• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One last chance!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just as a note, EVO registration ends tomorrow at noon PST. That means you have a little under 26 hours to register, which itself costs $80 each, and is likely not refundable... better decide quickly whether you have faith in your donation drive or not.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Just as a note, EVO registration ends tomorrow at noon PST. That means you have a little under 26 hours to register, which itself costs $80 each, and is likely not refundable... better decide quickly whether you have faith in your donation drive or not.

I'm pretty sure it ends Sunday?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
nvm I misread a tweet from @evo2k lol, Media Registration ends tomorrow.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Someone buy me this shirt please.
I'll try to get you one, Brady. (This is Cameron, that one guy who used to live in Idaho, who's friends with you on Goodreads, lol)
And I totally forgot: do you still have my GoldenEye64 strategy guide. Wow. It's been a while since we've seen each other.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Just as an update, we are currently at 75 sales. That's pretty insane considering it's only been 24 hours. Keep it up people :)

Also currently wondering if any video editors would be willing to make a quick little video for the shirt to share on some youtube channels (MeleeAtlNorth, Waffles, etc)
That's insane! LETS GO ARMADA

brdy_

Smash Lord
I'll try to get you one, Brady. (This is Cameron, that one guy who used to live in Idaho, who's friends with you on Goodreads, lol)
And I totally forgot: do you still have my GoldenEye64 strategy guide. Wow. It's been a while since we've seen each other.
No I'm quite certain you took that back from me like 3 years ago!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Here's a recent interview I did with ARmada last weekend at a Finnish Melee national, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7l7_grupCo&feature=youtu.be

Not directly related to the thread, but I figured I'd throw it out here
****ttt Armada knows the ways very well. As expected from a champion, though I already knew that. I did like when he said a lot of people waste their time to entertain themselves rather than taking a discipline seriously. It's so key to be successful, you gotta breathe your training or whatever your goal is.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I'm a brawl player who loves to watch some melee. I might donate if I win some money matches in the coming days.

One dramatic thought: what if armada and android had to play after they manage to advance a decent amount in brackets ? Especially if, for some reason, they're in LB ? What will happen then, will armada beat his brother for the sake of his promise? or will he destroy the very reason he's travelling for ? drama !

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm a brawl player who loves to watch some melee. I might donate if I win some money matches in the coming days.

One dramatic thought: what if armada and android had to play after they manage to advance a decent amount in brackets ? Especially if, for some reason, they're in LB ? What will happen then, will armada beat his brother for the sake of his promise? or will he destroy the very reason he's travelling for ? drama !

Then, out of nowhere, Maury and his team of forensic investigators use a DNA sample to expose the truth that Android isn't even Armada's actual brother. He was switched at birth with none other than... HUNGRYBOX. That's right, Armada and Hungrybox are... brothers...

*dun dun DUN*

Suddenly, those long bouts of Young Link vs. Jigglypuff retroactively transform from a battle of hatred into a metaphor for their passionate, albeit misguided, brotherly love. They were simply acting out the sibling rivalry they felt in their core all this time.

Prog: "Is this what you wanted from Evo?"

Jun.

Smash Lord
How about the people that donate get a return out of it, like an investment.

If he wins and the benefactors get a return, he gets a free trip to the best country in the world anyways.

These fund things are the dumbest thing and don't happen in any game other than Smash because we, the people that play this game are a group of degenerates.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Maybe these funds are good and only happen here because it's a good community. It's called a DONATION, after all.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Scumbag Melee community: donates money to breast cancer research and impressive players to maximize their own Evo entertainment.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
How about the people that donate get a return out of it, like an investment.

If he wins and the benefactors get a return, he gets a free trip to the best country in the world anyways.

These fund things are the dumbest thing and don't happen in any game other than Smash because we, the people that play this game are a group of degenerates.

Yeah it does happen actually. The difference is most fighting games played at a level worthy of Evo have sponsors (i.e, people that pay for players to travel). We are just getting started down that path.

Nobody complains that Madcatz pays for Daigo to travel, or any of the other sponsored players of various fighting games. If people want to donate, they'll donate. If you don't want to, by all means don't. You don't speak for the community, and if we do reach our goal, we'll have our answer as to whether the community thinks it's important enough to donate for.

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Probably the most ignorant thing I've read. We really want to see Armada play. The concept of loving a game is obviously not something you can understand.
In addition to that, we're short on time and he's the friggin' world champion.

oksas

oak-sauce
Are you guys seriously trying to get this guy 2.6 grand who randomly "quit" at the top of his game despite the feelings of the community?
hey *****

any particular reason you feel like it's your or the community's job to decide when any of its players get to make personal decisions about their smash habits?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
"Investment"

Jesus, I'm dying here. Best idea.

The first meeting of Armada's One Last Chance shareholders will be at 10 a.m. EST, July 8th. After the smash brothers pillow fight.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Hey I'm Armada

You might remember me from the other times I came and took all your sorry noobs' money. I thought wrecking all you sorry ****s was so sad that I thought I'd quit, but I could use some more League of Legends skins so figured I'd come back and do it again. Oh and this time, if you guys could pay for my trip here that'd be great.

Keep practicing and you'll make it!
- Armada

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
90 shirts have been ordered so far, we need to step it up! Has anyone contacted Prog/Waffles/MeleeAtNorth/other ppl so that they could make a video and post it on their Youtube channel to reach more people? 160 orders is a piece of cake, c'mon we raised over 90 000 to get to EVO

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
From what I've seen you give some pretty fantastic interviews Novi.
Thanks, it means a lot

I could see Novi doing a 60 minutes style Melee show. Having smashers talk about their deep feelings and having really intimate lengthy interviews with awkward lighting and a really calm yet mentally nerve wracking atmosphere for their guest.

I wouldn't really mind seeing something like this actually. More personal, down to earth interviews with players. The post game 5 minute sound byte interviews dont really amount to much unfortunately. Be nice to see more planned interviews that really let the interviewee express themselves on an intellectual manner.
I'd love to do something like this, if only I lived in Norcal or somewhere with a lot of top pros

Anyways, has Armada registered yet? He really should. Also we need more promotion on the T-shirt campaign. Could people like Waffles/MeleeAtNorth post a video about on their channels?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Merged the threads
Added the info from the other thread to this one

In the future Armada, don't make multiple threads about the same thing. Just edit/post in the first one

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Hey I'm Armada

You might remember me from the other times I came and took all your sorry noobs' money. I thought wrecking all you sorry fux was so sad that I thought I'd quit, but I could use some more League of Legends skins so figured I'd come back and do it again. Oh and this time, if you guys could pay for my trip here that'd be great.

- Armada
Yeah, people spending money on what they want is terrible!

Justerbuster07

Smash Apprentice

dun dun dun!!! *cue epic yugioh music*

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hey I'm Armada

You might remember me from the other times I came and took all your sorry noobs' money. I thought wrecking all you sorry ****s was so sad that I thought I'd quit, but I could use some more League of Legends skins so figured I'd come back and do it again. Oh and this time, if you guys could pay for my trip here that'd be great.

- Armada
It's ok to be jealous that this is something you'd never accomplish. All you have are empty words.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Top Bottom