• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One last chance!

Armada

Smash Lord
The flights went up by a bit so the goal will not be lower then it already is =/
Thanks so much to everyone for helping out.

I promise that I will continue to practice a lot =)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Armada remember to clear your cookies and cache history and whatnot before you buy your tickets. As others have said they raise the price the more you look to gauge you/make you rush.

If they're still higher then maybe you should buy them before they're gone.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Alternatively, you can just visit the airfare sites using chrome's incognito mode rather than periodically clearing your cookies.

The Business

Smash Journeyman
130!!

Buy a custom t-shirt/hoodie for $25!! Only 30 left to go! All proceeds($17 per shirt) go towards bringing Armada, the greatest Peach player to shake our tournaments to EVO 2013!!
assuming its 17 dollars per shirt to armada and 130 have been sold, that's a total of $2210. Plus the 257 in donations = $2467

pretty sure armada is confirmed.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Armada remember to clear your cookies and cache history and whatnot before you buy your tickets. As others have said they raise the price the more you look to gauge you/make you rush.

If they're still higher then maybe you should buy them before they're gone.

Actually not true. Urban legend.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ert-do-cookies-really-raise-airfares/2121981/

http://de.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/1ekv6e/lpt_bounty_1_year_of_reddit_gold_to_the_first/

Carry on.

Darktooth77

Smash Rookie
i bought the shirt and i told my friends to buy the shirt and i told my friends' friends

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
10 more lets hurry up and close.

question does armada have the money to go to this event or is he depending on the donations?

What I mean is, is their a proccessing time to get the money you're owed from teespring?? I'm excited / nervous. Can't wait to see armada whoop some fools and see what mang0 is gonna do about it.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
There is a processing time, but once we hit 160 we are ending the campaign early and replacing it with a secondary campaign for the same shirt. That way we can get Armada the money as quickly as possible. So let's push to get this done today.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Bought a shirt, cant donate any more than that. It would be so hype for me to get bodied in pools by armada. I wont make it out anyway.

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
As much as I want PP or Mango to beat Armada, it feels weird having the leftover money go into evo's prize pot just so that Armada can take it again.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
We opted to end the campaign early, so there will be no extra money. This way Armada gets the money faster. If we waited to long, plane tickets would have gone up and the purpose of this would have been defeated. However, we are running a secondary campaign with a much lower goal for those that missed. If the profit turns out to be anything substantial, the money will still be donated to Evo, but the profit margin is a lot lower with a lower goal. To reach the second campaign, go to this URL:

teespring.com/armada2

t3h Icy

Smash Master
If you lose round 1, you have 20 sets to go through to win EVO. I'm sure that in the case that Armada ends up against say, PP in round 1, it's still feasible, but that would be a hell of an endurance to go through.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
As much as I want to see Armada vs Hbox again, a part of me wishes that if it goes down, that we don't get timeout games on top8 evo stream.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Honestly I think that among the relevant players in the FGC, seeing smashers willing and able to play to win should be impressive, not boring. Timeouts occur often in Marvel and AE and it's an extremely difficult win condition to make use of, whenever I see them I'm just in awe at the ability of the player to do so in a game with so many offensive options.
The only embarrassing thing about it would be the smashers that would undoubtedly begin to boo and other such things if it were to happen. That would be a bad look.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Timeouts occur often in Marvel and AE
Timeouts in Umvc3 and AE = 99 seconds
Timeouts in Melee = 8 minutes

There is a huge difference. Timeouts in melee are extremely boring to watch for most people. Timeouts kill hype and would be pretty detrimental to the community if they occurred during top 8. I still agree that booing isn't a good idea either

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Timeouts in Umvc3 and AE = 99 seconds
Timeouts in Melee = 8 minutes

There is a huge difference. Timeouts in melee are extremely boring to watch for most people. Timeouts kill hype and would be pretty detrimental to the community if they occurred during top 8. I still agree that booing isn't a good idea either
marvel seconds are 2 seconds long, so it's actually 198 seconds for that game :p

however, there can be up to 3 timeouts in a game (3 games in a set), which would be 594 seconds which is nearly 10 minutes in Marvel and 5 in Street Fighter. each "game" in Smash is comparable to a 2/3 game in capcom fighters.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
You obviously haven't watched Chris g play morrigan in marvel. That is armadas young link, just with a lower timer. I'm actually excited to see what hbox will do if he has to face him again.

Massive

Smash Champion
This is really just my opinion, and I'm fine if people get mad over it. Feel free to debate it (SIRLIN! SIIIRLIN HERP DERP BERP) or say whatever you want about me, but I'm not really open to persuasion on this.

Timeouts are the antithesis of melee (and this is about melee specifically). If someone's goal in a match is to timeout, they are exploiting a technicality that was added mostly to prevent excessive stalling. Even with the rule the way it is, due to the fast-paced nature of the game, it is hard to get to 8 minutes without stalling.

If you win by timeout, you did not actually beat your opponent, you beat a clock.

If a big game times out at EVO I would not boo out of respect, but I would very much want to.

Top Bottom