• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omegablackmage's Mr. Game and Watch Guide

DC5

Smash Rookie
this will save me a lot of anguish but **** that takes some slick placement and timing

VaJaJ

Smash Cadet
Just a quick question and thanks to whoever answers it, when mk is of the ledge and they use their side b to recover would using parachute be useful to shoot them up into the air since i believe that up air doesnt work when they are using that move? Sorry i dont get the chance to play much so i can't test it out.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Just a quick question and thanks to whoever answers it, when mk is of the ledge and they use their side b to recover would using parachute be useful to shoot them up into the air since i believe that up air doesnt work when they are using that move? Sorry i dont get the chance to play much so i can't test it out.
You can use UpB to pull MK up really high if he tries to SideB and sweetspot the ledge. The timing is weird and quite difficult. Here's a video that shows it I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1wub4Jg8dY

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Maybe this has been mentionned already but this :

On the first pull of a stock, you cannot pull a 1 or a 2.
On the second pull of a stock, you cannot pull a 1 or the last number you pulled.
For third and subsequent pulls, you cannot pull either of the last two numbers pulled

Is false, or rather what's in bold.

You can pull a 1 or a 2 at the beginning of a stock. You can pull a 1 on the second stock. Finally, you can't do, let's say 9 - 9. But you could do 9 - X - 9. Meaning that the last two numbers pulled is also false.

Hope this helps, although I'm guessing this has been said before!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
From my research and hours and hours of playing the character, here's how it works:

The very first time you use sideB in a game, it cannot be a 1.
The second time you use sideB in a game, it cannot be a 1 or the previous number.
The third and all subsequent sideBs cannot be the previous numbers.

Note: When I say "in a game" I want you to take each game as a separate case. The numbers you get from sideB are recorded and stored ONLY one game at a time. So if you play your first game on Battlefield and get a 5, 4, 8, 1, 9 then play your second game on Smashville, the numbers you get there will NOT depend on the numbers you had gotten on Battlefield. This is also true in Boss Battles in between boss fights. If on the first boss you use sideB once and get a 9, then proceed to the second boss and use sideB once, it's possible to get a 9.

With that said I want to stress that the numbers you get with sideB are remembered in-between stock losses. For example, you start a 99 stock match and immediately get a 9 then an 8. You don't use sideB again until 50 stocks later. When you decide to use sideB again, it will be impossible to get a 9 or 8.

Fact: You can get a 2 on your first sideB.

With all this information, a G&W player can easily calculate the probability of getting a judgment (or 9) each game. The first throw has a 1/8 chance of a 9, the second throw has a 1/7 chance of a 9, and all throws after the second have a 1/7 chance of a 9 (provided you didn't already get one in your previous two numbers).

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
hmmm, i haven't seen a 2 on the first toss, i'll have to look into it. However, if that is the case, then every gw player would want to throw out a hammer for their first toss in order to better their odds of getting a nine when they need it.

edit:

apparently you can get a 2 on the first toss, and your right, these things don't seem to be stock dependent. Meaning that after you lose a stock, the rules don't reset to that of when you start the match. interesting stuff.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Well I could probably get video proof. We messed around with it for a while actually and all that stuff I mentioned up above is true :O well what I wrote.

If you really want the proof, I'll work at it for sure OBM :O

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
No, U-air is called "Spitball Sparky"

That's the name of the G&W series game it came from.

Also, to give you an idea how move priority works vs projectiles, I did some testing and found that attacks that do at least 17% in one hit cancel Samus's fully charged shot, and her charge shot does 26%. Move vs projectile priority is dependent on the damage of the projectile, and the move in question. If the projectile outdamages the move by 10 or more, it seems to take priority.

Any of G&W's Smashes can cancel her Charge Shot if you charge them slightly and then release. Up-smash always cancels her charge shot due to invincibility frames (not to mention it does 18%).

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
That's a known occurrence regarding how projectiles are canceled out. Nothing new.
Also, G&W's Usmash doesn't have invincibility frames. Just, the hurtbox around his head region disappears for a short time, though his body is completely vulnerable.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Well, by it's "known" I mean it's been looked into by others, though it may not be common knowledge. It's still not bad to note, as many people don't realize how canceling projectiles work.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
5 fried pan???

hows that i never seen that before!!!... u said in ur guide... if u buffer neutral B after an airdodge mr game will trow 5 fried pan in a row... i tried and only trow one... can u explain that better???

thks in advice!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
1) Perform any action with G&W (attack, dodge, roll, etc)
2) RIGHT BEFORE the action ends press the B button once and only once.

Doing this will cause Chef to shoot all 5 pieces of bacon (and other random items) even without you touching the controller. To prevent this, simply tap the B button again.

Mr. Grey

Smash Cadet
what do you mean " to prevent this tap the B button again"
I dont think I quite understand. Or maybe im just reading it the wrong way.
but please elaborate.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If you buffer neutral B then it will continue to shoot out bacon. Moving the contol stick, pressing jump, shielding, or try to attack won't stop GW from using the attack until ALL five pieces of bacon shoot out.

The ONLY way to stop the attack before the fifth piece is flung out, is by tapping the B button during the attack. Once you tap it, GW will shoot one more piece of bacon then you'll be able to move.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Great guide. So many things I learned here.
Still, were is the frame data for the Neutral B : The Frying pan?

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
Whatever happened to Mr. Escalators guide? Isnt his newer or is this still the go to guide for GaW?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
We need a more recent and in-depth guide IMO

This is REALLY outdated info (when the game first came out, and not everybody even knew GW's moves and stuff)

And mroe strategies and set-ups

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
whats really out of date with this guide? Set ups/Character specific matchups have more updated info in their respective threads, which is understandable. But this is just a guide on the basics of gw, at's, and such, all of which have not changed at all over the past year

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I agree with OBM. The basics of G&W are still here. I find myself referring to this guide over and over to look up information. This is a very in-depth guide; i love it.

Laem

Smash Champion
i randomly came here and saw that dtilt has no cooldown. thats pretty awesome/unique

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i think uair is so broken, if someone is in a helpless state you can juggle them right off the stage . make sure that you edgehog tho

Top Bottom