• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omegablackmage's Mr. Game and Watch Guide

Pixeldude

Smash Rookie
If you buffer neutral B then it will continue to shoot out bacon. Moving the contol stick, pressing jump, shielding, or try to attack won't stop GW from using the attack until ALL five pieces of bacon shoot out.

The ONLY way to stop the attack before the fifth piece is flung out, is by tapping the B button during the attack. Once you tap it, GW will shoot one more piece of bacon then you'll be able to move.

How can this be any good?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I think you misunderstood. The bacon buffer is a common problem. If you press B too early before an attack ends, then your bacon attack will continue to fire all 5 pieces of bacon. You can't move while you're stuck in this glitch. This is bad news :(

The only way to stop it is to press the B button again. This is good news ;)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
OH yeah, THAT slipped my mind. This is especially dangerous when off stage. I remember many many times in the past that this small glitch has caused BIG problems.. so you just hit B one more time UTD? I mean I have trained myself to be careful, but sometimes going from a bacon to an up+B can really cause some damage if this glitch kicks in... I was wondering if I was alone on this.. so that may be something big for me to look into to improve my overall G&W performance... Now the biggest question I have is Buckit Braking... what's the best way to practice that.. I consider myself a very experienced and well rounded G&W, I have won enough matches and stuff to know the ropes, but could never quite master the Buckit Brake..

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
that reminds me of my sister, she used to play mario bros. and would move the controller upwards while jumping with mario.... funny, I must have to work on my primal ape yelling voice, luke use the nair first in the air, then buckit

9-BiT

Smash Cadet
I learned bukit braking by actually yelling out loud "Nair first, then bucket!" every time I forgot.
I need to try this out. We should make a bucket braking workout routine, complete with terrible karaoke songs to help you remember it.
~9-BiT

9-BiT

Smash Cadet
I tried, but I could never tell if bucket braking actually saved me, or if I was fine either way.
~9-BiT

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Trust me, you'll be able to tell once you get it down. I once had my shield broke and ate a fully charged fsmash from Snake on the right platform of BF. I was able to survive with bucket braking.

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
For third and subsequent pulls, you cannot pull either of the last two numbers pulled
this is incorrect, I played a game in which I got a 9, then some other number, then another 9.
got video evidence, but its on someone else's wii. he'll upload it eventually.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You get hit with a Waddle Dee at the 0:18 mark. Right before you get hit you attempt to throw out another SideB. As the animation starts you get hit, which cancels your move (no hitbox) however it still counts as one of the two throws necessary to reset the 9.

I've had a similar experience before (Watch the cyan colored G&W)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkZOmQLQbk8

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
yeah, we thought of that, but i don't remember trying to use the hammer then.
though its either the theory is wrong or i did actually try to use it so i don't know.

);

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Well, given I've played G&W for three years now and I've thrown more than my share of SideBs. I'd say the theory is correct :D

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I found out that if, when using the Fishbowl, if you hit the opponent from above when the fish are at the third and last position, it has extra knockback. It's very powerful.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Oh sorry, I misread it for downwards glidetoss which I don't really find useful compared to that above.

51V3

Smash Rookie
Excellent thread. I main GW, have mained him since Melee (besides the Doc). This is an EXTREMELY helpful guide! I miss the Nair, but the fishbowl isn't too bad. I don't like to spam with Greenhouse, but reading through the advantages of it (being able to neutralize certain projectiles), this may be a more-used tactic for me in the near future. I'm also very grateful that Sakurai/whomever else along the Project Sora (?) Team made GW's Firemen implement the parachute as well, so you can not only get a good final jump, but you could also some-what control where you land.

Also, what is "foxtrot"? Is that the character dash speed? I've read somewhere on these forums that GW has the best foxtrot in the game. Is that a good/bad thing?

Did I miss it, or are there any "Advanced Techniques" on this guide? I don't wanna post an unnecessary thread if need-be.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
foxtrotting is basically tapping in the direction to do sequential short dashes consecutively.

G&W also has arguably the best glide toss in the game, although very hard to pull off and because of this slightly impractical.

Top Bottom