• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle129

Smash Rookie
Hi!

I'm Pickle, I've started playing Melee when I was about 5. There was a Macy's that had a Gamecube in the kid's section and it always had a copy of Melee running. I remember playing the game for hours while my mom shopped, absolutely addicted. And yet, I didn 't even know the game's name. XD When I got my Gamecube for Christmas, I searched high and low for this "Game of the Video Game Gods" as I called it when I was little. I found it, and played until Brawl's release. I've since moved onto Brawl and play as a casual competitive hybrid.

I'm not really all into competitive playing, I see most of it as a little too extreme. From the experiences I've had with competitive Smash, It seemed more like an abuse of the physics engine to develop "techniques" that were more bugs then anything else. But, whatever floats your boat I guess.

When I was younger I only played as Zelda and Mr.Game and Watch. Since moving onto SSBB, I've become the fast, hard hitting and frail kind of player, thus, I enjoy playing as Marth.

I joined to hopefully improve my skills and eventually beat some of my annoying competitive friends, who enjoy making fun of me for not playing the same way as them. I can hardly wait until the day when the "casual n00b" shows them who's boss. I also joined to find some people to play with, as Brawl's wifi is mostly filled with 2 players who just throw you back and forth, and the 3rd player who just taunts annoying phrases.

Notty92

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ekevu92
Hey guys, Notty92 posting for the first time here. Just getting back into brawl and trying to find some good competition, so hit me up if you wanna play and help me sharpen my skills.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Hey FBI:Vess here, i'm 18 year old college kids majoring in Graphic Design. I Play Brawl and Brawl plus. I main Pit Icarus in Vanilla brawl and Mario in Brawl plus. I been playing Smash bros brawl and plus in 2009 but my focus is Vanilla brawl. My Pit is pretty decent but i really to step it up a notch. But i still looking a Sub just incase i need Backup sub to help me out. First Tournament i been was a Brawl + at my College but didn't do that well but i'll step it up on my next tournament if go to one. I'm little shy but i'm Friendly and i like to crack jokes with people. Other Genre that i play is Fighting games such at (Blazblue Continuum shift, Super Street fighter 4, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 3 and ect....) My friend Ipresea told me about this site and i'm hopeing to makes some friends, brawl them offline sometimes and enter Tournament with them... And thats it =]
Hey, and welcome.

We should play sometime(In Smash bros.).

I have TvC, but I kinda fail at it. I need a Classic controller.

RosalinaFan

Smash Rookie
Hi! I'm New here! I found this a couple of days ago when I looked up Mario Sprites on google and For some reason a Link popped up about some Smash bros Fan game and it directed me to this Site So anyway.. Nice to meet you All!

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

Not my first post or first time here at all, I've lurked these forums for years during the early times of melee and posted a tad a few years ago. Haven't been playing much of any type of Smash at all for about the past year, and I want to get back into Brawl now.

I guess a bit about myself - I'm a college student here in Southern California majoring in biochemistry to hopefully go to med school later. Always love the smash.

So, I'm pretty much starting fresh - any skill I had built up just hasn't been retained. If anyone wants to Brawl feel free to PM me.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Hey guys,

Not my first post or first time here at all, I've lurked these forums for years during the early times of melee and posted a tad a few years ago. Haven't been playing much of any type of Smash at all for about the past year, and I want to get back into Brawl now.

I guess a bit about myself - I'm a college student here in Southern California majoring in biochemistry to hopefully go to med school later. Always love the smash.

So, I'm pretty much starting fresh - any skill I had built up just hasn't been retained. If anyone wants to Brawl feel free to PM me.
Hey naevroc, welcome back to SWF! You probably remember most things, but in case you don't here's a quick rundown.

For a quick way to find brawls with other members here, head to The Smashboards Arena. For brawl tournaments, you can find the rooms for Online Tournament Listings and Tournament Listings by scrolling down on the home page.

If you'd like help with a specific character in brawl, feel free to come to the Smashboards Mentoring Thread. It's a program I run along with Junglefever that works to match brawl players who want to improve with experienced vetereans who are willing to help.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of us here. :)

MilkywayW

Smash Rookie
moo!

20 year old college student, born in Honduras, living in Texas, studying in Maine. Yikes. My name is Richardo (and my smash name is Kradi..or will be xD) and though I've loved Melee since those days I'd play with my brother and friends, I've started to get back into it these last few months and hope to join some tournaments. I have an unnatural love for Yoshi as my profile pic suggests xD and the tier list won't stop me from playing my favorite character :D.

Hope to meet many of you in the future!

Richardo

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Hi, nice to meet you, Richardo! You seem to have a great attitude! :)

You can see some of the links I posted in the post above yours; those should help you out. Since you're a Yoshi player, you might want to visit the Yoshi Character Board for some Yoshi-specific strategies and discussion.

Feel free to ask us if you have any questions. :)

EricHimself

Smash Rookie
Overworked and Underlaid

Hey all, I'm Eric and I'm a hardcore Melee player, as well as a dedicated Brawl and 64 fan. My motto is, "Life goes by kinda fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, and do whatever you want all the time, you could miss it."

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Hi Eric, welcome!

You can find melee ans smash 64 discussions by scrolling down on the main page. There should be some really helpful stuff there. Good luck!

MilkywayW

Smash Rookie
Hi, nice to meet you, Richardo! You seem to have a great attitude! :)

You can see some of the links I posted in the post above yours; those should help you out. Since you're a Yoshi player, you might want to visit the Yoshi Character Board for some Yoshi-specific strategies and discussion.

Feel free to ask us if you have any questions. :)
Thanks! I will check them out right away :D

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Hey, everyone. I am Morph Boy, and I came around by chance. I just so happen to be programming my own Smash game (with sprites) right now, so I'm forced to know a lot about the Smash Series. I will attempt to be a decent help here. Peace out.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Hiya Morph Boy, welcome to Smash Boards :088:

Your own smash game, eh? Sounds awesome :) be sure to keep us posted

Shujin_Saiko91

Smash Rookie
Hi whats up, a friend of mine told me about this forum site and so here I am.

I've been playing ssb since the n64 days, and I'm a pretty die hard player of the ssb games, though the most I've done is play with friends locally, and never have been to tournments.

So anyway, I'm hoping to find some people to play online with and chat it up in these forums.

Gatlin

Hiya Shujin! Welcome to Smash Boards.

You don't have to play competitively to enjoy Smash, I, myself, play with friends only as well. :smash:

If you ever do decide to get into the competitive scene though, there are always tournaments available, some even locally. You can find some by your location in this section: Regional Zones. Also, that section can be used to just chat in general. (Just find "_______ Social")

You can find people to play online with here: Smashboards Arena. Just post that you are looking for a match, and you should get a response fairly quickly.

And dependent on which version of Smash you play, you can chat in the various game-related sections:

Brawl
Melee and 64

There are also many non-smash related sections:

General Gaming
General Discussion
Arts and Entertainment

I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Remillo

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys!

I've been playing Smash ever since the original, though I never owned my own Copy of any until Brawl. Since our school has been holding tourneys as fundraisers, I decided I should take a look at the competitive scene. I'm not terribly good and have never actually competed (played some exhibition matches after some local tourneys, though), but I'd love to research here and get better. I tend to stick to Pokemon characters (Jigglypuff was my junk in Melee), Snake, Ike and Deedeedee.

Outside of Brawl, music is pretty much my life. I write, arrange and listen to a pretty good variety of things, though I really only write in Classical Style. I have been wanting to try writing for Indie games, so if anyone here is a developer, hit me up some time.

Anyways, I'll probably just lurk for a while and post here and there until I get a feel for how things work.

Nice to meet you all!

Gatlin

Hey Remillo, welcome to the boards :bluejump:!

Same with me, I never owned my own copy of a Smash game until I decided to pick up Brawl. If you are truly interested in joining the competitive scene, I suggest taking a look at some local tournaments in your area. You can find them here: Regional Zones, as well as chat with others in your area.

Are you new-new to Smash then? If so I suggest taking a look at the Mentoring Program. They are there to give you pointers, tactics, techniques, and general information about choosing the right characters or stages. Plus, if you are into Pokemon, they can help you with that as well!

You can find the sections for any character here:

Brawl Characters
Melee Characters

SuperSmashDan

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,

I've been a massive SSB fan since I got melee on the Gamecube all those years ago. I used to play an impressive number of hours with a friend before he had to move town and quickly got a rep in my area (Ilford, Essex / London).

Following that, another of my friends snuck me into her university's gaming society when I was in my last year of a-levels. I found myself in a much bigger pond, so to speak, and out of my comfort zone. I got a lot better in this time.

One of the society leaders was a guy called Sing (I assume he's a user on here but know not his username). I fell out of touch with him until last Sunday, where by chance I bumped into him at London Anime / Gaming con. It was a pretty bizarre but very welcome turn of events. He told me more about the Smash Bros. community in London and directed me to this site.

It's been a while since I played SSB a lot - my friends got bored and tired because I'd become 'that guy' who'd lost far too much sunshine over the franchise - but it's definitely something I'd like to pick up again if there's an active community to get involved. This site has come as a rather pleasant surprise :)

So that's the incredibly uninteresting story of how I wound up here. I wanted to offer an explanation more than anything. Outside of SSB (oh dear...) I am the guitarist, manager and founder member of London Extreme Metal band Phyrexia. Yes, I play Magic the Gathering - I stopped buying after the reformatting with Mirrodin onwards however, so my collection doesn't really stand up to newer decks. I'm in my first year at Ravensbourne College in London, studying a degree in Music for Media. I spend most of my time on music related things, but gaming is easily my biggest pastime - my big goal is to combine the two and get into Video Game Composition for a living. Huge Castlevania, Zelda and Metroid fan... I'm rambling on a lot now so I'll stop there!

Thanks for getting through that^ o.O

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
so yeah, my sig basically tells it all lol. Just posting this to see how everything looks with my posts and all. Hi to whoever is here haha, I might record some Project M and upload it sometime if anyone cares. Never really been a member of the community, but have been a close follower for a few years. Not sure if I'm gonna get too deep into the community or smash yet, we'll see.

Cheers
-Dan

Gatlin

Hi everyone,

I've been a massive SSB fan since I got melee on the Gamecube all those years ago. I used to play an impressive number of hours with a friend before he had to move town and quickly got a rep in my area (Ilford, Essex / London).

Following that, another of my friends snuck me into her university's gaming society when I was in my last year of a-levels. I found myself in a much bigger pond, so to speak, and out of my comfort zone. I got a lot better in this time.

One of the society leaders was a guy called Sing (I assume he's a user on here but know not his username). I fell out of touch with him until last Sunday, where by chance I bumped into him at London Anime / Gaming con. It was a pretty bizarre but very welcome turn of events. He told me more about the Smash Bros. community in London and directed me to this site.

It's been a while since I played SSB a lot - my friends got bored and tired because I'd become 'that guy' who'd lost far too much sunshine over the franchise - but it's definitely something I'd like to pick up again if there's an active community to get involved. This site has come as a rather pleasant surprise :)

So that's the incredibly uninteresting story of how I wound up here. I wanted to offer an explanation more than anything. Outside of SSB (oh dear...) I am the guitarist, manager and founder member of London Extreme Metal band Phyrexia. Yes, I play Magic the Gathering - I stopped buying after the reformatting with Mirrodin onwards however, so my collection doesn't really stand up to newer decks. I'm in my first year at Ravensbourne College in London, studying a degree in Music for Media. I spend most of my time on music related things, but gaming is easily my biggest pastime - my big goal is to combine the two and get into Video Game Composition for a living. Huge Castlevania, Zelda and Metroid fan... I'm rambling on a lot now so I'll stop there!

Thanks for getting through that^ o.O
Welcome to the boards :)

Interesting story, I hope you find your friend on here! I've always wanted to visit London to see what it's like over there, but never had the chance! I hope you enjoy your stay here!

European Boards
General Gaming
Zelda Boards

so yeah, my sig basically tells it all lol. Just posting this to see how everything looks with my posts and all. Hi to whoever is here haha, I might record some Project M and upload it sometime if anyone cares. Never really been a member of the community, but have been a close follower for a few years. Not sure if I'm gonna get too deep into the community or smash yet, we'll see.

Cheers
-Dan
Hi there Dan, welcome :)

If you do decide to get into the smashboards community, there are plenty of people to discuss practically anything with. We're all nice too, so don't be shy :p

Melee Boards
General Gaming

Hope to see you guys around :chuckle:

highfive

Smash Lord
It's been forever since I've come on to Smashboards. It's like getting my sea legs back after being on land for a while.

Phoxhound

Smash Cadet
Baltimore, MD (in a worm hole during summers)
3DS FC
2707-1679-3227
Sup guys.

You may or may not have seen me around; been a member for quite some time, when I joined to get some critique on my brawl Jiggs play (which I did :D ) and recently, with college upon me and being good at smash being somewhat of a big deal around here, I've gotten back into Smashboards and SSB overall.

I've been playing the smash series since it came out for the N64, almost without cease. I spent many long hours on Melee but never even imagined any kind of "competitive scene", likely because I was only 12 at the time and had no idea that anything like competitive gaming existed. My perspective changed greatly with Brawl, however, particularly in that I found that I was much more comfortable with many of the characters in brawl than I had been with melee. Until Brawl came out I had been a longtime Ness player, which stuck with me for a bit in Brawl until I discovered Lucario, and later G&W by playing a bunch of random matches.

Looking to get into the local tournament scene if time/transportation permits; as a college freshman majoring in both computer science and mathematics, I sometimes find my free hours preciously limited.

That being said, this forum has given me a welcome break from long hours of study. Hope to spend plenty more time with this community.

Phox

Gatlin

It's been forever since I've come on to Smashboards. It's like getting my sea legs back after being on land for a while.
Welcome back!

Sup guys.

You may or may not have seen me around; been a member for quite some time, when I joined to get some critique on my brawl Jiggs play (which I did :D ) and recently, with college upon me and being good at smash being somewhat of a big deal around here, I've gotten back into Smashboards and SSB overall.

I've been playing the smash series since it came out for the N64, almost without cease. I spent many long hours on Melee but never even imagined any kind of "competitive scene", likely because I was only 12 at the time and had no idea that anything like competitive gaming existed. My perspective changed greatly with Brawl, however, particularly in that I found that I was much more comfortable with many of the characters in brawl than I had been with melee. Until Brawl came out I had been a longtime Ness player, which stuck with me for a bit in Brawl until I discovered Lucario, and later G&W by playing a bunch of random matches.

Looking to get into the local tournament scene if time/transportation permits; as a college freshman majoring in both computer science and mathematics, I sometimes find my free hours preciously limited.

That being said, this forum has given me a welcome break from long hours of study. Hope to spend plenty more time with this community.

Phox
Welcome back :).

Lol, I never knew competitive gaming existed until like... 4 months ago, so you aren't late :p

Game & Watch Boards
Lucario Boards

Those are cool and fun characters you picked. I love playing as Lucario as well, but I cannot grasp G&W very well hah, so kudos to you there.

If you are looking to get into the competitive scene, you can find local tourneys here: Regional Zones

Good luck with the rest of college, and hope to see you around the boards!

Hello all,
My name is Mcmillan and I am just 26 years old...I recently come across this
site and I found it is very interesting forum with lots of useful and value able information..
I hope you guys will enjoy my company here...
Hiya Mcmillan, welcome to the boards :)

You'll find a lot of interesting discussions about virtually anything on this site, don't be afraid to jump into the discussion, we have a good community here.

Any company is enjoyable, hope to see you around :088:

Neo Conker

Smash Rookie
I'm Neo Conker.
I usually go by the name Conker but someone beat me to it here and so i'll use Neo Conker because it's still conker just in awesome gear :64:

I've been a fan of Super Smash since i first played it on the 64 and when Gamecubes came out i grabbed one quickly and once i found super smash melee i didn't think twice.

I play melee with mates if i find the time and i'm looking to play with/against people who also love the game and are skilled.

Cranzor

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I go by Cranzor. I've been playing Smash since the 64 version. Super Smash Bros. Melee is my favorite game of all time, and I played it a ton. I never knew about competitive gaming until around 2007. Although Brawl is undeniably not as fun as Melee, I still have a lot of fun playing it. I'm still learning a lot and I'm not very good right now but I'm trying to get better. If there is anyone else who's new to competitive smash, send me a PM and we can play together :)

dondeluis

Smash Rookie
Hey my name's Don. Im an intermediate skilled brawler. My brawl code is 4425-3197-0655

Im from Nova Scotia, Canada

Benzene

Smash Rookie
Hi, I've been lurking about in the forums long ago and then I quit melee for about a year or so. I never got really good but I'm starting up again hoping that I can further develop my skills. My main is captain falcon and I also like to play game and watch as a secondary character =D.

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
Welcome Conker, Cranzor, dondeluis and Benzene!
if you have any questions feel free to ask me or anybody else on this forums, they're usually all very friendly.. haha

Conker, if you're looking for smashers in your vicinity/area, you might wanna check out the
Regional zones,

Cranzor, donde, f you'd like to play some casual wifi matches, visit the Fighting Arena here in the SIC
( just post in there and wait for a reply :D).
If you want to join an online tournament, go to the OTL (Online tournament Listings). Make sure to check the OTL Guide first :D

Benzene, since you've been lurking for a while already, you surely know where to look for the melee section :D

hope you all enjoy your stay here :D
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89

snow toilet

Smash Rookie
hello, im snow toilet.

before i tell a little bit about myself i just want to say that i can see myself enjoying my stay here at smashboards. everyone seems really nice.

i am 22 years old, with adhd and a whole lot of imagination. i am a huge, and possibly one of the biggest, sonic the hedgehog fan ever since 91. the series has really helped me become the person i am today. i am an old skool gamer, majority of which are from the 90s, but i do enjoy some new stuff here and there. a lot of mortal kombat, pokemon blue/red and gold/silver, tetris, any kind of scrolling shooter and other stuff of that nature. whatever amazes and can entertain my brain i will play. im down for anything.

dinosaurs, i could go all day with dinosaurs (my favorite being dimetrodon). when i was a kid there wasnt a day that went by where i didnt have my head in a book about prehistoric carnivores. music wise, whats there to say other than i love 80s music especially pat benetar. any kind of 80s music and ill listen to it. other than that i enjoy mid-late 80s and early 90s hip hop, some alternative such as mushroomhead (basically from 95 to m3) as well as their side projects and very little grindcore. besides that i am a huge talk radio fan mostly of what wcsb holds. television, i can say that i mostly enjoy cartoons depending on what it is like dexters laboratory, beavis and butthead, dragon ball and a lot of looney tunes. but i do enjoy watching shows like seinfeld, the king of queens and its always sunny in philadelphia.

what else is there to say??? i hope to meet some new people and make some new friends here as well as enjoying my stay here at smashboards. if you want to know more about me let me know and we will talk. thanks for your time everyone.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Mortal Kombat and Beavis & Butt-head, eh? My kind of guy. :denzel:

Hello and welcome to SWF, Snow. I'm glad to see that you're having a great time here. If you have any questions about the site or anything else, feel free to ask me!

snow toilet

Smash Rookie
Mortal Kombat and Beavis & Butt-head, eh? My kind of guy. :denzel:

Hello and welcome to SWF, Snow. I'm glad to see that you're having a great time here. If you have any questions about the site or anything else, feel free to ask me!
haha excellent im making friends already. if any questions come up youll be the first to know. thanks.

leafshadow

Smash Apprentice
Sup I'm Leafshadow the guy at the tourney yesterday. (Did pretty bad XD) I main ROB and am average at best :S (Yet don't underestimate me ;D). Killer Instict is my favorite game series maining the beast that is Riptor but besides all that I hope I can fit in. :D

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, the name's KMF. I'm an European brawler. My main is Mario, secundairy Snake.
I've been into Brawl since the American release. But I quit Brawl a while in 2009, went back in the online scene in 2010 (no other brawlers in my neighbourhood). So yeah, im a wi-fi brawler.

Gatlin

Sup I'm Leafshadow the guy at the tourney yesterday. (Did pretty bad XD) I main ROB and am average at best :S (Yet don't underestimate me ;D). Killer Instict is my favorite game series maining the beast that is Riptor but besides all that I hope I can fit in. :D
Hiya Leafshadow, welcome to the boards :)

Don't worry about not performing your best lol, no doubt you are better than me, haha. ROB is a cool character, good choice. You can find the ROB boards here. Don't be afraid about fitting in, the community here is nice, anyone is welcome.

You can also discuss Killer Instinct and virtually any other game at the Light House

Hey everyone, the name's KMF. I'm an European brawler. My main is Mario, secundairy Snake.
I've been into Brawl since the American release. But I quit Brawl a while in 2009, went back in the online scene in 2010 (no other brawlers in my neighbourhood). So yeah, im a wi-fi brawler.
Hey KMF, welcome to Smashboards ;D
Europe eh? You are lucky, I've always wanted to visit. You can find other European Smashers/Gamers here, as well as tournaments!

You picked some fun characters as your mains, you'll be able to discuss tactics or just generally chat with others in the Mario and Snake boards. The communities are friendly, so don't be afraid to get involved :)

I hope you can find others to play with, I know Wi-fi isn't the greatest or most fun to play with. You shouldn't have a problem.

Hope to see you guys around the boards :088:

Luigichaosengine

Smash Rookie
Hi. I'm Luigichaosengine. I like to play as Luigi or anyone BUT Meta-knight. Played since 2004 when I got my Gamecube.

Gatlin

Hiya Luigichaosengine :)
Luigichaosengine said:
I like to play as Luigi or anyone BUT Meta-knight
Haha, well I like that :p, lots of people play as MK and it defeats any originality :[

You can find the Luigi boards here, tactics, matchups, discussions, etc. will be there for ya.

and since you play as lots of other characters, you can find any other character discussion in the Brawl Character Discussion

Hope to see ya around :bee:

Finny

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm Finny. I've been lurking for a while but I finally decided to officially join the community a few days ago. I main Ness, first and foremost, and second Marth. Still looking for another higher-tiered secondary, though. Unfortunately, I came in late on the Smash scene, so I haven't played much melee or ssb 64. Even though wifi sucks, it's pretty much my only option, considering none of my friends are very interested in smash.

I've never actually been to a real tournament (though I want to attend one) so I don't know how good I really am, but once I get a capture card, I'll be posting more in the Ness Video Thread to hopefully be critiqued.

Oh, and besides smash i am also very interested in chess. and I'm a junior in high school.

Nice to meet you all.

CattoBam

Smash Rookie
My name is Cattobam. Really, the name just came from the fact that I wanted the initials CB. I don't have a definite main at the moment, as I switch a lot, but I can tell you I will never be Meta Knigh, Toon Link, or any of the other high tiers. (I know TL isn't as high as MK and the others, but he should be.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom