• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MM Distortion

Smash Apprentice
hey everyone i'm new to smashboards. i live in PA and i want to start going to local tournaments. i've been trying to get involved in smashboards as much as i can. if anyone lives in PA feel free to join my group Pennsylvania smashers. :D

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Hi, I'm Finny. I've been lurking for a while but I finally decided to officially join the community a few days ago. I main Ness, first and foremost, and second Marth. Still looking for another higher-tiered secondary, though. Unfortunately, I came in late on the Smash scene, so I haven't played much melee or ssb 64. Even though wifi sucks, it's pretty much my only option, considering none of my friends are very interested in smash.

I've never actually been to a real tournament (though I want to attend one) so I don't know how good I really am, but once I get a capture card, I'll be posting more in the Ness Video Thread to hopefully be critiqued.

Oh, and besides smash i am also very interested in chess. and I'm a junior in high school.

Nice to meet you all.
Sup Finny, welcome :)

Kudos on maining Ness, I couldn't use him well at all, hah. Marth is also a very good character, good choices. You can discuss tactics or virtually anything in the general discussions of each character's boards. You can find them here (Ness) and here (Marth)

It's better to start later than never right? I started late as well, but that's fine. Yes... Wifi does suck hah, pretty much all I got as well at the moment.

If you are looking for tournaments in your area, you can usually find them in the Regional Zones section. You'll also find a lot of smashers local to you :p

Chess is an awesome game, very strategic, my kind of game.

My name is Cattobam. Really, the name just came from the fact that I wanted the initials CB. I don't have a definite main at the moment, as I switch a lot, but I can tell you I will never be Meta Knigh, Toon Link, or any of the other high tiers. (I know TL isn't as high as MK and the others, but he should be.)
Hiya CB :p, welcome to the boards!

Not having a main is fine, it'll come to you after time. Only reason I mained Fox is because he is my favorite video game character, had nothing to do with tiers or anything. Turns out he is my favorite character to play as, too! Just try to find a character you are comfortable with, and who's moveset you like, and tiers or anything shouldn't matter, as long as you are having fun.

Toon Link is pretty annoying to play against, hah, I agree with that.

hey everyone i'm new to smashboards. i live in PA and i want to start going to local tournaments. i've been trying to get involved in smashboards as much as i can. if anyone lives in PA feel free to join my group Pennsylvania smashers. :D
Hiya MM Distortion, welcome ;D

Cool idea starting a social group! You can also find local tournaments and players in your area in your Regional Zone.

Smashboards is easy to get into, the community is very nice.

Hope to see you guys around :088:

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Ah, here it is. .__.' I was looking everywhere for this. I had no idea it was a topic but I guess I found it.

Anyway, hey! I'm Takumi. I've been lurking around this community for a while now and after months I finally decided to join in the community since... Brawl is practically the only game I play on my Wii and the community might make the game more fun.

I often play as most of the female characters. I usually play as Zelda (I suck at Shiek). My secondary would probably be ZSS. I'm usually around Wi-Fi on Basic Brawl having fun with Taunt Parties and crashers. I don't usually do much. In fact, I'm with one right now and wasn't paying attention. I nearly died until a Zelda decided to save me. o.O'

I'm actually quite amused "Taunt Parties" as you guys call it are even mentioned here and are argued about. Oh well. Yes, I did buy Brawl for its original purpose but I've never been a "DIEDIEDIEDIE" kind of person. I like playing around and eventually coming up with a strategy against them.

Despite all this, I usually suck. If I don't suck, I get lucky.
I enjoy hacking Brawl for my own amusement but have never used it on WiFi.
I'm actually on the computer more often but due to circumstances, I've been playing Brawl more.

I prefer RPGs.... but Brawl is my stress reliever (usually).

Anyway, nice to meet you!

EDIT: Oh, and if you're wondering what I usually play as on WiFi, I'm usually a Blue Zelda, a Red/Blue Peach, or a Black ZZS. If I get bored, I'll start rotating colors every match. o.o *thumbs up if you see me*

MM Distortion

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the warm welcome Gatlin. yeah so far the community has been really friendly, i can't wait to start going to tournaments. :D

Hiya MM Distortion, welcome ;D

Cool idea starting a social group! You can also find local tournaments and players in your area in your Regional Zone.

Smashboards is easy to get into, the community is very nice.

Hope to see you guys around

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
Aye everybody, I'm new to the boards, though I've lurked for a while. Figured I might as well register. I main Pikachu and am learning DK and Kirby as secondaries. I'm not a great player by any stretch of the imagination, but if anyone in the Boston area's looking for some new cannon fodder, by all means, hit me up. Anyway, the community seems pretty nice around here, I look forward to getting involved.

Also, if anyone's wondering, the name comes from the fact that I always go for the goggles as Pikachu. That and the fact that it's easily turned into a five-letter name.

Riot

Smash Rookie
Sup. Name is Riot. I liked brawl but im not the best, well heh as a matter of fact, i suck, badly. My fav characters are (yes bottom tier i know, most of these were from melee) Link was my first, and still is, i keep using him no matter what, Ganondorf- i picked him because hes bottom tier and iwas to at least show that he doesnt totally suck (its also cool to beat someone with the worst character) My other characters that i know the most are toon link (actually my best but i hate TL) Falco, Luigi and Wolf. I am actually playing brawl offline as i type this (lol) I have tried to master some techs but i have given up as i cannot do them. anyway, hi pplz! (i can also be short tempered sometimes and i dont learn on my own, i usually need someone to teach me)

Merkovski

Smash Rookie
Hellos, I'm Merkovski. I've been smashing since the 64 days, and although I've played some brawl, I'm sticking to melee. :] I'm a falco main, btw.

I've played melee since its debut in 2001, but most of my experience was just 1v1 with my brother. We thought we were awesome. That is, until he went off to college and met some serious smashers. He'd come home during breaks from school and womp me, until I learned through example and learned to keep up.

We entered our 1st local melee tourney a few months back. I got through 3 sets until I was eliminated, and he did about the same. We weren't disappointed in ourselves at all, and we took the whole thing as a great experience.

We got wind of another tourney being hosted, and we wanted to do better this time around. This is where we finally started to get technical. He learned JC grabs, l-canceling, and better mind games from his college friends. Meanwhile, I discovered this site, read as much as I could, watched youtube vids, and trained in versus till I got l-canceling, edge teching, waveshining, JC grabs, and mind games among other things. I didn't place in the tourney, but I got 5th this time around.

Long story long (lulz), I'm a very passionate smasher (lulz) that is always looking to improve. Maybe someday I'll be able to search youtube for "Merkovski vs [insert pro smasher here]" lol a Falco can dream. :]

Gatlin

Hellos, I'm Merkovski. I've been smashing since the 64 days, and although I've played some brawl, I'm sticking to melee. :] I'm a falco main, btw.
Hi hi Merkovski, welcome to Smashboards :) Awesome to see you main one of my favorite characters! You'll be able to discuss anything Falco-related, as well as meet other Falco-mains in the Falco (Melee) section.

Merkovski said:
I've played melee since its debut in 2001, but most of my experience was just 1v1 with my brother. We thought we were awesome. That is, until he went off to college and met some serious smashers. He'd come home during breaks from school and womp me, until I learned through example and learned to keep up.

We entered our 1st local melee tourney a few months back. I got through 3 sets until I was eliminated, and he did about the same. We weren't disappointed in ourselves at all, and we took the whole thing as a great experience.

We got wind of another tourney being hosted, and we wanted to do better this time around. This is where we finally started to get technical. He learned JC grabs, l-canceling, and better mind games from his college friends. Meanwhile, I discovered this site, read as much as I could, watched youtube vids, and trained in versus till I got l-canceling, edge teching, waveshining, JC grabs, and mind games among other things. I didn't place in the tourney, but I got 5th this time around.

Long story long (lulz), I'm a very passionate smasher (lulz) that is always looking to improve. Maybe someday I'll be able to search youtube for "Merkovski vs [insert pro smasher here]" lol a Falco can dream. :]

Awesome story! Glad to see you have family to play with, that is a good practice. Also awesome to see that you are already entering some tourneys and becoming part of the competitive scene. You will be able to find many tourneys in your local area (if you don't already know about them) in your Regional Zone, as well as many other smashers close-by.

Hope to see you around the boards :p

rawrzpwn

Smash Rookie
Hello Im Rawrzpwn and im here to learn how to make textures so then i can make some badass textures. i have a couple of ideas on mind, so if someone would be so kind to tell me how to make textures, ill be very happy and share them with you! :D thanks!

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Hello Im Rawrzpwn and im here to learn how to make textures so then i can make some badass textures. i have a couple of ideas on mind, so if someone would be so kind to tell me how to make textures, ill be very happy and share them with you! :D thanks!
Brawl textures I'm guessing?

Here's a tutorial on how to make your own textures http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l48dhTatABg

You might wanna check out the Smash Workshop section too for anything Brawl hack related.

Welcome to Smashboards!

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Greetings everyone!
I am a teenager living in the beautiful (and cold) land of Sweden.
My "Smash career", so to say, probably begun when I was around six years old and played a lot of SSB64 with my cousins. We had some crazy free for all battles and at that time, it was one of the best things to do when visiting them. We played just for fun with items for a long time, and then the NGC arrived with the new Smash Bros. game announced.
I got my Gamecube for birthday present and the only game I wanted was SSBM, which I had played a couple of times at the nearby gaming store. I was quite disappointed when I only got Super Mario Sunshine (which, by the way, is a great game indeed) instead of the precious Smash-game I so eagerly wanted.
So I got SSBM for Christmas and I was amazed! It had everything I ever wanted: my favourite characters (I was a Nintendo-fanboy back then :3), perfect gameplay, innovative battle-system and much more.
Via the Internet, I realized that this game had some competetive aspects. I was a member at the same forum as Armada and Calle W and when I saw their matches, I was truly inspired by the fast-paced gameplay that I never thought was possible.
After learning all the basic advanced techniques, the game got even better! It had never been so fun playing smash with my friends and I could spend days watching great matches on Youtube.
Naturally, I hyped Brawl from day one. The smash-games were still some of my favourite games ever. Sadly, Brawl was not what I had expected. But I do think Brawl is a fun game you can pick up when you are a couple of friends who just want to play for fun and I have spent many many hours with this game as well.
Today, I think SSB64 is the best game in the series, probably due to nosalgia. It is a genious game with the best stages ever made and a flawless gameplay. Melee is nearly as great as its prequel and Brawl is just a fun game. Overall I think all three games are terrific.
I don't play as much as before but when I am spending my time at the computer, you find me most likely at youtube watching some smash videos (Isai and Armada matches are inspiring). When I do play, however, I stick with a calm style, reading my opponent and gimp a lot because it's funny ;) My mains differ from game to game: Fox and Captain Falcon in SSB64 and Melee and King Dedede and Captain Falcon in Brawl. However, I play well with all characters.
I joined smashboards to discuss three of my favourite games of all time. I am not seeking people to play with, I don't play competetive and probably will never do. I also want to improve my English :)

Sorry for the long story, guys. When I start writing, I have a hard time finishing what I am writing...

Gatlin

Greetings everyone!
Hello there! ;D

Ove said:
I am a teenager living in the beautiful (and cold) land of Sweden.
My "Smash career", so to say, probably begun when I was around six years old and played a lot of SSB64 with my cousins. We had some crazy free for all battles and at that time, it was one of the best things to do when visiting them. We played just for fun with items for a long time, and then the NGC arrived with the new Smash Bros. game announced.
I got my Gamecube for birthday present and the only game I wanted was SSBM, which I had played a couple of times at the nearby gaming store. I was quite disappointed when I only got Super Mario Sunshine (which, by the way, is a great game indeed) instead of the precious Smash-game I so eagerly wanted.
So I got SSBM for Christmas and I was amazed! It had everything I ever wanted: my favourite characters (I was a Nintendo-fanboy back then :3), perfect gameplay, innovative battle-system and much more.
Via the Internet, I realized that this game had some competetive aspects. I was a member at the same forum as Armada and Calle W and when I saw their matches, I was truly inspired by the fast-paced gameplay that I never thought was possible.
After learning all the basic advanced techniques, the game got even better! It had never been so fun playing smash with my friends and I could spend days watching great matches on Youtube.
SSB64 was a fun game indeed. Some childhood friends and I spent many nights playing that game, sometimes all the way till morning! Great memories.

Haha, who isn't a Nintendo fanboy ;D, great company!

Ove said:
Naturally, I hyped Brawl from day one. The smash-games were still some of my favourite games ever. Sadly, Brawl was not what I had expected. But I do think Brawl is a fun game you can pick up when you are a couple of friends who just want to play for fun and I have spent many many hours with this game as well.
Today, I think SSB64 is the best game in the series, probably due to nosalgia. It is a genious game with the best stages ever made and a flawless gameplay. Melee is nearly as great as its prequel and Brawl is just a fun game. Overall I think all three games are terrific.
I don't play as much as before but when I am spending my time at the computer, you find me most likely at youtube watching some smash videos (Isai and Armada matches are inspiring). When I do play, however, I stick with a calm style, reading my opponent and gimp a lot because it's funny ;) My mains differ from game to game: Fox and Captain Falcon in SSB64 and Melee and King Dedede and Captain Falcon in Brawl. However, I play well with all characters.
I joined smashboards to discuss three of my favourite games of all time. I am not seeking people to play with, I don't play competetive and probably will never do. I also want to improve my English :)
Your english is great :p, I didn't notice you were a learner until you said something. It was a fun story to read, awesome to see you appreciate all the games, especially going back to the N64 days. Nostalgia I think is a main factor when it comes to appreciating older titles of games, I don't think it means you don't actually like it the best though, almost all of the N64 titles were fantastic!

You'll be able to find a lot of different discussions about hundreds of different topics. Whether it be about Smash, other games, real life, music, forum games, etc. etc. It is really easy to jump right in as well, the community here is great. :)

Some links you will probably be interested in judging from your story:

Europe discussion

You can use that board to chat with others in your location, or if you ever change your mind, you'll be able to find friendlies (matches), or if you also change your mind about competitive Smash, it'll be there as well. :)

Smash 64 discussion

- - Smash 64 - Fox

- - Smash 64 - C. Falcon

Smash Melee discussion

- - Smash Melee - Fox

- - Smash Melee - C. Falcon

- - - Melee Tourney Videos

Smash Brawl discussion

- - Smash Brawl - King Dedede

- - Smash Brawl - C. Falcon

Ove said:
Sorry for the long story, guys. When I start writing, I have a hard time finishing what I am writing...
Don't even worry about it, lols. It happens to me as well :p
Welcome to the boards!

Herro...I basically used to play brawl a ton, but stopped, and suddenly had an urge to start playing again. This is a really old account, and I have a really weird username O_o

In other news, my little brother deleted the wii's memory a few days ago, so my wifi friend list is empty, I'll have to use evil tricks to get it filled up again...hee hee!

W3X-Glake

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I'm W3X_Glake! The W3X stands for World 3-X aka World 3 Online, it's basically my underdevelopent online organization for competitive gaming and such.

Brawl is the game that has brought me into competitive gaming and most of the games that I play today. I come here for strictly meeting new people and hosting monthly online prize based Smash Tournaments to help the community. Had my first one today, wasn't that great though I have many things I will improve next month.

Anyway, you know where you can find me. Don't be afraid to say hi.

Peace!

Mr. 0

Smash Rookie
Greetings everyone, I am Mr.0. You may call me by that or Sir Crocodile. Where should I start...? Well, I'm an 18 year old Canadian boy who joined this forum out of a necessity. Nobody's ever on Brawl on random Wi-Fi so I figured that by joining up, I'd be able to meet some new friends and brawl! I'd be interested in learning more about the competitive scene so I can become more skilled and know how to really play the game. I can hold my own in Brawl but I am by no means amazing. I also play Mario Kart Wii quite regularly, so anyone who has it should feel free to add me, heh! I love Pokemon but currently do not have B/W, so I suggest you don't ask.

Gatlin

Herro...I basically used to play brawl a ton, but stopped, and suddenly had an urge to start playing again. This is a really old account, and I have a really weird username O_o

In other news, my little brother deleted the wii's memory a few days ago, so my wifi friend list is empty, I'll have to use evil tricks to get it filled up again...hee hee!
Well then welcome back :) I am sure you know most of where things are located and such on this site. If not, you could hit up the Smashboards Arena to find a couple friendlies, as well as possibly meet some new friends! Good luck with finding new Brawl-friends :D

Hey guys I'm W3X_Glake! The W3X stands for World 3-X aka World 3 Online, it's basically my underdevelopent online organization for competitive gaming and such.

Brawl is the game that has brought me into competitive gaming and most of the games that I play today. I come here for strictly meeting new people and hosting monthly online prize based Smash Tournaments to help the community. Had my first one today, wasn't that great though I have many things I will improve next month.

Anyway, you know where you can find me. Don't be afraid to say hi.

Peace!
Hiya W3X! Welcome to the boards!

Brawl is a fun game to get into, whether it be casual or competitive. You'll be able to meet a lot of cool people on this site, even some local to your location. There are quite frequently people looking for matches to play, you'll be able to find them in the Smashboards Arena. Or if you are looking for more of a local challenge, you'll be able to find people in your Regional Zone.

I was going to tell you where to host online tournaments, but it seems you have already found it! Good :D

Hi!

Greetings everyone, I am Mr.0. You may call me by that or Sir Crocodile. Where should I start...? Well, I'm an 18 year old Canadian boy who joined this forum out of a necessity. Nobody's ever on Brawl on random Wi-Fi so I figured that by joining up, I'd be able to meet some new friends and brawl! I'd be interested in learning more about the competitive scene so I can become more skilled and know how to really play the game. I can hold my own in Brawl but I am by no means amazing. I also play Mario Kart Wii quite regularly, so anyone who has it should feel free to add me, heh! I love Pokemon but currently do not have B/W, so I suggest you don't ask.
Heya Mr.0, welcome :p

Canada, eh? You'll find lots of other Canadians here! You'll be able to discuss tournaments and meet with others in your area.

As I've told the others, Smashboards Arena is a good way to find people to play with, it's all in good fun so don't hesitate to ask :).

You'll be able to discuss anything Brawl-competitive related here or you can watch lots of videos from regular players or tourney goers here!

Mario Kart! Love that game. Too bad though, a group in the Mario Universe section just hosted a Mario Kart friendly-tournament. It appears that they are going to be hosting another one in about a week or so, so you are in luck :)

You can read about Mario Kart in general here or the tournament here

Lots of friend-codes dying to be added

Pokemon B/W, do you own it?? Jk :p
Discuss anything Pokemon-related hereee.

La, hope to see ya'll on the forums!

SangueMoon

Smash Rookie
Hello, my name is Nicole and yes, I love Brawl (amongst other things). No, I do not play online (not any more) but I just wanted to join and get back into it. I just want to chat with people about the subject and general gaming. I do attend school for game design and have been for a while. I just need to complete school but I might got back to train more into an actual career (it is hard to get into the gaming industry). Anyway, I hope to meet new people and see you around. :)

OtherworldDream

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new here. I'm good friends with Renth who is at my house playing Xbox. I'm learning how to play SSBM. I'm bad :) Don't even have a main. Can't even wavedash fluidly. But I'm trying, and that's why I'm here :bee:

Gatlin

Hello, my name is Nicole and yes, I love Brawl (amongst other things). No, I do not play online (not any more) but I just wanted to join and get back into it. I just want to chat with people about the subject and general gaming. I do attend school for game design and have been for a while. I just need to complete school but I might got back to train more into an actual career (it is hard to get into the gaming industry). Anyway, I hope to meet new people and see you around. :)
Heya Nicole, welcome to Smashboards :)

Online isn't that great anyways :p

Lots of cool people to chat with here, virtually any topic (within reason) has a location on the boards. You'll be able to talk anything Brawl related in the General Brawl section. I see you main Lucario, fun character :), you'll be able to discuss anything Lucario-related in the Lucario section. Anything from matchups to tactics to simply meeting other Lucario-mains, yada yada yada :p

General gaming would be located at the General Gaming section. The Light House will be your main source for game-talk, and any game in the history of the galaxy is able to be discussed here. However, franchises such as Legend of Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon have their own sections respectively. :)

Good luck on the boards, and good luck on your schooling especially!

Hi, I'm new here. I'm good friends with Renth who is at my house playing Xbox. I'm learning how to play SSBM. I'm bad :) Don't even have a main. Can't even wavedash fluidly. But I'm trying, and that's why I'm here :bee:
Hiya OtherworldDream, welcome ;D

SSBM is a tough, but fun game to master, everyone has to start somewhere :p.

If you are looking for a main, I would suggest simply ignoring tier-ranks and the characters people deem as the best for now. Simply experiment with many different characters, try and find the one you have fun on. The more you have fun on a character, the more you will be willing to get better with that character, and it will make it easier on yourself! There's no fun in playing a character you don't like ;).

Good luck and have fun with the game, you'll get the hang of it soon :D

If you wish to talk anything Melee-related, you will be able to do so here as well as talk about specific characters here

Hope to see you guys on the boards :088:!

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Um, hello. I'm newcomer to this forum.

I was a Brawl player, but recently was converted to Melee. Either way though, I just love Smash in general.

Recently, I played at a friend's house with Melee, and even with all the new tech skills I learned, I still nearly got owned by a guy who hadn't played in over a year (spammed rolls D:). But, I'm not discouraged, and this just tells me that there is still so much for me to work/practice on. And that's the main reason why I want to get involved in these forums--I want to get better!

That said, nice to meet you all!

T.J.

Smash Apprentice
Yo, I'm T.J.

I been prettymuch obsessed with smash for almost a year now (melee and brawl). No car or anything to go to tournys so I just do crazy **** against bots =/. I kinda just jump around from main to main... Faves probably being Shiek and Peach for melee, and G&W, Fox, and Pikachu for brawl.

I been lurking these forums for a longish time now, figure I should post or something. so yeah =) sup.

-Lee-

Smash Rookie
Hello there everyone, I'm new in the forum, and i would lke to join it ^^, i'm Lee, i'm from costa rica(we do play a lot of ssbm and ssbb here :p) we do tourneys and crew battles here its pretty funny and some of us play online so add me if you wanna play hehe.

I've been gaming since 2001 with Nintendo consoles, . There's a lot of things I love about the console.

Thank you for all :p

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
hello T.J. And Lee! Welcome to Smashboards!

@TJ - Sheik is fun in melee ^_^ I play her too. Hope you keep enjoying smash and find SWF to be a great place to be!
@Lee - In this subforum we have a thread called the Smashboards Arena where people are always looking to play someone online! Head over there and ask for a match and you're sure to get one! :3c

Hercules

Smash Rookie
'ello

Hey guys, I'm Hercules but you're welcome to call me Ricky.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (the north side, by Fairfield/Vacaville) and I've been playing smash for as long as I can remember (I'm 17 so SSB64 is kinda hard to remember), but ever since Melee came out, I've been hooked. I had an account here at smashboards a while back when the Melee scene was thriving and everyone was excited for Brawl (lol) but I forgot all my info and sorta wanted to start over again. I main Ganondorf, though I feel myself moving away from him a little; I play a little Doc and I'm experimenting with Falco and Roy (sort of just to see how good of a Marth I'll be). I would say I'm a moderate-low level player: I'm almost the best smasher I know but I don't really play outside of a mostly beginner circle. I'm glad to see a recent surge in Melee activity, I hope I can jump in on the hype.

I came to smashboards to expand my Melee horizons (sorry Brawl) and to hopefully better my game and have some fun in the meantime. I look forward to meeting other smashers and.. well, having a smashing good time.

tl;dr:

I wanna be the very best like no one ever was.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm Mr.Jackpot and I'm pretty new to the smash scene. I'm been playing smash non-competitively for about four years and I've started competitively for about four months. I became aware of the competitive scene through discovering Brawl+ (though a while after it died XD). I main Marth in Melee, and I'm currently experimenting with Falcon and Roy.

I live in Washington state, and I haven't had a real training partner, mainly because I'm only 13, and my parents aren't going to trust me an hour drive away o somewhere they've never been to play video games with people I met with online :c

I also play some B- and PM, but only with scrubs, and I'm always amused with the "WTF" reaction the first time someone picks up B- XD

I came to Smashboards because I didn't really want to lurk anymore, and also because I was surprised how great of a Melee community still existed.

Hello, and nice to meet you all:)

church1138

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody, I'm Will, also known over the Internet as Church, copying my favorite Red vs. Blue character, XD. I've been playing Smash Bros. since the early '64 version came out. While not an MLG level competitive player, the gatherings and LOLZ between friends and I have made for many a fun evening. I love all iterations of Smash, and have been looking to establish some contacts in the area that are interested in the hobby as well.

I live over in the Raleigh, NC area, so if there's any fellow Smashers out there, hit me up! I'd like to get a wider ring of players in the area to get some local sessions going, just chilling, you know? Glad to be here!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
tl;dr:

I wanna be the very best like no one ever was.
lol

Welcome back n_n.
Hey guys, I'm Mr.Jackpot and I'm pretty new to the smash scene. I'm been playing smash non-competitively for about four years and I've started competitively for about four months. I became aware of the competitive scene through discovering Brawl+ (though a while after it died XD). I main Marth in Melee, and I'm currently experimenting with Falcon and Roy.

I live in Washington state, and I haven't had a real training partner, mainly because I'm only 13, and my parents aren't going to trust me an hour drive away o somewhere they've never been to play video games with people I met with online :c

I also play some B- and PM, but only with scrubs, and I'm always amused with the "WTF" reaction the first time someone picks up B- XD

I came to Smashboards because I didn't really want to lurk anymore, and also because I was surprised how great of a Melee community still existed.

Hello, and nice to meet you all:)
Hi, I'm Zen. Nice to meet you as well. If you ever need help or have any questions with the site don't hesistate to PM me or ask in the Q&A thread here in the information center.
Hey everybody, I'm Will, also known over the Internet as Church, copying my favorite Red vs. Blue character, XD. I've been playing Smash Bros. since the early '64 version came out. While not an MLG level competitive player, the gatherings and LOLZ between friends and I have made for many a fun evening. I love all iterations of Smash, and have been looking to establish some contacts in the area that are interested in the hobby as well.

I live over in the Raleigh, NC area, so if there's any fellow Smashers out there, hit me up! I'd like to get a wider ring of players in the area to get some local sessions going, just chilling, you know? Glad to be here!
Hi, Church. Welcome to the boards. The best place to start looking for players in your area is here in the NC Social thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234213

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Hola, como estas. :)

You can clearly tell I'm not new, but I have been inactive for........ A damn long time. I was curious to see how things are around here these days, thought I'd re-introduce myself.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hola, como estas. :)

You can clearly tell I'm not new, but I have been inactive for........ A damn long time. I was curious to see how things are around here these days, thought I'd re-introduce myself.
Bienvenido de nuevo.

If you ever have any questions regarding changes that have been made since you have been gone, just let me know n_n.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Bienvenido de nuevo.

If you ever have any questions regarding changes that have been made since you have been gone, just let me know n_n.
Well it's changed aesthetically a ton. I hardly recognized it when I first came on. The new skin looks great though, very classy.

SilentDrumr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Silentdrumr
Hey everyone! My name is Mario and my tag is SilentDrumr. I've been playing smash since ssb64 and now currently only play brawl. I've been playing brawl for about 2 years(non-competitively) and here recently I attended WHOBO 3. It was too much fun to pass up so I decided to register on here to really start my future in brawl tournament play.

I've seen what this site has to offer and it is simply amazing! Really loving it. I've tried out the mentors program and it has so far been extremely helpful.

I'm from Houston, Tx, and I'd really like to find dedicated players. From what I could tell, Houston is REALLY big on Brawl. So I'm pretty excited about it.

I guess my only question would be, what should I do now? o_0

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Hi, I'm new here

Hi guys, I'm Yoshi8984. I came on here because my friend from another forum was talking about this and I wanted to see what this forum was like. My name is Timmy, I'm 13 years old and I'm Chinese and Cambodian. I looove playing brawl, regardless if I win or lose. My main characters are Yoshi, Lucas, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer(mostly Squirtle and Ivysaur) and Toon Link

Moritaka

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm new here, I live in Chile, 15 years old, and my mains are Wolf, Kirby, Olimar, Yoshi, Luigi and Lucario. I play Brawl everyday, so I'm very active and you can challenge me anytime.

Gatlin

Hey everyone! My name is Mario and my tag is SilentDrumr. I've been playing smash since ssb64 and now currently only play brawl. I've been playing brawl for about 2 years(non-competitively) and here recently I attended WHOBO 3. It was too much fun to pass up so I decided to register on here to really start my future in brawl tournament play.

I've seen what this site has to offer and it is simply amazing! Really loving it. I've tried out the mentors program and it has so far been extremely helpful.

I'm from Houston, Tx, and I'd really like to find dedicated players. From what I could tell, Houston is REALLY big on Brawl. So I'm pretty excited about it.
Hiya :bee:

Cool to see you are wanting to expand to the competitive scene of Brawl, and awesome that you have found the mentoring program. Lots of potential to learn fun new stuffs there!

You will be able to find tons of local players all over Texas in your Regional Zone. Discuss anything from tournaments, to simply meeting others in your area, don't be shy to say "Hi!" ;D

I guess my only question would be, what should I do now? o_0
Go around the various other sections on the boards, introduce yourself to other Houston'ers, get involved, have fun, yadda yadda, we don't bite... at least I don't ;D

Hi guys, I'm Yoshi8984. I came on here because my friend from another forum was talking about this and I wanted to see what this forum was like. My name is Timmy, I'm 13 years old and I'm Chinese and Cambodian. I looove playing brawl, regardless if I win or lose. My main characters are Yoshi, Lucas, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer(mostly Squirtle and Ivysaur) and Toon Link
Sup Timmy.
Hey, that's how I found this site as well, whatever works, but good choice in joining! :D

Glad to see you like Brawl! Tis a fun game ;D Awesome to see you aren't a sore loser, that makes playing very stressful and not fun, which is... never good ;P

Tons of character mains, awesome ;D You'll be able to discuss them as well as meet other people who main those characters in their respected sections:

Yoshi :yoshi2:
Lucas :lucas:
Kirby :kirby2:
Icies :popo:
Pkmn Trainer :pt:
Toon Link :toonlink:

fun fun fun fun

Hey, I'm new here, I live in Chile, 15 years old, and my mains are Wolf, Kirby, Olimar, Yoshi, Luigi and Lucario. I play Brawl everyday, so I'm very active and you can challenge me anytime.
Hiya Moritaka

Straight to the point, already accepting challenges, I like that, lols, good stuff. Very nice main-selections, all fun characters. You will be able to discuss them in their sections:

Wolf :wolf:
Kirby :kirby2:
Olimar :olimar:
Yoshi :yoshi2:
Luigi :luigi2:
Lucario :lucario:

If you are looking for some friendlies, be sure to check out the Smashboards Arena or the Brawl wifi finder.

Also be sure to introduce yourself in the Central and South America zone ;D

have fun guys, see ya around the boards :088:

MessengerOfDreams

Smash Rookie
MoD has entered the field

Hello, all! I'm MessengerOfDreams, and I am not a pro. :D

Yeah, you heard me. I'm more of a casual strategist and artist, not a hardcore wavedasher. I spend more time writing fanfictions than actually playing the game. Tier Lists, Legal Stages and canon thoughts don't meant that much to me. I do enjoy the game immensely and think it among the best. I own Melee, used to own 64, and occasionally play Brawl.

Before I go further, I'm going to say this: I don't really know video games that much. I play a good amount of Mario but I'm not that experienced in Nintendo, although I'm working on it. Therefore, I don't know much about the characters but I try. :D

Speaking of characters, I may as well state some facts about me and the game.

My favorite characters-

:yoshi: This guy's my idea of a Nintendo hero. Yoshi's Island (SMW2) is my favorite Mario-related game. Mario's always been cool, but without the Yoshi clan's heroics, we'd have no Mario. I think it's really cool that it didn't seem like the Yoshis knew much about the whole Kamek kidnapping Luigi and the fate of the world and all, they just saw an abandoned baby and helped him out despite the trials they faced. Heroic as can be.

Also fun to use in SSB series. He's my beginner character in Brawl as I get adjusted to Wii controls and actually win a couple times versus more experienced friends. In Melee he's my main and he's easy to use for the most part, his attacks are fun (egg rolling through the F-Zero race in Adventure anyone?) His smashes are good, he jumps high and he can get a ghetto 3rd jump by air dodging up (as I'm sure you all know.) Overall, this dude wins the Nintendo for me.

:falco: I've never played Star Fox- oh crap tomatoes *dodges* but as the sort of storytelling artist I am I like the sort of bada** swagger this dude has. Call me what you will but his moves are kinda graceful- oh crap more tomatoes. *dodges again*

Which is why I like using him, really. He's a tricky Sonamagun to use, but once you get adjusted he makes you feel uber epic for fighting as him.

:bowser: Bowser's always been a cool villain and a childhood staple (as the boss I can never reach or beat cause I always sucked at my games XD) And he's fun to play as. Slow as a snail stuck in Molasses but it's a feeling of success when you pull off a smash and they go flying easy. XD

And now for stages!

My favorite-Venom. Yeah, it's an odd choice, but the layout provides a challenge but is fun to me, and the stage is damn gorgeous. Seriously. It's amazing to fly through. Sometime when I get a second and third controller I'm just gonna get two people on Venom and take some snapshots. Plus the music is also cinematic.

Rainbow Cruise. I find this stage so much fun. It's a moving stage that doesn't annoy me plus it also looks great. It's challenging at some parts but not , such nostalgia.

Pokemon Stadium-This. Is where it's at. It gives you a feeling that you're performing for a crowd as you fight epically. As an active fanfiction member and author, this helps me think a lot. Plus the stage changing is uber cool but not annoying.

So yeah, those are the basics about me.

One last question. I read in the rules about points and 7 days and stuff for rulebreaking. I might have missed something but does that mean for every little rule you break you get a ban? If that's so, pleeeeease let me know so I don't mess up and get a ban. XD

Best regards to you all!

MoD

senato

Smash Rookie
[Sorry for my English, I'm French ^^"]

Hello
[ IG] I'm Senato, or Sena for those who know me. I play exclusively in ssbb and those since soon 1 year. My main is Falco and my second Snake, even having little near the same level. I have no very good level, well, the pleasure to play at first.
[ IRL] In real life, I am 16 years old and I lives in Paris .. I am someone nice (according to my friends) and I like very much laughing. My passions are mangas (Naruto, Bleach, Eyeshield21, Kekkaishi, One piece, Codes Geass, Death Note, Negima, Gintama, Yakitate Japan! In brief there is height), the video games, the PARTIESS!!! and my friends . I am also a graphic designer in my time lost.

I joined here to be able to improve my Falco so that I become one of the best players FR, and I think that it is by joining me into this community that I shall arrive there, and especially in student Falco totally.

Ps: do not hesitate to correct my spelling mistakes, that will allow me to become better in English p.

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom