• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
My names FoxoF, I love to use Fox :D

Hope to go to some tournaments soon!

Nesu

Smash Rookie
Well, hi..I'll just keep it short and say that I'm a Ness mainer, if you can't tell. I've always been having interest in playing in tournies, but I haven't participated in any yet. I'm pretty darn modest too..

SMewtwo

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone. I'm SMewtwo. The s in my name stands for Sliding.

My Melee mains were Falco (shffdl), Yoshi (djc), Mewtwo (djc), Bowser, Ice Climbers (de sync, wavedash) and Samus (mastered the super wavedash). My Brawl mains are mostly the same, except with the addition of Meta Knight.

Yoshi was my starter character, and my first favorite character.
Mewtwo is my second favorite character.
I played as Samus mainly because of the super wavedash, but also because she's a good fighter.
I play as Bowser for obvious reasons. The world looks down on him but I saw a lot of potential.
I chose Falco as my primary main simply because of his laser hops and manageable speed (I found Fox too fast to short hop with in Melee).
Ice Climbers should be self-explanatory.
Finally, Meta Knight, for his N-air, good speed, and infinite cape glitch. I don't rely on his tornado move.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Hello, my name is Looocas.
My nickname is Takeshi. :D

As you can see by the looks of my name, I'm am a Lucas mainer. (duh!)
But, if you meet a Claus Lucas beating the crap out of a high tier character... that is me. >:3
That pretty much explains how good I am, eh eh? XD;

I looooove <3 Resident Evil, EarthBound, Tekken, Ape Escape, Mega Man, anime, being random, Animal Crossing, manga, going crazy!, helping friends and people, my brand new 3DS <3, and nature.

I also play MMO like Lost Saga, and Mabinogi. Those only!
My Mabinogi IGN is Lucaskun at the Tarlach server and my IGN in Lost Saga is iPico, but I tending to change my name soon to Lucaskun as well, so add me quick!

And that's preettty much it about me!

Hope me and you become real great friends! <3

*although... I'm not new well a 08'er but I felt like posting a Meet and greet post THAT'S ALL!*

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Hello, all! I'm MessengerOfDreams, and I am not a pro. :D
Hiya! Me neither ;D

MessengerOfDreams[/quote said:
Yeah, you heard me. I'm more of a casual strategist and artist, not a hardcore wavedasher. I spend more time writing fanfictions than actually playing the game. Tier Lists, Legal Stages and canon thoughts don't meant that much to me. I do enjoy the game immensely and think it among the best. I own Melee, used to own 64, and occasionally play Brawl.

Before I go further, I'm going to say this: I don't really know video games that much. I play a good amount of Mario but I'm not that experienced in Nintendo, although I'm working on it. Therefore, I don't know much about the characters but I try. :D
Nothing wrong with that :), I'm for sure not all hardcore-gamer either, definitely a casual. If you want, you could check out sections such as The Lighthouse, which is where you will find your general game-talk, ranging from literally any game on any system. Or we have separate sections for more popular titles such as Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Mario. The communities are nice and welcoming, so don't be afraid to jump in discussion.

Seeing as you play Brawl and Melee, you should also check out their sections:
General Brawl
General Melee

MessengerOfDreams said:
Speaking of characters, I may as well state some facts about me and the game.

My favorite characters-

:yoshi: This guy's my idea of a Nintendo hero. Yoshi's Island (SMW2) is my favorite Mario-related game. Mario's always been cool, but without the Yoshi clan's heroics, we'd have no Mario. I think it's really cool that it didn't seem like the Yoshis knew much about the whole Kamek kidnapping Luigi and the fate of the world and all, they just saw an abandoned baby and helped him out despite the trials they faced. Heroic as can be.

Also fun to use in SSB series. He's my beginner character in Brawl as I get adjusted to Wii controls and actually win a couple times versus more experienced friends. In Melee he's my main and he's easy to use for the most part, his attacks are fun (egg rolling through the F-Zero race in Adventure anyone?) His smashes are good, he jumps high and he can get a ghetto 3rd jump by air dodging up (as I'm sure you all know.) Overall, this dude wins the Nintendo for me.
Yoshi is a cool character! I used to play as him all the time when I first started playing SSB64. He was definitely my favorite Nintendo character when I first got introduced, so I definitely know where you are coming from. Good choice in main :)

You will be able to discuss anything Yoshi-related as well as meet other mains in the Yoshi - Melee and Yoshi - Brawl sections.

MessengerOfDreams said:
:falco: I've never played Star Fox- oh crap tomatoes *dodges* but as the sort of storytelling artist I am I like the sort of bada** swagger this dude has. Call me what you will but his moves are kinda graceful- oh crap more tomatoes. *dodges again*

Which is why I like using him, really. He's a tricky Sonamagun to use, but once you get adjusted he makes you feel uber epic for fighting as him.
Never played Starfox eh? :tomato: :tomato:
Haha just kidding. You should definitely try playing it sometime though, it is for sure my favorite game on the N64 next to Ocarina of Time. It is also the reason I main Fox, so :awesome:

Falco - Melee
Falco - Brawl

MessengerOfDreams said:
:bowser: Bowser's always been a cool villain and a childhood staple (as the boss I can never reach or beat cause I always sucked at my games XD) And he's fun to play as. Slow as a snail stuck in Molasses but it's a feeling of success when you pull off a smash and they go flying easy. XD
Agreed :bee:
Bowser is usually a fairly underrated character in most games he stars in, but he has a lot of power behind him. I've never really been good at the Mario games, so I haven't beat him in anything other than Super Mario 64, lols.

Bowser - Melee
Bowser - Brawl

MessengerOfDreams said:
And now for stages!

My favorite-Venom. Yeah, it's an odd choice, but the layout provides a challenge but is fun to me, and the stage is damn gorgeous. Seriously. It's amazing to fly through. Sometime when I get a second and third controller I'm just gonna get two people on Venom and take some snapshots. Plus the music is also cinematic.

Rainbow Cruise. I find this stage so much fun. It's a moving stage that doesn't annoy me plus it also looks great. It's challenging at some parts but not , such nostalgia.

Pokemon Stadium-This. Is where it's at. It gives you a feeling that you're performing for a crowd as you fight epically. As an active fanfiction member and author, this helps me think a lot. Plus the stage changing is uber cool but not annoying.
Good choices
Nice to see you mention a Starfox stage, I take back those tomatoes I threw at you :awesome:. Rainbow Cruise is cool, I am not a huge fan of the moving stages, but it is still fun :p. Pokemon Stadium is also a really popular, and good choice.

MessengerOfDreams said:
So yeah, those are the basics about me.

One last question. I read in the rules about points and 7 days and stuff for rulebreaking. I might have missed something but does that mean for every little rule you break you get a ban? If that's so, pleeeeease let me know so I don't mess up and get a ban. XD

Best regards to you all!

MoD
Different rulebreakings have different point-values, depending on the severity of the rule you break. If you reach 6 or more points, you will be unable to post until enough points expire for you to be under 6 again. All points expire unless noted otherwise (permanent points, etc), but if you are a good and smart poster, you won't have to worry about those ;)

[Sorry for my English, I'm French ^^"]
No problem at all, from the looks of it, you're English is fine :)

senato]Hello [ IG] I'm Senato said:
Hey Senato, welcome to the boards!

Nice to see you play some Brawl! You should jump in some of the discussions in Brawl General. The community is nice, so no hesitation to post :)

Good main-choices! You'll be able to meet other mains of those characters, as well as discuss literally anything about them in the Falco and Snake - Brawl sections.[/COLOR]

senato said:
[ IRL] In real life, I am 16 years old and I lives in Paris .. I am someone nice (according to my friends) and I like very much laughing. My passions are mangas (Naruto, Bleach, Eyeshield21, Kekkaishi, One piece, Codes Geass, Death Note, Negima, Gintama, Yakitate Japan! In brief there is height), the video games, the PARTIESS!!! and my friends . I am also a graphic designer in my time lost.
Paris, eh? Cool cool :), you should check out the Europe regional zone section, then. Introduce yourself, meet other locals, find tournaments in your area, yadda yadda. Someone who is nice and laughs a lot is a good thing! Nice to see you have a good sense of humor :bee:

Anime fan? Very cool, there is a lot of anime-discussion going on all the time in the Media Metropolis section. Looking at the front page alone, I see Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach threads already active, so have fun there :cool:

senato said:
I joined here to be able to improve my Falco so that I become one of the best players FR, and I think that it is by joining me into this community that I shall arrive there, and especially in student Falco totally.
Good luck with your goal! If you want a little help with learning tactics and such, you should apply to be a mentor in the Mentoring Program going on.

senato said:
Ps: do not hesitate to correct my spelling mistakes, that will allow me to become better in English p.

Thanks! :)
Very few mistakes at all, good stuff :)

Sup guys. I'm new.

I play falco/sheik in melee.
Well hi there! :bee:

Lots of Falco mains recently, haha. Good stuff.

You'll be able to meet other Falco's and discuss in Falco - Melee and meet other Sheik's and discuss in Sheik - Melee

Good luck :)

My names FoxoF, I love to use Fox :D

Hope to go to some tournaments soon!
Hey there! :D
Yay! I love Fox, good stuff. :)

I recommend finding your Regional Zone and seeing if there are any local tournaments going on in your location, as well as meeting other people close-by.

Good luck with the tourneys :bee:

I host let me know if you have an advice for hosting
Hi there :)

You can go ahead and try listing a tournament in the Tournament Listings section, but I would recommend meeting the people in your Regional Zone

Well, hi..I'll just keep it short and say that I'm a Ness mainer, if you can't tell. I've always been having interest in playing in tournies, but I haven't participated in any yet. I'm pretty darn modest too..
Hiya ;D

Ness is a cool character, you'll be able to discuss him in Ness - Brawl, but I see you have already figured that out, nice :)

Make sure to check out your Regional Zone, meet and greet, and find some tournament hosts in your area. There should always be tournaments going on, so have fun :)

Hi everyone. I'm SMewtwo. The s in my name stands for Sliding.
Hi there SMewtwo, welcome to the boards :)

SMewtwo said:
My Melee mains were Falco, Yoshi, Mewtwo, Bowser, and Samus (mastered the super wavedash). My Brawl mains are mostly the same, except with the addition of Meta Knight.

Yoshi was my starter character.
Mewtwo is my personal favorite character.
I played as Samus mainly because of the super wavedash, but also because she's a good fighter.
I play as Bowser for obvious reasons.
I chose Falco as my primary main simply because of his laser hops and manageable speed (I found Fox too fast to short hop with in melee).
Finally, Meta Knight, for his N-air, good speed, and infinite cape glitch. I rarely use his tornado move.
Fun choices :bee: lots of variety, too!

Gonna break it down for you haha, seeing as there is quite a bit there :awesome:, no worries though, lots of characters isn't a bad thing at all, just makes the game more fun.

Falco - Melee
Yoshi - Melee
Mewtwo
Bowser - Melee
Samus - Melee

and

Falco - Brawl
Yoshi - Brawl
Bowser - Brawl
Samus - Brawl
Meta Knight

Also be sure to check out the General Brawl and Melee discussions ;D

Have fun :awesome:

Hello, my name is Looocas.
My nickname is Takeshi. :D
Hiya Takeshi, welcome back to the boards :)

Looocas said:
As you can see by the looks of my name, I'm am a Lucas mainer. (duh!)
But, if you meet a Claus Lucas beating the crap out of a high tier character... that is me. >:3
That pretty much explains how good I am, eh eh? XD;
Lols, good stuff :bee:, I take it you are pretty good then, cool!

You probly know the basics around Smashboards, but if not you can check out the Lucas section, meet other Lucas's and such, yadda yadda, the works.

Looocas said:
I looooove <3 Resident Evil, EarthBound, Tekken, Ape Escape, Mega Man, anime, being random, Animal Crossing, manga, going crazy!, helping friends and people, my brand new 3DS <3, and nature.
Awesome! I just got a 3DS too, it is very awesome :awesome:

Lots of video games, cool beans. You'll be able to discuss them in The Lighthouse as well as discuss anime and manga in Media Metropolis.

Nature is cool too ;D

Looocas]I also play MMO like Lost Saga said:
I haven't actually heard of Lost Saga before, but I have played Mabinogi. Does that mean you also have played Nexon's game Maplestory? I used to play that as well. Mabinogi was a little too much for me to get a grip on, but it was fun while I played it. If you like Nexon's games, you should also check out their new one, "Vindictus". Never got much into that one, but it is great from what I have heard. :)[/COLOR]

Looocas said:
And that's preettty much it about me!

Hope me and you become real great friends! <3
:bee: Welcome back, again. Have fun.

Hello my name is the rock and i like to play with snake and falco and i hope if i find somebody to play with me now...
Hiya The Rock, welcome to Smashboards :)

Snake and Falco are good mains, nice choices! Make sure to check out the Falco - Brawl and Snake - Brawl sections.

Smashboards Arena and Brawl Wifi-finder always have people looking for friendlies. Also, you should add your friend-code to the "About Me" section of your profile for convenience. Good luck, have fun :)

-

Whew that was a lot! But welcome all new members :bee::bee::b::bee:
Have fun, and don't be afraid to jump into the many discussions on here, the communities are nice and welcoming, so have fun :088:

Zerieth

Smash Rookie
Hey all I'm Zerieth, aka Zer in games. I'm a SSBB player who has only recently started to get anywhere with his moves. I'm still a lousy player (can't edge hog well, short hop, or do a lot of pro things) but I am improving every day. My latest additions to my movesets are Chain grabs and quick attack canceling. Can't chain grab a lot but I can usually throw into a thunder with seventy percent accuracy. My QAC'ing leaves something to be desired but it's almost mastered. I hope someone is up for mentoring me. =D

Gatlin

Hey all I'm Zerieth, aka Zer in games. I'm a SSBB player who has only recently started to get anywhere with his moves. I'm still a lousy player (can't edge hog well, short hop, or do a lot of pro things) but I am improving every day. My latest additions to my movesets are Chain grabs and quick attack canceling. Can't chain grab a lot but I can usually throw into a thunder with seventy percent accuracy. My QAC'ing leaves something to be desired but it's almost mastered. I hope someone is up for mentoring me. =D
Sup, welcome Zerieth. :bee:

Haha, no worries there, without a doubt you are better than me. :awesome: Just gotta take time to practice and such, and you'll be better in no time! Seeing as you are interested in mentoring, I recommend checking the Mentoring Program. Just say you are looking for a mentor, and it's that easy :), you should be all set in a short time.

Also I notice you main Dr. Mario and Pikachu, good stuff. You can check their forums here:
Pikachu :pikachu2: and Doctor Mario :drmario:

General Brawl
General Melee

Also be sure to get in contact with the peeps in your Regional Zone if you are interested in finding some local tourneys.

Have fun :pika:

Z.E.R.O.

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! I'm Z.E.R.O. Though I don't own them, I have played super smash bros brawl and the classic 64 version whenever I got the chance. I found out about this site through a user on youtube who was showcasing the game that was posted on this site. of all the smash bros that were made, i'm really impressed with crusades. if you need any help with obtaining sprite sheets or need any suggestions, I'll try my best.

sekushi

Smash Rookie
Hey there!

I'm Xeno, but you cal call me "sekushi" or anything similar. I like both Brawl and Melee, though, I haven't been playing it "competitively" for too long, only about two weeks. I won't say I'm good, but I'm not terrible! Anyways, I hope I have a great time here at SWF.

~PEACE

The 5th Power

Smash Rookie
Hello

My name is The 5th Power. It's nice to be a part of the community. Always up for a game of super smash brothers Brawl. Let me know if your up for a game.

zeldafan95

Smash Rookie
Sup bros. I'm zeldafan95, also known as Valzion. I wanted to be called Valzion, but it was late when I made this account so I wasn't thinking straight.

Anyways yeah. I main Link, as you can (hopefully) tell. I've been reading the Triforce of Courage guide for a while now, trying to get better with Link. I only have a Wiimote and Nunchuck, so it's kinda hard for me, as the guide is meant for Gamecube controllers (Wish I still had my old controller...D:).

I've been playing Smash Bros since the first one came out, but I've only recently gotten into competitive play.

So yeah, that's about all I need to tell about myself.

However, I do have a question. Can anyone point me to a direction that has the meanings of terms like 'Z-Air' and crap? Kinda confusing to read a guide that has all of these terms when you don't know what these terms mean.

SMewtwo

Smash Cadet
Hi there SMewtwo, welcome to the boards :)

Fun choices :bee: lots of variety, too!

Gonna break it down for you haha, seeing as there is quite a bit there :awesome:, no worries though, lots of characters isn't a bad thing at all, just makes the game more fun.

Falco - Melee
Yoshi - Melee
Mewtwo
Bowser - Melee
Samus - Melee

and

Falco - Brawl
Yoshi - Brawl
Bowser - Brawl
Samus - Brawl
Meta Knight

Also be sure to check out the General Brawl and Melee discussions ;D

Have fun :awesome:
Thanks for the welcome! I forgot to mention that I used Ice Climbers in Melee.

Oh yes, I think variety is a good thing. It could be considered cheap if people used only 1 character to win their battles. It would be neat if the character selection in SSE was implemented in Brawl. Then we could see rotation. Of course, this shouldn't be enabled in tournaments. But it would be nice for casual brawls.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, I'm J$. I'm actually not that new to the game. I was a casual player back when Melee was released and started playing competitively in 2009. I'm pretty competent in Melee and Brawl but I'd say I still have a long way to go. I have another account but I don't seem to know what's happened to it but I'm ready for a refreshing start anyway.

I live in New Zealand and unfortunately, the smash scene is dying here. :(

Right now, I am just casually playing Brawl and Melee with my friends. In Brawl, I'm notorious for "maining" everybody and just counter-picking my opponents, but I would probably be playing Marth or Snake the most in a tournament.

In Melee, I main Marth, and also play Fox and Sheik. I played a little bit of Smash 64 and main Captain Falcon - though I am pretty bad at that game. :laugh:

Other games I enjoy are MvC3, TvC, SF4, Mario Kart and the Pokemon series.

I hope to take this opportunity to meet new people and learn more about smash (which seems to never stop evolving). And yes mods, I will do my best to stay out of trouble! ;D

BlackHail

Smash Rookie
Yo. The name's BlackHail but you can call me Sapphy(short for Sapphire, my birhtstone) if you want. I'm a guy who plays Brawl a lot. I'm surely not pro. I actually joined this site a month or two ago but only posted a few times so I figured I might as well introduce myself. I hope to get better at Brawl and learn to play more. I live in NorCal. But I seem to never go to Smash tournaments. Just because people would think I'm too weak because I'm young. I'm currently planning to attend Genesis 2. I argue a lot... so don't get into an argument with me. lol XD

Um.... I'm mixed and I go to a Catholic school. I also own an Xbox and am getting a PS3 soon. I'm a mysterious person as in sometimes I just lurk around by myself but I also love my friends. I'm from 2 other Brawl websites so I'm surely not a noob to the game itself, just the competitive scene. I also love to watch anime and sometimes I read. When I get bored. Which is almost never. I'm lazy and laid-back. I formed a Brawl crew awhile back. We're all still learning but we're getting there.

In Brawl I have more than a few mains and cycle through them when I find better characters to use. Right now I main Wario, Wolf, Falco, Meta Knight, Ness, Snake, and Marth. I also have experience with using Toon Link and Game and Watch(mostly for teams). I hope to one day be one of the best brawlers of a young age. I would also like to learn Ice Climbers and Diddy Kong for match-ups that I might have problems with. I'm not against Meta Knight but I surely hate to play him. I don't really know how to do too many AT's and my DI fails right now but I'm still learning.

I played Melee awhile ago but got bored of how much you had to learn in the game. I knew quite a lot but that seems to have faded by how little I know now. I mained Ice Climbers, Marth, Falco, Sheik, Ganondorf, and Samus. But eventually the competitiveness got to me and now I only play casually. I play Mewtwo, Bowser, and Donkey Kong now. And I barely use any AT's.

I don't play Smash 64 a lot anymore but when I do I play Luigi and Fox.

I also play BlazBlue: CS, SSFIV, MVC3, and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. In BlazBlue, I play Noel, Lambda, and Hazama. In SSFIV, I play Rose, Sakura, Balrog, M.Bison, Chun Li, Dee Jay and Akuma. In MVC3, I play a team composed of Zero, Chun Li, and Iron Man. Sometimes I cycle in Dante, X-23, and Morrigan also. In UNS2, I main Sasuke, Itachi, Pain, Shikamaru, Hinata, and Gaara.

If you want to get to know me then just talk to me. I'm trying to make sure to come here a lot and have fun talking to others and learning more about one of my favorite games. I'm sure I missed something here that I should be saying so if there's any other questions just ask me. I'll make sure to answer

Gatlin

Hey everyone! I'm Z.E.R.O. Though I don't own them, I have played super smash bros brawl and the classic 64 version whenever I got the chance. I found out about this site through a user on youtube who was showcasing the game that was posted on this site. of all the smash bros that were made, i'm really impressed with crusades. if you need any help with obtaining sprite sheets or need any suggestions, I'll try my best.
Hey Z.E.R.O welcome :)

A lot of the side projects for the smash games are pretty impressive I agree. I am honestly not too knowledgeable about them, but you are free to jump into discussion in the Brawl Workshop General and it's various sub-sections.

I also see you main Link, cool :) You'll be able to meet other mains and such here: Brawl - Link

Also be sure to add your Brawl-code to the "About Me" section of your profile for convenience if you are ever wanting to Brawl with others :).

-

Hey there!

I'm Xeno, but you cal call me "sekushi" or anything similar. I like both Brawl and Melee, though, I haven't been playing it "competitively" for too long, only about two weeks. I won't say I'm good, but I'm not terrible! Anyways, I hope I have a great time here at SWF.

~PEACE
Heya! :bee:

Welcome sekushi. Nice to see you are into the competitive aspect of the smash games. Don't think we have a section for Disneyland :awesome:, but make sure to introduce yourself in your Regional Zone. You will also be able to see if there are any local tournaments going on in your area for both Brawl and Melee.

also be sure to check out the Brawl - Marth and Melee - C. Falcon sections :)

I hope you have a great time too, I'm sure you will, the community is nice for the most part!

Peace :bee:

-

My name is The 5th Power. It's nice to be a part of the community. Always up for a game of super smash brothers Brawl. Let me know if your up for a game.
Hi there :p

If you are looking for some friendlies, the Smashboards Arena and Brawl Wifi-finder always have people looking for friendlies. Also, you should add your friend-code to the "About Me" section of your profile for convenience. You'll also be able to add your mains and such as well!

Good luck, have fun :)

-

Sup bros. I'm zeldafan95, also known as Valzion. I wanted to be called Valzion, but it was late when I made this account so I wasn't thinking straight.

Anyways yeah. I main Link, as you can (hopefully) tell. I've been reading the Triforce of Courage guide for a while now, trying to get better with Link. I only have a Wiimote and Nunchuck, so it's kinda hard for me, as the guide is meant for Gamecube controllers (Wish I still had my old controller...D:).

I've been playing Smash Bros since the first one came out, but I've only recently gotten into competitive play.

So yeah, that's about all I need to tell about myself.

However, I do have a question. Can anyone point me to a direction that has the meanings of terms like 'Z-Air' and crap? Kinda confusing to read a guide that has all of these terms when you don't know what these terms mean.
Sup Valzion, welcome to Smashboards

Yup I can tell ;D Good stuff. Be sure to check out their sections here (Brawl - Link) and here (Melee - Young Link).

You can occasionally find Gamecube controllers and such at game stores such as Gamestop. That is where I found two of mine, but they are pretty hard to come by due to the demand for them. Good luck if you do go searching for one :)

Cool to see you are getting into competitive play, be sure to introduce yourself in your Regional Zone :) You'll be able to find tournaments easier and such.

This also helped me a bit when I first started playing, It isn't complete, I'm not sure if he's still working on it, but it does cover most of the basic terms and such. :)

-

Hi guys, I'm J$. I'm actually not that new to the game. I was a casual player back when Melee was released and started playing competitively in 2009. I'm pretty competent in Melee and Brawl but I'd say I still have a long way to go. I have another account but I don't seem to know what's happened to it but I'm ready for a refreshing start anyway.
Well, welcome back then :bee:

JMoney said:
I live in New Zealand and unfortunately, the smash scene is dying here. :(
Hopefully not! :p You should check out your Regional Zone and see if you can find some activity going on. Or maybe find other's to play with in your area.

JMoney said:
Right now, I am just casually playing Brawl and Melee with my friends. In Brawl, I'm notorious for "maining" everybody and just counter-picking my opponents, but I would probably be playing Marth or Snake the most in a tournament.
Brawl - Marth and Snake. These will be good for if you are interested in meeting other mains, discussing movesets, matchups, yadda yadda :)

JMoney said:
In Melee, I main Marth, and also play Fox and Sheik. I played a little bit of Smash 64 and main Captain Falcon - though I am pretty bad at that game. :laugh:
Melee - Marth, Fox, and Sheik, as well as N64 C. Falcon if you are interested :awesome:

Don't worry, I was never very good at the N64 Smash, hah. It is still a very fun relaxed game though.

JMoney said:
Other games I enjoy are MvC3, TvC, SF4, Mario Kart and the Pokemon series.
Mario Kart eh? :bee: Wii? Or just the series in general, because we do have a group who does frequent Mario Kart Wii friendlies and Wifi-tourneys. You will be able to find it here. Lots of fun, and a really good group. You should definitely sign up :) We are always looking for new players to join us. Make sure to add a [SWF] tag to your name if you do decide to join, it makes us look legit :awesome:

JMoney said:
I hope to take this opportunity to meet new people and learn more about smash (which seems to never stop evolving). And yes mods, I will do my best to stay out of trouble! ;D
Good :mad: otherwise I'll have to destroy you :hulk:

Just kidding :p The rules are pretty lax as long as you try to be a good poster. Enjoy your stay!

-

Yo. The name's BlackHail but you can call me Sapphy(short for Sapphire, my birhtstone) if you want.
Welcome to the boards Sapphy :)

BlackHail]I'm a guy who plays Brawl a lot. I'm surely not pro. I actually joined this site a month or two ago but only posted a few times so I figured I might as well introduce myself. I hope to get better at Brawl and learn to play more. I live in NorCal. But I seem to never go to Smash tournaments. Just because people would think I'm too weak because I'm young. I'm currently planning to attend Genesis 2. I argue a lot... so don't get into an argument with me. lol XD[/QUOTE] [COLOR="RoyalBlue said:
That's fine if you aren't up to the level you want to be, yet. I certainly am not, just takes time to practice, everyone has to start somewhere. Welcome back to the site, glad you decided to join back into the community :).

I don't go to Smash tourney's either, mainly because I would surely embarrass myself :awesome:. A friend of mine said that the communities are all there for good fun though, and if anything you can just get in some friendlies with other people. There's no need to think you need to be good to participate, and you don't need to be good at all to have fun. Starting young is a good thing! I started playing Brawl when I was 18, seeing people years younger than me out-match me completely. Just puts you at a head-start :).

You should introduce yourself to the people in your Regional Zone if you are interested in finding some more tournaments and such to go to, or simply wanting to find some people close-by to Smash with.[/COLOR]

BlackHail said:
Um.... I'm mixed and I go to a Catholic school. I also own an Xbox and am getting a PS3 soon. I'm a mysterious person as in sometimes I just lurk around by myself but I also love my friends. I'm from 2 other Brawl websites so I'm surely not a noob to the game itself, just the competitive scene. I also love to watch anime and sometimes I read. When I get bored. Which is almost never. I'm lazy and laid-back. I formed a Brawl crew awhile back. We're all still learning but we're getting there.
Lots of PS3 and Xbox talk always going on in the Light House, as well as talk about virtually anything else video-game related. Introvert? That's cool, I'm the same way :) Nothing to worry about. There is also a lot of anime, manga, music, book, etc. talk always going on in the Media Metropolis. Should be good for you :)

BlackHail said:
In Brawl I have more than a few mains and cycle through them when I find better characters to use. Right now I main Wario, Wolf, Falco, Meta Knight, Ness, Snake, and Marth. I also have experience with using Toon Link and Game and Watch(mostly for teams). I hope to one day be one of the best brawlers of a young age. I would also like to learn Ice Climbers and Diddy Kong for match-ups that I might have problems with. I'm not against Meta Knight but I surely hate to play him. I don't really know how to do too many AT's and my DI fails right now but I'm still learning.
All very good mains, especially like how you included Wolf :bee: You'll find their sections, as well as other mains, discussions, etc. here:

Wario :wario:
Wolf :wolf:
Falco :falco:
Meta Knight :metaknight:
Ness :ness2:
Snake :snake:
and
Marth :marth:

Also if you are interested in getting better with Toon Link or G&W, be sure to check out their sections here :toonlink: and here :gw:

and finally, Icies :popo: and Diddy Kong :diddy: are also available to ya :awesome:

Don't worry about getting better, just have fun doing so :) You'll be better before you know it.

Also, be sure to check out the General Brawl section for any discussion about the game and such.

BlackHail said:
I played Melee awhile ago but got bored of how much you had to learn in the game. I knew quite a lot but that seems to have faded by how little I know now. I mained Ice Climbers, Marth, Falco, Sheik, Ganondorf, and Samus. But eventually the competitiveness got to me and now I only play casually. I play Mewtwo, Bowser, and Donkey Kong now. And I barely use any AT's.
Nothing wrong with playing it casually :p, I play all my games casually for the most part, main concern in a game is having fun.

Mewtwo :mewtwo:, Bowser :bowser2:, and Donkey Kong :dk2: for ya :bee:

BlackHail said:
I don't play Smash 64 a lot anymore but when I do I play Luigi and Fox.
Smash 64 is fun, if you're interested you can discuss Fox and Luigi here :fox: and here :luigi2:.

BlackHail said:
I also play BlazBlue: CS, SSFIV, MVC3, and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. In BlazBlue, I play Noel, Lambda, and Hazama. In SSFIV, I play Rose, Sakura, Balrog, M.Bison, Chun Li, Dee Jay and Akuma. In MVC3, I play a team composed of Zero, Chun Li, and Iron Man. Sometimes I cycle in Dante, X-23, and Morrigan also. In UNS2, I main Sasuke, Itachi, Pain, Shikamaru, Hinata, and Gaara.
Lots of good fighter games, lots of discussion about mostly all of those in the Light House. :)

BlackHail said:
If you want to get to know me then just talk to me. I'm trying to make sure to come here a lot and have fun talking to others and learning more about one of my favorite games. I'm sure I missed something here that I should be saying so if there's any other questions just ask me. I'll make sure to answer
Nope, you're introduction was fine :bee: Good stuff. Glad to see you'll be a common member of the community then, welcome :)

-

I don't know if anyone remembers me. But I'm back. :D
Before my time, but welcome back! :088:

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the warm welcome Gatlin! Its nice that people take the time to make us newbies feel welcome! To answer your question, I enjoy Mario Kart DS the most but sometimes play on Wii as well. And yeah, hopefully if I have time I'll join the Mario Kart Wii things, but I'll definitely check it out. :)

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Never posted one of these lol.

What's up my alias is professor MGW but most people called me mgw :) I love video games mainly fighting btw. Main ones i play is brawl & Mortal Kombat~ I like music, vannesa hudgens, reading & just chillin with friends :). I dislike people who arent funny but think there hilarious, chesse that isnt american, lady gaga, and peach :p Im pretty chill easy to talk to but pretty shy, hmu if u wanna now more lol.

MK9 FTW!

:phone:

SuperEnigmation

Smash Rookie
Yyyyyo. What's up Smash Boards? The name I go by most of the time is SuperEnigmation. My alternate name is Gamma Knight. I play adventure and fighting games, and some RPGs (mostly Mario RPGs). The fighters I own are Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition, Super Street Fighter 2 (Virtual Console), Street Fighter Alpha 2 (also VC), and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. I used to own Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but that's a long story, involving a decision I greatly regret. In SSBB, I usually main Olimar (don't hate), Toon Link, Mario, Ganondorf, Luigi, Lucas, and Wolf. I've been playing Super Smash Bros. ever since SSBB was released. Yeah, I'm a late adopter :p

DloJones

Smash Rookie
Jello everyone, names -> (something something something Vernie) and came her to duel-I mean play anybody in a game of brawls.

Gatlin

Thanks for the warm welcome Gatlin! Its nice that people take the time to make us newbies feel welcome! To answer your question, I enjoy Mario Kart DS the most but sometimes play on Wii as well. And yeah, hopefully if I have time I'll join the Mario Kart Wii things, but I'll definitely check it out. :)
No problem, someone did it for me when I joined and I appreciated it, so I wanna give the same treatment; and very cool :bee: hope to see you there!

~

Never posted one of these lol.

What's up my alias is professor MGW but most people called me mgw :) I love video games mainly fighting btw. Main ones i play is brawl & Mortal Kombat~ I like music, vannesa hudgens, reading & just chillin with friends :). I dislike people who arent funny but think there hilarious, chesse that isnt american, lady gaga, and peach :p Im pretty chill easy to talk to but pretty shy, hmu if u wanna now more lol.

MK9 FTW!
Hi there mgw :)

I like games too :bee: and music, so good stuff there. I'm sure you know your way around the site just fine, and you aren't a new member... so... Hiya ;D

~

Yyyyyo. What's up Smash Boards? The name I go by most of the time is SuperEnigmation. My alternate name is Gamma Knight.
Hi there SuperEnigmation aka Gamma Knight :bee:, welcome :D

SuperEnigmation said:
I play adventure and fighting games, and some RPGs (mostly Mario RPGs). The fighters I own are Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition, Super Street Fighter 2 (Virtual Console), Street Fighter Alpha 2 (also VC), and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. I used to own Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but that's a long story, involving a decision I greatly regret.
Aw :( Well I hope you get another copy / your copy back someday :) Mistakes happen

SuperEnigmation said:
In SSBB, I usually main Olimar (don't hate), Toon Link, Mario, Ganondorf, Luigi, Lucas, and Wolf. I've been playing Super Smash Bros. ever since SSBB was released. Yeah, I'm a late adopter :p
Good main choices, especially Ganondorf :awesome:, also awesome to see Wolf in there :bee:. You'll find discussion and meet other mains of the same characters in each character's section:

Olimar :olimar:
Toon Link :toonlink:
Mario :mario2:
Ganondorf :ganondorf:
Luigi :luigi2:
Lucas :lucas:
and
Wolf :wolf:

You aren't late haha, everyone has to start somewhere ;) I started at Brawl, too! :bee:

~

Jello everyone, names -> (something something something Vernie) and came her to duel-I mean play anybody in a game of brawls.
Heya something something something Vernie :awesome: Welcome!

You'll find people willing to play some friendlies in the Smashboards Arena and Brawl Wifi-finder. I see you've already found out how to add your mains and friend-code, so good stuff there :b:

Also be sure to check out the sections for C.Falcon :falcon: and Mr. G&W :gw:

Welcome :088:

isaypwnsj00

Smash Rookie
hi everyone :B my name is Jess, but my tag is Isay (pronounced ee-sigh).

recently been trying to up my game as jiggs in the competitive melee scene :)

never played in a tournament before but i've played against some decent players... i know a lot of the technical stuff in melee but i can't execute most of it ! i'm pretty noob still but i've been playing since it came out...

i've been stalking smashboards for years but recently joined since i actually had to post something once..

my club also recently hosted a brawl tournament in socal and it was pretty lame (since they didn't listen to me o: i've hosted and organized several melee and brawl tournaments before... dunno why they handed the tournament to noob organizers)

thassall .... hope to be pro **** someday (lol)

Callisto

Smash Rookie
Hello people. My name's Chris and I'm from North Carolina. I've been playing Brawl practically since it came out, but I haven't exactly had time to play it as much as I'd like lately, due to gearing up to get ready for college. I usually play with Lucas, Ness, Pit, or Mr. Game & Watch. It's been a good while since I've played the game, so if I ever play against anyone, I will definitely be a little rusty haha.

I've played in a Wi-Fi tournament before, but I lost in the first round (lol). I haven't been in any tournaments since then, but maybe over the summer I will have more time to myself so I could participate in a couple and see how far I get.

I'm not one to write long-winded posts, so I'll just leave it at that for right now. If you want to know more about me, feel free to leave me a VM/PM. I'd really like to meet some people here.

Gatlin

Sup guys :bee:

isaypwnsJ00 said:
hi everyone :B my name is Jess, but my tag is Isay (pronounced ee-sigh).

recently been trying to up my game as jiggs in the competitive melee scene :)

never played in a tournament before but i've played against some decent players... i know a lot of the technical stuff in melee but i can't execute most of it ! i'm pretty noob still but i've been playing since it came out...
Hi there Jess, welcome to SWF ;D

Jiggs is a fun char, cool choice. Make sure to check the section for her? here :D Jiggs - Melee :jigglypuff:
Also cool to see you are in the competitive scene, be sure to check these: Tournament Discussion and Melee Discussion.

Don't worry about not being at the competitive level you desire yet, just takes time ;)

isaypwnsj00 said:
i've been stalking smashboards for years but recently joined since i actually had to post something once..

my club also recently hosted a brawl tournament in socal and it was pretty lame (since they didn't listen to me o: i've hosted and organized several melee and brawl tournaments before... dunno why they handed the tournament to noob organizers)
Glad you decided to post :bee: That's good! You'll meet a lot of cool and friendly people here.

isaypwnsj00 said:
thassall .... hope to be pro **** someday (lol)
Good luck! Lols :p

~

Callisto said:
Hello people. My name's Chris and I'm from North Carolina. I've been playing Brawl practically since it came out, but I haven't exactly had time to play it as much as I'd like lately, due to gearing up to get ready for college.

I've played in a Wi-Fi tournament before, but I lost in the first round (lol). I haven't been in any tournaments since then, but maybe over the summer I will have more time to myself so I could participate in a couple and see how far I get.
Heya Chris, welcome :)

Good stuff with Brawl, and don't worry about the tournament lol. You should try getting in contact with other North Carolina people here. Just to meet some locals, and learn about tournaments should you be interested.

Cool main-choices. I like Mr. G&W :p
You can meet other mains and such in each character's section:

Lucas :lucas:
Ness :ness2:
Pit :pit:
and
Mr. G&W :gw:

Good luck with college! :bee:

Callisto said:
I'm not one to write long-winded posts, so I'll just leave it at that for right now. If you want to know more about me, feel free to leave me a VM/PM. I'd really like to meet some people here.
Your introduction was fine :D Good stuff
Have fun, get involved, the community doesn't bite

Welcome again~

James The Hedgehog

Smash Rookie
Hello Everyone. I am James The hedgehog (or James for Short). I am a hardcore Super smash bros fan, but I unfortunately have never gone to a tournament.(Shameful I know) I like to play online with friends and I'm pretty good, but since I've never been to a tourney, I have no idea how good I am.

I have a fan character, James the hedgehog and I like to sprite him doing actions. My dream is to make my char a famous sonic character.

I'm starting to hack my wii and adding new chars to it. Hopefully this site will help. If you'd like to brawl with me send me a message.

Gatlin

Hello Everyone. I am James The hedgehog (or James for Short).
Hi there James The Hedgehog aka James ;) Welcome to SWF!

James said:
I am a hardcore Super smash bros fan, but I unfortunately have never gone to a tournament.(Shameful I know) I like to play online with friends and I'm pretty good, but since I've never been to a tourney, I have no idea how good I am.
Awesome! You are in the right place then :grin:.

Tis K, I have never gone to a tournament either :p They aren't really for me, but I have heard from several people that they are very fun. If you are ever interested in finding one that is local to you, I recommend getting in touch with the people in your Regional Zone. You can meet new friends while you're at it, too! :bee:

If you would like to play with others on Wifi, you should check out the Smashboards Arena. Lots of people willing to play.

Also be sure to add your Brawl friend-code to the "About Me" section of your profile ;)

James said:
I have a fan character, James the hedgehog and I like to sprite him doing actions. My dream is to make my char a famous sonic character.

I'm starting to hack my wii and adding new chars to it. Hopefully this site will help. If you'd like to brawl with me send me a message.
Haha awesome :)
If you have any questions about anything dealing with modifications to your Wii, I recommend asking in the Tutorial, FAQs & Help. Lots of people there willing to help you out.

Also be sure to check out the sections for your characters, meet mains, discuss tactics, matchups, yadda yadda ;)

Ness - Smash 64 :ness2:
Roy - Melee :roymelee:
Sonic - Brawl :sonic:

Welcome again!

IAmHero

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone my name is Raze and I'm 24 years old. I,m straight edge and I listen to punk and metal and I,m a big fan of pro wrestling and mma. When it comes to Smash, Ive been playing since 64, but I stopped playing for a long time. I've recently got back into Brawl and my mains are Pit and Marth. I came here hoping to improve my skills.

DeathMasterReaper

Smash Rookie
Hey, what's up?

I'm DeathMasterReaper, but if you wish you can call me DMR.
Been playing Smash since the 64 (man, Link and Falcon were godly back then) and ever since my boredom in Monster Hunter I've started replaying Brawl... tough I haven't touched Melee in a LONG time. :p
Currently I'm maining Link, Samus, Zelda, Wario and Ivysaur. I'm hoping to get into Zero Suit Samus, Sheik and Squirtle/Charizard (because they're also required to fully master the characters, right?) and I want to get back into Marth, Bowser and Ganondorf for Melee's sake.... And maybe the good Captain, Peach and Lucario.
I'm hoping to get some nice tips on these characters and maybe get some new opponents since my current Brawl friend list is pretty much dead. :p

Anywho... g'day!

Gatlin

Hey, what's up?

I'm DeathMasterReaper, but if you wish you can call me DMR.
Welcome to Smashboards DeathMasterReaper aka DMR :)

DMR said:
Been playing Smash since the 64 (man, Link and Falcon were godly back then) and ever since my boredom in Monster Hunter I've started replaying Brawl... though I haven't touched Melee in a LONG time. :p
Cool! Good to see you get back into Smashing :bee:. Be sure to check out the General Brawl section if you are interested.

DMR said:
Currently I'm maining Link, Samus, Zelda, Wario and Ivysaur. I'm hoping to get into Zero Suit Samus, Sheik and Squirtle/Charizard (because they're also required to fully master the characters, right?) and I want to get back into Marth, Bowser and Ganondorf for Melee's sake.... And maybe the good Captain, Peach and Lucario.
Lots of characters! Awesome, you'll be able to meet other character-mains, discuss tactics, matchups, or basically anything else in their respected sections:

Brawl - Link :link2:
Brawl - Samus :samus2:
Brawl - Zelda :zelda:
Wario :wario:
Ivysaur :ivysaur:

also:

Zero Suit Samus :zerosuitsamus:
Brawl - Sheik :sheik:
Squirtle :squirtle:
Charizard :charizard:

andddd ;):

Brawl - Marth :marth:
Brawl - Bowser :bowser2:
Brawl - Ganondorf :ganondorf:

and and and:

Brawl - C. Falcon :falcon:
Brawl - Peach :peach:
Lucario :lucario:

whew :awesome:

DMR said:
I'm hoping to get some nice tips on these characters and maybe get some new opponents since my current Brawl friend list is pretty much dead. :p
You should be just fine then :) Just be sure to jump in the discussion on any of these character's boards. The communities are nice and friendly, so no hesitation! :p

Awesome to see you've already found out how to add your Brawl Friend-Code and such, good stuff.

DMR said:
Anywho... g'day!
Good day :bee: Welcome again :088:

zero212

Smash Apprentice
Hey people i have been on smashboards before (like 3-4 years ago) i have been playing the smash bros series on and off for like 13 years now and i'm still not bored of smash bros. You can almost call me a smash bros junkie with no hope of recovery :p

anyways I'm 20 years old and i live in the netherlands. Also i'm a fox player (got 17th out of 59 in my first tourney) that is trying to be the best fox in Europe since i almost can call myself the best Fox of NL (wich is a tad dissapointing for me since i was hoping people in my country could teach me more about fox) For the rest i'm a hardcore gamer since that's pretty much all i do when not hanging out with friends. If people wanne know more about me just say it and i'll probably tell you.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I'm not exactly new to these boards, but it has been some time since I posted. I've recently got way back into Melee thanks to HomeMadeWaffle's videos and my good friend ScorpionMaster.
Hello my names Joshua and I live in Southern California. I play Mario, Falcon, and Marth but Marios my favorite to play. Ive been playing for a couple of years now and just figured out there was tourneys for this game. I plan on going to alot of tourneys to show you guys what my marios made of. ^_^
He's pretty good, that Joshua.

chai-icecream

Smash Cadet
Hi there!
I'm Chai, a random mexican girl. :B

I've been Brawling for almost two years now (but I'm not very good at this) and randomly lurking these forums. I finally decieded to create an account and start participating.
Hope we all can get along!!

gtKarma

Smash Cadet
Hey guys!

I'm Kaoru, but people call me gtK =]

I've been smashing ever since the 64 version came out, and moved on to melee, then brawl!
I have played in Australia, Japan and currently in the United States! (Lots of moving around, sucks -.-)
I love brawl, and looking forward to genesis to test out my skills!

I was brought to this site when I was randomly looking around the net, and n ow I get to talk to people as enthusiastic about smash as I am!

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasuuu~!

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Hey guys!

I'm Kaoru, but people call me gtK =]

I've been smashing ever since the 64 version came out, and moved on to melee, then brawl!
I have played in Australia, Japan and currently in the United States! (Lots of moving around, sucks -.-)
I love brawl, and looking forward to genesis to test out my skills!

I was brought to this site when I was randomly looking around the net, and n ow I get to talk to people as enthusiastic about smash as I am!

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasuuu~!
Welcome to the boards, Kaoru. And Kangei~ Excellent travel history, I'm jealous. Good luck at Genesis, bring your A-game!

Hi there!
I'm Chai, a random mexican girl. :B

I've been Brawling for almost two years now (but I'm not very good at this) and randomly lurking these forums. I finally decieded to create an account and start participating.
Hope we all can get along!!
Nice to meet you, Chai~ Random mexican girl, eh? I like you already :D

Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I play mainly Super Smash Brothers 64.
Nemesis, welcome to the boards. I think you'll like the 64 boards a lot. Cool peeps all around in there from every game.

Hey guys. I'm not exactly new to these boards, but it has been some time since I posted. I've recently got way back into Melee thanks to HomeMadeWaffle's videos and my good friend ScorpionMaster.

He's pretty good, that Joshua.
A hearty welcome back for you commonyoshi, not much has changed but as always you should feel at home here. :D

Hey people i have been on smashboards before (like 3-4 years ago) i have been playing the smash bros series on and off for like 13 years now and i'm still not bored of smash bros. You can almost call me a smash bros junkie with no hope of recovery :p

anyways I'm 20 years old and i live in the netherlands. Also i'm a fox player (got 17th out of 59 in my first tourney) that is trying to be the best fox in Europe since i almost can call myself the best Fox of NL (wich is a tad dissapointing for me since i was hoping people in my country could teach me more about fox) For the rest i'm a hardcore gamer since that's pretty much all i do when not hanging out with friends. If people wanne know more about me just say it and i'll probably tell you.
Zero, I'm sure you'll fit right here at home with the other 75% of Smash junkies. Welcome~

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Yo. I'm a Melee-exclusive player. I main C. Falcon and am currently trying to consistently land more than two consecutive waveshines on lvl9s with my secondary, Fox. I also occasionally play Ganondorf and Marth (previous mains) and Link, Peach, and Samus (previous secondaries).

My college friends and I have never attended any professional tournaments, but we have taken top places in casual tournaments, and my former roommate has beaten professional players with his Jiggles. However, since they live in AZ and I live in CO, I've been looking for CO Melee events that I can get involved with--I really need some help with my Fox, since my friends are maining Falco, Marth, Sheik, and Jiggs (C. Falcon's four worst nightmares -.-'). Anyone who has any info on events/tourneys/clubs/whatever in CO, please let me know!

I would like to be the best Captain in CO and AZ, if not the entire SW (Fox will probably always remain a secondary for me, regardless of how good I get with him ^_^).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom