• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

illtaketwenty

Smash Rookie
Hello, I just joined about 5 mins ago, so I'm finding my way around the forums. I have lots of questions and hoping for answers ^_^

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh I just directed you to this forum, but it seems you've already found it haha. The Smashboards Arena is one of the threads here.

Big Moose

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone! I'm Moose and well that's it..
I have been playing smash since I was a little kid and I am just now getting into the competitive scene.
I play melee and Brawl
Mains:Wario,Diddy.
Melee:Falco,Marth.
I'm really looking forward to the road ahead on the competitive scene and I bet it will be a lot of fun.
I also have a PS3 if anyone wants to add me bigMoose_
and that's it.
Melee4life.

Stero Leham

Smash Rookie
Hi my name is Stero I've been playing since I was 12 My main characters in Brawl are Wolf and Ike and in Melee my mains are Falco and Roy I hope to be brawling with ya'll soon!!!!!

Merdiwen

Smash Rookie
My name is Merdiwen... and I'm just stopping by. Brawl + tiny tv doesn't work so well... so I'm a bit out of practice. Looking to pick up a strategy or two ^^

Bocchan

Smash Rookie
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forums, but not to SSB. I'm hoping to find some friendly people willing to Brawl. I'm usually jumping around online in the evenings, if not playing with friends. Feel free to add my FC and/or Wii number if you'd like. Also feel free to message me here as well. :D

EDIT: More about myself, well, I'm definitely a Zelda fan. I'm fairly easy to get a long with. I'm female. I've been playing SSB since I was a kid. I suppose if you want to know more about me, you can always ask.

Bocchan

Smash Rookie
Well, I’ll be! Another new kid! I’m not the only one anymore! :awesome:

Howdy, Bocchan! Sweet name you’ve got goin’ on there. Japanese, right? It’s my hands-down favorite language! …If only I could speak it! That might take a little while. Still, glad to see someone’s taken an interest to it!

So you’re a Smash Bros. veteran, huh? You made the right choice in joining SmashBoards! As Obi-Wan Kenobi once said, “You’ve taken your first step into a larger world!” That’s real talk! If you really wanna be the best you can be, you’re on the right path! ;)

How’d you come across the boards, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m always up for hearing Smashers’ histories. For those of you that don’t know, I’m a huge History Channel fan, so I’m always hungry for another story! Everyone’s got a unique background, you know. It’s a great way to bond and there’s always something to learn. So I’d love to hear your story! How’d you end up here?

Haha, already itching to brawl, huh? I like it! Can I serve you up an order of Friend Request with a side of friendship? I’d love to be your friend and battle you! Just name the time and we can duke it out! We can help each other train and get better! We’ll be the best brawlers around in no time! :cool:

Ooh, you’re a Zelda fan! Nothin’ like a little bit of class up here in this thread! Do you have a favorite Zelda game, by any chance? Except for a few unnamed Zelda CD-i games, it’s a tough pick for me. They’re all unique and special in their very own way. Jeez, picking a favorite is harder than picking a timeline! :urg:

Wow, a girl! A girl on a videogame forum! WHAT THE FU- *BOOOOOOOM* Don’t worry, it’s cool. Most guys start getting ready for World War III to claim an Internet princess, so watch out! And you know, girl brawlers fight twice as hard and twice as good as the guys! Show them that Zelda! Yeah! Lightning Kick ‘em so hard their mommas will feel it! You got this!

Haha, it’s real nice to meet you! I have a feeling we’ll be good friends! If you need help with something or have any questions, you know who to turn to! Us newbies oughta stick together! See you around, Bocchan! :)
Oh, geez, such a long, friendly post. xD I'm so flattered!
Yes, the name is Japanese, it means 'Young Master', it's referring to my icon. I'm a big Kuroshi.tsuji (They have to censor it, of course) fan, which is the anime it's from. However, I'm going on my second year of Japanese in January. It's an amazing class, and I just love Japanese culture.
But, anyway, I ended up searching online for this forum, mainly because I knew it had to exist! xD I would play online and run into some players who would fool around instead of just fight, I hated that I couldn't add them as friends! So, I suppose that's what forced me to check out the forums. That way I could meet Smash players this way, instead of just anonymous play. Not much of a story. Haha. xD
And yeah, I'm actually about to hook my Wii up and play some rounds. I owned Melee for the longest time, it was the first game I grabbed after I first bought my Gamecube (oh the memories). And then I played Brawl several times, I think I rented it a couple times, and then my friend owned it; but I didn't get my own copy until just a few days ago for Christmas! xD So, I'm still pretty pumped to play it every evening. So, yeah! Definitely hit me with a friend request, dude, that would be awesome. I'll literally be setting up to play once I'm done here! |D
Oh yes, I'm a big Zelda fan for sure. I grew up playing the N64. Ocarina of Time is just an all time classic for me, and of course Majora's Mask came a little bit later. NES and SNES was before my time, so I didn't get to enjoy the original Zelda games until I was older. I don't think I could choose a favorite, though. Like you said, they all are unique in their own way. They all differ with their own story, so I'm not sure if I could choose.
Haha, yes, I am female, but I'm a guy at heart. Not sure why I chose a princess as my main with that in mind. Zelda is just a personal favorite, character-wise, I guess. Then, there's the whole persona of Sheik that intrigues me.
But, yeah, I've been a tomboy my whole life, and video games are apart of my life because of it. Growing up with an older brother probably contributed, too! I do hope I'm considered a decent Brawler! xD I can play a mean Zelda for sure.
So, are you fairly new to SSB? Or are you familiar with the older games and whatnot? I agree, though, newbies should stick together. Starting out at the same level is always more enjoyable.
In any case, it's great to talk with someone already so enthusiastic and friendly! It's very inspiring! Please, don't hesitate to add me. It's nice to meet, Yo-yo!
Also, feel free to call me Ciel. :D

Rawst

Smash Rookie
NNID
Numel322
Hi, everybody, I'm Rawst. I recently found the forum, so I'm browsing the topics right now. I have Brawl (and Melee as well) and I'm looking forward to playing online with anyone, feel free to add me as a friend. :D

King bowbow

Smash Rookie
I'm King Bowbow and I am a fan of the SSB series and many other games, I live with my older brother and younger sister as we go between my mom's and dad's house, can be a friendly guy but I have my troll times and I'm easy to get use to, hope I get along with all... or most of you

R.77

Smash Rookie
Hello smashers !

R.77 is the name I go by, and stand by. I main Sheik and prefer ssbm, Lucas in ssbb. Anyways, I am Swedish and hope to find some sweet friends here. I am not really pro at ssbm but know a few of the advanced techniques.

Nice to meet y´all

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hello, i'm Luco. I was pretty much brought up on videogames(although i'm not all that used to forums, so please forgive me if i say something i shouldn't, i'll get a feel for the boards over time), and i have played SSB as long as i can remember. i've also played brawl, and both me and my brother consider ourselves decent, but we can't really know, since we haven't versed that many people. We'd both love a challenge, as we wish to get better ourselves. Never played melee, hear it's awesome, but i have a lot of ideas and such, so i can't wait to be a part of the forums.

Peach Kong

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone. I'm Peach Kong. Smash Bros got me into the video game world. I played Melee at a friend's house, and I got hooked. So I had to buy the game, and the gamecube. I played Peach, and I was the only Peach main in our school's Smash community. We all played the heck out of Melee until we heard about Brawl. I remember waking up at 6am to check the Dojo for updates.

When I got Brawl, I continued to dedicate myself towards Peach, like I did in Melee. And it worked, for a while. After about a year and a half of Brawl, I quit because I lost interest in video games. I entered the Smash World again about 6 months later. This time, I decided to try Diddy Kong, and it was a fantastic experience. So between Peach and Diddy, that's how I decided my user name.

I prefer Brawl over Melee because since Brawl came out, I haven't found anyone that's wanted to play Melee.

My Melee characters are Peach, Ganondorf and Dr. Mario. My Brawl characters are Diddy, Peach, Olimar and Marth.

I've never been part of any big tournament, so I'm doubting I'll be of much help in tier and matchup discussions. I'd like to learn how to play better, because my first tournament is in February.

See you guys around.

xXxKiZ4M3xXx

Smash Rookie
hi my name is rodrigo user name xxxkiz4m3xx i play meele main game puff also falco and fox
godluckk

Matrilwood

Smash Rookie
Hi all, I'm Reeve Matrilwood and a serious Bowser fan. My main is Bowser, I'm up for a challenge, not a sore loser either. I also have a habit of getting impulsive ideas, like trying to make a master-piece with buckets of paint with grenades in them.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Hello Matrilwood, and good luck with bowser, he is a challenge to use so I wish you the best. Also awesome sig. two thumbs up.

Brother_Yokum

Smash Rookie
Hello to everyone, I'm Brother Yokum, or simply Yokum as you may prefer. Iv'e gone by this alias for several years, originating by my xbox live gamer tag. I was a big fan of FPS and played the Halo series for years up until recently, when I started getting into fighters such as Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and recently Smash Bros.

My interest in smash came about when I attended MLG Orlando in 2010 as a spectator, and I found myself drawn to all the hype and excitement of the Brawl station. I watched a few of the finals matches and was amazed at what each player could do with their character. Soon after I started playing a lot at a friends house, got many of them into playing it as well, and started coming to these forums to learn new things.

I'm not exactly new to the forums, I've been on to look around and watch some videos, and overall just lurking. I used to be a member of another forum for halo games so I know what it's like to be a part of a community like this, and I'd like to be active here as well.

I've played Melee and Smash 64 growing up, but never was into the competitive scene of it. I've been playing Brawl for 6 months now, aside from a 1 month break over summer, and I've learned a whole lot from coming to this site. Over this short period I found the characters I enjoy playing most, and am working on sort of a "triple threat" of mains to play. As of now I play Ike, Snake, and recently Luigi. I hope to be able to meet a lot of great players, specifically Florida locals, and attend tournies all around the area.

Eager

Smash Rookie
Hi, my names Eager aka Buzzcuts. I play Melee primarily. I believe meeting up with people in real life to hang out/play smash is the funnest thing in the world, even if I'll never get famous for how good I am. I'd like to go to nationals or regionals to get recognized and play the bests someday if I have the money to. I'm only 17 but I practice the game a lot; I know I can compete with the top if I get more people to practice with. However, southern Virginia is a desolate area when it comes to SSBM. I've searched SWF and I only found a few people from my locale and I feel too weird to talk to them since I'm new to swf, low post count, and entering the game late. But if you live in SoVA and want to play me, I'll do anything to meet up, chill, and get some friendlies going. If you can drive, we can be besties and go to Pound 5 together. Really trying to immerse myself into the community cause its 2011 now, I've been practicing hard for about half a year, and I haven't gone to a single (non-casuals) tourny yet = no GOOD practice. SWF is a huge established community and I like I said, I feel weird posting here. If you wanna make me feel welcome just hit me up with some PMs and we can chat about smash and stuff :)

FrostyOlimar

Smash Rookie
Hows it going everyone? I'm new to the Smash Boards, like very new. Anyway, most friends call my Frost, so I guess thats what I'll go by here, and if you can't tell already, my favorite character in Brawl or Melee is and will forever be Olimar. I just started using him a few hours from posting this, I've even made a video (and will continue to make videos) on small battles with the CPU's and their characters.

So as my Wii is going nuts (oh my god, your sickos...), I guess I'd post my "I'm new here" post like everyone else. If you want to brawl sometime, my friend code is: 2408-2703-3652. Happy brawling! Can't wait to join in on the action!

deltaflip

Smash Rookie
as you can see, my name is deltaflip, or, if you prefer, matt. i don't pretend to be good at this game, and i don't pretend to know anything about this website, seeing as i just joined this site 2 minutes ago. i enjoy this game a lot, but do not have a lot of friends who enjoy this game as much. they're all off playing new vegas on their 360 (awesome game, btw). and alas, playing computers in brawl gets rather dull, and it's so ever difficult to find a match online with an empty spot. i googled "super smash bros brawl tournaments" and found this site. now for my main question: does anyone know where i can sign up for an online tournament, or if they even exist?

Sobia6464

Smash Cadet
Anyone new, feel free to PM me and we can set something up online. That is if you are bored with playing CPU's such as Deltaflip is.

SuperTrunks150

Smash Rookie
Hola!

I'm sort of a Smash Brothers newb lol, I'm not too good but I'm slowly getting better. Been playin the original Smash Brothers for about, eh, 3 years and just recently got Melee(I know, I'm a later bloomer lol) and I'm lovin it! I don't really get to play with many people, havent been able to find any Smash fans, or Nintendo fans for that matter, in my area lol, it sucks! All my friends and people I know are exclusively PS3 or 360 owners...the people I do know that have Wiis r only casual gamers, don't own Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Brawl or any of the big Nintendo titles like that, so it really sucks. :c

Hope to make some friends here and finally be able to talk to some Smash fans lol! :D

Lukries

Smash Rookie
Hello to the many smashers out there.

Name's Lukries, Pyro, Pyroclasticmagi, depends on my mood really. I've been playing SSB since the games first came out and never let up since. Oddly enough, never tried the tournament scene. I don't know why, I think I'd do pretty well. Melee is my main focus atm, due to the fact that I won't have Brawl till friday. Then it's time to relearn the Jiggly. She's my main, then C. Falcon, then Marth, and everyone else is randomized. I am a big gamer, a big fan of the pokemon video and card games, but I tend to stray away from a lot of next gen game consoles. Some games appeal to my play preference, others don't. Simple right? I'd really like to utilize these forums to further my Jiggly metagame on Brawl and Melee. Also I'd like to become interested in a tourny scene in my area. Maybe find some people who I can train with and such. If anyone here can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. (Every game has rules!) I started here in hopes to approach these goals on a more non-chaotic standpoint. Well, thanks for reading and have a good day!

Churcho

Smash Rookie
NNID
hibber25
3DS FC
0130-1942-6425
Hello there, Churcho here. 20 year old college kid and artful weilder of Link's boomerang (Melee of course). So, I've been playing Melee for a while but only recently found some people locally that I can go and battle with, so I'm... I guess you could say okay. I normally main Link, but recently started dusting off Fox as a secondary. Never been to a tournament, but I have played a tournament player, Lee Martin, in a friendly once... It didn't seem too friendly to me at the time though :p. One day I hope to change the tier list so that Link is at least mid. Shouldn't be too hard right guys... *cricket chirping*...right! Apart from Melee, I'm really into the racing genre (Mario Kart, Burnout Paradise, ect...). I've been thinking of joining the site for some time and finally decided to just do it. Soo... here I am.

FBI:Vess

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vessman
Hey FBI:Vess here, i'm 18 year old college kids majoring in Graphic Design. I Play Brawl and Brawl plus. I main Pit Icarus in Vanilla brawl and Mario in Brawl plus. I been playing Smash bros brawl and plus in 2009 but my focus is Vanilla brawl. My Pit is pretty decent but i really to step it up a notch. But i still looking a Sub just incase i need Backup sub to help me out. First Tournament i been was a Brawl + at my College but didn't do that well but i'll step it up on my next tournament if go to one. I'm little shy but i'm Friendly and i like to crack jokes with people. Other Genre that i play is Fighting games such at (Blazblue Continuum shift, Super Street fighter 4, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 3 and ect....) My friend Ipresea told me about this site and i'm hopeing to makes some friends, brawl them offline sometimes and enter Tournament with them... And thats it =]

Charz

Smash Cadet
Sup Charz here i am an average 15 year old teenager who plays brawl. I played melee however not competitively, but plan to maybe play brawl competitively or at least via wi-fi if i can not go to any tournaments. I main lucario cause i think he is in general a cool character and overall i like him. I plan to use wario as a secondary but still just looking at other characters i could possibly use as a secondary. And yeahs thats pretty much it.

BowLX

Smash Rookie
Hi there!
I'm from Germany, but I can also speak portuguese. As you can see, I'm new here, maybe some of you know me from AiB. I main Bowser since I have SSBB (March 2010) and 2nd Wolf. However, I focused my training only to Bowser, so I may suck with my other mains.^^" I only attended to some Online Tourneys, but never have been on Offline Tournament, due to school and other stuff :/

Well, hi^^

KonataAndKagame

Smash Rookie
Greetings and salutations.

I am a very cool Otaku with loads of anime and manga.

I am also very skilled in the art of making delicious nuddles.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just an average Brawler from Indiana here. Considering competing in tourneys, not sure yet. Mostly I'm just around for a good time!

oboewan42

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, it's oboewan42. I suck at Smash, just so you know; more of a casual player.

I don't really have a main. I change things up a lot: my top 3 are Metaknight, T-Link, and Samus (though I never could get the hang of ZSS), though I've also been known to play Link, Sonic, Fox, C.Falcon, Lucas, Pikachu, and ROB.

GrifMoNeY

Smash Rookie
Let's get this first post underway.

I'm Grif. I live in Magnolia, NJ, and my primary purpose for coming to the board is to network. I've been playing Melee for several years, but I'm more interested in Brawl. I particularly want to play around with Brawl-. Though I am very confident in my social skills (I am a professional salesman) I have not taken the time to socialize in my region, and I have only a handful of friends who, like myself, tend to be busy with work or other things. I want to find people in the area who are as skilled as I am in the game, so I can improve and have more fun with it.

As I have limited experience in multiplayer I can't really choose a main. I like Metaknight's quick attacks and recovery options, and I am also a fan of Lucas' air speed, bair and glitchy wavebounce/zap jump/magnet pull. I train hard in singleplayer mode, but I'm hesitant to use the wifi connection due to horror stories of lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom