• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Chris,

Can you drive us to Houston tomorrow? My car will be packed with a bunch of my stuff from my apartment all weekend this I'm supposed to move out, so I don't wanna haul all this stuff with us on a potential 16 hour round trip. Hit me back here ASAP.

-- H.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Yo guys check dis sheet out mayne:

They're going to be two tournies on Aug 1st and 8th for brawl at the Midnight Gaming Championships I thought the rules were going ot be items and stuff but it was well made I was happy about the MK ledge grabbing rule I hope that get seriously enforced let's go there and wreck it!!!!

Here is the site- http://www.midnightgamingchampionship.com

here are the rules-

http://www.midnightgamingchampionship.com/games_super_smash_bros_brawl.php

The first tourney will be in brick town I'm gonna need a ride but here are the details on the location:

http://www.midnightgamingchampionship.com/gameregistration/index.php?event=Oklahoma%20City%20--%20August%201,2009

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
ssssshhhhhh nobody was supposed to know about that...

Hanson, if itll help. you can store that stuff at my place.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
ssssshhhhhh nobody was supposed to know about that...

Hanson, if itll help. you can store that stuff at my place.
Lol I didn't know about it till my friend told me I was like are you serious?

Yeah can someone post that up on okgamers.com? I don't have enough time thanks.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
no need, already told everybody of importance in tulsa. but i will anyway after i replace my water pump.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
If you were wanting to leave early Hanson then you might as well go ahead and go. I have to work until close today. I was going to get off at noon but my boss needs me to work late since everyone else is on vacation.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the back room is ******** if it doesn't vote to ban Meta Knight.

...Funny how my opinion on the issue has pulled a 180 in just a month or two matter of days.

Also, I want to play this weekend. As usual. I'll even use Marth. Since using Meta Knight in friendlies kind of seems like overkill to me now.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think Daniel takes the MCAT today?

Good luck son!

Nevermind it was yesterday lol Oh well. GL anyway

po pimpus

Smash Ace
You know, this will probably fall on deaf ears, or get me ostracized (even more so than I probably already am), but maybe, just MAYBE we could try this for one or two events in the future:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164675

I think it solves a lot of the problems I have currently with Brawl and that One Guy With The Bat-Wings.

Go ahead, laugh, write it off as the crazy ramblings of an out-of-touch madman, but hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it...

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
You know, this will probably fall on deaf ears, or get me ostracized (even more so than I probably already am), but maybe, just MAYBE we could try this for one or two events in the future:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164675

I think it solves a lot of the problems I have currently with Brawl and that One Guy With The Bat-Wings.

Go ahead, laugh, write it off as the crazy ramblings of an out-of-touch madman, but hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it...

I've always wanted to play in that ruleset it solves the boring campy fights if only smash balls were allowed... LANDMASTER!!!!

link2702

Smash Champion
:mad::psycho: I swear guitar is the most difficult instrument i've ever attempted to play:mad: but at the same time, even though I can't play it (well) yet, I already love it:laugh:, even if i'm just kinda messing around and sounding horrible, this guitar feels good in my hands and it didn't take long for me to understand...*cue in Jukebox Hero*

n e way... hopefully with enough practice i'll get better....hopefully.:psycho:

EDIT: oh dat item play thing po posted jsut kinda sparked something in my mind you guys might wanna try in freindlies just for fun(IDK why the item thing caused it but n e way...)

play a match with only mario and luigi, on the mario bros stage, no items, 3 stock.

only way you can attack your oppenent is to toss the monsters at them/hit the monster from underneath to knock it back UP if its already upside down.

only way you can ATTACK the monsters is by either using the pow block, or jumping and bumping the floor underneath em to flip em over.

only moves you can use , are jumping and running/walking, and picking up and tossing the monsters at each other.

Mario bros. match, just for lolz, try dat in some friendlies next time when ya'll want something interesting/ diffferent. :p

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
how many instruments have you tried playing? In my experience, guitar was one of the easier ones.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Link182 (ok, ok, 2702), I think your post might have been the source of the dream I had last night in which I flaked out on this acoustic guitar performance I was supposed to give a stadium full of my old high school that I wasn't capable of performing and didn't want to do anyway.

Not that I play the guitar, but I used to take high school guitar classes.

*Waits for the inevitable reply from Yawara*

Items, eh. I don't care much for randomness in my games. However, I suppose it'd be worth trying at a Smashfest sometime.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Yea guitar is definitely one of the easier instruments to sound decent on...
I only like items for random funny matches...das me

link2702

Smash Champion
how many instruments have you tried playing? In my experience, guitar was one of the easier ones.
i've played trumpet, viola, violin, and cello, all of which i found incredably easy when I started to play em, guitar on the other hand....

Scud

Smash Apprentice
i've played trumpet, viola, violin, and cello, all of which i found incredably easy when I started to play em, guitar on the other hand....
lol yea all those instruments you listed are much harder to make any good sound to come out of them...

link2702

Smash Champion
yet i've found each and every one of em ALOT easier to play (and sound good, trust me) then the guitar.

meh...some folks find certain things easier then others I suppose.

Gravity

Smash Ace
only instrument ive played is the guitar and it just depends on what you want out of it how hard it is.

also i might come down thursday. dunno yet. if i do anyone want to do anything

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
as someone who's ****** around with a bunch of instruments but never gotten more than decent at any of them i feel eminently qualified to say guitar is mad easy

being django reinhardt or mark knopfler is hard, but that applies to any instrument played at virtuoso level

compare a year of piano experience to a year of guitar experience, the guitarist will almost always sound better

link2702

Smash Champion
as someone who's ****** around with a bunch of instruments but never gotten more than decent at any of them i feel eminently qualified to say guitar is mad easy

being django reinhardt or mark knopfler is hard, but that applies to any instrument played at virtuoso level

compare a year of piano experience to a year of guitar experience, the guitarist will almost always sound better
meh, Well like I siad, some folks learn easier then others, all I know is from alot of the other instruments i've played, i've found guitar to be the most difficult, all the other ones I picked up very quickly and easily, but not guitar.:psycho:

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
id like to hear you play a piece on those said instruments sometime. maybe.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Items, eh. I don't care much for randomness in my games. However, I suppose it'd be worth trying at a Smashfest sometime.
Well, at least you're open to the idea. It's actually been proven before in ye olden days that items have no more of an effect on GOOD players than anything else... its just a different set of skills required on top of what you already posess, i.e. more strategy.

On randomness: Yes, the items you get and where they will spawn will be random, however, it has been proven that item spawns are on a specific timer, and the spawn points are set in specific locations on each stage...

Yeah, you don't know WHERE the item will spawn, or WHAT item it will be, but you do know WHEN. There are those that would argue that the game then becomes about camping spawn locations, but since you don't know which location will occur, it becomes about well, y'know, fighting the other guy and keeping him off the stage, because he can't beat you with a 'random' item if he's not on the stage, can he?

As far as ledge camping and stalling goes, yeah you can do that still, but what happens while your planking with Meta and the opponent gets a hold of a Smart Bomb? You'd better get your *** off that ledge and stop him, or get blown the **** up.

But, whatever. Change. Fear. Lack of willingness to adapt. Classic human response, I guess.

Let's keep on playing Super Campy Bros. Brawl: Coward Edition, because its such a fun and exciting game when people hit you once, and then put up tents for eight minutes.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
So I'm guessing Hanson and Chris didn't actually make it to HOBO17?

I've never really been able to get into playing a musical instrument.

Also, Smash this week. I'd even be interested in playing some Melee. At least until I get wrecked at it, lol. Or standard item play in Brawl, Po has made it sound a bit more interesting. And BlazBlue.

...Why do I still call Brandon "Po?"

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
they were both at yesterday's mgc. id know cause i got eliminated first round. tee hee.

Top Bottom