• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude, I just don't get this entire rant like at all. The keys to changing everything that you do not like about the metagame is given to you. If you're gonna john about something in real life and in different threads, and then someone gives you the choice to change it, why would you not actually go and do it?

Case and point here is like the entire build up of Brandon's post. He says he hates a character cause he's cheap, and he complains about reverse shuttle loops and planking. And meanwhile like there's the Fiction and Chibo camp that posted a video of a Metaknight recovering. Something that 100% of the community should know is possible again. But still, even given these facts, the character's broken and all that, SWF is opening it up to the community to decide whether or not to ban him.

This isn't like an invisible, behind the scenes meeting of cardinals to decide who the next pope is. This is an open poll, you have the ability to change the entire metagame. Right now, there's a change that can affect like 15 of the top 25 players in America. But even though that change could occur, you're going to give up on the game? I really do not understand that reasoning. Especially since the pro-ban side has only gotten exponentially stronger.

I mean really, that makes like no sense at all. That's like saying you refuse to use cars because you think they're unsafe, but then automobile makers invent airbags, and you still being unreasonable and avoiding cars. This rant seriously reminds me of the old rant about how broken Fox was in Melee which is why Brawl was so much better. It's a fighting game, imbalances exist, and we the players deal. There's a tier list for a reason, but when you dedicate yourself to a character, you understood at that time that you made a wholly conscious decision as to what you're getting yourself into. If you picked a low tier character, that's your own fault. You learn to work within your own limitations the same way that Billy does or FoW or PhoenixAlpha. If you picked a top tier character, than you do the same.

And honestly, the tier list in its essence only applies to really skilled players. Not to any of us with the exception of Chris. If the tierlists and matchup charts were 100% binding, then there would be no point in playing the game. But we all know, everyone one of us, that this is not the case. The tier list and matchup charts only apply to the peak of the metagame--the best players in the world--and even at that level, it still remains a player vs player matchup rather than a metaknight vs Snake matchup. And this is true especially in Brawl because we can all name players who play low tiers and are still able to win despite their limits.

Also, this rant isn't like directed at Brandon or Chris or anyone here at all, it's more frustration with the Back Room cause they're ****ing ********. And cause I haven't eaten since like 1 yesterday.

But to the SBR, Why are you even opening a 4th poll to the public? I've gone on this rant before because it's true.

90% of people who visit like the character specific boards and brawl general and etc are dumb. You can just tell by their posts. And some boards are like little microcosms of the most uninformed. Like the Sonic board.

In addition to that, we all know that like 90% of all people who get to participate in this poll do not even travel. They haven't been to a tourney before. And yet, we have a place that collects the best players and best theorists in the entire community, and we willfully follow the rules they set. But they're gonna seriously cop out now with the metaknight ban issue and just leave it to us?

SWF is ******** right now. SRK calls the backroom an elitist behind the scenes government, and yes that's true because we the community elected them to act as such. But when it comes to the MK ban, they're gonna shirk their responsibilities?

The results are only going to be skewed by those who can't make the right judgment call, and I said on the OH Snap rules that we will always adhere to the standard SBR ruleset at the time.

Do I want an MK ban? I honestly can't care less, but I'm sick of people announcing retirements cause of it. If you're that sick of it, the solution's a click away. The pro-ban side right now has the most momentum it's had in a long, long time. With the increase in MK tourney placements at major tournaments and compounded with m2k sandbagging conspiracies and personal frustrations, I honestly can't see how MK won't be banned.

But that's my 2 cents and long rant of the month :/

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice
And yet, we have a place that collects the best players and best theorists in the entire community, and we willfully follow the rules they set. But they're gonna seriously cop out now with the metaknight ban issue and just leave it to us?

The poill won't be the final word in it.

The winner of the poll will get 1 SBR vote in that favor, then for each 2.5% they win by it is an additional vote.

The poll just gives a percentage of the entire vote to ban metaknight.

Even then it has to be a 2/3rds decision in favor of a ban of the entire vote.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
For the sake of clarification, the poll in General Brawl Discussion will only count for a small, almost negligible portion of the SBR's final back room vote, which is quite close at the moment. The idea behind this move was to engender some sort of community involvement, and for the SBR to acknowledge that the public's voice would not go unheard, however small of a role they may play.

At this point, I'm not very concerned with the image of our community, especially amongst other so-called fighting game communities like SRK. To me, they are in many ways more ******** than the SWF. Philosophically, we have always diverged with SRK, and rightfully so; we play an entirely different game than they do, and for them to mock and ridicule the Smash community because we aren't in accord with their established precedents as far as character banishment, tier lists and rule sets go speaks volumes about how neither community will see eye to eye with the other.

Anyway, we'll see what happens after the week is up.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing selfish about that chris. i naturally gravitate towards overpowered characters myself, like captain falcon in brawl.

You and brandon should really call me up for some casuals, wheres the love???

Shade_

Smash Ace
Can someone post a link to it? I deal with MK alright, but I'm going to vote him off just because that's one less character I have to worry about in a tournament.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
By copping out and leaving it to us, I mean that our votes shouldn't count at all. But whatever, the ban will happen, I'm sure of it.

I just talked to Chris, and we both agree, banning or not banning MK is down to selfish reasons.

If it came to a straight legit vote of whether the character is statistically skewed, the answer is yes, he is. The position of most anti-ban players is that MK is beatable, but whether or not that merits him being banned or not isn't the real question. The question at hand should be whether or not he's broken, and the real answer to that is yes he is. He's a beatable and broken character, it just depends from then on what your personal philosophies are.

But like I said, I don't really care. I just don't want people to start retirement rants again cause dude, it's been like 2 years since I've been hear, and I don't even know how many times I put up with that.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Dude, I just don't get this entire rant like at all. The keys to changing everything that you do not like about the metagame is given to you. If you're gonna john about something in real life and in different threads, and then someone gives you the choice to change it, why would you not actually go and do it?

Case and point here is like the entire build up of Brandon's post. He says he hates a character cause he's cheap, and he complains about reverse shuttle loops and planking. And meanwhile like there's the Fiction and Chibo camp that posted a video of a Metaknight recovering. Something that 100% of the community should know is possible again. But still, even given these facts, the character's broken and all that, SWF is opening it up to the community to decide whether or not to ban him.

This isn't like an invisible, behind the scenes meeting of cardinals to decide who the next pope is. This is an open poll, you have the ability to change the entire metagame. Right now, there's a change that can affect like 15 of the top 25 players in America. But even though that change could occur, you're going to give up on the game? I really do not understand that reasoning. Especially since the pro-ban side has only gotten exponentially stronger.

I mean really, that makes like no sense at all. That's like saying you refuse to use cars because you think they're unsafe, but then automobile makers invent airbags, and you still being unreasonable and avoiding cars. This rant seriously reminds me of the old rant about how broken Fox was in Melee which is why Brawl was so much better. It's a fighting game, imbalances exist, and we the players deal. There's a tier list for a reason, but when you dedicate yourself to a character, you understood at that time that you made a wholly conscious decision as to what you're getting yourself into. If you picked a low tier character, that's your own fault. You learn to work within your own limitations the same way that Billy does or FoW or PhoenixAlpha. If you picked a top tier character, than you do the same.

And honestly, the tier list in its essence only applies to really skilled players. Not to any of us with the exception of Chris. If the tierlists and matchup charts were 100% binding, then there would be no point in playing the game. But we all know, everyone one of us, that this is not the case. The tier list and matchup charts only apply to the peak of the metagame--the best players in the world--and even at that level, it still remains a player vs player matchup rather than a metaknight vs Snake matchup. And this is true especially in Brawl because we can all name players who play low tiers and are still able to win despite their limits.

Also, this rant isn't like directed at Brandon or Chris or anyone here at all, it's more frustration with the Back Room cause they're ****ing ********. And cause I haven't eaten since like 1 yesterday.

But to the SBR, Why are you even opening a 4th poll to the public? I've gone on this rant before because it's true.

90% of people who visit like the character specific boards and brawl general and etc are dumb. You can just tell by their posts. And some boards are like little microcosms of the most uninformed. Like the Sonic board.

In addition to that, we all know that like 90% of all people who get to participate in this poll do not even travel. They haven't been to a tourney before. And yet, we have a place that collects the best players and best theorists in the entire community, and we willfully follow the rules they set. But they're gonna seriously cop out now with the metaknight ban issue and just leave it to us?

SWF is ******** right now. SRK calls the backroom an elitist behind the scenes government, and yes that's true because we the community elected them to act as such. But when it comes to the MK ban, they're gonna shirk their responsibilities?

The results are only going to be skewed by those who can't make the right judgment call, and I said on the OH Snap rules that we will always adhere to the standard SBR ruleset at the time.

Do I want an MK ban? I honestly can't care less, but I'm sick of people announcing retirements cause of it. If you're that sick of it, the solution's a click away. The pro-ban side right now has the most momentum it's had in a long, long time. With the increase in MK tourney placements at major tournaments and compounded with m2k sandbagging conspiracies and personal frustrations, I honestly can't see how MK won't be banned.

But that's my 2 cents and long rant of the month :/
Good points yawara.

I dont really care if he gets banned or not either. I did vote no though. A few things I wanna say.

Brandon, theres really not that many mk's in OK. Theres brian, bwamp(kyle I think his name is) who from what I understand doesnt play that much anymore and occasionally dylan(sp? xD). So its not like you have to play mk very often at tournies in the first place.

Also, in regards to what yawara said, Luigi vs MK is a pretty ****ty matchup for luigi. Why dont you pick up a secondary character to use against mks if you hate fighting him with luigi so much? I respect that your trying to win all of your matches using just your main but sometimes the matchup is just too much in your opponents favor.

Heck, I was trying to win all my matches with wario but at this past monthly chris made me realize that it would be MUCH easier for me to beat his peach with snake than with wario and I could save myself much trouble if I just practiced a bit with snake rather then try and fight an uphill battle with wario. Honestly, I would have MUCH preferred it if chris had used mk against me instead of peach. I have extensive mk experience and am very comfortable with that matchup but I didnt really know squat about the peach matchup.

I dont think you should call it quits just yet since it seems like mk is going to get banned anyways. I was looking forward to riding with you and hanson and chris and yawara to tournies in TX once I started attending ou but I cant do that if everyone retires!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
The pro-ban side did seem to present a better argument. Though I noticed that the pro-ban side presented more of a rhetorical and logical argument, while the anti-ban side presented more of a statistical and objective argument. Of course, there were points of divergence on the same information where they interpreted terms or statistics differently.

And seriously, Yawara should be a back-roomer.

And I agree that it does really boil down to selfish reasons. I think that Meta Knight should probably be banned and, in this regard, agree with the pro-ban argument. However, there's also a part of me that doesn't want him to be banned because I see myself enjoying more tournament success with his employ. Though, there is a counter to that point in the notion that everyone else may begin to play Meta Knight, which I think would upset me more because my favorite character was being whored-out and, in the sense of individual player identity, delegitimized, rather than because it would make things less easy for me. Deep down, however, I'm feeling that I hope Meta Knight does get banned, even though he's my favorite character, just to restore a feel of balance as well as purpose for the character-select screen, because Chris is right; strategically, there is no reason not to use Meta Knight, and I don't like that. I just wish Meta Knight hadn't been so broken to begin with. In the meantime, I guess I had better get better with Marth, lol.

And you can't give up Lugi!
LUGI'S FLAME MUST ALWAYS BURN GREEN.

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice
I am not relying on MK getting banned at all.

I don't know how all these people are so sure of a ban. I mean it seems like most people want him banned including myself, but it just seems.... un smash like to ban a character from play....

@ bassem: It's Dillon. lol

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Why is everyone f#$^T^ing retiring when no decision has been made yet?

Chris next time whenever I can have company can you bring Melty Blood and Blazblue over?

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing selfish about that chris. i naturally gravitate towards overpowered characters myself, like captain falcon in brawl.

You and brandon should really call me up for some casuals, wheres the love???
Head to Brandon's at 4 today. I'm going over there to play some blazblue.:)

Why is everyone f#$^T^ing retiring when no decision has been made yet?

Chris next time whenever I can have company can you bring Melty Blood and Blazblue over?
I can bring Melty Blood but you'll have to ask Brandon to bring blazblue. I don't have a PS3 nor do I have a copy of blazblue.:(

Shade_

Smash Ace
I actually just thought about entire MK thing. And here is what I come with, so here is my MK rant.

I vote for the ban. I don't believe that banning him will… balance the game, but it will be "more" balanced without him. It would also clear the stage for the many characters that have a one sided match stacked against them when facing MK. Snake, DDD, and the other high teir characters do have an advantage on the rest of the cast. But not nearly as much as MK has on them.

Yes he is beatable, there are many characters that can beat him. And the character imbalance between you're character and Meta Knight can be made up with technique and skill. But the amount of difference needed to make up this gap between bad match ups, and bad match ups against MK are very apparent. As a link Player, who would I rather fight against? Snake or MK? Samus, Mario, Luigi, Pit players, who would they rather fight, Snake or MK? Maybe this is just me, but I'd much rather fight the latter of the high teirs, than face MK with most of my characters.

The skill difference is also more apparent in Team Battles for tournaments. I'll use Yawara and I as an example. A decent Marth, and a Decent wolf are on a team in a tournament. And their opponents are DDD and Snake, we probably feel this match will be very difficult, but it is definitely winnable. What if the opponents are Wario and Rob? In our minds we think there is a good chance we can can still probably muster a victory. Now let’s change 1 character in both of the opposing teams. Lets say DDD and MK. Now I don't know what Yawara thinks, but I would probably rethink our character choices. What about Wario and MK? Again, I will have to think about I or Yawara should change characters or not. Rob and MK? Snake and MK? What about Marth and MK? Meta Knight by himself changes the balance of a team to an extent that no other character can. Thus, I think the majority of the players that do not use MK would be better off if he was not there. The characters seen at tournaments would be slightly more versatile. Even if all the MKs switched to Snake, or DDD, other characters that do better against those characters than they did MK would be seen at tournaments more.

Gravity

Smash Ace
yeah im not about to go on a long rant and ive been out of the smash scene for a long while now but

i played brawl last week for a few hours but when i fought dphats mk it was difficult but i didnt think it was particulary gay or impossible.

i voted no because i dont think mk is that bad. however im pretty sure hell be banned and i dont really care because i managed to suck with mk, and thats one less hard matchup to deal with.

anyway, im thinking of going to norman tomorrow. anyone up for something?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I voted no.....until I see major tourney results like 1. MK 2. MK 3. MK 4. MK 5. MK then I probably wouldn't vote for a ban, not that I know much about brawl.
Yea...stop retiring, have fun, play some game, hang out, go pro, drink breast milk.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Just a little heads up Wil, if you ever need Bryan to do something, remind constantly. lol.
lololol thanks for the advice Kevin XD.

@Chris
Remember when you were at my house and you said I look like a Snake main? Lol I got tons of the same replies about that.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Also, Hanson, when you said the vote was close, did you mean that it was close to counting for a ban? Or close to being 50/50? I would assume the former, since 60/40 is the only thing that is meaningful in this case, but eh, thought I'd ask anyway since 50/50 is what is traditionally considered "close."

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I'm going to try and keep this short, and simple, but well, you know me...

Metaknight IS INVINCIBLE. Metaknight players, however, are not. Simply because they are human, and human beings are fallable; they make mistakes. That said, there is a way that one can win with Metaknight that requires very little risk involved for the player. Most people do not play this way, because it is a ****ty and lame way to play.

Because my good will and kind nature have been almost completely drained... I will break from my code and show you how its done. I almost did this last year, but decided to tough it out as I always do and find a way to win in my style.

However, at the moment, I can not play in my style and expect to win. The way people approach this game these days is quite repugnant to me. People actually get off on seeing how far they can push rules limiting stalling, planking, and other such tactics. Techniques that in the old era would have gotten you ridiculed and ostracized. Now everyone does these things and thinks its funny... I'm not laughing.

I talked about my style earlier. My style is to apply enough pressure on my opponent to get them to make a mistake that I can punish. These days, its all about sitting in your shield and using an invincible-on-startup-Up-B to escape, or spotdodging 18 times in a row. Nobody fights each other, they just run out the clock.

It's a coward's game. One I've refused to participate in due to ethics. Scrubbery 101, I know, but I've been mildly successful doing things my own way. I've always been respectful to all styles of play, but this new-age cat and mouse... No, it's not even cat and mouse, it's catch me if you can now... is stupid to me.

Yawara is right. It all boils down to selfish reasons why I want Metaknight gone... I am a relic, a dinosaur from a forgotten age where skill and experience always triumphed, it still does sometimes, but there are times where all the knowledge and skill in the world can't save you. This what it means to play against Metaknight with Luigi.

"Oklahoma doesn't have a problem with Metaknight..." Only because our best player is a pro-level Peach main who once refused to use the Blue Ball out of principle, and the only Metaknight mains we have are not yet skilled/knowledgeable enough to play Meta correctly. (No offense, Bryan/Will/Deezy, but it's true)

I don't care where you stand on Metaknight. I am concerned that there are people in this community who are either too naive, stubborn, blind, greedy, foolish, stupid, malicious, or some combination of all of the above who thinks there is nothing wrong with allowing the SNK Final Boss known as Meta to run rampant.

I apologize to anyone I offended, but I wanted to clear my head of the maddening rage that fills my heart whenever I realize that people who don't even play this game competitively are in the backroom clasping their hands together and plotting to destroy the spirit of this community.

That's why I am ending my competitive journey; Because I don't like what this community's 'leaders' are turning us into, and I don't like what I have to become in order to win.

Peace.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
"Oklahoma doesn't have a problem with Metaknight..." Only because our best player is a pro-level Peach main who once refused to use the Blue Ball out of principle, and the only Metaknight mains we have are not yet skilled/knowledgeable enough to play Meta correctly. (No offense, Bryan/Will/Deezy, but it's true)
If it involves gay camping ****, then I don't want to. If not, show me this power.

Shade_

Smash Ace
BRENDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you, but I'm too lazy to show it, in my facial expression or words. But you're not the only one that feels that way.

Don't go! It's to quiet in tournaments with out you! Honestly though, like, please don't go man. I felt the exact same way you do when I started loosing to Chris's Peach in melee continuously. I was fed up with taking 16-40 instant damage with 1 down smash, and being chain grabbed from 0 to 110, to death, just to come back next stock, get grabbed, and lose the match with out getting so much as 50 damage into him.

Do you know what happened after months of that? I stopped caring about ever keeping the title as best smash player in Oklahoma. "If I have to practice 6 hours of video games a day to keep up with the new king of smash, I resign." Were my exact thoughts.

Months after that, all the people I could beat with out trying started thinking and playing smart and faster, they were know beating me even when I tried my best. Chris, Brett, Bryan, Alex, Andy, and Coty. I couldn't win against them anymore, so guess what happened after that. I stopped caring about being competitive, and gave up any thought of taking back top spot, I gave up the idea of placing in serious tournaments, and I gave up the idea I stood any sort of chance in competitive smash.

I gave up being competitive, I've still given up on it, and I don't intend to get back into the competitive smash scene (melee or brawl). This is also the reason I am so apathetic when people call me out or beat me, (it's just another better player than me, why should I be surprised)? I play casually, when it's convenient, and just as a way to relax from my 3D stuff with friends and laugh or scream at a few games of smash.

In some ways, it let me start to see the game from a relaxed perspective, and I could see and do things I couldn't before. Loosing meant nothing anymore, but it was still fun to play casually. It still is.

Now, here I am still, defeated and carefree about the game, I'm not the best anymore, I'm not even second, I'm just another player. The reason I practice (occasionally 10 to 20 minutes a day in between brakes from modeling) is only so I don't let my team mate down, and so I don't let my crew down in the battles. But aside from that, I'm fine with the fact I will never be a pro. You shouldn't retire, just stop being competitive, and play for fun, who cares if you lost. It happens, sometimes a lot, but we still like you.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
EPIC TRUTH
Man, Kuni. You will always be my favorite player of all time, even if you STILL can't spell my name correctly.

That is ultimately my one, true problem... I care about winning too much. When I say I'm leaving this game, I mean the competitive side of it. I've tried to do it sooo many times before in the past, but stubborn pride keeps me from truly letting go of my competitiveness.

I have a chip on my shoulder the size of Texas... I KNOW I'm one of the best Luigi mains in this region I KNOW IT. I just have never been able to prove it. That's really the one last thing that pushes me to try so hard... I need to know, that before I let competition go, that I can stand with the big kids.

I realize I am probably past my prime, and that I will more than likely go down in flames like I always do in the next few weeks, but **** it all, just the thought of taking out a bunch of people with MY character, in MY style, makes my blood blaze with vigor.

Logic dictates that I am asking too much of my character, of myself... But my spirit, my passion for perfect execution and flawless tactics... The only thing keeping me standing in this competition, WILL NOT ALLOW those thoughts to consume me.

This is why I HAVE to stop competing, because I can't deal with this dichotomy any longer; The side of me that just WILL... NOT... GIVE... UP... EVER... and the constant nagging of my logical side are tearing my soul apart. I've got to walk away from competition, because the weight has finally started to become too heavy:

At first, it was merely a tough load, but I could handle it, then it became too heavy to carry, so I began dragging it, and now, I am just too exhausted to even pull it just a few feet without becoming completely exhausted. The unstoppable engine that is Po Pimpus has finally, after nearly a decade, RUN OUT OF GAS...

It sucks so much to have the heart of a true champion, and the skills of a three-year-old...

To love something so much that you pour everything you have into it, only to have it spit in your face and ridicule you for being yourself, for doing what you believe in... I would never turn my back on you guys, the friends I've made sucking in Smash are too precious to just walk away from, but the competitiveness in me has to go...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Honestly Brandon, this has nothing to do with you personally cause you know I love you, but like, I don't think I'm ready to hear another retirement speech followed by a comeback one.

The first time I came to Oklahoma, Andy, Pablo, Brandon, Babac, and Paemon all retired simultaneously. I thought I did something wrong when I first came here cause when half your PR suddenly disappears as well as Alex and Coty moving to other states, you gotta figure there's something wrong with your competitive scene. Only that retirement phase blew out in like a day, and we all got along well.

Then came the rest of the retirement speeches.

Really, it's not my business at all to call people out to stay retire or to reconsider their thoughts on what they want to do, but you have to admit it's pretty BS when the drama on this board revolves around the issue of XYZ retiring every few months.

When I say I don't care, I like mean I really do not care anymore. It's infinitely less tragic knowing someone's leaving when they say they're doing it the millionth time.

Again, this isn't something personal cause I love you man. I just don't care anymore. I'm sure we'll see each other around though since I'm wanting to play Jin in BB, but like, let's face it.

You're not really going to retire lol I'll see you sometime next week.

[edit]

I went ahead and voted yes to the ban. Not because it's a question of necessity, but because I do think the character is broken. Will competitive brawl improve without him? Can't say, but it won't do nearly as much damage as good. At least now being a Marth main is like reasonable for me, maybe even PT?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I want to play this weekend. I'll even drive down to Norman if I have to, which actually isn't such a big deal for me now that I've done it once.

I want to try out BlazBlue, too. I want to use V-13 or Arakune, but probably more so V-13 since Brandon already uses Arakune.

And like, there really isn't much sense saying you're going to retire from something like this; it's not like you have a binding commitment to play in tournaments or whatever, so that's just like putting in effort to keep yourself from doing something you normally enjoy. It's too much of a restriction. If you were an MLG Pro, it'd be different, but I mean, for the most part we just go over to each other's places and play, as well as host the occasional tournament. I don't really see how someone who knows us as well as Brandon can really "retire" from something like that, unless he was going to pull a Pablo, but I mean, only Pablo can do that, and even he shows up occasionally.

And yeah, Brandon, I do think that you are one of the best Luigis in this region; you're the only one I can imagine charging forward B when I air dodge. Seriously, good stuff.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i remember when i wanted to retire way back when

it was because i wasnt having fun anymore which i think was because i was taking it too seriously to the point where i got upset depending on how i did.

then i realized i never really played to win anyway and thats when i developed the style we all know and love once i played the game like a game and it actually worked pretty **** well

also i really liked this
And like, there really isn't much sense saying you're going to retire from something like this; it's not like you have a binding commitment to play in tournaments or whatever,
but seriously i tihnk ive had more cars then the amount of people who actually stayed retired

and kevin, if it makes you feel any more like a badass, people still brag about your laser control and spamming. also i want my weights back

i dont really know where i stand on brawl right now except i have a lot of fun playing it and ill play all the ****ing time when i move to norman with a **** load of people. i think i got potential

so yeah, might come down tomorrow anyone up for something

and bryan has 1234 posts what the ****

bassem6

Smash Lord
Po probably is the best luigi in the region. I mean...are there even any other luigi mainers xD? But seriously, I was scared when I was playing you in doubs brandon. You were too good with those jab cancels! I'd hate to see you retire before I even start attending OU. Maybe we can help train each other when I finally go there! haha.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
I swear I will quit MK and main some trashy low tier character or main Pit if everyone just stays....

I just started going to tournies guys...

EDIT: I can't go to sleep thanks to this rain.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
It sucks so much to have the heart of a true champion, and the skills of a three-year-old...
that line literally made me lol

I wasn't expecting it, but blazblue turned out to be a lot funner than i thought it was going to be. Videos don't do it any justice... and Iron Tager is such a beast.

i would vote for the ban if it keeps the competitive scene thriving. i know im not a very involved player (for now), but even then i still like to play as if im aiming to be a pro. I don't mind messing around and playing for fun, but if someone wants to get owned, i'll jump to it in an instant.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Man, I am PISSED right now... I can't go to HOBO now... Having car trouble, and now my job needs me to work this weekend... AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!

I am seriously upset... It's like the universe just doesn't want me to win.

Hanson, I'll send you a PM with all the details. I hope this doesn't screw it up for everyone else that wanted to go.

Top Bottom