• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
LOL Bryan

I'm tired as hell, going to sleep. Hope everyone had fun and wants to go to the next monthly.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
good games were played by everybody, who won teams? I really need to learn that peach match up in case chris decides to bust her out again. Also need to work on my wario gimp, only worked once out of 5 matches :ohwell:

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
heh yeah, powa is a favorite of mine as well. When are andy and billy going back? I need to win against bwetts diddy once :(

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
YAAAY I'm a favorite!!! XD Dude Yawara next time I'm hosting a smashfest you have to come man. I need to learn that Snake match-up. Lol Daniel our match was intense man never had a big crowd around me all hyped waiting to see what happens I loved that feeling. And where is the Dallas thread so I can give my nugga DPhat and Bwett a shoutout.

Oklahoma smash scene is so awesome.

This is PowaStar by the way.

ZOMG Melee texture hacks!? I WANT THEM SOOOO BAD NOW!!!

link2702

Smash Champion
well folks, I enjoyed the tourny last night, but like I said before.....i just need a break from brawl, I'm just not able to concentrate much lately, I'M NOT QUITTING FOR GOOD! mearly taking a break, i've played it so much its not even funny, I just need a break from brawl, course even if I wasn't, I doubt id be able to make it to the next monthly anyway, there is only so many times you can ask off of work on your jobs most busy day of the week before the boss gets tired of it ._.; but i'll be back eventually, mearly taking a BREAK!

though it did make me happy and flattered to know folks were impressed with my arrow looping/control with pit, as strange as it sounds, I'd MUCH rather be remembered as the pit user that places low/mid in rankings, but everyone is impressed with by his control of arrows and the crazy arrow tricks he does, rather then be remembered as the pit user who places mid/somewhat high, that plays like a F*g and arrow whores like a mad man (even though spamming really is pits best option), is the generic stereotype of pit, and most people just generally aren't impressed with. :p also i'm glad some folks liked my link as well.

if i ONLY cared about winning, i'd just pick a high tier/MK and train with them, but i find the lower tiers waaaaaay more fun to use, plus it makes me feel a certain sense of accomplishment when I beat a higher tier with a low one. XP

anyway, i'll be back eventually, just need to take a break for awhile.

EDIT: btw, anyone who wants to see where i got my arrow inspiration from, and how deadly they CAN be when mastered, watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB5x6vXNQPQ the guys a ******* and nutcase when you talk to him, but I definatly don't doubt his arrow skills.

Gravity

Smash Ace
im actually feeling really good about brawl after friday.

might be down in a week or two to play some more/chill out

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Ok folks I'm going to host a smashfest next week I don't know for sure what day but I wanted to hear from you guys the majority of what day I should host it on.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah Will, you left your phone in my car.

"If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics."
-Richard Feynman

bassem6

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Young deezy- Fun teaming with you and pulling some awesome team combos off and winning doubs. Sorry we cant team for oh snap =(

Yawara- gg's in doubs and fun friendlies. I think your better and better every time i play you.

powastar- Nice meeting you. Hopefully, we'll get some games in next time.

Kuni- Dair to u-smash with fox is a *****. GGs in doubs! Best fox in OK!

Hanson- Your way funny. (to young deezy)"oh ****! Your playing ice? YOUR GONNA GET WRECKED!" I just found that really funny haha. And That was good match we played even though your y button was stiff xD

Po pimpus- GG in teams. I was quite scared of getting shoryukened by you. Your really good with those jab cancels!

Kpeezy- First time playing you but you've got a pretty nice marth. GGs.

Chris- Dayum man! My heart was beating hard the entire time we were playing. Great games and schweet peach. I WILL win next time =)

Chuck- Great games as usual. I think I have gotten better with the gnw matchup since the last time we played.

Tom- Great matches! Your falco scares me sometimes. I need to get better at that matchup. Thanks for cheering me on haha

Paul- good games in doubs! Your gonna have to come over sometime so we can practice up for oh snap!

Afro- I have played you in every tourney that Ive been to! haha. Good games and nice job beating my friend haha

Daniel- That one match against kpeezy was hella clutch! Sorry we didnt get to friendly again haha. Hopefully I can stay at your place for oh snap and we can get quite a few in.

brian- Only got to play you in doubs but we should play online some more. Our connection actually doesnt suck =O

Dphat- looking forward to money matching you at oh snap. We'll see just how much better dmg is than me >=)

Sorry if I forgot anyone!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
First of all, No I did not name search myself (It's actually harder than it looks to name search my name, so I don't even bother).

Bassem, you don't want to MM Dphat, well at least his Marth. Trust me I have a positive record against him and even I wouldn't be swayed very hard to MM him (aside from the fact that he is a fellow Dallas player.) If you MM him, ask him if you can MM his MK.

Also, how did the tourney go/who won? I'm too lazy to go look or even scroll leisurely through Smashboards to find this info.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Bobby, I've been planting phrases like, "terrorist," "pipe bomb," "Islamic extremist," "knives made from non-metal alloys," "fanning the flames of revolution," and "turban" all over this thread.

After twenty grueling months of searching and sleuthing, I have finally caught the TSA's #1 Most Dangerous Frequent-Flying Mustache.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Also, how did the tourney go/who won? I'm too lazy to go look or even scroll leisurely through Smashboards to find this info.
Tourney was good placings went as follows

1. Kos mos
2. Bassem
3. Me/Chuck Nasty
4. Dphat/Bwett
everybody else.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang Kosmos is too good. Props to you Bassem for second too.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
A-bit-more-complete results:
1. KOS-MOS
2. Bassem
3. Typ_Ex
4. Chuck Nasty
5. DPhat
5. Bwett
7. Zinth
7. FK
9. Afro
9. Shade (?)
9. Sars (???)
9. ???
13. Marc
13. ... Last. ???

Very nice recordings FK, thanks for doing this.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh, I'm sure Sars does. Btw, I was quite impressed by what I saw of your Pit. I'd like to play it sometime; the one time I did play you, you used Captain Falcon.

link2702

Smash Champion
Oh, I'm sure Sars does. Btw, I was quite impressed by what I saw of your Pit. I'd like to play it sometime; the one time I did play you, you used Captain Falcon.
heh...ya, c.falcon is like my third.

its pit, link, c.falcon, sonic and then it just kinda shifts around from there.

I know i'm almost always at a disadvantage with c.falcon, but like I said in that one post last page, I just have waaaaaaay to much fun using the low tier characters, and now with the goodness combo on rob with c.falcon, i'm more determined then ever to play him.

course like I also said....ima knda taking a break from brawl atm, i've just been playing it THAT much that i'm kinda tired of it atm, but when I do pick it up and play again, anyone who wants to face my pit i'll gladly face em, but just atm...i've played brawl so much that I wanna play some of my other games, definatly wanna finish conduit, they weren't kidding when they said its wiis best FPS, you can absolutly customize the controls to EXACTLY how you want em, so I can find that perfect style. I'd also be interested in melee a bit, course at that i'm REALLY gonna be bad, but I really wanna learn to get good at it.

like I said, i'll be back into brawl eventually but I really gotta take a break.:psycho:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'd money match Dphat's Marth. I'm 4-0 vs him in rounds XD He has tremendous brain farts when trying to counterpick me <3 Our games are always intense though, cuz he's a giant sexy asian guy.

And I'm pretty sure DMG name searched that ****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The only ones it would legally let me search for are DrMarioGuy and Deeehmgee lol.

No one freaking spells my name like that. DMG/Anything 3 letters long is too short to search for. Searching for words with gaps in them like Dr. Mario Guy also usually gets either an error or even if it's typed in the thread it will say "no matches can be found".

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah Will, I can drop off your phone. Do you think that I could do it tomorrow, though? That's when I have my physics for scientists (and engineers, too!) final, you see, and I would like to dedicate the whole of today to preparing for it.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Yeah Will, I can drop off your phone. Do you think that I could do it tomorrow, though? That's when I have my physics for scientists (and engineers, too!) final, you see, and I would like to dedicate the whole of today to preparing for it.
Yeah thats cool man.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey, Hanson, do we have a confirmed head count for going to HOBO? I know you said that the Tulsa guys+Paul/FK were interested, but are they for sure going?

I was going to ask all this on Saturday, but I was too busy getting pwned by Will/Deezy/Bassem...

Stay off my lawn, you young punks! *Shakes fist angrily*

For realz though, good games, and I'm really excited that OK has such a wealth of young, up-and-coming talent.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...Josh isn't going...and I haven't entirely decided yet...I do and I don't...

Do you guys still have the an extra seat in your car? Where would we be staying? Exactly when would we be leaving and from where in OK?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah...Josh isn't going...and I haven't entirely decided yet...I do and I don't...

Do you guys still have the an extra seat in your car? Where would we be staying? Exactly when would we be leaving and from where in OK?
Yeah, Hanson's supposed to be taking care of the sleeping arrangements, and as of now, the only people 100% confirmed are myself and Hanson. Everyone else is still straddling the will/won't go fence. No offense.

Basically, there's room for at least three other moderately-sized people, and I've got decent trunk space for our stuff.

Paul, you should go, man, it will be fun, fo sho.

Top Bottom