• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I'll be in charge, Pay$. So I'll be taking on the responsibility. Karl, would you guys be willing to offer up support in the form of TVs? You guys still have all those TVs, right?

And I'm going to take some side-action on that money match, lol.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
whoever hasn't been to one of emily's tournaments aroudn here, she is probably top 3 TO's ive seen

pay.$.

Smash Cadet
Melon if I had the money then I would but we will see. yea, id take that bet but I think that YOU should think about who u choose to MM because I'm classified as one of the worst in Oklahoma but Im the best in the state and have beaten a lot of great players and shown them y I can talk **** and back it up. **** being called the best! I show up and **** **** up.

:phone:
And if do have this OHSNAP resurrection THEN I'M GOING TO WIN IT ALL **** brawl

G. Vice

Smash Lord
If ya'll do a tournament, I will MM any and all of you guys with my Ganon/Fox/Falco. You choose.

I really wanna MM Pay$, his money would be the sweetest I think :)

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm interested in an OK tournament, of course.

I also really want to go to Emily's tournament. With Mega Bus. It's like Mega Man if he got turned into a bus. So it's probably called Rockbus in Japan. Cool.

I started playing SF4 today.

something something something

10somethings

5millionsomethings

infinitybillionsomethings

iwsfwa83fhwa389twa983utw9

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I got $20 on ANYONE vs. Pay$

As far as I know, I will be going to that emilywaves tournament.

edit: Brian, SF4 is kinda clean cut like Smash64 (which i think you'd like), who did you use?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
who wants to take me to go win that scrub dallas tourney? :)
i have both munies and advance notice of a tournament...this hasn't happened in like a year. i am down down down to play melee with texans, i know some cool ones.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Also, Brandon, mid-October is good as there doesn't seem anything the OOSers are planning. We should get the word out so other TO's will be aware to avoid unnecessary competition. Student Union still the main candidate?

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
U about to lose a lot money then

Hey I don't wanna hate, but i can make a killing :)
Where are the OK melee peeps? We will go, but don't want to travel to Oklahoma just to play each other and Arkansas.
Edmond (hazy+outlaw crew) and Norman by itself is enough for a local melee tournament I think, though unknown OK players seem to pop up to events as well. Po pimpus, me, and Pay$ are OKC.
And an IC player in Moore.

Chris, Matt still in for Melee?

DualCats

Smash Ace
Where are the OK melee peeps? We will go, but don't want to travel to Oklahoma just to play each other and Arkansas.
People have been unrealistically pessimistic. There are enough of us for an adequate crew battle. Chez Yawara alone is a pretty decent crew.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yawara alone will stomp most states.

Also, let's play this weekend, maybe Friday night?, cause I wanna get some games in.

Chris still has to show me P4, and I wanna get on that Marvel as well as play more of those characters I do in AE.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
oh i see, no one wants to play p4a with hazy :(

also, don't forget that hazy's strong suit is bringing in OOSers. if ok puts a real tournament together i will work on bonuses including a bonus pot and we'll aim for 25 or more OOSers like the intimikill series. intimikill series was very unique in that no oklahomans showed up to either LOL. i miss the east coast >.>;

oh, and chris, i missed your text the other day, things have been crazy with school starting back up, i've had to spend all day at school all week like it's high school, but my schedule will be finalized and i'll get my dispursement tomorrow, so things should be dandy and i will hit you up with a schedule and plans for some hangout times soon

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo actually **** that, let's just meet lol

I haven't seen you in forever when we used to see each other every weekend

pay.$.

Smash Cadet
I think OHSNAP resurrection is better

BTW vega I could kick your *** at smash with both hands on fire and tied behind my back

Denti

Smash Master
TOURNAMENTS!!!!!

REVOLUTION 12 IS THIS UP COMING SEPTEMBER 1ST!!! It is to be held with Sethlon's and UTD Zac's Project M tournament. Singles and doubles for both games. Also DAKPO is CONFIRMED for this event!!!

NOW IF YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT DATE...

Revolution 13 will be September 22nd held at Emily's Melee and UMVC3 tournament! I will also be holding a Smash 64 side event. SO THAT MEANS Brawl, Melee, Smash 64 and Marvel! Get some hypeeee!!!!

Multiple game tournaments are for cool people, and you got what it takes!! Come be a cool kid! ...lol.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
*Sheds single manly tear, Kenshiro-style*

Good ****, Oklahoma! I knew you guys wouldn't let me down. Alex, if there's something going down this weekend, we should meet up and bounce ideas around. I don't want to make an official tournament thread until I know we have everything lined up. If this is going to go down, I need the full support of everyone in the community.

Another thing I was concerned with is if we hold it in Norman, we need to schedule around the OU Football games, because we all know how much of a ***** it is trying to find parking and stuff on game day. So we may have to move the date up to the first weekend in October rather than the middle.

Alright, peeps! Let's get it!

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
whoever hasn't been to one of emily's tournaments aroudn here, she is probably top 3 TO's ive seen
:3

Well I hope all yall can make it down. Esp with Denti running Brawl, everyone should make it down, no johns.

I'm starting to think about having a P4A setup too....

People have been unrealistically pessimistic. There are enough of us for an adequate crew battle. Chez Yawara alone is a pretty decent crew.

Did someone say crews??? Ohhhh maybe I nice city v city crew battle is in store.

pay.$.

Smash Cadet
Yea Idk about that he's mad because the last smash fest he went to didn't have enough smashers and now he is declared himself done with it and honestly I can see why

Top Bottom