• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
lol to be fair, smash is an extremely easy game to pick up relative to other fighters. but yeah hes pretty boss, and brutal, and black.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
lol to be fair, smash is an extremely easy game to pick up relative to other fighters. but yeah hes pretty boss, and brutal, and black.
I have to agree to this if you mean the smash series in general.

I have no clue to how much depth traditional fighters and smash have, but learning melee competitively was a lot easier for me. In fact I'm STILL not at a competitive level at any fighter. If I went to that Melty Blood tournament that Chris gone to I would've placed last, and that's the Fighter I'm 2nd best at, HDremix being my 1st.

I still really like Melee and I still want to get into Brawl (mk or no mk), so don't take it the wrong way. As soon as I'm a free man in June, I'll be all about esports, as I'll also be doing a lot of research for my projects.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
pabloooooo

so march 3rd...anyone interested enough to drive? i can throw down money for gas, snacks, entertainment, etc.

would be a refreshing break from my recent tf2 focus.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I can probably offer my vehicle for this. Work is easy to get off. As long as there is at least one additional person with a license and generally enough people to defray gas costs. Are we going to try to get out there and back in one day? I don't want to count on people like me to wake up early enough to make a three-hour drive before 11am. Can we get housed? Who is the bat man?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

BLACK AMERICAN DREAM

YES WE CAN

I love Chris

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I could possibly make the March 3 tournament.

Props to Chris for going out to the Houston tournament we all forgot about lol.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
pabloooooo

so march 3rd...anyone interested enough to drive? i can throw down money for gas, snacks, entertainment, etc.

would be a refreshing break from my recent tf2 focus.
Where was your cross assault submission? Team Tekken!

I wish I can make it to the roundrobin(?), looking forward to the results.

Anyone else thinks that SFxT looks really friendly for melee-esque juggles?
I'm expecting a lot of possibilities through ex moves (wall/ground bounces) and tag cancels.

I'm hoping for some 2v2 tournaments finally.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It just totally warms my heart that this was done behind closed doors, no doubt in wake of anti-abortion advocates and republicans getting their ****s smashed back to them when the public lambasted the bills in public votes in Mississippi and Colorado. It gives me full confidence in the legal system to know that the insane right will force this legislation in through any way necessary if they are opposed by the majority.

Virginia passed the same bill last week (behind closed doors too, conveniently enough). Republicans there are also trying to pass a law that would effectively legally permit the government to **** a woman via a transvaginal ultrasound, if a woman seeks an abortion. the legislators admit the bill is not medically necessary since the passed personhood bill forbids abortions anyway; they just want to further dissuade the option of abortion, through a discreet "insult with injury" edict. This could happen in OK too.

I am just so utterly sick and disturbed by all of this. I want to take action, but i fear it's too late, considering how right/deluded the OK senate and house is. Best that can be done is to wait until the next election to boot them out of office, but by that time the damage will already be done and the Reps and Catholics can wave their arms in glee knowing they've successfully implemented law in the style of a corrupt interpretation of the bible.

:phone:

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i am writing a mass e-mail to everyone who voted on it, letting them know they are all heathens unless they also implement bills to ban fish on friday, mixed fabrics, being of another religion, and shaving a beard. the entire 5-issues-from-the-bible part of american politics makes me want to move out of here even faster than i already am.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I would like a copy of said email so that I can deliver it to all of them myself. Make this a chain mail brigade somehow.

I'm prepared to engage in civil disobedience if need be.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
10th Amendment.
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, not prohibited by it to the Staes, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Article VI
"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the Land."

So according to that amendment and the article, The Roe V. Wade decision cannot be overturned or disregarded by any other law, since the Supreme Court has the power to declare decisions as law.

Effectively, the Personhood amendment is illegal and unconstitutional. HOW DID THE OK SENATE ALLOW THIS TO PASS THROUGH.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Hoa du i plae thiree fawx?
It seems to be written in a language known as "Internet." I understand it to say,
How do I play ____ fox?
I can't rightly translate the adjective, if someone else could though we'd have the complete translation. This would be a major inroads to deciphering and understanding the language as a whole. Won't someone please help?!?

FoxstepCEO

Smash Rookie
I wasn't sure how to spell 'theory' in 1337-t3rne75, or however. Fear not, I will no longer speak in codes, dang government and their mixups. What?

Are there any games going on this weekend? I'll be driving up to OK and curious if there's any happenin's goin' on.

Pinkie Pie: You can ask Chris, I tend to excel at making people confused, like, a LOT. Also I think Brandon and Pablo can attest to that too. My mindgames don't stop once the power button is off, bo-JAM! But yea it'll be cool to hang with you Dallas, Fort Worth, DFW/whatever the region is called folks.

DualCats

Smash Ace
my boss he be like "go home. karl, you sick :<"

so I have today off. I'm going back to sleep until someone wakes me up to play smash.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
When is Oklahomo coming to play Arkansas again? Me + Arby will take any combination of team OK can throw at us.

Also, my fox is requiring 10$ from mister DuelKatz and Gravity.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
We were apparently going to play tonight, but I don't know about that.

Either way, I need to complete assignments for tomorrow, so I may or may not go.

Top Bottom