• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Six Snorlaxes with metronome so I can stealthrock, spike, baton pass, shadow tail, and softboil myself all day.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
LOL

Alex, your new avatar. Michael and I were saying Brett or you should be that yesterday.
ironic because zangoose and delibird are both 2 of my top 6 pokemon picked purely on looks/behavior :D
(cubone, jolteon, lugia, and garchomp also rule. if fire were still my favorite type arcanine would be in that mix somewhere, he was beast in the first gen cardgame.)

also, i do have a friend who plays the game competitively, and i'm chilling with him tonight. 2nd in the state at last year's tourny, and he recommends diamond :D but play red first, i think, if you've seriously not played anything before.
another kid who went to my high school has been to the TCG world tourny like 5 years in a row, wtf.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
The funny thing is that this is almost true.

I should start making a good team in my Diamond Version. I think the team that I had planned out before, years ago, consisted of Dusknoir, Togekiss, Porygon-Z, Magmortar, Gallade, and Vespiqueen. If that is the case, however, I'm not sure why I included two normal special sweepers. I think I want to use Alakazam, though, because Alakazam is awesome.
Magmortar and Vespigueen aren't good enough to hang with OU tiers (lol stealth rock). I recommend dropping those two and picking up Salamence and Blissey. If you want to run Alakazam, then drop Porygon-Z, but PZ is much better in OU right now than Alakazam is (since he doesn't get insta-****ed by Dugtrio unless he's locked onto Thunderbolt with Choice Specs/Scarf). However he's worse against Heracross, but you have Dusknoir for that. I assume the togekiss would be a Nasty Plot passer which means you would benefit from having a Special Sweeping or Mix-sweeping Salamence to backup PZ.

Gravity

Smash Ace
its still cool to meet up at toms place later?

if so, its a smashfest that is also for celebrating my birthday

ill get there probably around 10:30 so yeah

show up

FK1

Smash Journeyman
If you touch my food, I will rip your sternum open and take the food back before it even reaches your stomach....Just throwing that out there.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Sorry for the late post but....

SMASHFEST @ FUTHAMUCKIN LIL WILL'S HOUSE TODAY YALL!!!!!!!

My Phone Number: (405)-509-1851 If you need any questions about somethings (directions, more tvs etc. call me.)

Adress: 2800 Blue Qual Pass

Directions for everyone who lives in Norman: Driving directions to 2800 Blue Quail Pass, Edmond, Oklahoma 73013
36.7 mi – about 46 mins
Suggested routes
I-35 N
36.7 mi 46 mins

I-44 E
38.7 mi 46 mins

OK-74 N
43.1 mi 54 mins

Norman, OK

1. Head north on Jenkins Ave toward E Constitution St 0.9 mi
2. Turn left at W Lindsey St 2.1 mi
3. Take the ramp onto I-35 N 18.4 mi
4. Continue on I-235 N 5.0 mi
5. Continue on US-77 N 4.6 mi
6. Take the exit onto John Kilpatrick Turnpike
Partial toll road 3.9 mi
7. Take the exit toward May Ave 0.4 mi
8. Merge onto W Memorial Rd 331 ft
9. Turn right at N May Ave 1.3 mi
10. Turn right at Blue Quail Pass

Um if someone can please bring and extra TV and a wii with a another copy of brawl so at least four-six people can play.

@ Tom: Remember when you said you did that texture hack thing for me but you forgot to bring hte SD card for me to use it? Well can you try your best to not to forget it this time lol.

PLEASE COME @ AROUND 6:00 P.M.

-Thank you

Scud

Smash Apprentice
So I like Paul now, and Haley.
It was awesome seeing Andy, Chris, and friends :).
Chris those dittos were really fun, but I think your peach and fox would take you farther.
Kuni, learn NU.
Alex where you at?
Intimikill.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
So I like Paul now, and Haley.
It was awesome seeing Andy, Chris, and friends :).
Chris those dittos were really fun, but I think your peach and fox would take you farther.
Kuni, learn NU.
Alex where you at?
Intimikill.
i was under the impression there was melee today.
yesterday i smoked and got my drink on with some friends and my gf
tonight i guess i'll probably end up doing that too, then.
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Lmao Hyper. "Yo Kanye meme iteration, I'm really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Hyper's iteration was one of the best iterations of all time."

If you touch my food, I will rip your sternum open and take the food back before it even reaches your stomach....Just throwing that out there.
JUST SAYIN'.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
lol MK got nuthin' on dis state. we top tier~!

we spammin' that tornado, 'course, we can't recover for **** afterward D:

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
So I got Balanced Brawl working on my Wii. ****'s legit.

And there is no Wisp, I don't know wtf you "Wisperers" were talking about. Probably something else.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Awesome man, I really want to try it out, so next time you go to a fest that I'm going to (which will be a while) bring your wii. I'll main Link in balanced brawl lol.

Also, I came to a discovery yesterday about what keeps me from winning a lot of matches. First off, none of my characters have a distinct advantage over any other character, They do, however, have many bad match ups. My best character is Wolf who at best rounds up with a slight disadvantage against most of the top cast and breaks even with almost everyone else. In the meanwhile I thought changing my main to other characters would enable me to do better overall, but that wasn't the case. I do have certain match ups I am extremely comfortable with against certain characters, despite the wide range of other characters the one I'm using doesn't fair well against though. Which finally lead me to decide that I will now have a set character I will used depending on my opponents choice from now on, while Wolf will continue to be my main opening character for the first round of tournament sets.

This is the best strategy I can come up with, and I think I'll do better in the upcoming tournaments instead of being stubborn and playing through with one or two characters only.

The only problem now is in crews, you guys will have to let me know ahead of time who you want me to wreck so I can choose my character according to that lol.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Lol I want mine pink too.... smashfest @ my house this saturday again hopefully people will come.... >.>

Oh yeah good news and all I have a car!!! But no license till feburary I got my permit sometime later ago but once I get my license I will be able to just go to Norman on my free will without having to worry about anyone picking me up.

Top Bottom