• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

GMo

Smash Apprentice
hey grant, whats your band called? and what kinda music is it?
Spincycle. It reminds me like earlyish to mid 90s alt-rock that doesn't sound really played out and stale (I hope so at least)...or something - I dunno.

I'd call it Alt-Rock. Check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/spincycletheband

These songs aren't mixed or mastered - they're just demos.

Edit: We spoke with the booking agent. Looks like it we might just hit 2 cities 2-8hours away from the Norman area on the weekends to feel it out - see what happens. Sounded like we'd try to do stuff like play in Dallas on Friday then play in Austin on Saturday and then come back on Sunday. Or play in Tulsa and then go to Lawrence/Wichita/Springfield.

Our guitarist's family owns a very prosperous company and they said we could take their ridiculous RV out when/if we need it which is too good.

Still not getting my hopes up too much though. I'll keep everyone posted.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Good ish Grant. When you guys take off, I can say that I knew you before you were famous, then, when you guys become mainstream and poppy, I can be one of those 'cool' hipsters and be all, "Yeah, they used to be alright back in the day, but now they've sold out..." LOL.

And, Hanson, last thing I'll say and then I'll get off your back:

You've brought more energy and passion to this little community than I ever thought one man could(or should, for that matter) You came to this sleepy, quiet little state, and with great vigor and showmanship, you showed us all how awesome Brawl could be. Every minute spent playing and talking with you has been incredibly enjoyable and memorable. Although I've not known you for very long, I feel like you're an old, old friend-- the kind of person you can always count on to put a smile on your face and pick you up when you're down. Thanks for always being there for this community and even bigger thanks for being awesome to everyone.

In short; we're all going to miss playing you, and just because you're dropping the game doesn't mean you get to drop the friends you've made playing it. Drop me a holla if you wanna hang, brother.

Now, just quit AFTER OHSNAP... We've got ***** to kick, and names to take.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
LOL. I think you guys misunderstand. I'm quitting the game competitively, but I'm not quitting my friends. Smash-fests and traveling and staying up all night with top-shelf talent and some of the coolest kids from this walk of life from all over the country have made up some of the best times of my life in the last year.

I'm just trying not to be completely delusional that the community will stay the same forever. Everyone that doesn't have aspirations to beat M2K will move onto greener pastures eventually. Most of you are 21 and younger, and many of you have even effectively grown up together since your mid-teens; I didn't jump onto the competitive scene until last year at 23, when I built the Brawl community from the ground up. I've relentlessly worked myself to get everything to where it's at, and have burned myself out many times in the process. My perception of competitive longevity is no doubt different from the rest of you.

I mean, let's be real: I've effectively put my life on hold for the last year to dedicate myself to this. I don't know how to move things forward anymore or keep it interesting for myself, so I guess it's now time to move on with the rest of my life.

It's not about whether or not I'm "having fun" anymore; that was never subject to scrutiny. It's just all about growing up, that's all.

But yeah. I'm fully support the idea of throwing in my last bit of effort into one last tournament. I'm down for that.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
this isn't really my thing, but it's way past cool that you're getting this opportunity. best of luck, man
Thanks man.

The music itself isn't the sort of direction that I would take if I were doing, say, a solo project. Most of you guys are familiar with at least some of the music I tend to enjoy. The music that is coming out today that I truly love doesn't share much in common with my band. I do have a lot of fun though. If I could turn this into my summer job, instead of having to work at a effin' golf course, that'd be a dream come true haha.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I guess just since high school i haven't really put my life on hold to play smash. Rather, it's just been part of my life. I want at least some time for hobbies, whether it's smash or something else, and friends.

I'm not really hyped up that often, but I still always would like to improve.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Thanks man.

The music itself isn't the sort of direction that I would take if I were doing, say, a solo project. Most of you guys are familiar with at least some of the music I tend to enjoy. The music that is coming out today that I truly love doesn't share much in common with my band. I do have a lot of fun though. If I could turn this into my summer job, instead of having to work at a effin' golf course, that'd be a dream come true haha.
im actually kinda digging this music

good luck being awesome.

i kinda want to be in a band but i suck hardcore. i guess ill keep practicing.

anyway yeah best of luck with that, sounds badass

also i get off work at two tomorrow, if anyone wants to do anything i might be able to

GMo

Smash Apprentice
You are the best musician in your band Grant. I enjoyed your performance the most when I went to see you perform.
Haha, thanks man.

I'm actually pretty happy with all the guys, now. Our old bassist and I didn't mesh well musically. He was into black/heavy/death/thrash metal and I listen to a lot of indie/post-rock/experiemental bands. As a result our section felt a bit awkward sometimes. He was kind of boring too (as a musician - nice guy though - kind of weird).

He left not too long ago and our new guy is a lot better. It is unfortunate that he isn't on the recordings. It is kind of intimidating to keep up with some the stuff he comes up with or his ideas sometimes. But we're on the same page musically so it should make for something better.

Anyway, I wanna play when I get back - after I get caught up with summer classes.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
=/ I know I don't know you very well and all after all I just moved down here or near here I should say.. But I defintelely know what it's like to be in your shoes, and you're right. Gotta go on w/your career you know.. I chose to give myself to the government, since there wasn't really much going on for me anyway, and the economy is really down the ****ter right now.. =/ Hopefully things go allrite..

Good luck Man! =]

also:

anyone playing today/tomorrow.. anywhere I should meet someone... I'm at Wichita Falls.. and I wanna do something.. I can get to you or you can get to me.. whatever is easier.. I'll pay Gas money both ways regardless.. I just wanna play you know.. =D (melee)

so's anyone playing today? or tomorrow? soon? this weekend I mean?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Melee?...........Yeah i'll be on the cpu all day.. umm Idk if i should leave a number... since this phone will be off startin monday.. but.. just lemme know as well.. plz..

military members only get weekends off.. "sniff'

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oh Snap Thread. In progress. Going up tonight.

O.H. S.N.A.P. 5: Le Thein's Last Stand!

Somebody call 911
Shawty fire burning on the dance floor
Whoa
I gotta cool her down
She won't bring the roof to ground on the dance floor
Whoa

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Just post in here when it goes up, so I can hype the **** out of it with my usual vigor and hyperbole.

Hanson, if this be our final hour, then let it be our finest hour!

*Dusting off an old relic*

GET BIG! MARIO BIG!!

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Melee?...........Yeah i'll be on the cpu all day.. umm Idk if i should leave a number... since this phone will be off startin monday.. but.. just lemme know as well.. plz..

military members only get weekends off.. "sniff'
Yo dude, maybe we can meet up tomorrow some time. Alex and Chris wanna come?
Btw I live in Norman.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So according to Grant, Falco's mostly black excluding the xander but what about Diddy? Gnes, GDX, Nynja, Ninja, ADHD, Marc, noy sure bout flip but srsky?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
But do you see the amount of black Diddy players? That's like 90%. And then dudes who love ***** which is Flip, Hanson, and I guess AA.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Ever notice how ALL Metaknight players are whiny/emo kids? I guess ******ry begets ******ry... LOL.

Also every Luigi player I've ever met is hilariously funny and over-the-top.

Hey, Hanson, GET HYPE, SON! In honor of your final epic tournament performance, I'm going beyond the impossible and will win OHSNAP in your name. After I take first, I'll be all, "I LOVE YOU, HANSON! WE DID IT!"

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ever notice how ALL Metaknight players are whiny/emo kids? I guess ******ry begets ******ry... LOL.
Uhh? And what about Infinity/Affinity/Dojo/Domo?

More like, Meta Knight players are obsessed with Kefka and like macaroni and cheese pizza.

There are also the people who play Meta Knight just because they completely whored out. Those are the ones you have the watch out for, the imposters.

Man, I forgot this was just a social subforum, lol.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hence the LOL after my statement. Just poking fun at Metaknight and his status as the Easy Button of Smash.

Besides, I can't wait to beat up on all the Wario posers that are going to be showing up thanks to the new Tier List... They have NO IDEA how bad I can **** up a careless Wario...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hence the LOL after my statement. Just poking fun at Metaknight and his status as the Easy Button of Smash.

Besides, I can't wait to beat up on all the Wario posers that are going to be showing up thanks to the new Tier List... They have NO IDEA how bad I can **** up a careless Wario...
I'll be amused by it as well ^_^

Top Bottom