• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
The thing about materia is the materia themselves grow but don't bind with characters so you're able to switch them with other characters.

And Crono Cross had great music, Trigger was just more fun that Cross is all, but I think it's a better RPG too :/ I don't think Trigger was overrated though, but I do think Cross was a better game.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
All I know is that, although Uematsu is brilliant, I think he has hit a creative block since FFX his music is still good, just not memorable anymore. They need to bring the dream team back for another Chrono Trigger is what they need to do.
I agree that, as a whole, his music isn't quite as good as it used to be. He does, however, have a few post-Square tracks that I think are on par with his old work (the final battle themes from Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, as well as some other tracks from Blue Dragon).

I don't get Peezy's avatar yet. That **** like hurts for me to look at <_<
My interpretation of it is that it's the Indian version of the stereotype that black people love chicken, being that Indian people love diamonds. So instead of "oh lawd is that some chicken" it's "oh Buddha (or whoever) is that a diamond."

i love 12 but i dont care about characters or story

also chrono cross has the best square soundtrack and the game is worlds better than chrono trigger

also i cant remember - with materia do you learn skills permanently, like when you get skills from espers in 6 and from items in 9? if so i dont like it; if not i do
I pretty much have the same sentiments about XI. With materia you have the skills only while the materia is equipped, so no. And I still need to play Chrono Cross. I think that Chrono Trigger is rather overrated as well, in the sense that I don't like it quite as much as the majority of people do.

Uematsu reportedly actually thought that the soundtrack for IX was his best work.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
look on the texas PR thread. lots of people love phantom x cause of it. or since he watches this thread, hell explain himself.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey, where is the OHSNAP thread at? I'm ready to start hyping this **** up, son!

Speaking of which, I'll be bringing a FULL setup (Wii, TV, Brawl, Power Strip, Sexiness, etc.)

Also, is anyone down to play today? Is there anything going on this weekend? Will I win? Will these questions never end?

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
I think since Hanson's inevitable laziness will never produce our magical thread I suggest that Yawara makes it under the tournament listings. Of course Hanson had already suggested this before...

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Heck, I'll do it if need be. Just give me all the important details(dates, start times, contact info, hotels, blah, blah, blah) And I'll make sure to add enough hyperbole and excitement to draw in attention.

I just want to make sure everyone in the Southwest KNOWS that this is the tournament to go to that weekend and has plenty of time to prepare. This OHSNAP is going to be home to my greatest performance ever, and I want everyone to witness the crowning of the One True King...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
eh? which one?
Xyro and a few others were talking about combining El Paso and RGV and picking one panelist from there, and the RGV people were WTFing b/c they're not close at all, and Magik even made a map and showed their locations on the map and how they're both ****ing far from San Antonio and in opposite directions... so I just spoke the truth... if you zoom the map out a lot, they're right next to each other.

I pretty much love all the FF games (except X-2 and XI [MMORPGS fail]). I enjoyed 12 b/c I'm a multitasker and I could pretty much set it to play itself. Right now I'm finishing through the DS remake of 4 so that I can go play FFIV: The After Years which I already have fully unlocked b/c the hacked Wii is god.

I still have to finish mastering 8 and then get my hands on 9 before 13 comes out and I'll have mastered every FF game to date (meaning filling all lists and getting all important/useful itesm... not stat maxing and ****).

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I say po should start the OHSNAP thread this time, he seems to have a way of pumping ppl up with typed characters (which is actually hard to do) XD

Also I'd be willing to do something this weekend, I gotta see how much better you guys have gotten
Just need a where and a when... and a ride lol
Preferably somewhere between Friday evening to Monday mo'nin

And as for rpgs, i gotta say Legend of Dragoon was amazing, not that i ever got to play through it all the way. The only time i got to play it was in walmart when i was little XD

... <.< how about that FFXIV?
already announced even though 13 isn't even out yet

Lol as Sonic you have to be loaded with mindgames to get a kill off.
That's all I've ever had XD

Gravity

Smash Ace
im far too excited to read through all that crap

i got my ****ing car today.

its like 300 a month after insurancce and the payment.

**** yeah this rocks. i might come down this weekend just to show it off.

also kevin answer your **** phone, i want to show you

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still have to finish mastering 8 and then get my hands on 9 before 13 comes out and I'll have mastered every FF game to date (meaning filling all lists and getting all important/useful itesm... not stat maxing and ****).
8 is easy if you know how to break the junction system and play a lot of cards. 9 will be a ***** because you have to speedrun it to get the best weapon...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
im far too excited to read through all that crap

i got my ****ing car today.

its like 300 a month after insurancce and the payment.

**** yeah this rocks. i might come down this weekend just to show it off.

also kevin answer your **** phone, i want to show you
*high-fives*
come to norman this weekend :D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, this is more our tourney which is why I want Hanson to do it, but yeah I'll give him till Saturday.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
8 is easy if you know how to break the junction system and play a lot of cards. 9 will be a ***** because you have to speedrun it to get the best weapon...
Don't forget about the missable and difficult-to-get key items like Athlete Queen for racing Hippaul to level 80 at the beginning of disc 3 (I couldn't do it even with my godly turbo controller) and also King of Jump Rope for getting 1,000 jumps in a row at the beginning of the game.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
**** it! You guys and your Final Fantasy crap is the reason why Square won't cooperate with Nintendo and give me a TRUE sequel to Super Mario RPG... Mario and Luigi is nice, but I wants my Geno!

Besides, everyone knows that VI is the be-all-end-all of Final Fantasy. VII got ruined by the fandom and constant whoring, VIII is cool, and IX is as well. X, I didn't take to all that well. X-2, doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned, and XI, well, MMORPGs = Epic Fail. XII is *Charles Barkley voice* TURRIBLE, and I don't know what to make of XIII, and XIV, well see my comment about XI.

IV and V were cool, and I haven't really spent any solid time on I-III yet.

Now, NO MORE FINAL FANTASY! THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT HOW AWESOME PO IS!!

Discuss.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
*Charles Barkley voice*

My golf swing? I know, it's TURRIBLE. I got the legendary Hank Haney helping me with that, I hit 1000 golf balls a day when he's coachin me.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
abusing the aura does make it pretty easy. but id say having a GF similar to knights of the round table would make it easier.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i had zell on my team. but if i had a choice between a guy who can punch, and 13 knights. id go w/ the 13 knights everytime. ill play today. hanson said he would too.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Took a practice MCAT today and averaged a 7 =(. My parents yelled at me. Noooo, but I want to go to med school with Phantom. DMG come to OH SNAP! I will house you and all of Dallas. Calling it right now.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
in my opinion, peach doesn't have alot of bad matchups. its just that peopel were ****ty w/ peach.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Took a practice MCAT today and averaged a 7 =(. My parents yelled at me. Noooo, but I want to go to med school with Phantom. DMG come to OH SNAP! I will house you and all of Dallas. Calling it right now.
What's the scale for the MCAT?

jesus how the hell did he do that? That matchup is even worse than it was in Melee.
If I knew how he did it, I'd be winning tournaments. I saw it, though.

i had zell on my team. but if i had a choice between a guy who can punch, and 13 knights. id go w/ the 13 knights everytime. ill play today. hanson said he would too.
But Zell can punch forever!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I got accepted at UTMB in Galveston, and deferred my enrollment for a year so I can finish my Business degree (plus I get the side benefit of more smash and a non-ridiculously stressful summer). Also by then they should have all their facilities rebuilt after Ike, though I hear that's already going along quite nicely.

THEY HAVE FOUR HOUR CLASS DAYS, HOW BADASS IS THAT!?

Top Bottom