• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
i'm pretty sure the diddy that beat me was ninja link, it had ninja in the name. But i meant like I don't feel as much pressure as I do when i play hansons diddy. Sorry if that sounded offensive dude, you are no doubt the better player between the two of us i just feel I feel I slip alot more whenever hanson plays against me.
Definitely wasnt me. There was some guy using my name over there. U prolly mean nynja.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yeah nynja, my bad confusing you lol.

I dont think you need to read much. The only thing that goes through my mind is "They are doing this" "So I will to that" Its like a mental formula, like you know if you see a shield grab it. I just have a particular reflex to my opponents attack, such as when they get close I can, run away or roll away, or run straight past them, then pick one and thats that, if i see someone on the platform i either nair or back air, I can't read worth squat and everything i do is just muscle memory reaction to what ever my opponent does, which is why its hard to do things i'm not used to, but i dont think you have set yourself up like this so i think you can learn new tricks faster.

I loose to good players as much as you loose to us, its not that different.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Cool gmo, if you need any help, tips or practice gmo your welcome to stop by almost anytime, i can't help you like hanson or other really good players but i can help you see the fight the way i do and how i go about attacking and defending.
So you cant even spend 3 hours with me because youre doing math homework but you can play video games with grant "almost anytime"?

that came off sort of aggressive sounding. i dont really care man, we just need to hang out some time.

anyway, psyched for dallas, texas is gonna get *****

Gravity

Smash Ace
Speaking of better players, when is the next smashfest? I'm trying to get you dudes on my level...

And I have an announcement: My partner KP and I will be taking our relationship to the next level. We shall be living together. We both have TVs and consequently we will have a dedicated Brawl TV and a bigscreen with Brawl capabilities. Expect early Janurary smashfests at the new apt when Hanson's place can't host or wants a break. That is all.
You have to hold a huge all night long smashfest to break it in.

and i never watched dragonball but i guess its fine. i think youre thinking too hard about it brandon, just play for playings sake.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
So is there going to be a fest tomorrow? I won't be coming Saturday due to school stuff...but I would love to hang out friday night....

A little SC would be nice too...but I'm definitely down for prepping you guys for Dallas. I so wish that were during Christmas break......

Brandon, I wouldn't mind giving you some tips.....I don't think you need to change characters.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think I've constantly told you not to switch. You just need to look at the game a new way is all.

Also, yes. That metaphor. We all had a good laugh yesterday.

Also, I only save triple stomping for my worst enemies, as such, I never triple stomp Po.

Gmo will feel the triple stomp though from my Snake when his apartment opens up.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I mean like, for an hour or two, cus i think i remember he said he goes to OU to, i dont go to a lot of smash fests because they end up taking 3-5 hours, i like to play for like 45 minutes, do math, maybe 10 minutes break, then model for a few hours and then play smash for another 45 minutes and thats. Didn't mean it like that though, but yeah sometime over the break we should hang out.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Might there be a get-together on the agenda for tonight? Will you being playing Melee (lame) given the tournament tomorrow?

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Might there be a get-together on the agenda for tonight? Will you being playing Melee (best game ever!) given the tournament tomorrow?
I'm down for both but my focus will be on melee today because of the tourny tomorrow. Also Pay$ if you are reading this, I'll probably head over to your house around 8pm or 9pm to pick you up. Be ready and bring a blanket or something because we will be crashing at Yawara's tonight.

EDIT: Yawara triple stomps me and double knees me :(.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Haha. Melee looks really cool - I played it super casually a while back. I'd play it if it didn't take 8+ months to get all the tech skills down.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
If there isn't a smashfest this evening some of my associates and I will be playing some smash and enjoying some of the finer things in life (Jack and Coke).

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
you heard it first from kuni...

balls with swords aren't cool.
Lmao. Your wit never ceases to astound me, Alex.

I'm tired of being OK's Krillin. I don't need to be its Goku, hell, I don't even need to be its Gohan or Vegeta, but I'd at least like to be on a Piccolo-like level...
Lol, at least you're not Yamcha.

I'm full throttle for Smash today, someone hit me up when it goes down.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
speaking of wit...i'm not tooting my horn since it took no skill, my brain just decided things should be different:

this is jamil's post about a story he was working on -
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6008703&postcount=50684

this is how my brain interpreted it when i tried to read it -
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6009667&postcount=50691

am i witty or am i a complete mess? probably none and both :D
i'll be working on the sig tomorrow, since i finally installed me some photoshop. stupid school firewall.
wu-tang.
good luck at the tournament tomorrow, guys! lemme get some live updates on how shiz is going down.
i had 5 bucks down on brett but he isn't going anymore :\
the rest of you hold it down and take home some cash :D

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hey thanks for the pizza andy. It was good, especially since I hadn't had a chance to take a break and eat that night.

bassem6

Smash Lord
You guys planning any smashfests for christmas break? My friend got his license so we may be able to come! I wanna see how I stack up in melee(Used to do quite well with falco) and of course play all of you in brawl!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i'm going to get banned for this sig violation eventually. it's instinctual to click the box. i can't imagine being a mod and watching every post like a hawk for each offensible thing. what a terrible, lonely life.

brett are you busy/still in school the 17th? i get home that afternoon and wants to have dinnerz with peepz i likez. and stuffz.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm going to get banned for this sig violation eventually. it's instinctual to click the box. i can't imagine being a mod and watching every post like a hawk for each offensible thing. what a terrible, lonely life.

brett are you busy/still in school the 17th? i get home that afternoon and wants to have dinnerz with peepz i likez. and stuffz.
Hmmm... that sounds awfully close to "disrespect for forum leaders"

Gravity

Smash Ace
Hey thanks for the pizza andy. It was good, especially since I hadn't had a chance to take a break and eat that night.
uh, what are friends for? come see me over winter break, bring a guitar.

uhh....? No update on the tourney....?
chris got second, doh won, chris and yawara got second in teams, me and bryan got fourth, noone else placed that i know of. it was fun though, only 150 minute drive so worth it in the future. also we got owned in the crew battle, everyone choked.

You guys planning any smashfests for christmas break? My friend got his license so we may be able to come! I wanna see how I stack up in melee(Used to do quite well with falco) and of course play all of you in brawl!
probably, they tend to be on fridays but i dont know whos going out of town for christmas and when. im sure someone can step up and host some smash

drew said only if you do it 6 times in 2 weeks. and if even if i qualify as one of those people ill probably be working until 10.

speaking of which, is anyone down for smash wednesday or thursday? i should be free. im down for brawl or melee, so yeah.

oh yeah, i forgot. we need to make SA happen, who all wants to go? kevin, even though you said jan 11 is the one day you are busy(wtf)you still have over a month to deal with that. try to come. everyone else, try to come.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I'm actually surprised that no one has posted about the tournament yet, lol. It was pretty fun. We got to the venue at around 10:30 AM, but it didn't open until 11 AM, so we went to Kroger's (Texas equivalent of Homeland?) until then. Once everyone showed up, crews were the first item on the menu. It would decided that I would start off, since Marth isn't really a counterpick character. Dallas sent out Rage, a Fox player, first, and we struck to Battlefield. I didn't do as well as I should, since I was really nervous and choked (I air-dodge SDed once) and think that I could have three-stocked him, but I ended up only one-stocking him. Then they sent out Jesi, a Falco player, who took me to Dreamland 64 beat me before I could take a stock off. In hindsight, I should have switched to Sheik for that match. Then we sent out Andy and they went to Pokemon Stadium; Andy took off the first stock, but later he ended up SDing twice and got two-stocked. Then we sent out Yawara who went Falcon on FD and beat Jesi without losing any stock. Then they sent Drew out, who counterpicked Mute City. Yawara, who, with the rest of us, though Drew was going Sheik, went Fox, but it turned out that Drew was going Marth and Yawara got three-stocked. Then we sent out Chris, who went Peach on Mute City and won with two stock left. Then D'oH counterpicked with FD, Chris went Fox and manage to take off a stock. Then we sent out Pay$ on FD, who managed to take out two stock but still lost.

Then came singles. I had a bye the first round, but I looked at my bracket and saw that I had to play the winner of Jesi and Pay$, so I went over to watch their match, Pay$ did well, but Jesi won, so then I played her. She beat me on the first game (which I think was at FD?), then I counterpicked with Yoshi's story and won, then she counterpicked me with Pokemon Stadium, and it was a close game, but I ended up winning. Then I had to play D'oH, who 2-stocked me with his Peach on Pokemon Stadium and then three-stocked me (I think it was a three-stock, that or two) with Sheik on Yoshi's Story. Then I had to fight Andy, who beat me at FD, I beat on YS, and then I barely managed to beat at Dreamland. Then I had to fight Poot the Box, whose Fox and Falco I beat in close matches. Then I had to fight Drew, who three (maybe two?) stocked me and then one-stocked me with Sheik, landing me a fifth-place finish. Chris ended up beating Bluezaft in winner's finals, and then Drew and Bluezaft threw their matches to D'oH by picking joke characters, sending D'oH to the grand finals against Chris, whom he beat 3-2 in two close sets.

And then there was doubles. Andy and I (Team Bromance) had to face Drew and Jesi in the first round, who beat us 2-1. We ended up beating two other teams, one of which was Gabe and his teammate, and then we had to play Drew and Jesi again. We won the first match on FD. Then, the second match, I don't even want to think about, lol. They counterpicked us at Pokefloats and went Fox/Falco, and Andy and I got a huge lead by gimping them. We eventually got it down to Drew with two stock, while we had like five, and we killed one of his stock, but then eventually Andy died and I had one stock, and I almost had Drew a few times but I freaked out and he eventually won. Then we counterpicked with Battlefield and both choked and lost. Chris and Yawara, who lost to D'oH and Bluezaft in winner's finals, beat them in the next round, and then lost to D'oH and Bluezaft again in the grand finals, taking second place.

Then, after playing friendlies some, we got some pizzas from Papa John's with some coupons we had purchased earlier, and went to eat them at like 10 PM at some weird Texas picnic areas. Then at the Oklahoma/Texas border, we went to DW's adult video store at Andy's urging, and I'll let someone else tell that story, lol. Then we made it back from Norman, and that's my end of the story.

Also, I'm down for SA. And more Dallas tournaments *hint hint*

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Yes, we most certainly are. I'm updating the OK Power Rankings list tonight, and I want to get you on there ASAP, but we just need to see a little more of you here in the next couple of weeks. This will be the perfect opportunity. Drop us a message here when you're done with school for the semester and we'll work something out.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, if anybody wanted to know about the tourney yawara went to

1st: TypEX
2nd: Le Thien
3rd: Chuck Nasty
4th: Bwamp

Forgot the rest, i want to say my brother made 5th, but not too sure.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Yes, we most certainly are. I'm updating the OK Power Rankings list tonight, and I want to get you on there ASAP, but we just need to see a little more of you here in the next couple of weeks. This will be the perfect opportunity. Drop us a message here when you're done with school for the semester and we'll work something out.
Oh yeah, if anybody wanted to know about the tourney yawara went to

1st: TypEX
2nd: Le Thien
3rd: Chuck Nasty
4th: Bwamp

Forgot the rest, i want to say my brother made 5th, but not too sure.
somebody down for brawl wednesday? or thursday?

i never thought the day would come, but im itching to play brawl.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I can't fall asleeeeeep . . .

So instead I'm listening to Beethoven. Man, he's too good . . .

Top Bottom