• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I think Yawara is just making fun of me and my 6487 retirements/subsequent comebacks lol.
lol ive seen quite a few of these

That happens to about everybody.
Marth vs g&w is easy, just counter all his smashes that have starting lag, and look out for the turtle and the cake, keep him off the ledge too...

And yeah, I'm thinking it's due time I stopped playing since it's basically screwed over my grades and all. Plus I gotta travel abroad, so it's more of a might as well.
NO YAWALA!

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
I try to keep him off but his up b his invinci frames on it...

And I try not to get hit my turtles but it just isn't that simple >___> im trying to find out HOW to get around them.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
lol if all of you guys stop playing melee then i pay$ will be the best in the state hell yes!!
That wouldn't be saying much, since I can still beat you, and I don't even play Melee anymore... ;)

Also, Yawara, next time I come down, I want you to help me dissect my gameplay. I'm serious at making a major run for at least Top Five in the next OK event, and probably Top 15 at any OOS tourneys.

Fine tuning my game, prepare to fear the pimpest again...

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Yo whats good guys? I'm gonna be coming over to Wichita Falls TX soon which is on the border of Oklahoma, and I definitely wanna play some people in melee.

My aim is cashmooney69, my myspace is myspace.com/warhammer666477 get at me.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yo whats good guys? I'm gonna be coming over to Wichita Falls TX soon which is on the border of Oklahoma, and I definitely wanna play some people in melee.

Yes, some Melee will definitely be in order. When exactly are you coming over here?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
And yeah, I'm thinking it's due time I stopped playing since it's basically screwed over my grades and all. Plus I gotta travel abroad, so it's more of a might as well.

Thinking it's high time I dropped the sticks and moved on. I'll post reasons why later.
the semester i played the most wow, my grades were highest. i have no idea why, but having 1 thing killing your time might seem like it gets in the way, but it might work as 1 thing that you can use to avoid work instead of 60 others.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman

I'll add you onto my myspace whenever I get off work bro. I'm at work at the moment >_>. My myspace is myspace.com/kosmos_ though if you want to go ahead and add me :).

sup yall im going to be in the yukon area in a few weeks

maylay maybe?
I'm down for that. Just send me a PM with your address and/or phone # so we can get lots of melee in. :) Also I like your avatar, Sailor Venus...gawd I haven't seen that anime in sooo long >___>.

pay.$.

Smash Cadet
(po pimpus); That wouldn't be saying much, since I can still beat you, and I don't even play Melee anymore... ;)

BS i MM you for FIVE big ONES!!

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Yawara I hear big talk about your eating skrillz so put em to the test son.

Challenge:

Where: Cici's pizza
When: Sometime in early-mid January (must be agreed on by both/all parties)

Rules:
(subject to change upon recommendations)

-Judges will be neutral parties that are not participating in the event and will be agreed upon by all contestants.
-Crust will not be consumed and will be used as a counting device. Judges will determine if the appropriate amount of pizza has been consumed off of the slice and then counted.
-20 minute time limit (adjustable upon agreement from both/all parties involved, also consider in the waiting-in-line time)
-Person with the most slices of pizza consumed wins. Their meal is then reimbursed by the loser(s). Each loser pays the full amount of the the winner's meal. (this implies that the winner could actually walk away from this with profit and not just a free meal if more contestants decide to participate)
-If any contestant"loses their lunch" then they are immediately disqualified and ridiculed.
-The winner is crowned Norman Smash Bros Eating Champion of the World.

If there is any amendments you'd like to add or if you want to change anything, let me know.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i still have an unopened (packaged) VHS of the first episode of sailor moon in japanese. i wonder if that is worth anything by now.
i would just use the money on other anime or something stupid anyway T.T i'm dumb.

anyone else besides andy want to do something in norman when i get there the 17th? i'm planning on mexican food and melee >.>; or is andy the only cool person left :(

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
i wonder if that is worth anything by now.
i dont know about japan but afaik nobody has the license to distribute sailor moon in non-japanese territories (or at least in the usa) so it probably is, to some hard core fan somewhere.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i still have an unopened (packaged) VHS of the first episode of sailor moon in japanese. i wonder if that is worth anything by now.
i would just use the money on other anime or something stupid anyway T.T i'm dumb.

anyone else besides andy want to do something in norman when i get there the 17th? i'm planning on mexican food and melee >.>; or is andy the only cool person left :(
i might just be. ill probably work that day though so i dont when ill be able to get down there. well see.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I kind of liked the cat the best out of all the cast, tuxedo mask was a ******, but out of the girls I think Sailor Moon was the best, probably cus I saw her the most.

And no offense po but I think your aiming to high when you say top 5 in the next big OK tournaments, I don't even make top 5 in our own small tournaments. I haven't placed in any tournaments since that first one years ago and yawara and hanson tell me they think I'm 5th best o_0? I'm just saying dont be mad if you cant make it, it happens and thats that.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Dont be fooled. Po has taken wins off of everybody today: me, hanson, chris, yawara, kyle, dam, and others i cant think of.

Also, I really enjoy reading your fanfic. I apparently have an abridged, 82 page version of it. But give me a week and i bet you can quiz me over any part of it.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, Po wrecked today, no joke.

I, on the other hand, am starting to reek <_<

And Alex . . . I might be leaving on the 17th >_>

Shade_

Smash Ace
In that case, go for it po, you can do it!

No what has YARAWA done?!?!?!? Why the heck are you reading that?!??! It has bad grammar! And Now that I look over it 2 years later I agree with everyone it has a very bad story!....AH!!!!

I think I just let my ego take over when I wrote it and I just stuffed all the things I thought were awesome, cliche, and cool into it, but back then I think i was a ****** going over it, I dont see how I thought about writing half the stuff in it. You should just forget about it and delete it from your computer.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i picked yoshi back up. rawr.

and on that same note i was thinking that po, you may wanna try doc for a while if you were really wondering about switching characters. obviously i'm not saying switch to a more top tier character or i wouldn't pick doc, i'm just saying that if you're trying to perform your best, all the mario brothers have the same old school style of play written into their metagame, and i think doc has an untapped potential that would take someone with a pimpin' level of 9000 to lockpick. just a thought, play around with him some if you get bored :p

well, it's 10:30 EST and i haven't slept yet. time to pass out and dream of which 'wich.

Top Bottom