• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
as far as tournaments go, i'll be planning a melee one for early july. i will have about $3000 to work with, since i have a sponsor for it :D
so i'm hoping to make it like FC, OC, or FAST. It would be 2 days in itself.
i'll be abandoning the OHSNAP title for something more festive though. OHSNAP belongs to to the brawl scene now, it's gone many places and it looks like it's in good hands now. i'd hate to steal a number off it right after hanson throws OHSNAP5.

i'd also be up to helping hanson for OHSNAP5 if he's planning a tourny in may/june. that sounds *****in. i'll do whatever, just remind me to lock my laptop and not let anyone hijack my job >.>;

but yeah, i'll be throwing my melee tourny in july, andy said he'd help host, i need about 3-4 more really organized and dedicated people to help me host this thing. planning will start in january.
and of course, i'll also help plan/organize/do whatever i'm told if hanson wants it for the next oklahoma brawl extravaganza :D

Scud

Smash Apprentice
man I suck at brawl, I almost feel like making my pikachu better...if hanson wants to help...
Starcraft...melee..

Gravity

Smash Ace
holy ****

I AM THE DINOSAUR THAT CREATED THE EARTH

I AM THE ULTIMATE RAZOR

anyone down for smash next week?

Gravity

Smash Ace
well that was funny last night when i was tired.

anyway, i could only get Saturday off, so well have to leave for Dallas in the morning and leave after its over.

i still dont know who is going to drive but someone who is has to keep this in mind.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I think i'll sit this tournament in dallas out, im broke after ohsnap, and i haven't practiced melee nearly enough lately, especially after getting destroyed by alex every match with every one of his characters, no johns though gg's alex. But yeah.

Gravity

Smash Ace
I think i'll sit this tournament in dallas out, im broke after ohsnap, and i haven't practiced melee nearly enough lately, especially after getting destroyed by alex every match with every one of his characters, no johns though gg's alex. But yeah.
dont worry about it man. if im going, youre going.

also, alex is better than most people in dallas and getting 1 stocked isnt getting destroyed.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, I'm about to get Melty Blood Act Cadenza and Melty Blood Actress again ( I think its on the PS2 >_>) and I was just curious if anyone had an interest of getting into that competivelty. I think I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Anyone know if Melty Blood is still popular or would I be wasting my time trying to get good >_>

Gravity

Smash Ace
ill come try it out, depending on if its fun ill see. i have no idea how active it is though.

ill call you either monday or tuesday i guess.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Well I just talked with Yawara and he said the community has died down...so I guess that means there is no point. Ah well, I still might get it just because...its Melty Blood >__>

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo Bryan, get those matches up! I'm getting requests from people from them.

Also, T_T I've been busy this whole week!! And I still need to do over the break homework before I get back, and I'm hoping I can get with 238 and people this weekend at least like once.

[edit]

YO BRETT:

Kyle Hendricks wrote
at 14:27
You need to get ahold of bret so we can play some starcraft before school starts again
Write on Kyle's Wall - Delete

Shade_

Smash Ace
Andy, man I know youd pay for me if i needed it, but im starting to feel really worried and bad about it, honestly i think if you still had every penny you let me borrow, youd have had a motor cycle by now. I'm aware gas isn't as expensive as it used to be but still, are you really ok with this? Cus I wont take it personally if you don't want to bring me.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well, I'll be sure to do my best this time for sure then so your money doesn't go to waste. Guess i should practice a bit tonight.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I've been uploading the OHSNAP4 vids as of about the last hour, so those should start coming up.

Also, I need Melee practice this week. We've got to redeem ourselves in the Melee crew battle.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
oklahoma melee crew is too good.
i won't be there to take out 3x the stock i'm given but if it goes down i won't be surprised if ok does some thwomping.

don't feel bad, kuni, when i play melee now i choose from like 1 of 15 characters to keep it interesting for me, so when i win with donkey kong or pikachu just know that i probably play them more often than you play fox. speaking of which, i'll be missing some good melee. but hey! monthlies at my place when i get back, and possible SPONSERED TOURNAMENT IN JULY! and i can't sell brawl short. i had a ton of fun last weekend, and hell, after kyle gave me some snake tips i sort of like the game. it's no melee or tekken 5 but i feel like i'm playing much more than a party game now, and so i play to win! :D

brett didn't come see me before i left :(
plus i left a phone charger at his apartment i think.
hazy will be back...DECEMBER 17TH! write that down, bizzatches. i wanna chill then :o
until then, off for my last week of classes, reading week, and test week. buzz buzz buzz.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I'm busy yawara sorry this time i procrastinated math for my break and sunday and monday are gona be catch up days.

Yeah its cool, I'm not bumed down about it alex, you play melee a lot more than I do in general but its been a while since people have beat me with link and pikachu lol. Which makes me think how the texas people will probably be just as good.

lol that did remind me a lot of brendan in that picture,

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
At least he spelled my name right Po.

Also, we have to play sometime this week. Although I'm ****ing busy cause I had no idea how much work I had to do up til like right this minute while talking with Tom. OH MY GOD.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I AM!

Except there's a tourney in TX that does the same thing at the same time. Still, going to Georgia sounds BA.

pay.$.

Smash Cadet
hell yes, me too

and who am i going to drive with and you guys know that babac cant come right?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
A trip to Georgia would be fun, but cost considerations have to be taken into consideration; I still owe Brett money from Event 52.

However, is OU still on winter break during the 17th and 18th? If so then that would be a pretty cool idea.

Edit: So who wants to crash my dorms and play Smash today?

Gravity

Smash Ace
alright, heres the deal. I work at until 10 friday, so im gonna head down to norman after that, i guess to yawars place, and if not there than kevins dorm.

im guessing were leaving early in the morning. also, i have to be at work at sunday at 3, so yaeh. someone whos driving please take that into consideration

also i dont know about january because i dont know if il lhave money.

Top Bottom