• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
GT-I would ask for a bit of money, less than usual, but a bit more.

I think I am too high for the reason of I don't want to be that high to start with. Chuck Nasty is definitely better than me, so I should be 4th, not him. Even though we both prefer to stay very low key.

I may hang my hat up when it comes to brawl outside of oklahoma. Yesterday's tourney was great, but it lasted longer than I could have handled. I wish one day was dedicated to pools and another was dedicated to the actual tourney.
Also, I came across some very rude people from out of state. I only liked/was impressed by 3 people from texas. Else everybody I didnt meet or was on the receiving end of something not very polite. I was very turned off from brawl after yesterday's crew battle in particular.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Really? I liked all the OoS players I met. But some do come off as a bit pretentious I suppose.

And you ain't too high.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Wait why am I first on the PR? X_x I think Hanson should be higher than me...unless I'm looking at the wrong list. I don't use high tier characters...I should be like 5th or something.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Under closer inspection, I think me and kos mos were looking at the wrong list. Although I don't see the right one.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Wait why am I first on the PR? X_x I think Hanson should be higher than me...unless I'm looking at the wrong list. I don't use high tier characters...I should be like 5th or something.
Im not even in the power rankings =(. (then again, I've only been to one tourney)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Bassem should be like third to be honest. You just gotta show up more son!

Also, I heard that a ZSS player also almost beat M2K.

And looking at the way things shaped up at OH Snap, I don't really see MK needing 100% to be banned. We just tooo goood

Shade_

Smash Ace
I honestly agree you should at least be 3rd to bass, even if you don't have much tourny experience, you've obviously shown you have raw talent.

And I honestly think my rank probably needs to go down, i got pwned this tournament. I'll earn my spot back up somehow though, just wait guys. lol.

bassem6

Smash Lord
You're #1 on the OK Dance PR.

Yo Bass come up to Norman and play on Tuesday imo.
I'd love to. I dont if I will be able to though =\ Once i get my license though. Im telling you, I will be over there like every other weekend or so.

BTW, whose #1 on OK power rankings right now anyways?

GMo

Smash Apprentice

Gravity

Smash Ace
We are playing.............BOTH melee and brawl, but the majority of us prefer melee, "I" however prefer brawl.
id say most people prefer brawl.

most people who used to play melee prefer it though i guess.

also, where is this smash happening tomorrow? hansons place?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey if you guys are playing tomorrow, GIVE ME A CALL, DAMMIT!! I'm still upset over not getting out of pools and I want vengeance in the worst way... If that means beating on some fellow Oklahomans, then so be it.

I'm tired of coming so close and not getting anywhere, so I plan on completely renovating my style in order to achieve what I so rightfully deserve: VICTORY.

No johns, *****es.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Where can we play tomorrow (if we do play)?

I gotta brush up my game. I lost to freakin Wolf player (no offense Kuni, but he wasn't as good as you and I can 0-death him from a grab).

Shade_

Smash Ace
If we can't go to hansons, then as long as someone can give me a ride i'm willing to go someplace else, yeah i can give you all the wolf practice you need. Just as long as i'm back by 12 30 or so midnight.

I dont know if this will help brendon but I think you just need to change the way your mind set is in tournaments, like you have way more experionce than you need, but i've noticed that (and i cant really control it) but when i know there are a lot of good players around and when i'm fighting them sometimes i play my hardest but in the back of my head i'm thinking well hes obviously better than i'm, so if i loose it wont be a big surprise, and when i get a stock behind i especially just start to give up after they racked up more damage on me and they still have all 3 lives). Then usually what happens is on my last stock my mind setting changes from, "its nothing if i loose, but loosing this bad is ridiculous" and then i try hard to drag the match out as long as possible shooting them as much as possible and alot of times i'll get them to the last stock and low damage if nothing else).

Like i guess i'm saying I think you have too much knowledge of who is good and who you know your gona loose against, and you think too much about it, with that mindset you can't get better. You should just concentrate on not letting out any openings and spacing,

When i really try hard my thinking is, "i probably wont win, but i bet can shoot more lasers than he can, and hes gona have to catch me if he wants to do damage to me" Through this i've someitmes been able to give pros a run for their money, you can't just give up and say its ok to loos cus hes a pro, you should be like hes a pro any stock i get off him will look bad no matter how bad he beats me.

Gravity

Smash Ace
loose loose loosing loose loos
besides that i can agree with what your saying, but that doesnt really apply to me because i dont know very many good players, and even less in brawl.

and those that i do know, i dont know what they look like in real life.

the bad part is i always think i get beat by scrubs and then yawara tells me no.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
LAST SMASH-FEST AT MAH PLACE TODAY (TUESDAY EVENING) BEFORE I LEAVE FOR THANKSGIVING IN TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas will have a reason to fear us next time when the next major tourney rolls around.

OH SNAP! v5.0 - May/June '09!

GMo

Smash Apprentice
LAST SMASH-FEST AT MAH PLACE TODAY (TUESDAY EVENING) BEFORE I LEAVE FOR THANKSGIVING IN TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas will have a reason to fear us next time when the next major tourney rolls around.

OH SNAP! v5.0 - May/June '09!
Propah.

I'll be thar.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I was planning to leave for home at 1:00pm tomorrow, but I'll see if I can stay for the Smashfest.

OHSNAP5 is going to be one monster of a tournament, especially if we get Alex and Hanson to coordinate on a Melee/Brawl event.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I agree with drew on that one but, yeah can someone give me a ride to hansons after 9:00? I get off work then. And i'll be at the walker dorms.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Nah, we'll stick to just Melee Drew. I'm not sure you're too crazy on organizing with such short notice anyway lol

Top Bottom