• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Give me about 15 minutes and I'll be ready. I guess I need to start looking for a main and a secondary...
We'll help you =D

Just choose your top 5 -10 ish characters and we'll all give our input on who would be best for you lol

And if that doesn't work (Which it probably won't...) then... uh.............. idk...... =D

I won against Yaya 2-0. Good games, man. You've got a nice Game & Watch. :)
Oh noes D=
0rion I demand friendlies later this week to avenge my fallen comrade D:<

Still looking for friendlies *whistles*
*Hears whistle* *Runs over and wags tail*

I'll do friendlies with you later this week. G&W hurts my head so I need to pace myself when it comes to brawling you lol =D

bunnyma

Smash Journeyman
:)

I'm dying to verse you again FMOI, but my twin bro is playing Animal Crossing and wants another town to go to. Is anybody up for that now, eventhough it is pretty late? :)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Low tier means nothing!
Well it sorta does..... a little......
It does if you want to place often.
It sounds like it would benefit you if you picked up a higher tiered character as a main (Though it would benefit almost anyone...)

We'll need to get a bunch of people to play your top ten characters so they we can get an idea of how good you are so far with them. Oh yeah! We're going all out on this!

And since Mario seems to be your Favorite you could either make him your main and pick up a higher tier character as a secondary or vise versa. Hell you could even pick two secondaries if you want, but 3 characters should be the limit. Being good with all the characters is great, but sometimes it's better to specialize

My top ten? Uh...

1. Mario
2. Ness
3. Fox
4. Ice Climbers
5. Wario
6. Zelda
7. Sonic
8. Lucario
9. ROB
10. King Dedede

Regardless, I'm ready to fight if anyone is interested.
I'll fight you tomorrow =D
I'm about to go to bed right away...

But we'll slowly chip away at that list =D

And remember the list won't be final so no need to stress about whether or not you picked the right character

Ok sleep time now =D

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I'd suggest picking up ROB or DDD, and having mario as a CP character. Have mario good against a really tough matchup DDD or ROB has, and train mario just for that matchup (maybe a couple more). Mario is cool, I love him, but he has very little place in tournaments. It's what I did in melee. At first I mained y.link, then I discovered he was garbs, so I switched to falco/fox/shiek and use y.link for jiggs and I guess peach (although I suck against peach regardless so it doesn't make any difference).

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Kirby is the solution to everything. :]

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Three-for-alls are now, have been, and forever will be the bane of my existence. :(

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I LOVE 4-person matches, just not 3-person ones. I still usually let people join in unless I'm doing a tournament match or I'm really serious about the 1v1. :ohwell:

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Personally, I despise and absolutely dread ffa's.
But I'll play them if theres no one hosting a 1v1

Salem

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I have a question, for my CP character, should it be Zero Suit Samus or Toon Link, I pretty much is almost perfect with Toon Link but Zero Suit Samus is still getting training.

So who should I pick?

Becuase I know Samus can stand against Snake's and what not, but Toon Link on the other hand only slightly can.

Salem

Smash Champion
So, how's the Captain Falcon-ing coming along?
Captain Falcon is just lucky to survive for so long in matches and counter attacks, that's why it should be possible for him to at the least pass Ganon, Ganon is a clone he doesn't deserve to stay above Captain Falcon, Seriously.

@Barge: Thanks, those matches helped my Captain Falcon a bit, though he still is not ready for IRL tournaments, though eventually i'll get the hang of him, like with Marth.

Barge

Captain Falcon is just lucky to survive for so long in matches and counter attacks, that's why it should be possible for him to at the least pass Ganon, Ganon is a clone he doesn't deserve to stay above Captain Falcon, Seriously.

@Barge: Thanks, those matches helped my Captain Falcon a bit, though he still is not ready for IRL tournaments, though eventually i'll get the hang of him, like with Marth.
Well, ganon has better match ups than captain falcon.
And a higher priority moveset..

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Actually last I saw, Ganon had no advantaged match-ups (compared with Falcon's two). To be fair, this might be slightly outdated, but not by much.

Falcon also kicks Ganon's arse up one side and down the other in terms of tournament results. Falcon is pretty much better nowadays.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
fmoi, to be honest, i can see these three as you mains, wario, idk why but your playstyle if you become focused aerial would be perfect for him,

zelda, you seem to be very offensive at times and defensive if you learned which one to be at times instead of randomly switching and learning trying to hit with nair is much better than with upari/any other aerial you could combo well and juggle good i would think

and yoshi, im still trying to find out why but he just seems to be your type

the funny thing is though you will probably just find your main like i did, pick a random character not from your top 10 list and for whatever reason feel you really like them and start using him more and more and more till you have a good and quick grasp on his playstyle, thats how everyone not mk, dd, or snake finds thier main/ or just beat a really good player(like holynightmare or me or anther or someone) with a random character and chances are you just found your main

GFE

Smash Journeyman
in training 4 giga-match anther's pika
EDIT: Until 6pm central, LIKE 8-10 HOURS LEFT Istud, so u got time

cba

Smash Master
GGs, cba. I can't beat your Snake. D: I'll get you with Sonic, one day...

Out of all the character's I played, I never would have guessed that it would be MARTH that I was most cold with...I was doing way too many counters. @_@

My PT game needs some serious work if I want to get him to a level that I can actually compete in.

My Wolf and Sonic seem solid though.

And if you couldn't tell, after Ganon, I just started picking random lols. I was lucky I didn't get anyone that I absolutely suck with.
yea but that was GFE you were playing, i was Diddy, Olimar, ZSS and....i dont really remember. you were playing GFE from the wolfs matches. / had to go to sleep
My top ten? Uh...

18. Lucario
WHUT? i didnt know that. last time you told me, you hated lucario.

Kirby is the solution to everything. :]
i hate kirby so much that im DYING
to play as him/her cause i cant fight her/him very well.
Hey guys, I have a question, for my CP character, should it be Zero Suit Samus or Toon Link, I pretty much is almost perfect with Toon Link but Zero Suit Samus is still getting training.
ZSS. yours is good. and zss is like 45-55 w/ snake. in my and other Good ZSS' opinion.

Salem

Smash Champion
Ah... that's right, Samus's suit peices, it increases her chances of beating Snake and others if used right, I might pick her, becuase if Toon Link doesn't get his favorite stage (FD) he can't pretty much auto win. LOL

Barge

I hate ZSS armor pieces.
and it doesn't help that she has an insane glide toss.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Why is T.link vs Snake supposed to be an alright match-up for T.link? Seriously! I used to be a T.link main, then I realized he gets wrecked by MK, and I just can't vs snake as him. I want explinations!

cba

Smash Master
I hate ZSS armor pieces.
and it doesn't help that she has an insane glide toss.
ZSS' glide toss is broken. and i actually hate/love playing ics w/ her.
hate cause nana can throw them and popo can do anything else
love cause it messes up Ics synch and startles them alot.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I lost to Samusbrawler.
GG's
I hate you! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.