• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Actually FMOI I've been thinking of quitting myself.

1, I'm getting too old for this ****. 2, I'm a very sore loser, but only when I think I could have won. If I play someone like HolyNightmare or Ally I sorta just accept it and it's not so bad. Otherwise I just get in a REALLY bad mood and start taking it out on people who don't deserve it.

It's the reason why I stopped playing Warcraft 3, it was just bad for my health. I'd really hate for Smash to get to that point because I love this game.

tld;dr: I know how you feel man.
Wait how old are u?

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Oh, uh...yeah, I didn't want to say anything out of line again after that thing yesterday... <___<;

Probably just gonna come here a little bit at a time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Play for fun, don't worry too much about winning man. Its a game, and you're competing online. Don't stress yourself out. xP

You don't have to win to be an asset to the community. Seeing the size of this thread, it looks like you're pretty well set. =)
I'm aware of that but I have it so drilled in my head that I'm only worth anything if I'm succeeding by a large margin when I do things. It also doesn't help that I have ADD, am manic/depressive, am generally pessimistic and have an overall view of humanity that would make Thomas Hobbes crap himself. :psycho: Overall, I have a hard time with commitment (sticking with something) and closure (sticking with something and progressively getting better) and this applies to just about everything in my life. Videogames are kind of my last stand because it's one of the few things I have been reasonably good at through out the years and haven't gotten frustrated enough with them to quit completely.

It may seem pretty weird that I'm spilling my guts like this but I don't like to "put on faces" when it comes to things like this especially when I'm around many of the people here on a day-to-day basis.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh, uh...yeah, I didn't want to say anything out of line again after that thing yesterday... <___<;

Probably just gonna come here a little bit at a time.
Omg just come to the chat. -___- No one even remembers that incident.

FMOI~ We've all had bad losses. You lost that match today against Dabuz, and he's really good. Most of the people here probably would have lost too. Just find a main or two and stick with them until you get better. D=

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
It's all right, I'm feeling a bit tired anyway. Sorry for not being here for this today.

Snare

Smash Lord
Omg just come to the chat. -___- No one even remembers that incident.

FMOI~ We've all had bad losses. You lost that match today against Dabuz, and he's really good. Most of the people here probably would have lost too. Just find a main or two and stick with them until you get better. D=
i thought we just had a page or two dedicated to finding out dabuz was a she :dizzy:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

It's not just that; it's that I'm starting to figure out how my brain chemistry works and I'm realizing that I can't really strategize like the really good players because of my mental limitations. With this being said, I'm seeing the glass ceiling for the first time when it comes to competitive gaming. Granted, I don't expect to become a professional but I'm coming close to a point where it will be extremelly hard to improve unless I pour in a ton of work and, like I already explained, I have crappy wifi back at school, doctorate's to work on., and issues that I'm currently trying to work out via therapy.

Also dabuz is a girl, at least I think she is. I know how much fun it is to put on a dress, frilly wig and a tiara and go to bars, believe me, but I don't think that's the case for dabuz.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Fm, if you quit smash I hate you.
We can get not suckish together :D

Add in:

GG's omis, I guess.
Your marth is good I think you just need to lay off the over use of some moves.
Aka dancing blade.

I really wasn't expecting to win that ganon vs mk match, I don't even know how to use ganon >_>

Friendlys anyone?

Barge

Gah, I realized I really suck at chain grabs online.
You could tell omis, only after I failed 1000 times could I 0-death you. The timing is so horrendous
and I often dash instead of walk when I need to do fthrow alts

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Fatman, luckily for you smashbrothers doesn't require a super high level of strategic prowess. I think you're safe in that department. Victra is right, play the game for fun ESPECIALLY if it's an online event. Really, to get better at smash takes only a few things. Firstly decide on a main. Secondly read about that main. Thirdly watch videos of professionals playing your character. All of this is obvious, and I don't want to insult your intelligence with telling you this, but this is all you have to do. Look at every little "combo" pros do, and incorporate it into your gameplay. It's not THAT hard, and not even that time consuming, just takes a minor amount of concentration.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Haha, I'm not even good with Ice Climbers. :]

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
I beat Ricky 2-0

Those were some greats games though, i'm starting to regain some bit of my Marth skillz since I lost some of them in the cold.
Good fun. I didn't realize you spammed the counter =P Still have to find a way around that.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
GGs, cba. I can't beat your Snake. D: I'll get you with Sonic, one day...

Out of all the character's I played, I never would have guessed that it would be MARTH that I was most cold with...I was doing way too many counters. @_@

My PT game needs some serious work if I want to get him to a level that I can actually compete in.

My Wolf and Sonic seem solid though.

And if you couldn't tell, after Ganon, I just started picking random lols. I was lucky I didn't get anyone that I absolutely suck with.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman, luckily for you smashbrothers doesn't require a super high level of strategic prowess. I think you're safe in that department. Victra is right, play the game for fun ESPECIALLY if it's an online event. Really, to get better at smash takes only a few things. Firstly decide on a main. Secondly read about that main. Thirdly watch videos of professionals playing your character. All of this is obvious, and I don't want to insult your intelligence with telling you this, but this is all you have to do. Look at every little "combo" pros do, and incorporate it into your gameplay. It's not THAT hard, and not even that time consuming, just takes a minor amount of concentration.
1. My problem with this is that I like the cast so much and my knowledge of the game has become pretty extensive from using everyone. My other problem is Snake and Metaknight. My three best characters all have problems against them which was why I decided to main random in the first place.

2. I do... a lot. I go to all the character boards on a daily basis.

3. I do this a lot too.

This may sound weird but I have a hard time grasping the concept of fun. It may sound weird but I've become wired in such a way over the years that A) everything is competitive or B) I compare everything I do to how well someone else does it. Obviously, I hate this but I don't know how to change my views overall.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You guys make me wanna turn my Wii back on. >_<

Barge

1. My problem with this is that I like the cast so much and my knowledge of the game has become pretty extensive from using everyone. My other problem is Snake and Metaknight. My three best characters all have problems against them which was why I decided to main random in the first place.

2. I do... a lot. I go to all the character boards on a daily basis.

3. I do this a lot too.

This may sound weird but I have a hard time grasping the concept of fun. It may sound weird but I've become wired in such a way over the years that A) everything is competitive or B) I compare everything I do to how well someone else does it. Obviously, I hate this but I don't know how to change my views overall.
Wanna brawl?
I'm in a "random" mood.

It'll be fun to not know what characters we're gonna fight next :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom