• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

soro

Smash Journeyman
*looks at the clock* sigh its 2 pm over on the pacifc area. and i cant get any tourny rounds cause of no pm sigh. if he sends me a message i'll be probably be AFK

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
fmoi, to be honest, i can see these three as you mains, wario, idk why but your playstyle if you become focused aerial would be perfect for him,

zelda, you seem to be very offensive at times and defensive if you learned which one to be at times instead of randomly switching and learning trying to hit with nair is much better than with upari/any other aerial you could combo well and juggle good i would think

and yoshi, im still trying to find out why but he just seems to be your type

the funny thing is though you will probably just find your main like i did, pick a random character not from your top 10 list and for whatever reason feel you really like them and start using him more and more and more till you have a good and quick grasp on his playstyle, thats how everyone not mk, dd, or snake finds thier main/ or just beat a really good player(like holynightmare or me or anther or someone) with a random character and chances are you just found your main
Characters I've come close to beating really good players with:

1. Wario
2. Mario
3. Lucas
4. Fox
5. ROB
6. Ness
7. Luigi
8. Ice Climbers

As for characters I know I don't want to main:

1. ROB and Metaknight) I'm good with them but I hate them. I hate the fact that in order to be good with them, you essentially have to be as annoying as possible.

2. Sheik) Love the combo potential, hate the lack of KO potential.

3. Peach and Yoshi) Hate their playstyles overall.

4. Snake) As I said yesterday, I really don't have the mental capacity to use him at his highest potential.

5.) Jigglypuff, Link, Captain Falcon, and Ganondorf) Basically, you're either winning by a small margin or getting the crap kicked out of you when you play as them unless you're really, really good.

6. Falco, Olimar, Game and Watch and Marth) Mained by too many people as it is.

7. Kirby) Hate his lack of range and overall floatiness.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Ok I'll be waiting for Peachy...

EDIT:
GFE, ANTHER IS ON AND WAITING FOR YOU!
STOP BRAWLING SOMEONE ELSE.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hey Shadowfire, you want some friendlies or do you wanna wait for Peachy to show instead?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait, whut? Someone suggested Yoshi?
Dabuz suggested Yoshi for a main/secondary for me since I do fine playing as random until I'm up against really good players like her, Ally, and Aryman. I hate Yoshi's playstyle mostly. Reverse grabs, zoning with eggs, double aerials, lack of KO potential and having to rely on edgeguarding/gimping, a duel edged sword of a recovery... bleh.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Dabuz suggested Yoshi for a main/secondary for me since I do fine playing as random until I'm up against really good players like her, Ally, and Aryman. I hate Yoshi's playstyle mostly. Reverse grabs, zoning with eggs, double aerials, lack of KO potential and having to rely on edgeguarding/gimping, a duel edged sword of a recovery... bleh.

Pivot grab is the sex, you can grab GnW out of the turtle.

Double Aerials, you don't have to do, but they are uber sexy, Dair to Nair on tL during recovery.

KOing is no big deal if you can land Uairs. It goes through a lot of people's dair. TL, GnW, etc

I'm not even addressing edge guarding and gimping. You don't have to.

Recovery, Lmao, it's not bad at all. If you know how to recover as him. No one can footstool Yoshi. People think you can, but only to noob Yoshis. His DJ goes through a load of attacks. And you can do rising aerials. i see no problem.

Plus he has a sexy tech. (Copies Bunny) *cool sunglasses*

Anther

Smash Champion
Contact me on aim if you wanna play... it's too... much work to do it in the thread. XD.

I've had gfe added for a while... still hasn't added my Fc =[.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Contact me on aim if you wanna play... it's too... much work to do it in the thread. XD.

I've had gfe added for a while... still hasn't added my Fc =[.
He's been online... and should have added you he he were not avoiding.

soro

Smash Journeyman
gg's dark
dark won 2-1
*rips luigis head off* god i hate him so much then again i dont play against luigi enough. and you do have a good weegee dark

soro

Smash Journeyman
The nair just doesnt stop hitting me.
i know how that feels. the fsmash fair nair and sometimes up B are really annoying. i can get past the rest of weegee though i do need work on lucario. cause i need to be able to play luc in my sleep. lol oki at 1 in the morning ***** so much. lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I see Yoshi's recovery as a lot like Luigi's and King Dedede's, not that hard to intercept/counter if you have enough experience against it. When I say this, I don't mean that Yoshi is easy to edge guard but his recovery can be fairly easy to read especially if your opponent shows common patterns like tossing an egg first before using the second jump or coming back to the stage with a nair right before they land.

As for KO potential, you have have basically three dependible KO moves with Yoshi: uair, nair, and usmash. In comparison, Marth has eight (fair, bair, uair, nair, fsmash, dsmash, utilt, and ftilt), Fox has five (uair, bair, usmash, fsmash, and dsmash), and Snake has ten (utilt, ftilt, nair, dair, bair, jab, C4, grenades, fthrow, and bthrow).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom