• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP! v4.0 - Sexcellente Southwest ROYAL RUMBLE! [11-22-2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
New Mexico = New Victims =D

See ___X___ gets it.
Btw I jus saw a match between you and Dai-A. One word. Insane! And lol at Snake flying under the level. Wtf hahaha

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Coty is going? Whats this, Mr Coty G..(what ever his last name is) is going? I havent beat him in a while, it will be fun. Falco v Jiggs coty for the most extreme amount of money ever? A dollar in 3 quarters, 1 dime, 1 nickle, and 10 pennies.

Oh ya
you always were gay...

fine, i accept... its ON!!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
PM me about your ride situations, and I'll get back to you. Looks like I'm gonna do it then <_<

Hanson's already got Houston on lockdown, and I'll just distribute other OoS elsewhere.

It's looking now that because certain Oklahomans flaked out (*COUGH* like Omega Star *COUGH*) that our original housing plans have gone askew. But Kansas people, i think we can house the majority of you guys in Oklahoma City and have the rest come down to Norman. Right now, we have Rasta Imposter and Gravity who are willing to house about maybe 5-6 of you so I guess 1/2 cars worth of people.

Also, we'll let people know if they have to get a hotel or not, and we will help pay for them. It's just that people are not starting to shy away from housing for some reason.

But for Texas people, Utah, and Colorado, we can probably find someways to cram you into Hazygoose and Scud's houses. Scud's basically offering as much housing as possible which may be about . . . 10-12 depending on how furniture is moved around. And hazygoose can do a solid 6 so that's 18 knocked out the way. Just between the five people in Norman, you guys should be covered fairly well. And there are also kids living in the dorms that can offer housing for maybe a max of three, but we'll just shuttle y'all around to accomodate.

And just an FYI, Norman can officially house about 37 people if Scud's willing to house that much between: Thien, me, Shade_, Scud, Hazygoose, and Gmo

I know it seems disorganized but lately since Thien's been working, and I've had to play catchup with school, the housing has been a bit wonky, but it will definitely work out. I'm gonna ask Thien on his next day off to go over this issue and figure out total housing assignments.

AGAIN!

We will help pay for hotels if necessary.

[edit]

*******HOTEL INFORMATION*******
Sooner hotel
300 Kellogg Dr
Norman, OK 73072
Phone: 405-329-2270

This one is the Sooner Hotel, it's on campus, I've stayed there before, it's not as big as most hotels, but it's $51 bucks a night, split between 6/7 people that's 15 bucks for the whole trips, and with gas as cheap as it is, I think it's worth it.

Guest Inn
2543 W Main
Norman, OK 73069
Phone: 405-360-1234
http://www.guest-inn.com/getpage.php?pgnm=norman

Another really cheap hotel, under 60 dollars.

Thunderbird Lodge
1430 sw 24TH Ave
Norman, OK 73072
Phone: 405-329-6990

This one's 56 bucks a night.

I will try to update information and such ASAP, but please call early to see if there's still room.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i need to talk to scud but it should work out that between the 2 of us CO and NM will be housed completely. i need to talk to scud before i confirm that with NM though.

kown

Smash Lord
Tech > OU...... Texas > Oklahoma.......... Texas smash > Oklahoma smash

oo and just to make sure im getting housing by le thien right...or mr. le? just to make sure since my name isnt on the front page list thingy.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Tech > OU...... Texas > Oklahoma.......... Texas smash > Oklahoma smash

oo and just to make sure im getting housing by le thien right...or mr. le? just to make sure since my name isnt on the front page list thingy.
You're really gonna disrespeezy Oklahoma and expect to get housing?

l o l !

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
I REALLYREALLYREALLYREALLYREALLYREALLYREALLYREALLY wanna make this but I don't know...

Maybe I can ride with Texas folk...AND I have to convince parental unit.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Why aren't CO or NM listed as attending this? =/

I'm assuming this also means we have no housing?
you should have read the post i made asking someone fomr CO confirming i'm housing them XD

NM asked me to house them, and they have more. if possible, CO will be with scud and NM with me. if scud can't, i could possibly house both states. we'll figure it out before the weekend ends.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Alex, hanson and I talked about it. You're housing New Mexico and Colorado if possible, we need Brett open for Dallas.

IMPORTANT!

Sorry Kansas guys, but with the way things are scewed right now, we don't think we can house Kanas players. :/ This sounds unfair, but we felt thtat we needed to accomodate the guys that applied for housing early and those that are going in from way out of state, but we will help pay for your hotel fees. We're sorry that OK smash isn't big enough to offer housing for everyone guys, but that's the best we can do right now.

Kansas players! Look into getting the hotel on campus right now. I'm guessing you guy will get 3/4 rooms? I've stayed at that hotel already, it's nice, it's got enough room for what you guys want to do--sleep, but again, sorry that we need y'all to do that.

The only other question mark we have right now is Utah since I'm not sure who on this thread is from Utah or who from there is going. I think you guys should hit up KS and see where both of you guys want to stay.

Will post final plans for housing tonight/tomorrow morning.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Most of the Kansas players don't have jobs or don't have extra cash. This will be very difficult for us to do and we will have to adjust our list of people going accordingly. We need to know how much this will cost each person.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
IMPORTANT!

Sorry Kansas guys, but with the way things are scewed right now, we don't think we can house Kanas players. :/ This sounds unfair, but we felt thtat we needed to accomodate the guys that applied for housing early and those that are going in from way out of state, but we will help pay for your hotel fees. We're sorry that OK smash isn't big enough to offer housing for everyone guys, but that's the best we can do right now.

Kansas players! Look into getting the hotel on campus right now. I'm guessing you guy will get 3/4 rooms? I've stayed at that hotel already, it's nice, it's got enough room for what you guys want to do--sleep, but again, sorry that we need y'all to do that.

The only other question mark we have right now is Utah since I'm not sure who on this thread is from Utah or who from there is going. I think you guys should hit up KS and see where both of you guys want to stay.

Will post final plans for housing tonight/tomorrow morning.
Ouch......

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i really can't house 8 people, hence my correction earlier. CO is mine unless someone can pick up those 3. if someone can, i'll be grabbing the 5 from NM.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Most of the Kansas players don't have jobs or don't have extra cash. This will be very difficult for us to do and we will have to adjust our list of people going accordingly. We need to know how much this will cost each person.
It depends on the hotel/motel, but most places will cost around $50-80 per evening. If it's split between 5-8 people, this should not be a problem; especially since I am offering to throw in $30 per hotel/motel room (and maybe even more depending on how grim the situation looks) in order to help minimize your costs.

I apologize that we couldn't get you guys completely free housing, but this is my supremely genuine effort to make up for the ball I dropped by throwing down my personal cash in order to get your guys out to Norman, OK. I think between my donation and posting up a potential $5-10 each person for temporary room rentals, we can make this work. I really, really want you guys to come, and I hope you guys don't let having to throw down some some extra cash doesn't deter you guys from attending, because I will take care as much of your external costs as possible if I'm able to do so.

I hope you guys consider my request and attempt at good will. =)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dudes! I need Texas people to tell me who's riding with who so the ride situation is made easier.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'm pretty hyped for this guys, looking forward to the state crew battles :p

Edit - Sars, I'm getting that started in the Dallas thread now actually.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I havn't really been following this thread, but I'm sure I could house some people. Bug me about it Yawara and Hanson....

Bwett

Smash Ace
DPhat's wanting to know who we are staying with in OK. But before that, we need to figure out our car ride situation like you asked.

Thien, you are awesome. Keep up the amazing work, dude =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom