• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP! v4.0 - Sexcellente Southwest ROYAL RUMBLE! [11-22-2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Mkay, this isn't even confirmed yet cause we haven't contacted the venue about whether or not we could do this. Everything is still set for Saturday only though, and plans are being set right now by Thien and me personally so don't fret. 2 days is just an idea thrown out to get y'all more friendlies out, but if time constraints can't allow for that now, then that's an idea that'll be implemented at another Oh Snap (maybe spring of 09?)

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer a more centralized event i.e brawl only singles and doubles or melee only singles and doubles etc etc. All the events make the tournament appear to take a LOT of time. Unless we have a gazillion setups and separate tournament organizers.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
we could always leave early on sunday to head back. those who arent in it can head back early..... however that is a harder ride for the kc people then it is for us :/

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Message from Xyro77 since he is banned: Houston can only go for the one day. They will not be able to stay for two days.

End communication.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Well, it seems like a lot of people can't participate in a two day event. College Station changes it's vote to one day.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Affinity I think it would work just fine. We're only a few hours from where this is anyway, I don't see how it would interfere with anything (unless we're talking about crazy parents or something).

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Thanks for the quick input guys. That saves me work from trying to schedule another day at the venue or look for a completely new one.

Just to give you all heads up though, I will be doing early registration throughout the next few weeks to accomplish a couple of things:
  1. I want to set up and seed pools as many people as humanly possible before the tournament begins.
  2. I want to have a fairly regimented scheduel to work with so that we are able to squeeze in as many side events before tournament fatigue sets in.
I have to turn in a mission statement, itinerary and timetable to my VSA officers by Wednesday, and I will hopefully have that same timetable up for you guys by the end of this week. The current start time for the tournament will be between noon and 1:00 PM, and I want to bust *** during pools so that we can get it over with in a 2-2.5 hour period, and then break for lunch before we dive into brackets. I plan on making this as smooth and efficient as possible for everyone, so hopefully everyone will be cooperative with me on this so we don't end up stuck on campus 'til 2:00 AM. We still need time to get some friendlies in and party afterward. =)

Sound good so far everyone?

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Texas and Kansas:

I need a representative from each state or region of the state (since Texas is so ****in' huge) to look over the list of confirmed participants and let me know if it's inaccurate, because I will be doing pool assignments and designating pool leaders this week. Seriously. I need a really accurate head count so I can expend the appropriate time and energy to make sure that crew-mates aren't seeded in the same pools and whatnot, and I'd rather not do it the day of the tournament. Please make sure that everyone in your party or everyone that you know of who has expressed interest in attending will actually be present. Otherwise, I will end up doing a lot of needless work on my end.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Not cool man.. I don't think i could agree to some **** like that.. how about... TOBASCO Sauce match, loser has to chug an entire tobasco sauce bottle :).

Oh yeah.. Dphat will be coming Thien.
Hmmmm............that is definitely a possibility. I kinda like that.:laugh:

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Texas and Kansas:

I need a representative from each state or region of the state (since Texas is so ****in' huge) to look over the list of confirmed participants and let me know if it's inaccurate, because I will be doing pool assignments and designating pool leaders this week. Seriously. I need a really accurate head count so I can expend the appropriate time and energy to make sure that crew-mates aren't seeded in the same pools and whatnot, and I'd rather not do it the day of the tournament. Please make sure that everyone in your party or everyone that you know of who has expressed interest in attending will actually be present. Otherwise, I will end up doing a lot of needless work on my end.
Everyone you have listed for us is going as far as I know. We might have even more than that coming though.

Edit @ bear: Did you ever shave that BNB into yur shoulder? lol And Ill have to remember to give you a chance to defeat me in a Falcon Ditto rematch.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ok, so CY,takeurlife, and esca will not be going from tx. however, furbs(yoshi) and kown(pit) will go.

also, change kalo to a wolf main. he doesnt main pit

other than that, the list looks great.

question. since it sbeing one day, is it brawl 1vs1 and 2vs2?

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
ok, so CY,takeurlife, and esca will not be going from tx. however, furbs(yoshi) and kown(pit) will go.

also, change kalo to a wolf main. he doesnt main pit

other than that, the list looks great.

question. since it sbeing one day, is it brawl 1vs1 and 2vs2?
Good to have your trolling *** back, Xyro.

Priority events will be Brawl Singles and Doubles, Melee Singles, and the Crew Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom