• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ogre Smash

TP

Smash Master
Venue:
Ogre's Games
4501 S. Kingshighway
Saint Louis, MO 63109
(314) 353-6473

Costs:
Venue - $5
Singles - $10
Doubles - $5 per person

Tentative Schedule:
11 AM - Doors open / registration begins
12:30 - Doubles
4:00 - Singles (Rough estimate)
Food break - Between singles and doubles. If you are going to leave the venue at any time, notify me.

Prizes:
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%

Other events may happen based on interest, such as Random Singles, Random Doubles, Draft Crews, and Low Tier Singles/Doubles.

Housing:
This really is not meant to be that big of a tournament, but if people wanna travel to it, housing can be provided. Ask in this thread and/or the St. Louis thread.

Rules:
* 3 Stock
* 9 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* Sets best of 3 games.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.
* In the event of a dispute, use G&W Hammers for the choice of controller port.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the G&W Hammers will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Hammer winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own.
* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color. Teams with Lucario, Sonic and Pokemon Trainer must use Blue Team.
* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned.
* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. If you pause, you lose a stock.
* If the game ends as a result of a player using a suicide move that kills both players on their last stock, the initiator of the suicide move will be the winner, regardless of the results screen.
* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
* LEDGE GRAB LIMIT: 30. If you grab the ledge 31 or more times and the game goes to time, the other player wins.
* DOUBLES: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed.

Set format of striking (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
3. The winner of the previous match announces one stage to be banned from being chosen in the next step.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 3-7 for all proceeding matches. In a best of 5 set, both players still only get one ban.

Stages

Starter:

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick:

Castle Siege
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

If there are problems at the venue, don't hesitate to call for me immediately. I will resolve any issues. My word is final, although I'll be asking Rauleen for help every step of the way most likely.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me. My name is Zach Levinson, my email is zmlevinson@go.wustl.edu, and my number is (314) 814-9710.

FWOG

Smash Cadet
Singles - $10 (Will change to 5 if people want)
hell yeah im poor ^_,^

im sorry i did not read your post ..*super sorry*

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Cool stuff.

...is mario really banned? >_> lol...

I know he has that infinite and everything but no one is really abusing it yet. I think you should unban him and I will play mario and show some proof.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Poor Sno. I don't really play this game very much, so I never really count my ledge grabs. I'm pretty sure I've grabbed over 30 several times, and I don't even plank. Give us bad players a chance to win if we're recovering the whole game. Mk's got those gimps.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hylian, based on my frame testing it's a OHKO, not an infinite technically.
It doesn't work on Squirtle, Bowser, or Yoshi based on brawlbox data either.

Not sure why though

If I don't end up coming, make sure you save a replay for me. The one's already on YT are inconclusive.

Dnyce

Smash Master
The cape literally breaks a few levels, but I agree with Hylian. It's too early to ban him, we haven't seen how viable it is in tournament yet.

Though, if Mario was unbanned, I would probably go :)

THuGz

Smash Lord
If there are draft crews, and there isn't any other bigger tournament this weekend, and me and Rob can figure out how to get here, and I ask Rob later and he wants to come, and if I don't have to study too much for tests the next week, i will DEFINITELY come to this tournament.

TP

Smash Master
Sweet, I love Nebraska. There will definitely be draft crews, it's really popular here. If it doesn't happen, it will be because turnout was way higher than expected, so it's a win-win.

The more setups people bring, the more events we can do (and friendlies of course). Please bring setups.

Since this tournament will be advertised to people outside our community, I had to give it a more official name and remove inside jokes from the rules. Looks like Mario gets a pass this time.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'd rather have $10 entry, didn't see that you changed it lol. We do $5 tournaments at wills already.

TP

Smash Master
Jordan, can you make a poll asking which entry fee is preferred? I'll just go with the majority.

EDIT: Actually, to hell with it. $10. If anyone has a problem with that, get better and win the money yourself.

ook

Smash Lord
* In the event of a dispute, use G&W Hammers for the choice of controller port.

I love this rule btw

And what's this about Mario lol?

DeLux

I discovered that Mario has a ohko on every character but Squirtle, Bowser, and Yoshi.
At least based on the frame testing and source codes.

I can only get it to work like 85% of the time in real time, but it's only because the input window is very narrow and it's pretty situational imo. If someone better put it to use, it would be over centralizing for sure

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If there are draft crews, and there isn't any other bigger tournament this weekend, and me and Rob can figure out how to get here, and I ask Rob later and he wants to come, and if I don't have to study too much for tests the next week, i will DEFINITELY come to this tournament.
If I can come I will, but it will be last minute.

Sweet, I love Nebraska. There will definitely be draft crews, it's really popular here. If it doesn't happen, it will be because turnout was way higher than expected, so it's a win-win.
Yeah dude, hoppefully I do better against you MK than your Ganondorf, that match isn't as easy as people think because they haven't had to play competent Dorfs before.

Also we should be banning :dk2:, isn't that the newest thing?

Edit: Also, I'm heavily in favor of 10 dollar singles and 10 dollars A TEAM. 15 dollars means more food/beer $.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Grraaaggh....didn't realize this is on the same day as AnimeSTL...darn you TP....guess I'll just go on Friday...

Radium88

Smash Lord
Lol I know but it's better that it is this date because the other weekend was Easter and definitely going out of town there. No worries, I"m not even salty.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Cool stuff.

...is mario really banned? >_> lol...

I know he has that infinite and everything but no one is really abusing it yet. I think you should unban him and I will play mario and show some proof.
Hylian, based on my frame testing it's a OHKO, not an infinite technically.
It doesn't work on Squirtle, Bowser, or Yoshi based on brawlbox data either.

Not sure why though

If I don't end up coming, make sure you save a replay for me. The one's already on YT are inconclusive.
The cape literally breaks a few levels, but I agree with Hylian. It's too early to ban him, we haven't seen how viable it is in tournament yet.

Though, if Mario was unbanned, I would probably go :)
I discovered that Mario has a ohko on every character but Squirtle, Bowser, and Yoshi.
At least based on the frame testing and source codes.

I can only get it to work like 85% of the time in real time, but it's only because the input window is very narrow and it's pretty situational imo. If someone better put it to use, it would be over centralizing for sure

.... .. . . . . .... . . ... . . ...

DeLux

I think KC is coming to this, but I won't be. I'll be Socal by then. Sorry :(

TP

Smash Master
Sucks you won't be there. Good to hear KC is coming though. Can you get them to come post in this thread? It would make organizing stuff easier on me.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I think I'm going to be in Columbia this weekend so I'll try to make it.

TP

Smash Master
This is just around the corner! It's really important that people come so we can show the great (cheap) venue that we are a good group to have tournaments for! Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, KC, Illinois (except Chicago because those Cubs fans can go **** themselves) all should come out in force!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I work until 3 :(.

So I'll be there and enter whatever I can. Preferably singles. I'm supposed to team with todd so I guess you could just not start our matches till we got there or put us in losers or something or if not I'll just not do teams and do singles.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
^No worries Jordan. Work comes first.

Tp, let me know if we'll be able to hold mine and Jordan's matches. We've been wanting to team for awhile, lmao.

Otherwise, someone team with me.

TP

Smash Master
As things are, 3:30 is too much of a stretch. However, I can do singles pools first (everyone gets out, just for seeding) in which case we can probably make it work. I owe Jordan 2 huge favors, so consider my favor debt down to 1.

HYPE!

I need a teammate lol.

Top Bottom