• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i disagree with roy not being popular in smash but only in his games he is not but i dont think hel return since then we will have 3 fe chars lol it would be awesome if we did

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
i disagree with roy not being popular in smash but only in his games he is not but i dont think hel return since then we will have 3 fe chars lol it would be awesome if we did
Wait, your pretty much obsessed with Roy but you don't think he'll return? xD But true, there would be a hella lot of people with swords in the game, which wouldn't be fair for all the cutesy characters. Who knows... :(

EPX2

Smash Ace
Dammit, Sakurai better confirmed Luigi before I explode from worrying too much. After all, he sorta took away Luigi's signature move(green missile) when it was confirmed that Pikachu's skull bash move was returning (screenshot in New Pork City)
Please don't post until you're able to think logically. Jesus Christ, wtf @ your ridiculous conclusion.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I do think that Lucas is better than Ness in the Earthbound/MOTHER games, besides, it seems that some of Ness's moves in Melee are actually Lucas's.

Besides, Lucas was supposed to reeplace Ness in Melee... is he doing it in Brawl? I doubt it.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I want Mewtwo, C. Falcon and Ganondorf back. Hopefully Ganondorf won't be a complete clone this time.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I want Mewtwo, C. Falcon and Ganondorf back. Hopefully Ganondorf won't be a complete clone this time.
^ That's right.

Actually... I want to put up a list in order of characters unconfirmed and my thoughts on their chances on returning:

1) C. Falcon - 99.7%
2) Luigi - 99.6
3) Ness - 99.5
4) Ganondorf - 99.3%
5) Mewtwo - 85%
6) Falco - 83%
7) Jigglypuff - 80%
8) Marth - 73%
9) Sheik - 60%
10) Mr. Game and Watch - 55%
11) Roy - 50%/45%
12) Pichu - 42%
13) Y. Link - 30%
14) Dr. Mario - 10%/5%

That's what I think though.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
^ That's right.

Actually... I want to put up a list in order of characters unconfirmed and my thoughts on their chances on returning:

1) C. Falcon - 99.7%
2) Luigi - 99.6
3) Ness - 99.5
4) Ganondorf - 99.3%
5) Mewtwo - 85%
6) Falco - 83%
7) Jigglypuff - 80%
8) Marth - 73%
9) Sheik - 60%
10) Mr. Game and Watch - 55%
11) Roy - 50%/45%
12) Pichu - 42%
13) Y. Link - 30%
14) Dr. Mario - 10%/5%

That's what I think though.
What factored into those wonky percentages? You'd think you figured that out with a calculator.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
How the hell does C.Falcon have more of a chance of returnin than Luigi does
I made that randomly, to show that those are my thoughts, and are not precise, you got it now?

But really, 0.1 points of difference is not that much.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
How the hell does C.Falcon have more of a chance of returnin than Luigi does
luigi was only in melee and a clone whereas cap has been in both games so far is way cooler and won't be a clone du to ganon probably getting his sword in brawl

however marth should be like 3rd or 4th at worst, he'll be back before mewtwo,falco, etc.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
luigi was only in melee and a clone whereas cap has been in both games so far is way cooler and won't be a clone du to ganon probably getting his sword in brawl

however marth should be like 3rd or 4th at worst, he'll be back before mewtwo,falco, etc.
^ This made me laugh, I almost fell from my chair!

Wrong, Luigi > C. Falcon. I did it randomly, ok?

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
well, why the he!! did you say its "your opinion" if its just random? what the F*** do you not ever think and just do random $H!T or what? dude u don't make any sense and you contradict yourself, so get your story straight!

oh and no, cap is way better than luigi

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
well, why the he!! did you say its "your opinion" if its just random? what the F*** do you not ever think and just do random $H!T or what? dude u don't make any sense and you contradict yourself, so get your story straight!

oh and no, cap is way better than luigi
Is it right to type... bad words?

And also, i'm contradicting myself yes, I made a mistake on the C. Falcon part.

Oh yeah, Luigi > C. Falcon, Luigi is way more known and popular, and liked, and important to Nintendo.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Do you know how to read?

If you do, then you would have noticed that is what I think.

Nothing is precise, just my thoughts.
There's no need to insult my intelligence. I know it's what you think, I'm not an idiot. My question was why your percentages were so specific. If you're going to be so specific with your percentages that you're going to include decimals, then I'd just like to know what caused you to do so.

For example, why did you give Luigi a 99.6% instead of a 99.5% or a 99.8% or something? There must be a reason or else you wouldn't have been that specific.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
There's no need to insult my intelligence. I know it's what you think, I'm not an idiot. My question was why your percentages were so specific. If you're going to be so specific with your percentages that you're going to include decimals, then I'd just like to know what caused you to do so.

For example, why did you give Luigi a 99.6% instead of a 99.5% or a 99.8% or something? There must be a reason or else you wouldn't have been that specific.
Ok, I apologize for that. And about the reason... I'm lazy enough like to do it. I prefer doing it when i'm doing all my effort to give full/big support to that character.

Actually... I planned on giving Luigi a 99.8, but that's a little too much for my liking, even for those who have even higher chances than Luigi (if there is any).

Tajem

Smash Apprentice
No, Luigi was in the original Smash64. He was an unlockable character. Not only that, but you had to fight him in the classic 1-P each time alongside Mario. o.O

Panik

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to have to vote for falk in the battle against chuck. Chuck just isn't fast enough, and how many guys do you think he has killed that knows how to pawnch a flaming bird at someone?

None.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Miyamoto for Assist Trophy!!!

lol... Miyamoto for AT!! :laugh::laugh:

Lol. We went from 1 Kirby Character in two games to 3 Kirby Characters! Lol. w00t. Dedede is gunna be that Slow character that sucks but its kinda cool he is in just to say hes in. Just for the chance, even though we might only use him once. Ya gotta have that kinda character for every game. So Who-Raw for Dedede.
what's wrong with DedeDe being heavy? actaully I love it, since I typicaly prefer heavy over light, which is why I main Bowser, but anyway I never actually thought he would turn out to be Heavy since I never really played any Kirby games, but now knowing this, he now actaully has some potential of becoming my main

Val-Lynn

Smash Rookie
When I first heard that Sakurai would be dropping characters in Brawl by stating that "not all characters from Melee will return", I really started to worry about the fates of such characters as Ness, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and other obscure characters.

My predictions for returning combatants:

Luigi (95%) - The only reason he isn't 100% is because he hasn't been revealed yet lol. I think it's pretty safe to assume he'll be there, probably with a reworked fighting style to further differentiate him from his brother. I also think he'll be a secret character again... and may play a surprising role in the Subspace Emissary...

Captain Falcon
(85%) - Although he could be considered obscure in that he never really leaves the cockpit in his own game series, and not necessarily being from the most popular of Nintendo's franchises, he has appeared in both the original Smash Bros and its sequel. On top of that, his rival Samurai Goroh (Though unfortunately not playable), has been confirmed to be in the game.

Ganondorf (80%) - His presence in Melee was well deserved, but strangely as a clone of Captain Falcon. Most people believe that the villain will return in Brawl with an all-new moveset and his appearance taken from Twilight Princess, as with Link and Zelda. If he's not revealed as a veteran before the game's release, I'd expect him to be an unlockable character.

Shiek (70%) - Although we already have Zelda confirmed, we have yet to see her alter ego. It's possible she may have been dropped due to the character's appearance being taken from Twilight Princess (Where Shiek had no role). However, Zelda's fighting style looks unchanged from Melee, so it's possible she may still have this transformation... and there's always those rumors...

Jigglypuff (65%) - Notable for being a popular character in Japan (And to a lesser extent, in the US as well). Jiggly was probably the first unlockable character most players would discover when playing through the games. That may be true once again just for old time's sake, but Jigglypuff's popularity has seemingly dropped since the revelation of new pokemon such as Lucario, Blaziken, and ugh... Gardevoir.

Falco (65%) - The Starfox series hasn't really been able to hang up there with Mario, Zelda, and Metroid lately, but to the Starfox fanbase, Falco remains a popular character and fan-favourite. Although a clone of Fox, he remains a requested character to return, though I believe he may be replaced by Krystal.

Marth (60%) - Marth has not been featured in a Fire Emblem game in years, and is notable for being the primary protagonist of the very first game. Since Ike's unveiling, I believe Marth's chances of being in are slimmer than before. And if by chance, another Fire Emblem character from the most recent games makes the cut, I'm sure he's gotten the axe.

Young Link (60%) - Although a fairly popular character from Melee, (And even stated to be the "True Link" in his trphy description), his chances are looking slim... at least in his previous incarnation. There's rumors abound about Cel-Shaded Link filling in for this clone, but I still think this is unlikely.

Mewtwo (55%) - Even three generations of pokemon later, Mewtwo is still one of the only Pokemon to be considered a villain (Deoxys is out of the picture). Unfortunately, Pokemon isn't generally known for evil villains, and Sakurai might deem Mewtwo inadequate for that reason, as well as the fact that he isn't nearly as popular anymore as he used to be. It doesn't help that he was considered one of the weakest characters in Melee (A contrast to his stance in the pokemon games and anime). Many tend to think that he might be replaced by Lucario, though it isn't impossible for them to coexist. Plus, most legendary Pokemon have receieved some sort of acknowledgment in Smash, and I think Mewtwo would too. It's even more unlikely he'll be a pokeball than get the boot.

Ness (50%) - Poor Ness. He was originally planned to be the only character in Melee to get the cut and be replaced by Lucas. This didn't happen since Mother 3 hadn't been released yet, and Ness barely made it. This time though, Lucas is here, and no word of Ness other than the possibility of him "surpassing Ness". Although I think he may be in there, possibly as an unlockable to throw off fans, to fight alongside Lucas... unless another Mother 3 character makes it in.

Mr. Game & Watch (50%) - The rumors of him being cut along with Ice Climbers were proven false (The ICe Climbers are confirmed)... but nothing has been said about G&W. He was definitely one of the most unique characters from Melee.

Roy (30%) - Roy was the protagonist of the Gameboy Advance Fire Emblem, and has not appeared in any recent game (To my knowledge). He might get the cut for very much the same reason as Marth... But doesn't have any real reason to return other than to be another veteran.

Pichu (25%) - Really only a joke character form Melee. Was Pikachu but lighter and did damage to itself... I don't see it returning unless to provide the same role.

Phew...
Firsts posts are always a doozy

Top Bottom