• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Im hoping Falco returns , he may have been a Clone but he was a pretty great Character , but if they do dump him , ill jus use Fox .. as for any other Returning characters , im not sure .. as i only used maybe 2 Characters in Melee
You're absolutely right Master-Kai.
It doesn't really matter who returns because even if your favorite fighter(s) from Melee doesn't make the cut, you will still find a new best and main in Brawl.

Falco was my best in Melee, but I'm good with a lot of characters and I'm sure I'll be good with even more newcomers. Luckily a few of my mains returned (Link, Bowser, Kirby, Fox) and I can't wait to get my hands on Meta Knight, Pit, and Snake. With enough practice, any character can be your best. It doesn't matter what characters make it and people shouldn't give up hope if their favorites don't. It's going to be a great game regardless of who makes it. You can have preferences and desires, but don't go nuts if you don't get everyone you wanted.

Chin up, chaps.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
here is something I noticed. The only 2 starters in melee that were not announec yet are Captian Falcon and Ness. Did they make them unlockable again since they were unlockable in SB64 and werent announced yet but yet both of thier logos have been revealed?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Could be. They're definitely only going to announce the starting roster, not revealing unlockables. CF better be unlockable if he's not starter... T.T

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I want Marth, and I want him fixed. Like for his brokenness not as in cheating, like fixed. Un-broken really, fixed is confusing. Broken is so like smash bros.
Actually, that's confusing.

And I don't think Sakurai should change Marth. Ok, maybe he should be tweaked a little, like maybe shorten his grab reach because that thing was unfairly nasty.
("Hey Marth. Ness called. He wants his grab range back.")
But other than that he's good where he is. All the characters in High and Middle Tier shouldn't be tampered with much. They're already at the prime tier area for this iunstallment of Smash to be a balanced game while still being fun and not aggrivating.

here is something I noticed. The only 2 starters in melee that were not announec yet are Captian Falcon and Ness. Did they make them unlockable again since they were unlockable in SB64 and werent announced yet but yet both of thier logos have been revealed?
I've been thinking the same thing since Wi-Fi play was revealed. Look at the character avatar screen. All the characters we have (minus one Snake) are on there, and no one else. This leads me to believe one of two things:

1) Miis are going to be playable characters and the rest of the starter characters' images are after them.
(The likelyhood that this could be the case is... quite small, so dont put your money on it.)

2) The characters we have seen so far that have their faces on the Wi-Fi avatar screen are our starter characters.
(Period.)

I don't see why Sakurai would have removed the rest of the other starters from that screen for no apparent reason other than to save what isn't technically a big secret. Sure, right now it's a big secret, but if they're starter characters we're going to know about them as soon as the game comes out anyway. And I don't see why he couldn't release them first and then give us the Wi-Fi update later. The game doesn't come out for more than another two months so it's not like he was pressed for time to reveal Wi-Fi play. He could have waited.

Also, notice how Sakurai wanted to make Snake (and the other 3rd Party guests) secret characters, and that Sakurai also said he would reveal the secret characters before the game came out. I figure that Snake might be one of the earlier/easier characters to unlock, and every character updated after this will be unlockable.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I don't see why Sakurai would have removed the rest of the other starters from that screen for no apparent reason other than to save what isn't technically a big secret. Sure, right now it's a big secret, but if they're starter characters we're going to know about them as soon as the game comes out anyway. And I don't see why he couldn't release them first and then give us the Wi-Fi update later. The game doesn't come out for more than another two months so it's not like he was pressed for time to reveal Wi-Fi play. He could have waited.
They could also update that screenshot in the Names update, too. Regardless, they just didn't. They could have editted it not expecting us to jump on it to judge the starting roster or anything like that. They're treating everything not shown yet like it's a secret and setting things up as they go to reflect that.

Also, notice how Sakurai wanted to make Snake (and the other 3rd Party guests) secret characters, and that Sakurai also said he would reveal the secret characters before the game came out. I figure that Snake might be one of the earlier/easier characters to unlock, and every character updated after this will be unlockable.
They could simply not do either of those things since Mr. Sakurai didn't say either of them were being done for sure. Snake and the other guest characters could very well be starters and everything shown now until the game's first release could only be what we start out with.

JPW

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who doesn't have it? Heck, I don't even have a Wii yet.

*sobs and continuously pumels fists into ground*

Ok back on topic...I got nothing.
No you aren't think about all the brits and europeans who have to wait till October 26th. Or think about those poor aussies who have to wait till November 8th.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
They could also update that screenshot in the Names update, too. Regardless, they just didn't. They could have editted it not expecting us to jump on it to judge the starting roster or anything like that. They're treating everything not shown yet like it's a secret and setting things up as they go to reflect that.

There's a difference between just smudging out a picture and totally removing and replacing it.
Which one seems more reasonable to you? Seriously.

They could simply not do either of those things since Mr. Sakurai didn't say either of them were being done for sure. Snake and the other guest characters could very well be starters and everything shown now until the game's first release could only be what we start out with.
Now, I could see Snake and the other 3rd Party guests being starters, but I can also see them being unlockables too. It's reasonable either way. But Sakurai had also mentioned that he would reveal some, if not all, of the secret characters before the game's release because of the evident leak from the internet. I don't see why he would go back on that idea. It makes sense.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
There's a difference between just smudging out a picture and totally removing and replacing it.
Which one seems more reasonable to you? Seriously.
Both seem equally reasonable. The pictures are probably each assigned a slot in the code, right? Just switch a couple numbers for a screenshot and they're hidden. There's probably, what, 84 or so avatars that could be on there? It'd be pathetically easy. And remember the whole "Screen shots on this site are all under development and subject to change."? That pretty much justifies doing that for this very purpose. Maybe more or less quicker than just blurring out a region of the screen depending on the circumstances.

Now, I could see Snake and the other 3rd Party guests being starters, but I can also see them being unlockables too. It's reasonable either way. But Sakurai had also mentioned that he would reveal some, if not all, of the secret characters before the game's release because of the evident leak from the internet. I don't see why he would go back on that idea. It makes sense.
It would also make sense to try and keep them secret for as long as possible but it's almost guaranteed that they'll be leaked before the US release. But...remember when we counted how many red updates remained? There're still quite a few and each veteran or newcomer just brings a handfull more...combined with the inevitable AT, PKMN, Music, and whatnot update, it's hard to imagine fitting in a decent amount of secret characters in the time from now to the release.

LordRevan1

Smash Rookie
Going back to the Falco discussion, I hope he makes it in, since he's awesome. As for Capt. Falcon, his absence so far is a tad suspicious.

P.S. Ganondorf and Sheik have been confirmed cuz someone from the SSBB team said he was working on their costumes in an interview.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Both seem equally reasonable. The pictures are probably each assigned a slot in the code, right? Just switch a couple numbers for a screenshot and they're hidden. There's probably, what, 84 or so avatars that could be on there? It'd be pathetically easy. And remember the whole "Screen shots on this site are all under development and subject to change."? That pretty much justifies doing that for this very purpose. Maybe more or less quicker than just blurring out a region of the screen depending on the circumstances.
Actually, I had no idea about "Screenshots on this site are all under development and subject to change.", but I just saw it now. Thanks for pointing that out for me, I really thought everything was final.
(Seriously, no joke, I thought that. I'm not too proud to admit it. :ohwell:)

I guess any arguement I come up with now would be... kinda pointless.

It would also make sense to try and keep them secret for as long as possible but it's almost guaranteed that they'll be leaked before the US release. But...remember when we counted how many red updates remained? There're still quite a few and each veteran or newcomer just brings a handfull more...combined with the inevitable AT, PKMN, Music, and whatnot update, it's hard to imagine fitting in a decent amount of secret characters in the time from now to the release.
Well, just because we counted how many red updates were left, doesn't mean that we need to have them by the game's release. I suppose the only red ones that we should get by Dec 3 would have to be:

1. All the newcomers' special moves - Which right now totals to 10 updates. (assuming Sakurai will go by twos)

2. Each character's FS - Which right now totals to 10. (11 if Zamus has one)

3. Any of the current veterans' new moves- Which is basically incalculable but if we go by worst case scenario and say that: Kirby has a new dB, Pikachu has a new fB, Samus has a new fB/dB/uB, Zelda has a new nB/dB, Bowser has a new dB/fB/uB, DK has a new fB/uB, Yoshi has a new dB/fB, Peach has a new fB/uB, and the ICs have a new uB/fB/nB. This gives us 9. One for each character.
(Because ALL of these moves are unconfirmed, but most of which I have no doubt will return. Remember, I said "worst case scenario".)

4. If Sheik returns- In which case we'll need her update, any new special moves she has, and her FS.

Total, that's an estimated 32 or 33 at best (or worst, depending on your disposition). We have 47 updates left until Brawl releases, and 48 if we get an update ON Dec 3rd. So I suppose a few secret characters couldn't hurt, especially since there are about 15 days with nothing planned or expected.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
2. Each character's FS - Which right now totals to 10. (11 if Zamus has one)
I've also been wondering if Zero-Suit will even have a Final smash, man I hope she does, the more the merrier:laugh:

4. If Sheik returns- In which case we'll need her update, any new special moves she has, and her FS.
perhaps she might return but I do not believe ALL secret characters will not be announced before Brawl's release due to marketing, maybe characters like 3rd party will be released afterward (assuming Sakurai still updates the DOJO afterwards) which in the case he did afterwards, then Brawl would attract more people into buying the game since people would be anxious to find out who the 3rd part characters are

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
perhaps she might return but I do not believe ALL secret characters will not be announced before Brawl's release due to marketing, maybe characters like 3rd party will be released afterward (assuming Sakurai still updates the DOJO afterwards) which in the case he did afterwards, then Brawl would attract more people into buying the game since people would be anxious to find out who the 3rd part characters are
I have reason to believe that:
(A) 3rd Party characters will be released before or on December 3rd due to marketing and advertising reasons. [They will probably want their characters to have some face time in advertisements and the box cover. The 3rd Parties ARE getting some money out of having their characters in the game, don't-ya-know!]
(B) No, not all the secret characters will be revealed beforehand. That would take the fun out of playing the game and spending time searching for anything on your own. I only feel that the "easy-to-find" unlockable characters will be revealed before Brawl's release. [You know, like a character you would get for beating a 1P Mode, or a character that you get for beating all the "Break the Targets" scenarios with each character, or a character that you can find by playing with each individual character in multiplayer. Simple stuff. The more complicated ones can come later: Beat "15 Minute Brawl", beat a stage at a certain exact time (Remember "XX:X2:XX", anyone? So confusing when I first heard it.)]

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I've also been wondering if Zero-Suit will even have a Final smash, man I hope she does, the more the merrier:laugh:
I have thought about this too but I have also considered this:

In a quote about Final Smashes from Sakurai's post: "The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed."

Notice how it says "once". If Samus has to use her Zero Laser in order to become ZSS, then I really don't think she will have one.

If she ends up becoming her own character from the start, then I would say, Heck Yes She'll have a Final Smash.

OmegaXXII

(A) 3rd Party characters will be released before or on December 3rd due to marketing and advertising reasons. [They will probably want their characters to have some face time in advertisements and the box cover. The 3rd Parties ARE getting some money out of having their characters in the game, don't-ya-know!]
yea I suppose, but still I think sakurai might at least keep one in the shadows like Megaman and Sonic perhaps would be revealed and go in the art box

(B) No, not all the secret characters will be revealed beforehand. That would take the fun out of playing the game and spending time searching for anything on your own. I only feel that the "easy-to-find" unlockable characters will be revealed before Brawl's release. [You know, like a character you would get for beating a 1P Mode, or a character that you get for beating all the "Break the Targets" scenarios with each character, or a character that you can find by playing with each individual character in multiplayer. Simple stuff. The more complicated ones can come later: Beat "15 Minute Brawl", beat a stage at a certain exact time (Remember "XX:X2:XX", anyone? So confusing when I first heard it.)]
yea that's what I was thinking, only the complex "hard-to-get" characters won't be revealed probably until after it's released or probably won't reveal them at all which would be good because like you said it would take out all the fun out of playing the game if every little secret got revealed on the DOJO

I have thought about this too but I have also considered this:

In a quote about Final Smashes from Sakurai's post: "The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed."

Notice how it says "once". If Samus has to use her Zero Laser in order to become ZSS, then I really don't think she will have one.

If she ends up becoming her own character from the start, then I would say, Heck Yes She'll have a Final Smash.
you sure pointed that out well, even so I still hope she has one even though it's unlikely

OmegaXXII

I believe that Mr. Game and Watch should be back. Also Marth.
I have good news my friend, iot seems he might return since the Ice Climbers came back and apperantly it's been proven that he might return

meh to both. actually, i don't really care who returns. i just hate waiting for the ganondorf update since i already know he's in. -__-
Hey Kaento, actually I want to see both Game & Watch and Marth because they were awesome, and yea I can't wait to see Ganon confirmed :cool:

Capt Falcon Has to be included!!!!
he is practically guaranteed since trophies from his game have already been revealed

OmegaXXII

^yup good sig, although you should take out Ness (being honest) and yea I am really hoping to nener ever see them again especially the little rat

JPW

Smash Ace
I don't get how it is proven the G&W could be back.

It's by some alphabetical order right? How do we know? He might actually skip G&W icon and move on to someone like Captain Falcon.

To all those people that think they've figured out Sakurai's formula. You don't know what he's doing. If you did you'd be getting it right everyday, and we wouldn't have to go to a website and wait for the proper time and find out.

I refuse to believe that there is a formula. I spent a lot of time trying to figure each update and when it is coming or if there is a hint of what's coming for this week. BUt at the end of the day I want to be shocked, and have him do something different. Something I didn't see coming, and once in a while Sakurai delivers that, but at the weirdest time.

There are going to be surprises. And he's got his own tricks.

Also G&W was a hidden character. And if it's true about Sakurai revealing only starters then chances G&W could be still be a hidden character. So we wont know until the right time.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I could sound like a n00b saying this but we're getting Tom Nook. Why? We'll the Animal Crossing updates doesn't have a Animal Crossing symbol it has the Logo for Nook's shop. Like when we considered Cptn. Falcon on the semi-confirmed list when we got the Goroh update with Falcon's symbol on it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I could sound like a n00b saying this but we're getting Tom Nook. Why? We'll the Animal Crossing updates doesn't have a Animal Crossing symbol it has the Logo for Nook's shop. Like when we considered Cptn. Falcon on the semi-confirmed list when we got the Goroh update with Falcon's symbol on it.
Well, what would you consider the "Animal Crossing" symbol?

LordRevan1

Smash Rookie
I agree with u man, that mkaes sense, What joy would there be if all the cool secret characters are revealed before u even play?

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
Man I can't believe how many posts I read about "they need to take out this character/that character" on this thread!

Am I really the only one who would hope that all of the characters from Melee will return? I mean, how does character XY coming back affect you? D: I'm not mad or flaming anyone, just really shocked I guess that so many people actually want characters REMOVED.

If anyone, I think it'd make a little more sense to see people say "remove this character because he's too strong/overpowered!" THEN I could understand why they'd want him gone, but to remove someone just because it's a hardly used character, or you think he's worthless or so, seems so pointless to me.

But yeah, if you haven't gotten it yet, I hope they all return :) Still waiting to see Luigi on the updates!!! Yay!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
However, it's already confirmed we have cuts. And one of the many reasons to cut Sheik for example IS because she's overpowered, and then again it's probarly the weakest ant-Sheik arguement I can think of.

One thing is for sure, Dr.Mario and Pichu are the most likely to get the axe.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ohhh, wait nevermind. I know what the Giros are now. They're those little guys that look like stumps and make silly noises and are just there for show.

But nah, I still say the leaf is a better decision for the AC emblem.
Giros are just annoying items, I think I read once that they're a reference to something else too, so they're not really AC rep material. However, the holey leaf is the logo for Tom's store(s) and every item takes the shape of the leaf whenever it's dropped. Those leaves are your life in AC, Giros you can choose to throw away.

JPW

Smash Ace
I wonder if it will be a triple update on Friday again. Could he goes two weeks in a row doing that. It's just that this week was very shallow we need somethingf big to finish off. I was thinking he could reveal Captain Falcon tomorrow.

Start off with the Character update, then the F-zero Stage update, then the theme Music update. That be awesome and be perfect timing.

also Captain Falcon is a shoe-in I feel. Samurai Goroh as an assist and Dr. Stewart as a trophy.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
This week has been far from shallow, JPW. We've gotten two FSes, a very popular AT, and the reconfirmation of trophies. This has definitely been one of the better weeks.

I doubt we'll be getting another three post update tomorrow, but a good way to end off the week would be with CFalcon, Ness, Marth, Sheik, or a newcomer. Also, I could see maybe a double update. Maybe another game mode update or a video clip from Subspace.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I would really enjoy a returning update. Perferably someone that hasn't been hinted at. Possibly an early unlockable, like Jigglypuff. That would blow my mind. With ... Game Mode = How To Unlock Secrets! "including Jiggs and Snake"

Yeah :)

OMG GIROS YES!!!!!
Final Smash, Giros plop up everywhere and act like wabbafets but don't effect him. Only the smallest ones first, and they slowy plop up more and more and bigger ones overtime. Everyone bounces around and can't touch the ground. Then the BIGGEST one plops in the middle of the stage and everybody dies.
MUHAHAHA

Top Bottom