• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Thanks, but why take out Ness? He was my main in SSB64. I'm not going to leave the kid hangin'. He's been good to me.
no,I didn't mean that I disliked Ness, it's just that the Ness in your sig didn't come out looking so well:laugh:

This week has been far from shallow, JPW. We've gotten two FSes, a very popular AT, and the reconfirmation of trophies. This has definitely been one of the better weeks.

I doubt we'll be getting another three post update tomorrow, but a good way to end off the week would be with CFalcon, Ness, Marth, Sheik, or a newcomer. Also, I could see maybe a double update. Maybe another game mode update or a video clip from Subspace.
Definetly has been a good week, especially Snake's moves, but yea it woild be great if we got Capn't Falcon or Ness(Lucas) who are most likely to be confirmed anytime soon, I would indeed want to see another videoclip, and btw what's up with you and Giros?

JPW

Smash Ace
Well it my view it's been very shallow. I had a feeling trophies would be back never doubted them. Diddy's Kong's FS was crap in my view, Mr .Resettit I don't care much for. I'm not an AC fan and the lectures I don't care much for let alone get, and the PT FS was a shock but it was pretty predictable it would use all 3, and I felt it was time we got a few more FS.

But that's just me. Nothing has really surprised me this week. But then again seeing a Snake update last week was pretty surprising. So I can't expect everything, but I reckon it's been shallow.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Were getting a veteran look at the last character updates

Meta Knight: Newcomer
Ice Climbers: Veteran
Snake: Newcomer

Do I see a pattern?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Patterns don't exist. Don't even try to make them out, lol. Sakurai does things his own way.

Want proof? We had two Final Smashes this week.

I hope we get a newcomer.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
no,I didn't mean that I disliked Ness, it's just that the Ness in your sig didn't come out looking so well:laugh:
Haha, yea, I did my best. Remember, that's my first ever Photoshopped image. I wanted to get a screenshot of Ness from SSB64 to show that he's my best. (And I used BumbleBee Ness because I like that alt-color the best. Couldn't find a good picture of a Red or Blue Falco, though...)

and btw what's up with you and Giros?
roy_owns said that he thinks Giros would be a better emblem to represent AC, and I had NO idea what the hell he was talking about. I didn't remember what they were until just before.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
:urg:Jiggs, Mewtwo and Chirotory

what? I just thought I join in...

seriously though,
wtf is with people naming a few characters?

Jiggs is gonna pound (pun<) the crap out of this game :chuckle: I wonder what funky smashes she'll get. Hopefully her Dsmash works similar to melees, that ruled. And of course we all want rest to have no lag. Jump cancled rest...oh my... :laugh:

King Dedede Kirby

Smash Rookie
FYI, I don't hate him I just think that they should give him completely different moves than
Fox. Like being able to glide with his bird wings.

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
I think Ganondorf should return, it's a good character. Even if he's slow, he's very powerful; and now that we know that Zelda and Link are in the game, Ganondorf should enter too to complete the Zelda trio.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I think Ganondorf should return, it's a good character. Even if he's slow, he's very powerful; and now that we know that Zelda and Link are in the game, Ganondorf sholud enter too to complete the Zelda trio.
No ****... no ****...

*Its Triforce trio thats the official name but I guess some people say Zelda trio.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No you dont have to be sorry its just im a big Zelda fan XD but Ganondorf is 100% going to be in... there is no reason to leave him out and the interview...

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
It's me again, the mason of walls of text.

Weeks and weeks ago I went off about my character count theories, including how the only starting roster character from Melee that may not come back was...Ice Climbers. I always counted Meta, Snake and Peach after the video. Snake was a hidden character, plain fact.

So much for that, that, and that. The only bogus confirms we have to count on...Falcon, Ness, both of which have icons and assist trophies out. With them gone counted off on my fingers, twenty two characters, or twenty one if Zamus is a transformation.

Eight weeks left...If they keep up the twice/thrice broken character a week pattern, thirty characters off the bat. Or, they could do less, or glob on tons near launch. As wobbly as it is, set the bar around thirty. Hidden characters will push it at least into the forties, fifty is max.

Minus the two lemons, loose maximum of six all new characters. The Animal Crossing Icon has been haunting me for weeks, I have to accept there's a chance there is indeed some one behind it. The rest are a roulette wheel's guess.

'As if they wouldn't be back' characters. Luigi, Jiggs, Ganon, Marth, possibly Pichu because of Sakurai's odd liking of him. People who might be tweaked...G&W, Mewtwo (Could very well turn out mid-tier or higher with the new power system), Young Link, Falco. The easy cuts, Roy and Doc. We have Ike for a power-sword, Doc might have been sneaked in by an intern as a prank he was that poorly inserted.

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
No you dont have to be sorry its just im a big Zelda fan XD but Ganondorf is 100% going to be in... there is no reason to leave him out and the interview...
I also think that Zelda should keep his ability to transform into Sheik, or put him as an other character.
He's very fast and powerful (at least in SSBM). But I think it would be better that Zelda keeps the ability.

And thanks for the correction.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Haha, yea, I did my best. Remember, that's my first ever Photoshopped image. I wanted to get a screenshot of Ness from SSB64 to show that he's my best. (And I used BumbleBee Ness because I like that alt-color the best. Couldn't find a good picture of a Red or Blue Falco, though...)
oh I see, bringing the good ol' powerful Ness from SSB huh, that's clever because he indeed was one of my favorites in that game as well :grin:

roy_owns said that he thinks Giros would be a better emblem to represent AC, and I had NO idea what the hell he was talking about. I didn't remember what they were until just before.
I guess, but the emblems imo don't really matter to me, what matters most are what characters from the series are gonna be in, emblems are the least of my worries

sure hit the nail on the head, Ganon should and is gonna return

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
Nah, I'd say Jiggz has a good chance of returning because she was in the first one, is popular, and is a great fighter.
most likely she will return. i just never really understood why she was picked out of all of the other great pokemon to be in smash. there's nothing wrong with that but i just thought that someone like charmander, squirtle or bulbasaur(dont know if i spelled that right) would have been in the first smash over her.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I think most people were awestruck when they unlocked Jiggz in the first game. Of all the great pokemon to fight with... Sakurai picked THIS one!?

But, in the end it turned out to be a great choice. It just took until the release of Melee and the formation of SWF to really understand Jiggly's (along with many other characters') full potential.

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
What's wrong with Jigglypuff? He has his own moveset and is completely original. And why remove a character that is not original? That's why I believe that the 3 characterw who have the largest cahnce of not coming back are Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Young Link. IF MArth does come back, then maybe Roy will be changed a little. Ganondorf will come back, but changed. Same with Luigi and Falco.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
I think most people were awestruck when they unlocked Jiggz in the first game. Of all the great pokemon to fight with... Sakurai picked THIS one!?

Jigglypuff wasn't supposed to be in smash bros at all. Pit was going to be in ssb64 but they ran into late complications with his wings and they didn't have time to remake what they had already done. Therefore, they put Jigglypuff over his animation as a way of preserving what they had as the aireal style detail along with the fact that Jigglypuff was easy to do in terms of last minute editing and she was a big puffball that could fill enough space to cover the image. They also chose Jigglypuff because of her imense popularity in Japan. Pit is in ssb64...behind Jiggs.

But, in the end it turned out to be a great choice. It just took until the release of Melee and the formation of SWF to really understand Jiggly's (along with many other characters') full potential.
Ha, noones reached anyones potential, and really? SWF was necissary for that? I thought people could just learn by trying new things. My mistake :rolleyes:

Lag

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game and Watch, because he pretty much gave birth to Nintendo. His moves were original and each of his moves are part of history. He is the very first 2D playable character of the Smash franchise. Long live the great, great, great, great, great...grandfather of Nintendo!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Jigglypuff wasn't supposed to be in smash bros at all. Pit was going to be in ssb64 but they ran into late complications with his wings and they didn't have time to remake what they had already done. Therefore, they put Jigglypuff over his animation as a way of preserving what they had as the aireal style detail along with the fact that Jigglypuff was easy to do in terms of last minute editing and she was a big puffball that could fill enough space to cover the image. They also chose Jigglypuff because of her imense popularity in Japan. Pit is in ssb64...behind Jiggs.
Ummm... yea? I know that. Jiggly replaced Pit because Sakurai feared no one would know who Pit was, and pokemon was at the height of its popularity so they picked another one that shared the potential to be aerially dominant with 5 jumps.

Oh, and the whole "Jigglypuff was fat enough to be physically placed over Pit so that's who they put in" is a dumb arguement. And it makes you sound dumb. Don't make stuff up.

Ha, noones reached anyones potential, and really? SWF was necissary for that? I thought people could just learn by trying new things. My mistake :rolleyes:
Oh, you're right. I'm sure everyone who is now a part of the Smash Community would have figured out wavedashing and Z-cancelling / L-cancelling and how to SHL and Wobbling and the Shine Infinite and Pillaring and the Link/YLink Superjump and Mewtwo's Confusion Trap and the dozens of other techniques that I fail to recall from memory, all of which that show the potential in every single character from the games, all by themselves.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
Oh, you're right. I'm sure everyone who is now a part of the Smash Community would have figured out wavedashing and Z-cancelling / L-cancelling and how to SHL and Wobbling and the Shine Infinite and Pillaring and the Link/YLink Superjump and Mewtwo's Confusion Trap and the dozens of other techniques that I fail to recall from memory, all of which that show the potential in every single character from the games, all by themselves.
ohh, he got'cha there!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
I'm sure nobody would ever notice that you could cancle an areal attack by pressing L if they played for more than a year. I'm sure nobody would figure out that you can fast fall or short hop let alone use an attack like, oh a laser at the same time. I'm sure nobody ever dodge into the ground. (for the record, I was WDing long before I even heard the term or saw it used by anyone but me or my smash buds.) Superjumps Wobbling Waveshines. If nobody figures those out after 6 freakin years, than people are even stupider than I thought. Or maybe it would be the people who play this particular game but I know that's not the case. And pillaring? That was hard to figure out? Dair and DB? wow, brains just flood this world we call Smash Community. Everything from the Yo-Yo glitch to black holes to Soul Breakers should be figured out in time. That doesn't have anything to do with reaching potential, maybe we have an idea on what it could be if someone did but no one ever has.

ohh, he got'sht there!

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
oh I see, bringing the good ol' powerful Ness from SSB huh, that's clever because he indeed was one of my favorites in that game as well :grin:

I guess, but the emblems imo don't really matter to me, what matters most are what characters from the series are gonna be in, emblems are the least of my worries

sure hit the nail on the head, Ganon should and is gonna return

Ganon has been confirmed by the maker in magizines

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'm sure nobody would ever notice that you could cancle an areal attack by pressing L if they played for more than a year. I'm sure nobody would figure out that you can fast fall or short hop let alone use an attack like, oh a laser at the same time. I'm sure nobody ever dodge into the ground. (for the record, I was WDing long before I even heard the term or saw it used by anyone but me or my smash buds.) Superjumps Wobbling Waveshines. If nobody figures those out after 6 freakin years, than people are even stupider than I thought. Or maybe it would be the people who play this particular game but I know that's not the case. And pillaring? That was hard to figure out? Dair and DB? wow, brains just flood this world we call Smash Community. Everything from the Yo-Yo glitch to black holes to Soul Breakers should be figured out in time. That doesn't have anything to do with reaching potential, maybe we have an idea on what it could be if someone did but no one ever has.

ohh, he got'sht there!
Oh you did? You found all those things out by yourself?
Well I'm sorry we can't all be prodigies like you, but most of the players out there (even some of the best) learned their tricks from SWF.
And I'm sure that, had most people not found out about the better qualities and potential that a specific character has, they wouldn't be half as good as they are today because they would still think "t3h Ph1r3" was the best thing any character could have.

Liambod

Smash Rookie
*First Post*

Definatly Ganondorf, but a better move set is needed, not just a heavy captain falcon

Falco, I prefured him to fox So i woud like him there.

Mewtwo was great fun when using his mind to chuck about players and items. Plus we don't have that many ''baddies'' in the smash bros games so we need all we can get

And Good old ron dou dou , Jigglypuff, nothing better than getting her out, people laughing cos they think shes crap, then blasting them away with rest

King Dedede Kirby

Smash Rookie
Do remember that even though she can use "rest", she has to overlap her opponents or she'll
just leave herself open for attacks.

Top Bottom