• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
Most melee characters are likely to return, nut I think Game & Watch is the most doubtful to return in brawl, he was sort of obscure and one -off

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
Ness fights fairly uniquley at the moment so they wouldn'e remove him unless lucas was extremley similiar

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I believe Mr. Game & Watch should definetly return, and no I don't believe he was obscure, but unique as for Lucas and Ness both should definetly return I beleive they would not be clones after all Lucas is more powerful like Sakurai mentioned therby having different moves

roy_owns

Smash Lord
out of curiousity where's the screensdhot of Mr. Saturn? but anyway, like Dyce mentioned Sakurai could do anything with Brawl and yea I really hope NESS makes it as well, but like was originally in SBB64 that would be sweet, or better yet better moves, but different from Lucas of course
I couldn't find it but look at the video of Snake (The first one). Bowser threw a Mr. Saturn at Snake and he batted it away.

OmegaXXII

^why not? I believe Mr. Game &Watch was better than most other clones like Dr. Mario, Pichu, YLink and was special looking meaning he is 2d, and no it's not so Likely for Sakurai to remove him because the Ice Climbers got confirmed so that gives G&W a chance

Zevox

Smash Lord
I don't think Game & Watch SHOULD be removed but he is the most likely to be removed
How so? Hes a highly unique character who was put in to honor the man who created portable gaming systems. Plus he was Nintendo's first character ever. What makes him more likely to be removed than redundant characters like Pichu and the Doc or characters whose reason for being in has expired like Roy?

Zevox

FalconPunch_

Smash Cadet
I want Captain Falcon to return (i wanna snapshot of him Falcon-Punching Goroh) Pichu should be a Poke-Ball character if he returns, and Mr. Game & Watch should be an Assist Trophy

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
MrG&W better make the cut now. Classic 2-D ATs just help his case so much. They look like crap, but they've got an old school representation that everyone can love and they are very effective tools.

I'd also like to see a classic AT version of every character. That would be pretty cool. Just imagine a little pixelated Mario running around hammering everybody, or a little pixelated Link walking around poking people and conjuring up whirlwinds that blow people away.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
MrG&W better make the cut now. Classic 2-D ATs just help his case so much. They look like crap, but they've got an old school representation that everyone can love and they are very effective tools.

I'd also like to see a classic AT version of every character. That would be pretty cool. Just imagine a little pixelated Mario running around hammering everybody, or a little pixelated Link walking around poking people and conjuring up whirlwinds that blow people away.
that's an interesting idea:) are there any characters that don't have a pixelated form? i really can't think of any at the moment..

G&W for brawl!

OmegaXXII

^lol.. I think it would have to be Sonic, but anyway that's a pretty interesting idea having 2d pixels of characters as assist trophies especially seeing Bowser pixalized

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
that's an interesting idea:) are there any characters that don't have a pixelated form? i really can't think of any at the moment..

G&W for brawl!
It could work for Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, DK, Link, Zelda, Ganon (not -dorf), Kirby, Meta, Lucas, Ness (if he's in, which he should/will be), Samus, ICs, MrG&W, PT, Pikachu, Pit, Wario (plumber-style).

And I don't suppose there are any good ones for Fox, CFalcon, Diddy, Ike, Marth, and Snake. They could make them pixelated, but they'd have to work on their own steam. I don't think any of those characters had playable models from the olden days.

OmegaXXII

^me either but that's just people from both sides, I of course want him back just as much as you do I suppose which I hope he does like I said a ka-zillion times

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Mr Game & Watch taken out of the playable roster? Thats as stupid as thinking Ice Climbers werent going to be playable...-.-

Does any G&W hater understand how important G&W is to Sakurai? Same with IC. o.o

Ferret

Smash Cadet
Althoug I don't like him and he's annoying G&W should be back IMO.
There's no good reason to kick him out of the roster <.<

katanagash

Smash Apprentice
It would be great to see every character return but I would prefer each person to have an original set of moves. I hate it when characters clone somebody else.

OmegaXXII

Everyone will return!
That is the will of sakurai, for he can not be questioned.
everyone but Pichu, Dr, Mario, Roy, Ylink (possibly replaced by WW Link)

It would be great to see every character return but I would prefer each person to have an original set of moves. I hate it when characters clone somebody else.
QFT!!!!!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
And I don't suppose there are any good ones for Fox, CFalcon, Diddy, Ike, Marth, and Snake. They could make them pixelated, but they'd have to work on their own steam. I don't think any of those characters had playable models from the olden days.
Marth and Snake had 2D models in their 2D games and technically Diddy's in the DKC games is pixelated.

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
Lol itz funny how when I lookin @ past responses they say stuff like, peach will not return, niether will IC. Oh well. Anywayz, about 21 of the characters in melee are likely to come back, with three or more of them getting a huge facelift. Personally ness I think will be disowned to the roster now that lucas, who is more powerful in PSI, surpasses his own. but, we'll see

pud22

Smash Apprentice
these threads are sooo annoying!!!Can any1 give me one legitimate reason y they would take any1 out? definetley not bcuz they r similar 2 another char (i.e. ness and lucas). THEY DONT HAVE 2 TAKE ANY1 OUT!!! thats what ppl dont seem to realize. i honestly dont even kno y the rumors even started. they didnt take any1 out from SSB to SSBM y would they for this. they arent limited to a certain # of characters they can have in the game.did sakurai announce that any chars were being removed? NO. and its ridiculous to assume that they will. they could have as many chars as they like and it would make no sense if they removed anybody and they would ultimately be hurting themselves. i wouldnt b the least bit suprised if evry char from SSBM was in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

these threads are sooo annoying!!!Can any1 give me one legitimate reason y they would take any1 out? definetley not bcuz they r similar 2 another char (i.e. ness and lucas). THEY DONT HAVE 2 TAKE ANY1 OUT!!! thats what ppl dont seem to realize. i honestly dont even kno y the rumors even started. they didnt take any1 out from SSB to SSBM y would they for this. they arent limited to a certain # of characters they can have in the game. they could have as many as they like and it would make no sense if they removed anybody and they would ultimately be hurting themselves. i wouldnt b the least suprised if evry char from SSBM was in Brawl.
You are mostly correct, but putting in tonz of characters, means they have to balence more of them, and also means that they have less time to work on other stuff.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
You are mostly correct, but putting in tonz of characters, means they have to balence more of them, and also means that they have less time to work on other stuff.
i agree but balancing the chars they alrdy have isnt the hard part. so y would they take em out. i kno they cant have too many chars but still.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
i agree but balancing the chars they alrdy have isnt the hard part. so y would they take em out. i kno they cant have too many chars but still.
I don't even understand why they can't just have a lot of characters. Marvel Vs Capcom 2 has 56 characters in it (Even if they are just cut and paste from their previous games)! Come on now, gimme the whole nintendo world already! =P

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lmao why does eveyone want Roy out? cuz hes too good >.> lol if hes out then im counting on Marth

Top Bottom