• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Everybody will probley still be there.I dont think Nintendo would get rid of any characters in the Smash Bros series.
Actually, Sakurai said that most likely not all characters from Melee would return.

But, around here, the only characters we think are DEFINITELY going are Dr Mario and Pichu. Maybe Roy and maybe YLink too, but definitely Doc and Pichu.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I looked through this whole page of people's list and didn't see Falco ONCE! Dure Krystal and Wolf are likely, but Falco deserves to be in.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
I looked through this whole page of people's list and didn't see Falco ONCE! Dure Krystal and Wolf are likely, but Falco deserves to be in.
If anyone is going to come from the starfox team it's going to be Krystal. It's likely they'll also add a starfox villian, Wolf. But Falco is just another member of the starfox team who was cloned in the last game. I'm not saying his moveset can't be redone, but it's likely they will only add two more starfox chars and falco ain't one of them.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I dont like Falco that much but,he is a good character.I dont understand why his and Ganandorf's moves were the same in SSBM.
Captain Falcon you mean... not Falco, or haven't you un locked him yet? XD

The reason they were CLONES was because the game was rushed.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to repost my theory on Dark Samus here, just because this thread gets more traffic than the one I posted in. :p

Aphotik said:
After reading the post about Dark Samus a few pages back, I'd have to agree that he (yes he, although I believe it's genderless) wouldn't be a clone of Samus. Dark Samus doesn't have any weapons that Samus does, except for using the blaster. Here would be his special moves:

Standard Special: Phazon Beam

Dark Samus shoots out strips of phazon energy that temporarily corrupts the enemy. There's no charging here and I'd say it could work out like Bowser's fire breath in that it fades slowly the longer you use it.

Down Special: Meteor (give me a better name for this :p)

You know that meteor attack Dark Samus used in Echoes the first time you battle him? Say hello to Dark Samus' down special. Dark Samus turns into a ball of phazon energy and strikes the ground hitting anyone in his way.

Up Special: Particle Formation

Ok we all know Dark Samus can turn into a bunch of phazon particles at will right? Well...when the up + b combo is used, Dark Samus could burst into a bunch of particles and reform in any direction you tilt the control stick. Kind of like teleporting, but much cooler imo.

Side Special: Metroid Swarm

I'm not too sure about this one but I couldn't really think of anything else. Dark Samus is really Metroid Prime who is the mother of all metroids right? (I could be wrong but) So side special could be Dark Samus summoning a couple of metroids and sending them to attack a nearby player.

And of course he would be floating while running just like mewtwo. And there's just a bunch of cool stuff Dark Samus could do.

So yeah, Dark Samus would be a cool character imo. What do you guys think? Does he really have a chance?

LP Smasher

Smash Rookie
I think they should add some of the villans from super paper mario because I liked them all especaily MR L.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If anyone is going to come from the starfox team it's going to be Krystal. It's likely they'll also add a starfox villian, Wolf. But Falco is just another member of the starfox team who was cloned in the last game. I'm not saying his moveset can't be redone, but it's likely they will only add two more starfox chars and falco ain't one of them.
If Krystal gets in and Falco doesn't, I will go ape****. She doesn't deserve that kind of honor. She's, technically "just another member of StarFox" too, only she hasn't been around as long as Falco.

She's got a staff? Falco has a cannon.
She's got a ******? Well, who cares? Falco still has seniority, and Krystal's ovaries aren't going to change that.

Krystal's an alright character, and I wouldn't mind her being added to the roster, but not at the expense of Falco.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
If Krystal gets in and Falco doesn't, I will go ape****. She doesn't deserve that kind of honor. She's, technically "just another member of StarFox" too, only she hasn't been around as long as Falco.

She's got a staff? Falco has a cannon.
She's got a ******? Well, who cares? Falco still has seniority, and Krystal's ovaries aren't going to change that.

Krystal's an alright character, and I wouldn't mind her being added to the roster, but not at the expense of Falco.
Well if they bring in Falco's cannon then I'll have no reason to complain. Krystal is pretty much a shoe in. But Falco may be replaced by another character, namely Wolf. Just because he's a villain though, doesn't mean he'll make it. Falco could still get a unique moveset. Whatever they decide to do is fine with me.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'd much rather prefer Falco returning than Wolf getting in. Honestly, I'd even prefer it if Falco got in over Krystal, even though I support her as a newcomer.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I wouldn't mind as much if Wolf got in over Falco, just because he's been around almost as long as Falco, and is arguably more important, being Fox's rival rather than his right-hand man. I'd be upset, but I'd understand.

Mostly, I just want Falco back in general.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Falco's been in all the Starfox games, Wolf's only been in 3 and honestly never struck me as that interesting a character. I just don't really see the reason in Falco being replaced at all, Sakurai obviously thought he was best rep after Fox for the series, and I don't see why that would change now :ohwell:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Falco's been in all the Starfox games, Wolf's only been in 3 and honestly never struck me as that interesting a character. I just don't really see the reason in Falco being replaced at all, Sakurai obviously thought he was best rep after Fox for the series, and I don't see why that would change now :ohwell:
You're a man after my own heart, sir.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
After reading the post about Dark Samus a few pages back, I'd have to agree that he (yes he, although I believe it's genderless) wouldn't be a clone of Samus. Dark Samus doesn't have any weapons that Samus does, except for using the blaster. Here would be his special moves:

Standard Special: Phazon Beam

Dark Samus shoots out strips of phazon energy that temporarily corrupts the enemy. There's no charging here and I'd say it could work out like Bowser's fire breath in that it fades slowly the longer you use it.

Down Special: Meteor (give me a better name for this :p)

You know that meteor attack Dark Samus used in Echoes the first time you battle him? Say hello to Dark Samus' down special. Dark Samus turns into a ball of phazon energy and strikes the ground hitting anyone in his way.

Up Special: Particle Formation

Ok we all know Dark Samus can turn into a bunch of phazon particles at will right? Well...when the up + b combo is used, Dark Samus could burst into a bunch of particles and reform in any direction you tilt the control stick. Kind of like teleporting, but much cooler imo.

Side Special: Metroid Swarm

I'm not too sure about this one but I couldn't really think of anything else. Dark Samus is really Metroid Prime who is the mother of all metroids right? (I could be wrong but) So side special could be Dark Samus summoning a couple of metroids and sending them to attack a nearby player.

And of course he would be floating while running just like mewtwo. And there's just a bunch of cool stuff Dark Samus could do.

So yeah, Dark Samus would be a cool character imo. What do you guys think? Does he really have a chance?
Nice moveset, but I would change a few things around:

-Standard Special: Missile Barrage [takes place of your Metroid Swarm; and I moved to to Standard]

Missile stack up in DS's arm (like Sheik's Needles). They take quite a while to charge, but are well worth it. They can add up to five in total. When released, they slowly fly towards the closest target from more than one angle (like Samus' missile). Not all are guaranteed to hit, and sometimes they lose target, fly off course, and pick up speed for heavy damage.

[Normal Missile= Small knockback, 3% damage]
[Stray Missile= Medium knockback, 5% chance to stray, 15% damage]

-Down Special: Phazon Comet (lolz, is that better? I don't really know)

(Does everything you said. I love it, not going to change a thing, but I want to add on to it.;)) Works like Ganondorf's dB, except it corrupts and meteors instead of spikes. If done in a grounded position, DS pops straight up and slams back down resulting in a large explosion. (The same can be done by landing with it aerially, but the explosion is bigger if done while grounded. And the cooldown time from recovery is longer if grounded.)

{Grounded dB}
[DS= Medium knockback, meteor, 7% damage]
[Explosion= Heavy knockback, 15% damage]

{Aerial dB}
[Explosion= Medium knockback, 8% damage]

-Up Special: Particle Formation

(Brilliant idea, I'm not touching it. Great job.)

-Side Special: Phazon Beam

A powerful move that takes a while to warm up. Patience and time are required. First, DS collects loose Phazon from the air into her arm-cannon; second, she focuses it into ammunition; finally, she unleashes a beam of Phazon that deals heavy damage and pushes anyone in contact with it backwards (as long as they are in contact with the beam.) This move can be shield-cancelled due to long warm up time. Initial blast is long but receeds quickly over time. Once the beam is fired it can't be shield-cancelled.

[Collecting Phazon Particles= light knockback, 1% damage]
[Phazon Beam= No knockback but a constant and fast push as long as contact with the beam is kept, 8% damage per second while in the beam]

Hey, that was really fun. Thanks for the ideas Aphotik!

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Nice moveset, but I would change a few things around:

-Standard Special: Missile Barrage [takes place of your Metroid Swarm; and I moved to to Standard]

Missile stack up in DS's arm (like Sheik's Needles). They take quite a while to charge, but are well worth it. They can add up to five in total. When released, they slowly fly towards the closest target from more than one angle (like Samus' missile). Not all are guaranteed to hit, and sometimes they lose target, fly off course, and pick up speed for heavy damage.

[Normal Missile= Small knockback, 3% damage]
[Stray Missile= Medium knockback, 5% chance to stray, 15% damage]

-Down Special: Phazon Comet (lolz, is that better? I don't really know)

(Does everything you said. I love it, not going to change a thing, but I want to add on to it.;)) Works like Ganondorf's dB, except it corrupts and meteors instead of spikes. If done in a grounded position, DS pops straight up and slams back down resulting in a large explosion. (The same can be done by landing with it aerially, but the explosion is bigger if done while grounded. And the cooldown time from recovery is longer if grounded.)

{Grounded dB}
[Explosion= Heavy knockback, 15% damage]

{Aerial dB}
[Explosion= Medium knockback, 8% damage]

-Up Special: Particle Formation

(Brilliant idea, I'm not touching it. Great job.)

-Side Special: Phazon Beam

A powerful move that takes a while to warm up. Patience and time are required. First, DS collects loose Phazon from the air into her arm-cannon; second, she focuses it into ammunition; finally, she unleashes a beam of Phazon that deals heavy damage and pushes anyone in contact with it backwards (as long as they are in contact with the beam.) This move can be shield-cancelled due to long warm up time. Initial blast is long but receeds quickly over time. Once the beam is fired it can't be shield-cancelled.

[Collecting Phazon Particles= light knockback, 1% damage]
[Phazon Beam= No knockback but a constant and fast push as long as contact with the beam is kept, 8% damage per second while in the beam]

Hey, that was really fun. Thanks for the ideas Aphotik!
Yeah I can go with those changes. I just went to Wikipedia to see what other abilities she has and I found that in MP3, she(I'm going to say she now; seems more appropriate) can clone herself up to 3 times, and then she can fuse with them making her invincible. Maybe that can be her final smash or something. As seen in cut scenes, she can also trap people in a phazon adhesive that renders them helpless. I guess that could be kind of fun to incorporate also. Dark Samus would be a great character given the right moveset, and I think a lot of players would enjoy being her.

Oh yeah, Phazon Comet is a much better name. lol

Devastlian

Smash Lord
When you guys say "cannon", you don't mean the generic rocket launcher they gave Falco for his Star Fox Assault artwork that Fox obtains in single player and every character can use in multiplayer, right?

And definately not the kind that Fox uses when he rides on Falco's wing on that one level that Fox also uses when he rides on Wolf's wing in Corneria...right?

Anyway...Wolf is infinitely more awesome than Falco and Falco's about ten times more *****y and annoying than Slippy. So, hopefully Mr. Sakurai and the rest of the development team have realised this.

Twek

Smash Cadet
they need to drop mew2 roy pichu and zelda but just make shiek her own character
they need to tweak yoshi ness dk kirby
and lastly they need add some more variations to the duplicate characters.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
they need to drop mew2 roy pichu and zelda but just make shiek her own character
What? Drop Mewtwo? Drop Zelda?

o_O

Zelda is already confirmed...

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
I think depending how many reps there are from the Star Fox series it'll go like this.

1 Rep: Fox
2 Reps: Krystal (another female character which are usually lacking in SSB games seems to make her a shoo-in over the others)
3 Reps: Wolf
4 Reps: Falco (as much as I love him he is a clone and I think Wolf has a better shot than him if there are only three reps I definitely want him in though.)

I really think the series deserves 4 reprensentives but there will probably be three at the most.

Xoda

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't mind most of the characters coming back, except for (like most people are saying) most of the clones. The one clone I really want to return is Gannondorf, for his shear strength and quick punches. If they give him his own move set then I guarantee he would become a lot more fun to play.

For instance giving him his own set of dark special moves and the ability to use that vendetta we see him swing around when he wins would be something fun.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yeah I can go with those changes. I just went to Wikipedia to see what other abilities she has and I found that in MP3, she(I'm going to say she now; seems more appropriate) can clone herself up to 3 times, and then she can fuse with them making her invincible. Maybe that can be her final smash or something. As seen in cut scenes, she can also trap people in a phazon adhesive that renders them helpless. I guess that could be kind of fun to incorporate also. Dark Samus would be a great character given the right moveset, and I think a lot of players would enjoy being her.

Oh yeah, Phazon Comet is a much better name. lol
Good. And yes, DS can copy herself in MP3. I just beat the game the other day. That's a great idea for a FS, especially since she only brandishes that ability in your final battle with her. She starts off with one, then another comes out the next time, then a third comes out after that. Having AI controlled DS copies flying around beating up your enemies would be so awesome. The only thing though, is that if you damage a copy it converts to the main DS. I guess that would be a good way to balance the move, since you're just going to be gang ****** your opponents anyway and it will be damm near impossible for them to get any hits off. Do you know how hard it is to take care of just two lvl9 cpu's? Now imagine three AND a human player. Total pwnage.

And thanks for liking the name I came up with. Lolz

When you guys say "cannon", you don't mean the generic rocket launcher they gave Falco for his Star Fox Assault artwork that Fox obtains in single player and every character can use in multiplayer, right?

And definately not the kind that Fox uses when he rides on Falco's wing on that one level that Fox also uses when he rides on Wolf's wing in Corneria...right?

Anyway...Wolf is infinitely more awesome than Falco and Falco's about ten times more *****y and annoying than Slippy. So, hopefully Mr. Sakurai and the rest of the development team have realised this.
Are you talking about me and Aphotik? Because we were talking about Dark Samus' arm-cannon.

And personally, if Falco returns (which I'm hoping he does), I don't want a rocket launcher to take the place of his blaster. That's it, though. If they can find a way to put it into his moveset without crippling my ability to SHL... I'm good with the changes. Hopefully, they'll just work it into his standard moveset.

You have dropping issues.
I wonder, did someone ever drop you?
...like on your head?

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
Good. And yes, DS can copy herself in MP3. I just beat the game the other day. That's a great idea for a FS, especially since she only brandishes that ability in your final battle with her. She starts off with one, then another comes out the next time, then a third comes out after that. Having AI controlled DS copies flying around beating up your enemies would be so awesome. The only thing though, is that if you damage a copy it converts to the main DS. I guess that would be a good way to balance the move, since you're just going to be gang ****** your opponents anyway and it will be damm near impossible for them to get any hits off. Do you know how hard it is to take care of just two lvl9 cpu's? Now imagine three AND a human player. Total pwnage.

And thanks for liking the name I came up with. Lolz
Yeah being able to utilize clones would be awesome. Seems more like a final smash though. They could also pull out some metroids for the final smash though.

Anyway, it seems I've become obsessed about DS and posted in an old, yet official, DS thread and posted a new moveset, slightly revised. To avoid being flamed, I'll take the conversation to that thread. :grin:

JPW

Smash Ace
I just had a thought.

Seeing as how we see our 2nd reference to the F-zero franchise. I have a feeling we could be seeing a Falcon update soon. Honestly it's the way to go.

I just remembered something also and this goes to F-zero stage talk, and Sega talk. But hopefully it wont revolve into mascot talk. But Sega could be involved after all if Sakurai plans to use a GX track. Because he's going to have to... to stay with the times.

Unless Sega isn't doing the next F-zero game. And if that is the case maybe this is the reason why they have kept it from us for a while. Maybe Falcon has a new look, or he's planning to use a track design from F-zero Wii and he can't do it, until Nintendo release a F-zero trailer. Or let something leak.

Sega could end up designing the stage, or Sakurai cuold just end up saying in the end what you did Sega we can take for free of charge because F-zero is our franchise. We don't need your help I can make my own F-zero stage. But that could be down right mean huh? But other then that the Sega tracks were awesome, and I would love to see one of those tracks for a new stage. Though it'll probably be Mute City again.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Nah, I was talking to Nothing Rhymes with Circus and Aphotik and they're conversation about said cannon.
True enough, I haven't played a Star Fox game since Adventures, so bad assumption on my part. (But I would like to point out that giving the characters different weapons that aren't specific to them in their artwork seems shady to me).

Regardless, I stand by what I said as a Falco fanboy. My vision may be blurred by bias, but I think there's some sense to the seniority rule. Though, calling it a "rule" may be a bit generous of me.

In my eyes, putting in Krystal without Falco would be like putting in Trixie Kong without Diddy (BAD example, but I think it still gets the message across). Diddy is the quintessential "second" character in his series. If we were ever going to get a second DK character, it was always going to be Diddy. I view Falco in this way. He just is the character in line after Fox.
And until the creators decide to cut Falco from the series permanently for some mad reason, he'll stay in that position for me.

And, although I will acknowledge the uniqueness of Krystal's staff, it's really not that big a deal. It will easily give her a unique moveset, but that can be done even with characters wielding the same weapon. Link, Ike, Meta Knight and Pit will all, undoubtedly, play differently. Yet they all use swords. Krystal's staff is overrated.

But then, you seem to be more for Wolf than anything else(which, like I said, I wouldn't be as upset over), so I'm not sure why I decided to unload that Krystal rant right here. I guess I just can't keep the beast in it's cage sometimes.

Falco, then Wolf, then Krystal for Brawl.

GRAVEY HEAD

Smash Cadet
Pssssssst.......over here,Im in the gravey.
True enough, I haven't played a Star Fox game since Adventures, so bad assumption on my part. (But I would like to point out that giving the characters different weapons that aren't specific to them in their artwork seems shady to me).

Regardless, I stand by what I said as a Falco fanboy. My vision may be blurred by bias, but I think there's some sense to the seniority rule. Though, calling it a "rule" may be a bit generous of me.

In my eyes, putting in Krystal without Falco would be like putting in Trixie Kong without Diddy (BAD example, but I think it still gets the message across). Diddy is the quintessential "second" character in his series. If we were ever going to get a second DK character, it was always going to be Diddy. I view Falco in this way. He just is the character in line after Fox.
And until the creators decide to cut Falco from the series permanently for some mad reason, he'll stay in that position for me.

And, although I will acknowledge the uniqueness of Krystal's staff, it's really not that big a deal. It will easily give her a unique moveset, but that can be done even with characters wielding the same weapon. Link, Ike, Meta Knight and Pit will all, undoubtedly, play differently. Yet they all use swords. Krystal's staff is overrated.

But then, you seem to be more for Wolf than anything else(which, like I said, I wouldn't be as upset over), so I'm not sure why I decided to unload that Krystal rant right here. I guess I just can't keep the beast in it's cage sometimes.

Falco, then Wolf, then Krystal for Brawl.
Maybe Krystal will end up an assist trophie.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
well gannon has been confirmed same as sheik ,and as for falco i am almost positive he will be a assit trophie that goes for all the non returning characters as well......and by the way the creator did say something about beating the character slots to a popular fighter and i think he was talking about MvC2 which is 56 characters if i am not mistaken

Master-Kai

Smash Rookie
Im hoping Falco returns , he may have been a Clone but he was a pretty great Character , but if they do dump him , ill jus use Fox .. as for any other Returning characters , im not sure .. as i only used maybe 2 Characters in Melee

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
JPW - I didn't know they did that for Nintendo. Sega, gimme you-know-who! (If that's the same Sega)

Aphotik/Dyce: guess what I have. MP3 YEAH! I just beat the first Ridley and watched that *1 month later* video. It's so fun :chuckle:
Am I the only one who doesn't have it? Heck, I don't even have a Wii yet.

*sobs and continuously pumels fists into ground*

Ok back on topic...I got nothing.

Top Bottom