• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Zevox

Smash Lord
My personal opinion:

I doubt we'll lose too many veterans. Each and every one, save perhaps Pichu, has at least a fair fan base, and I don't think Sakurai & co would remove them frivolously. I'm personally expecting the removal of Pichu (many obvious reasons), Doctor Mario (2 Marios = redundant), and Roy (there are plenty of better FE character choices, and he can't serve as an add this time around). I'm hoping Young Link goes too (same reason as Mario), but I can see why he may not, since Link is young in at least as many of his games as he is an adult (probably more). The rest I expect to return.

Luigi is a given - hes Mario's brother and sidekick, nearly as big a Nintendo icon as Mario.
Game & Watch is all but confirmed due to the icon pattern, and has no reason to leave anyway.
Captain Falcon is a must, being the prime F-Zero rep and a veteran of both previous games.
Ganondorf is a given, being the prime Zelda villain and one of the series' top 3 characters.
Marth is a must, being the first FE Lord and one of the most popular in the series (not to mention one of only two to star in two games, something only he and Ike can say).
Mewtwo is as close as the Pokèmon series will get to a villain, and is about as iconic as Pokèmon get without being Pikachu.
Ness has been the prime Earthbound/Mother rep for both of the previous games, so I don't see him leaving (although I do confess ignorance on the series as a whole, so I can't say if there might not be better reps to replace him).
Jigglypuff might be replaced by a different Pokèmon, but I expect her to skate in on mere tradition and popularity.
Falco I think is a bit of a toss-up, possibly being replaced by Wolf (I think Krystal is a given, and its between them for the third Fox slot), but I think his popularity and being a veteran may give him an edge there.
Sheik just has no reason to leave. Shes unique to one of the most popular Zelda games of all time, which makes her a good choice to honor that, and of course she was a pretty unique implementation in Melee.

It should go without saying, but I expect any returning clones to be de-cloned. No reason not to give them their own unique moves in a game where they're not pressed for time to meet a release date coinciding with a new console's.

Zevox

smashbot226

Smash Master
Luigi and Jigglypuff- 100 percent return value.

Ness- Uh-oh. This Lucas fella doesn't seem to die down...

Cpt. Falcon- Same as Jiggs and Luigi.

Mew2- I'd see this as a maybe.

Mr Game- OMG! With IC in, we may see more of the good ol' 2D battler!

Pichu- one word; no.

Dr. Mario- Read above description.

Roy- No.

Marth- Maybe. If there is need for a third, he is one of the top contenders.

Falco- Scrapped for Krystal and Wolf, and possibly Leon Palowski...

Now, as I see it, every fighter needs a villain...

Mario Universe: I see another villainous addition alongside Bowser!

Perhaps his son? Or the rarely mentioned Shy Guy? Dare I say Waluigi?

LoZ Universe: Ganon's back, and he may have brought a friend!

How about that freak Zant? Maybe Skull Kid. Even Vaati or Mask Link?

Kirby Universe: Kirbster needs a rival. Who else but a certain penguin?

Yes, it is clear that Dedede WILL be the next newcomer for this game.

But is there more hope for the slightly revived Adeline? Only time will tell.

Star Fox Universe: Falco wasn't great, but neither is coming up solo. Fox...

Krystal is practicly confirmed and Wolf is a few suggestions away.

DK Universe: No comment. Except for K. Rool, and he'd be a bad fighter...

Who else will fill that crazed drugged out king's spot? Dixie anyone?

Metroid Universe: Ever since Metroid Hunters...

Fanyboys have clamored for one. I am one of them:chuckle:. SYLUX FOR BRAWL!!!

Yoshi Universe: Yoshi? What might HIS adversary be?

Only the number one Magikoopa; Kamek!

Pokemon: Mewtwo is technically a villain, so...

Lucario for Brawl! Also, MAAAAAAAYBE Dakrai. Actually, yes on Darkrai...

3rd Party: Where to start?

Uuh... Cpt. Olimar, Zero from Megaman, Glover, Viewtiful Joe, Bomberman

Other Nintendo Chars: I have a list...

Paper Mario Chars, Wind Waker Link, Mr. Resetti, etc.

Fire Emblem: How could I forget?

I have quite a bit of additions from FE. Black Knight, Boyd, Ephraim, Nephenee, Mia, or Stephan. Hooray!

Shinku

Smash Champion
im going to assume everyone in melee are going to be in brawl, just like the ice climbers. however, my big question is, will young link be in it or will they change it to Wind Waker link? of course ganon from tp and i know doc will be, but what about y.link?

MDupont

Smash Cadet
There are still plenty of old characters the have yet to be revealed, however, I have noticed one thing. The lack of updates for Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, and Jigglypuff. All of which have one thing in common.

They all were secret characters in the original game. I have a gut feeling these four will be the last four revealed on the site. We still have Falco, Ganondorf, and possibly Mr. Game and Watch to worry about. (I honestly think no one else will make the cut).

Zevox

Smash Lord
im going to assume everyone in melee are going to be in brawl
You're making an erroneous assumption, then. Sakurai confirmed in his old journal that not all characters would return. I can point you to the translations on NSider (here, entry #81-90, even has a detailed, near-exact translation further down the post), but they'll be disappearing soon - not sure if they've been posted and archived elsewhere.

Zevox

smashbot226

Smash Master
There are still plenty of old characters the have yet to be revealed, however, I have noticed one thing. The lack of updates for Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, and Jigglypuff. All of which have one thing in common.

They all were secret characters in the original game. I have a gut feeling these four will be the last four revealed on the site. We still have Falco, Ganondorf, and possibly Mr. Game and Watch to worry about. (I honestly think no one else will make the cut).

Falco? FALCO??? FALCO?!?

*Puts a grenade in MDupont's mouth BOOOOOMMM!*

Celebration for Snake being a starter...

Furthermore, Mr Game is VERY likely to make the cut due to the underdogs Ice Climbers making it. Furthermore, Falco is now obsolete. Like I said, we must egt with the times. Wolf will be the replacement, after Krystal.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
im going to assume everyone in melee are going to be in brawl, just like the ice climbers. however, my big question is, will young link be in it or will they change it to Wind Waker link? of course ganon from tp and i know doc will be, but what about y.link?
YLink=Wind Waker Link. OOT/MM is outdated, and the Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. Out with the old, in with the new, original, and much cooler. And Doc has the worst chances of returning [other then being a alternate Mario outfit], below that of Pichu's IMO. Ganondorf WILL HAVE HIS Twilight Princess look. It pwns all of his past looks soooooo much, though one of his clebration thingys should be that laugh at the end of the Wind Waker. That was simply awsome. :)

How about Mario, but without his stache?

Maybe Raiden gave him a shaver after Snake! :laugh:

Edit:And G&W...cut=??? He only...o IDK started Nintendo in gaming, was their first handheld, and is a ommige to his dead maker genious. Add in IC confirmed, and that smells with returning, fortuantely. Plus he was REALLY original, and if Sakurai is willing to remove him, that'd be like a kick to the balls of a dead guy. Seriously. Why have him in the series at all, and then cut him to insult his maker. That wreaks with bulls***.

Edit 2: Sakurai confirmed a while ago Snake is a unlockable character. Seriously... >_<

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
I doubt any charcters will not be returning... These characters made the series what it is, and gave players a diverse variety of playing styles, all characters are unique and the series would not be the same without them, however I do believe that a few clone characters should and will have their moveset reworked

GRAVEY HEAD

Smash Cadet
Pssssssst.......over here,Im in the gravey.
I doubt any charcters will not be returning... These characters made the series what it is, and gave players a diverse variety of playing styles, all characters are unique and the series would not be the same without them, however I do believe that a few clone characters should and will have their moveset reworked
Ya,I agree.Also,instead of Dr.Mario being his own character,he will now be a Mario costum.When in this costum he will throw pills instead of fire balls.(Like in SSBM.)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Except Sakurai said not all characters from Melee will be returning. :/

I hope nobody other then Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Young Link get taken out. I'd prefer to keep the last two myself, BTW.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why does everyone want to get rid of Roy?He was a good character.(Or at least I think so.)
I used Roy all of the time in Melee, so it's not that I don't like him. It's just that he's a clone, and was really just an advertisement. Roy really doesn't have much importance to the Fire Emblem series. Marth on the other hand appeared in two games.

Also,we need to get rid of Jigglypuff.
Sure taking out a unique character is a great idea! Who needs originality?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Your mocking me arnt you?Jigglypuff has to be the worst character in the smash bros seires.Why not get rid of it?
Because that's just your opinion and there are several people who enjoy using Jigglypuff.

GRAVEY HEAD

Smash Cadet
wow, never seen a trolling Jiggs hater :urg:

Jiggs will kick your *** in both skills AND coolness so maybe half the roster should be whiped out?
Roy is the least cool really. And the coolest being Luigi so...you know. My opinion and I think everyone should go by it. Just sayin lol!
Jigglypuff cool?Hahahhahahah!Roy least cool?I said he was a good character,I didnt say I liked him.I dont really like Roy that much.And as for Luigi...........you got to be kiddin me.Luigi is an ok character because he is almost the same as Mario.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ah,but of course it is my opinion.......mine and probley more then half the people who play the super smash bros games.Do you happen to be one of those several people who like Jigglypuff?
Generalizing doesn't really help your point, you know?

There are people who use Jigglypuff, I've seen quite a few around here... Plus Jigglypuff is quite popular outside of Super Smash Bros. You have to realize that.

GRAVEY HEAD

Smash Cadet
Generalizing doesn't really help your point, you know?

There are people who use Jigglypuff, I've seen quite a few around here... Plus Jigglypuff is quite popular outside of Super Smash Bros. You have to realize that.
Yes,I suppose it is some what popular OUTSIDE of the Super smas bros games but,my point this whole time was that Jigglypuff wasnt that great of a character.It was just my opinion.If I knew it was going to turn into a Jigglypuff debate then I wouldnt have said anything about it.Can we just drop it already?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
What?When were we talking about Pit?I do think he will be an awsome character though.
Pit was supposed to be in SSB64, but Sakurai didn't think people would know who he was. He put Jiggly in his place. That's what roy_owns is saying. For someone like Jiggly to take out a potentially awesome character, look like the worlds worst character between its easy unlockability and cute looks, and to end up being one of the better characters in both games... well, tell me that's not a great character.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
It's not really a fault...it's Pits fault for not being as cool as Jiggs. That's why Jiggs is technically THE coolest character and everyone bows down to it. You can't get away from Jiggs but you have to get Jiggs first thing. Jiggs is really quite the genius in quantum physics...

smashbot226

Smash Master
Jigglypuff cool?Hahahhahahah!Roy least cool?I said he was a good character,I didnt say I liked him.I dont really like Roy that much.And as for Luigi...........you got to be kiddin me.Luigi is an ok character because he is almost the same as Mario.

Well, Roy wasn't the least cool, I'll give you that, but he certainly wasn't Marth! But Jigglypuff sucking is like saying saying THe Cowardly Lion will be in Brawl: NO FRIGGIN' WAY!!!

Gee, my memry DOES seem to fail me, but was it NOT Jiggs who can single handedly defeat Giga Bowser, Ganondorf, AND Mewtwo? Although Luigi...

He's a Dan Hibiki character. Not that I'm saying he sucks, but his moves are ********. With an H.

GRAVEY HEAD

Smash Cadet
It's not really a fault...it's Pits fault for not being as cool as Jiggs. That's why Jiggs is technically THE coolest character and everyone bows down to it. You can't get away from Jiggs but you have to get Jiggs first thing. Jiggs is really quite the genius in quantum physics...
Remember when I asked if we could just drop thw whole Jigglypuff thing?You have your opinion about it and I have mine.

Edit:Yes I know that Jigglypuff single handedly defeated Giga Bowser in SSBM but,in the new SSBB he is Invincible when Giga Bowser so not even Jigglypuf can stop it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Remember when I asked if we could just drop thw whole Jigglypuff thing?You have your opinion about it and I have mine.

Edit:Yes I know that Jigglypuff single handedly defeated Giga Bowser in SSBM but,in the new SSBB he is invisible when Giga Bowser so not even Jigglypuf can stop it.
Giga Bowser is "invincible", not "invisible". You can see him just fine.

And that has nothing to do with anything. Jiggly is going to make the cut because she's popular and is a great fighter.

Top Bottom