• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

T-major

Smash Champion
Lame-o-not-liked-characters (not necessarily not liked, more like, not winning) such as Mewtwo should leave. That's just my opinion, though. Who knows?
really... why are people so stupid... Mewtwo wasn't good in melee, so you think he instanly shouldn't be in? he was the original ledgendary pokemon, and is needed if the want to represent Pokemon fully. he will be redone for Brawl, making him better. I know it's your opinion, but your basing it on the wrong reasons. try looking at things with a bit more logical thinking.

ScarfSeph13

Smash Cadet
If Mewtwo were to return, I(we) can only hope he gets some re-working because his dynamics as a character were a little funny in my opinion. He was a lightweight and some of his B moves sucked. But you never know man, he could get the boot, but if they do what they did with Melee with Brawl, everyone will jump the ship to the next game and we'll have the same chars with brand new ones.

But I'd like to see nobody get cut, and like to see the clones get some of their own moves...that'd be neat.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Mm. I agree with Scarf. If he comes back, he'd have to be better.

What about Celebi and Mew, then? XD Lol, too short? <_<;;

And you're right, I'm saying he shoud leave... for a dumb reason. XD Oh well.~

And again I agree with Scarf, I don't really want any of them to leave.

But if all of them were in and they add new characters there'll be like 40 or so characters. XD A bit many... maybe not.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I'm a big fan of Roy, not just because I play him, but because I happen to like the way he fights - Raw, sheer physical strength, his battle cries, teh firez, and the like. I hope he comes back - or at least has a 'spiritual successor' for that reason.

That, and he sucks balls compared to other Meleers.

Gojira

Smash Lord
If Mewtwo were to return, I(we) can only hope he gets some re-working because his dynamics as a character were a little funny in my opinion. He was a lightweight and some of his B moves sucked. But you never know man, he could get the boot, but if they do what they did with Melee with Brawl, everyone will jump the ship to the next game and we'll have the same chars with brand new ones.

But I'd like to see nobody get cut, and like to see the clones get some of their own moves...that'd be neat.
Yes metwo weighs over 250 pounds so how come he is so light?

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
really... why are people so stupid... Mewtwo wasn't good in melee, so you think he instanly shouldn't be in? he was the original ledgendary pokemon, and is needed if the want to represent Pokemon fully. he will be redone for Brawl, making him better. I know it's your opinion, but your basing it on the wrong reasons. try looking at things with a bit more logical thinking.
Completly Agreed! Mewtwo HAS to be one of the most suitable pokemon to be considered for Brawl. He's one of the old/important ones that alot of poeple will know & remeber, back before alot of people bailed out, and when their was a larger fanbase. All these new ones, alot of people won't know who the heck they are. It's not going to kill them to make him/her stronger

Sirias

Smash Champion
And if they make MewTwo stronger then they'd have to make other characters stronger or else people would find it unfair that only he got an improvement, and then everyone else would be improved, so in reality, he'd be the same. =/ Unless they power-up MewTwo more than other characters, but then yeah, people would find it unfair and blah, big argument and all that.

I don't think they should add in the new Pokemon that not many people know. Just keep it to the original 256 or w/e.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Hopefully not for the worse.

I hope they don't dull down some characters. =/ 'Twould suck majorly if they did. E.G - Fox/Marth/Sheik. <_<;; Not that they're exactly 'exceptionally' good or anything, but still.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I believe it's known as "Overcompensating." Happens in MMORPGs frequently. Powerful class gets nerfed due to complaints/ developer reasons.

There's also the fact that the bipedal Pokemon have the biggest chance, and Mewtwo's own phonomenal power/lead star in two Pokemon movies/Legendary status/Bipedal design/freeform abilities give him a huge boost.

I hope he comes back. He's too cool not to.

Well, okay, maybe they could change his laugh. He sounds like Gunther when he taunts.

jolteon20

Smash Rookie
mewtwo must stay as the clones, i want to know when the game is going to release, cause' could happen like zelda(wii) the were adding more stuff to the game, so maybe they decide to ignore somo characters in order to make the game as fast as they can, it's that possible!!!

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Ah I don't think that they will rush or race to finish the game. I do think though that it is possible to see Brawl released summer of 07.

The Codeman

Smash Cadet
If they bring back all of the characters do u think they will make them a little less broken, I mean c'mon why should u be able to use luigi's over B more than once thats just crazy or even peaches glide move which is also unfair.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
... do you even know what I was responding too?

and it's ironic that you tell me not to quote in bit's and pieces. when you seem to have only read one sentance of my post...
Not to sound like an *** but I did read your entire post, then decided that the first sentence was the most important part. If you posted something a while back, I probably won't remember. I use this site for a few days, than skip using it for a few, so in all fairness it could have been 6 days since I read your last point, or the one before that.

When I tell you not to quote in bits and pieces, it's because I feel that the bit you took was out of context, and I can't stand that. I guess I was never really specific about it. If I quote something out of context on anyone, notify me and I can attempt to change it.

I was pretty sure you were arguing in Roy's favor, and because I like Marth better, I supported him. I haven't played FE so all I have to go on is Melee performance, but my argument was this: obviously the least, probably insignificant factor in determining the elegibility of a character is their performance in Melee. However, if both of these characters are equally important for seperate reasons, and both are older, and one was popular but one was newer, than we are at a standstill. That is why I analyzed them based on Melee performance, as a last ditch effort. That being said, it was probably unfair of me to do so, but it was the last decisive difference between them that I could think of, so I went with it. And yes, if Roy had performed better, I would have supported him instead, in all fairness.

MiraiGen, are you sure Roy has raw power? I would tend to disagree. In fact, in every coresponding move (Marth:Roy) but 3(counter, neutralB, some overB combinations) Marth does more damage than Roy does. His neutralB combo's can be CCed, than shielded, and you can never realistically charge his Fireblade to measure considerably. His counter also takes nearly twice as long to activate, and has less total time of effect. That is hardly a worthy trade off. Even Marth's tipper has more knockback than Roy's sweetspot on his Fsmash...Roy's is just bigger because he was designed for multiplayer. Despite what you might think, his fire doesn't do any added damage, it just increases hitlag and looks cool. Plus, he had a fire-element sword in FE, so it's only fair.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
MiraiGen, are you sure Roy has raw power? I would tend to disagree. In fact, in every coresponding move (Marth:Roy) but 3(counter, neutralB, some overB combinations) Marth does more damage than Roy does. His neutralB combo's can be CCed, than shielded, and you can never realistically charge his Fireblade to measure considerably. His counter also takes nearly twice as long to activate, and has less total time of effect. That is hardly a worthy trade off. Even Marth's tipper has more knockback than Roy's sweetspot on his Fsmash...Roy's is just bigger because he was designed for multiplayer. Despite what you might think, his fire doesn't do any added damage, it just increases hitlag and looks cool. Plus, he had a fire-element sword in FE, so it's only fair.
You misunderstand me. Roy has raw physical power in the sense of his Smash and tilts (as well as Flare Blade and the godly Counter) do crazy knockback comparatively.

Roy honestly sucks. His grab is really good, and his Dtilt and Nair are really the only functional attacks. If he wasn't so laggy he'd be a terrific character. I'm just addicted to his counter and Dtilt.

But I also play Zelda for *** stoming. But that's another thread...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
You misunderstand me. Roy has raw physical power in the sense of his Smash and tilts (as well as Flare Blade and the godly Counter) do crazy knockback comparatively.

Roy honestly sucks. His grab is really good, and his Dtilt and Nair are really the only functional attacks. If he wasn't so laggy he'd be a terrific character. I'm just addicted to his counter and Dtilt.

But I also play Zelda for *** stoming. But that's another thread...
I guess I did, and still do, misunderstand you. Marth's sweetspot on his Fsmash has more knockback and damage than Roy's sweetspot and damage, and Marth's tilts also have more knockback(not sure about the damage of these since I never use Roy's tilts). I honestly don't see how you could call him a powerful character at all, just a laggy one.

W00t them sexy heals!

If you do not believe me, review this in-depth Marth vs. Roy analysis. Origionally from Nintendude I believe, it gives explinations, actual numbers, and reasons as to why Marth is a better character. But among other things, and how this page relates to this discussion, he gives the statistics of the damage that every one of their moves does in relation to the other.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I guess I did, and still do, misunderstand you. Marth's sweetspot on his Fsmash has more knockback and damage than Roy's sweetspot and damage, and Marth's tilts also have more knockback(not sure about the damage of these since I never use Roy's tilts). I honestly don't see how you could call him a powerful character at all, just a laggy one.
You have some sort of gift for just not understanding me.

No matter where you hit on Roy's blade, its damage and knockback. Alot of it. Marth needs to hit the sweetspot because otherwise he may as well have pushed you over like a 10 year old. Same goes for alot of his attacks, including Flare Blade. I mean physical power in the sense of "If I hit you, it does alot."

Marth needs to sweetspot you to do anything functional, but his lag is so miniscule it doesn't even matter.

Marth is a better character, because the fact that you need to hit a sweetspot means NOTHING. Roy simply doesn't have a reason (Besides his Counter) to play him, because no matter what he can do, Marth can do it better and faster.

Anyway, I hope Roy has a spiritual successor who didn't get nerfed as hard as he did.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
You have some sort of gift for just not understanding me.

No matter where you hit on Roy's blade, its damage and knockback. Alot of it. Marth needs to hit the sweetspot because otherwise he may as well have pushed you over like a 10 year old. Same goes for alot of his attacks, including Flare Blade. I mean physical power in the sense of "If I hit you, it does alot."

Marth needs to sweetspot you to do anything functional, but his lag is so miniscule it doesn't even matter.
Agreed that Roy's sweetspot range is roughly a dozen times bigger than Marth's, give or take a few times. I guess that with practice it isn't that hard because for me, I tipper every other time I try. Marth's sword is like a spiked ball on a chain if you think about it. Hit near your hand, no circular momentum. Hit at the end and you break bones. I actually have trouble using Roy's sweetspot because it's nowhere near where Marth's is.

I still don't think that bigger is always better.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I think they like to add new pokemon to try and represent the new games (which is why I am expecting to see Lucario or Sneasel's evolution in this game) but I really want M2 to be strong. I would also love to see Gengar, maybe even a semi-clone of M2... I dunno.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
we, need to keep peach and zelda we need all the girls we can get

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Uh huh, keep da blondies son!
I've been wondering this for a while now...are you talking like that because it's your IM lingo, or because your gangsta, or for some other reason entirely?

They should deffinately have a villain for every hero in Brawl. That would garuntee some characters returning like Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, as well as hold the door open for some long awaited possibilities like King K Rool, King Dedede, Wolf O'Donnel. In all fairness.

I was just wondering, can Mods stop you from doing stuff like this if they wanted to?

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
ooh pretty!

<_< yeah I'm still watching this thread.

(and mods can probably stop me from making posts like this if they wanted to)

Krylon

Smash Rookie
With Sakurai directing, I have a feeling that every character from SSBM will make their way back into Brawl. Why? He's the type of guy to do just that. I'm pretty sure he agrees with me that there is no such thing as a "useless" character. Each character, even if they aren't flat out the strongest or fastest, they each serve their own purpose, and that purpose evolves as you play with or against those characters. Once they put those characters in, they should keep them in. It questions the integrity of the franchise if they remove any.

I do agree with the notion that substantial changes should be made to certain characters. I can see why that would be necessary. However, I don't think it would be out of their way to implement "classic" characters that bring back SSBM characters as they were. Considering that they're using the same base engine, it would be pretty plausible. It's not like they're limited on space, and it isn't asking much work from them.

I suppose we'll see how it unfolds throughout the next year.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
It's a wiki, and it doesn't even list sources. Not credible.
I have to agree...sure the game might be legit, but anyone on the entire internet could have logged in and edited whatever they wanted. Unless it is a Nintendo official announcement, I think we should all just mark it as speculation. No need to get all hyped up like last time(1up.com).

icymatt

Smash Lord
With Sakurai directing, I have a feeling that every character from SSBM will make their way back into Brawl. Why? He's the type of guy to do just that. I'm pretty sure he agrees with me that there is no such thing as a "useless" character. Each character, even if they aren't flat out the strongest or fastest, they each serve their own purpose, and that purpose evolves as you play with or against those characters. Once they put those characters in, they should keep them in. It questions the integrity of the franchise if they remove any.

I do agree with the notion that substantial changes should be made to certain characters. I can see why that would be necessary. However, I don't think it would be out of their way to implement "classic" characters that bring back SSBM characters as they were. Considering that they're using the same base engine, it would be pretty plausible. It's not like they're limited on space, and it isn't asking much work from them.

I suppose we'll see how it unfolds throughout the next year.
Except that he said himself that 'some will dissapear. Definetly.'

Also, how do people know that it's running on the same engine?

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
It would be tragic if any characters wouldn't come back, each one has its own fan and flawed characters and characters that are just too weak can be fixed and improved, and if they are too similar to another character they can just adjust that too, 40+ characters sounds good but 50+ would r0x0rz my s0x0rz 0ff!!!11

Jesus is the last charater too unlock in ssbb, He resurrects after three stock

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Also, how do people know that it's running on the same engine?
By that, you mean physics engine right? I would actually highly doubt that they will be using the same one. It can't be that hard to re-program, and besides, how could they possibly moderate game speed and allow freedom with ariel battles with the physics engine they have now? The only characters that can pull of such combos in Melee are Marth and Jiggs, so I am expecting a new physics engine.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
That, and consider the fact that Melee is running off of the GCN, and Brawl will be on the Wii.

That's a huge jump in the console's engine, and they'll probably need to reprogram it anyway.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
They should deffinately have a villain for every hero in Brawl. That would garuntee some characters returning like Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, as well as hold the door open for some long awaited possibilities like King K Rool, King Dedede, Wolf O'Donnel. In all fairness.
I agree completely, I want to see more villains appear in SSBB. Everyone has a soft side for villains. So add maybe a few more in if possible.

it pains me to do this but.... this page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Seisen_no_Keifu

says tounge in cheek that Marth is going to be replaced, i've brought this up before so that people won't be shocked when they see him missing in the next game. :(
I nearly got worried, then remembered its Wikipedia... and its not exactly the most reliable source for information so I was relieved again.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source of information as it reguards to things that may or may not happen, but overall it's okay for things that already happened.

Also: I think someone edited it recently, because it suddenly says nothing about Roy or Marth in Brawl.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
it pains me to do this but.... this page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Seisen_no_Keifu

says tounge in cheek that Marth is going to be replaced, i've brought this up before so that people won't be shocked when they see him missing in the next game. :(
*heart stops, falls onto floor*
Wait, that's wikipedia and is never completely accurate.
*heart resumes beating, gets back in chair*
Yeesh, don't scare me like that! I can barely hold onto my confidence for two minutes, don't shatter my confidence in Marth's return! *gasps*

Anyways... Marth's definitely returning.:) Roy's the only FE character who stands a chance of replacement, unfortunately.:(

Top Bottom