• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Dont any of you get frustrated when some new guy says the same thing the last new guy said on the last page?!
Of course we do, but if your not having a bad day, brush it off your shoulders and go on with your life. It's a long road to discovering how to post intelligently, and he is at that stage where he doesn't read the other posts before posting. Probably won't even check back here to see what other people had to say. In this case, he shouldn't be expected to read over everything we have posted(over a hundred pages), but yes, he should have at least read the previous page. It's like every person who came to this thread and posted the French Talk Show rumor about cut characters and gave a link to 1up.com as evidence. We get annoyed, especially since that has been false for months now, but yelling shouldn't be how to handle the situation.

At one point I had put a note to n00bs in my signature not to post that rumor, and even then they posted it, which proves that some just don't read. Overall, just try to be more respectful until they learn their way around, we were all like that at one time. All you need is a calm answer with positive direction.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Seems you've always got good insight... but for the record I'm not trying to be a douchebag, nor am I really bent out of shape or anything. I guess I'm still used to being on unmod. It's sort of a circle-jirk of elitists who have a low tolerance for new people. I used to be pretty tolerent, but they rubbed off on me quite a bit.

GameLover3

Smash Rookie
i know the feeling of that. ive had people give me a lot of crap over something so small since im still a noob ya know. even when it was on the topic.

mario madman

Smash Cadet
i hav looked at this thread and most ppl say dr. mario should go ...ya hes a clone of mario but if he was re worked a bit he could hav even more potentol then mario him self i hate ness DEATH TO NESS!!!!!!

Things you should notice before you post on these boards (or any forum imo)

Lurk more. Or read a page of a thread before you post in it.
How ironic that you are doing that?It's very obvious that your judgement is bias and idiotic.Grow a brain...

thebasman, you have no idea of waht you are talking about. by peach being known for getting her butt kicked that does not make her cool but the fact that daisy's tomboyish personality makes her more appealing, is awesome!
So what?Peach is an important character in the Mario franchise.It's like trying to replace Mario with a Koopa.

luigi is not different you moron. i know that marth and roy have 99% the same moves (the only difference is that one is stronger and one is easier killed) but you cant compare tat pair of people to another or else you will obviously think that the other pair of people (in this case mario and luigi) are different. so f*** marth and roy just pay attention to the pair of italian idoits!
For one,you obviously have never play SSBM before or you have never played with Luigi before,because what you said was the biggest peice of sh'it of a lie i have even seen.because characters share moves doesn't mean that the character isn't diffirent:

Captain Falcon has Samus's U-tilt,F-tilt,and running A

Peach has Ness's Nair

Shiek has Captain Falcons-D-tilt

All characters share some moves,so i advise you be more observant next time.And also,be more competent when you speek,for your odiousity towards Mario and Luigi make you seem like a racist....and you have the nerve to call others stupid.

and shut up about my comments on ness! you are such an immature child! and those yoyo attacks are so dumb, that that comment was very neccesary.
Very ironic for a person who is name calling,complaining about someone who is arguing against you,and claiming how accurate your observations are.You are indeed the child here,and a dumb one to boot.You automatically assume something is dumb because of your childish referances.You need to grow up mentally,understand what you are speeking towards,and don't try to argue with someone who is obviously more intelligent than you.

Come back when you stop acting like a douche.

And Mario Madman....The Doc has left the operating room,and ness is kick arse,and is a unique character.You are also in need of some logical understanding.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
Did I tell you guys that this loki person apologized to me over AIM? I thought it was a nice gesture, even though he entered everything he said twice for some reason. I think it's safe to stop talking about what he said now... obviously it was pretty misinformed and uncalled for but at this point I think everything has been resolved.

In any case, I too believe that what was done to the new person was pretty harsh, if you're having a bad day don't air it out in a public place, even if it is on the internet.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I think a explained myself above. I wasn't really upset. Also how is it ironic that I'm doing that? I may be relatively new here... but I'm not new to the internet. It's just an example of general things people should follow when they're new before they post in a thread.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
it's bad enough that they let snake in brawl... let's just hope that chief never makes into brawl. zero however, is worthy of brawl...

icymatt

Smash Lord
Master Chief will never be in Smash Bros. He's a first party character, for starters, and has never appeared on a Nintendo console, and never will.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Master Chief will never be in Smash Bros. He's a first party character, for starters, and has never appeared on a Nintendo console, and never will.
You forgot the last part of that sentece, which makes it a sentence fragment. Please allow me to help you...He's a first party character, for starters, and has never appeared on a Nintendo console, and never will, otherwise thousands of Nintendo fans, including myself, would boycott Nintendo

There we go, good as new.:)

i hate ness DEATH TO NESS!!!!!!
oooohh, yyeaaahh. Hey, you might wana lay low for a while. Earthbound360 visits these threads on occasion. Didn't anyone ever tell you what he once said?

Originally Posted by Earthbound360
I would cry and destroy everything that I own that has the remotest memory of Nintendo in it, then get myself hypnotized to make me forget all my Nintendo memories, hit my brother with a stick, then turn to Sony for entertainment.

I also wouldnt buy the game!:p[/EndQuote]

icymatt

Smash Lord
It has nothing to do with Nintendo fans. Halo will never appear on a Nintendo console for the same reason Mario will never appear on Xbox.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
yea i know this is a little off topic, but anyone want to give me some advice?

I was busy the day nintendo wii came out, so i couldnt stand in line to get it. I want to get it, but the people at the stores are unsure of when they actually get in their shipments. Or they aren't allowed to tell u, which is complete bull**** and why im really pissed at eb games right now. anyone got any advice on how i could get one asap?

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
It has nothing to do with Nintendo fans. Halo will never appear on a Nintendo console for the same reason Mario will never appear on Xbox.
I may have to point out that Nintendo makes videogames... Microsoft does not.

If Nintendo follows Sega's path (which I don't see in the near future anyways), you could very well see Mario on the 360 or future systems.

If Microsoft plummets... they're just out of the race all together. Though I guess you could also assume that Bunge would be smart enough to sell characters to Sony.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I may have to point out that Nintendo makes videogames... Microsoft does not.

If Nintendo follows Sega's path (which I don't see in the near future anyways), you could very well see Mario on the 360 or future systems.

If Microsoft plummets... they're just out of the race all together. Though I guess you could also assume that Bunge would be smart enough to sell characters to Sony.
With all the pressure Nintendo Wii is placing on the gaming market, it wouldn't be entirely unlikely for Microsoft to fail. Chances are, though, that the population in America who likes high-end graphics in video games would never give up on Microsoft and Sony, so monopolization of the gaming industry is a while away.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
With all the pressure Nintendo Wii is placing on the gaming market, it wouldn't be entirely unlikely for Microsoft to fail. Chances are, though, that the population in America who likes high-end graphics in video games would never give up on Microsoft and Sony, so monopolization of the gaming industry is a while away.
Very true. Which is why Sony only had about 100K PS3 units for Japan....when they have more people than us lol. That is because the japanese audience knows that what matters is gameplay and entertainment value, NOT shiny objects and round edges.

So Nintendo monopolizing Japan is easily accomplished, but it's still a fight over here in America.....Good Ol' Capitalism...

cb_marth

Smash Ace
yea i know this is a little off topic, but anyone want to give me some advice?

I was busy the day nintendo wii came out, so i couldnt stand in line to get it. I want to get it, but the people at the stores are unsure of when they actually get in their shipments. Or they aren't allowed to tell u, which is complete bull**** and why im really pissed at eb games right now. anyone got any advice on how i could get one asap?
My best guess for you would be to either try the net, ebay, amzon. Any fo them places may have one around? If not they you will have to wait till they come in at the stores near you which I guess will be after christmas.

Crazy_smasher101

Smash Rookie
almost every character should return even the clones they had the same move but fox up+a is better than falcos and falcos down+a is stonger roy's B move is stonger than marths but it also hurt roy so its risky there i said my thought ^.^

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
If you buy a next-gen console from eBay, you deserve to be ripped off, and you will be.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
lol yea, im not buyin anything off of ebay, illl like end up getting a box with a toaster in it or sumthin.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I've seen someone sell 3 playstations for 900 bucks on ebay. Whoever doesn't read the details deserves to get ripped off.
And there's the "Photo of picture of PS3"

As the mod would say, "Back on topic, chi."

If Wario is in and Mario is in, I think Luigi is a safe bet too. He went from the first, if any, clones, to being one of the most unique characters in Melee. He's probably 'secure'.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Pichu is too popular of a pokemon not to return IMO. I think Mewtwo might be in trouble though.

M. Primus

Smash Cadet
I think Mewtwo will return.

I heard some discussion elsewhere (no, I didn't read through all 87 pages of this topic yet, so it may be repeated here) that Roy is in trouble. I'd personally be very disappointed if Roy failed to appear in SSBB.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised - he was only included because the new Fire Emblem just came out. They'd probably just Switcheroo him.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Things you should notice before you post on these boards (or any forum imo)

Lurk more. Or read a page of a thread before you post in it.
All that says is your rank in this online community, You could be playing super smash brothers longer and have more knowledge about the game then a person who is in a higher rank then you and you could be at the lowest rank. So that dosen't man anything to me.

Side Comment : I am not trying to start anything, or not saying i do have more knowledge or experienc about SSB thn you guys

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Once again, my point had nothing to do with the game... just that IN GENERAL people should learn to lurk more in a forum before making threads or posting in threads. Or at least to read a few recent pages before posting, to make sure you don't repeat someone else.

I've got no qualm with anyone here... just wanted to make a point.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I think Mewtwo will return.

I heard some discussion elsewhere (no, I didn't read through all 87 pages of this topic yet, so it may be repeated here) that Roy is in trouble. I'd personally be very disappointed if Roy failed to appear in SSBB.
Mewtwo will probably return. He's an early candidate for "characters to return as seen in game trailers" (for example, Fox).

Roy, I would imagine, is in trouble. The fact that we've never even seen one of his games stateside backs this up. I wouldn't lose sleep if he wasn't in Brawl, but if they kept him in I wouldn't really mind.

The Codeman

Smash Cadet
But why wouldn't they let The Master Chief in, they let in solid snake, and who cares if he was made by microsoft, IT JUST DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
But why wouldn't they let The Master Chief in, they let in solid snake, and who cares if he was made by microsoft, IT JUST DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE!
sorry codeman wrong topic. and they dont want too many guns in brawl and they cant have a bunch of third party characters.

T-major

Smash Champion
Mewtwo will probably return. He's an early candidate for "characters to return as seen in game trailers" (for example, Fox).

Roy, I would imagine, is in trouble. The fact that we've never even seen one of his games stateside backs this up. I wouldn't lose sleep if he wasn't in Brawl, but if they kept him in I wouldn't really mind.
Mewtwo will most likely be in. he's the original ledgendary pokemon. it would be crazy not to include him, in my opinion.

Roy, despite the fact that he's a popular character, has a chance of getting replaced. I dont want him to go, because I love his fire effect, but it's a posibility. but I dont think that the fact that his game isn't state side has anything to do with him not getting in. if that was the case, Marth might not get in.

if they do put in Roy, I don't want him givin a new move set (except for >B). now bear with me, I dont like clones. but, if I'm not mistaken, Marth's Falcion (or whatever it's called) was a raiper in his games (I could be worng). I think they should change Marth to fit that. give him a new moveset that would accomadate the rapier, and have Roy keep the moves he has now (but make his forward B the ranged attack from his game).

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The only 3rd party characters Sakurai would include must have been in a game that was for a Nintendo system. Solid Snake was, but Master Chief was not. Therefore, MC won't make it in.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I really feel like Mewtwo is getting the axe. He wasn't popular in SSBM, and his game isn't current anymore. They will probably take him out and replace him with some random Pokemon from the later versions that I didn't play.

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
Nah, they'll probablly but like Celebi or something in and keep Mewtwo as well. Who knows.

I don't think Roy is in any danger either.

T-major

Smash Champion
I really feel like Mewtwo is getting the axe. He wasn't popular in SSBM, and his game isn't current anymore. They will probably take him out and replace him with some random Pokemon from the later versions that I didn't play.
acualy, if you count Fire Red and Leaf Green. he isn't that old. and even if he was, he's pretty much the only ledgendary that would fit in. all the other ones after him are to huge. Mewtwo was the original ledgendary, and needs to be represented as such.

and really. what does it matter if he (or anyone else) wasn't popular in melee? when (thats right, when!) they put him in, they will redo him. make him less dissapointing. all he really needs is to be speed up, and heavier. maybe a new down B move (make it a shield or something). isn't that hard.

and really... why in the world would the replace Mewtwo, with a random pokemon? that dosn't make a lick of sence!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I love mewtwo. If he didnt suck he would have been one of the best additions to melee. They need to redo him, hes too cool to be axed.

Top Bottom