• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^
Stryks to the rescue!!

OMG SPOILER U WATCH UR EYES WILL BLEED!!!!1!11!

also TWoK he only uses it in one hand, unlike the sword he has in his trophy...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Lol the guy says if we had any information about brawl we he would have been in SWF for a while. true what strider says is crap, but cmon, lets say I join today SWF, was it to give info on brawl? no most of the people here are on SWF cause they wanna learn techniques, talk about and be better at smash, not to give info on brawl...
Ok ok... You're right, I shouldn't have brought ranking into this. Ranking really does mean nothing. But I still dont believe stryderhyru. Don't come up in here bringin all dat and a bag of potata chips.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yea, I think Ganondorf will be in this. I just hope they do something more along the line of Luigify him than completely gut him and give him a totally new moveset. I'm so used to fighting with Ganondorf in Melee that I would be sad to see him (his character moveset) go.
YES give him his sword.
OH PLEASE NO don't change him too much.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Twilight Princess spoilers follow...Stryks beat me to the punch. :/

I'll leave them as links since they're spoilers:
Ganondorf with sword.
Zelda with sword.
Zelda with bow.
Sorry they're kinda small. I got them from IGN's guide so you can see more of the final battles if you want.

In TP, Ganondorf is about twice as tall (yes, heightwise) as Link and Zelda. He's always been that size in the Zelda games but I just thought I'd remind everyone. They'll probably shrink him. Zelda's bow is used in TWW and TP so it might be used in SSBB but who knows?

Also, that artwork is awesome. He actually looks like he has a way different body type than Captain Falcon and doesn't have a freakishly long neck...and jambi pants. What isn't there to like. :/

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Which sword do you think he should get? The one from TP or OoT (a.k.a. the one in Melee). Personally I hope they use the one from OoT (Melee). It just looks so much more wicked. Also if we give too many characters one handed swords, the game might get a little repetative. I'm still debating whether I want Zelda to have her rapier or not... Maybe just for her super smash? Like she could fly around with increased magic and her rapier out, making her rediculously strong physically and magically.

Also, IMDB says that Ganondorf will be part of the cast. I don't know how good the credibility of IMDB is, but they're usually pretty correct about these things right?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928380/

Stryks

Smash Hero
About what IGN said about zelda using the light arrows, TOTALLY agree, she has used it for the last 2 games, and (since sheik probably wont return [dont make me say why[) giving her the light arrows would make her a tad better, not to mention if she used attacks from TP...

Ganondorf will probably have moves similair to melee, but most of them will probably change to sword based moves, also note the sword has a **** load of range, solution (to not become the next marth), is to make some sword base moves a tad slow, with a little lag, at least he'll be balanced, also the move he does in the final battle, where he jumps in the air and then land and those a slash could be the upb and maybe sakurai can do something about the move he does, where he dashes, and then both link and ganondorf clash sword to sword, maybe like a running counter move?...

Im also hopin he gets the earthquake attack from OoT, according to what I read the other day ganondorf from TP is OoT ganondorf, yes weird I know, ill give ya the link if I find it wait...

here u go enjoy: http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1173298152&archive=&start_from=&ucat=19&

and thats my 2 cents on ganondorf...

@dyce:
Im sure he'll have the sword of sages (tp form) in Brawl, I mean links look is based on the TP link, note that in the 2nd trailer and the end link sword glows, indeed this happens in TP, as well when he does the spin attack we no longer c the yollow-gold ring he does when doing it, cause in TP he doesnt use magic...

Now the sword he has in melee aint from OoT, b4 GC was even shown they showed the trailer were link and ganondorf were fighting, ganondorf there was using theat sword, so either they told sakurai to use that sword so he would represent the ganondorf of that game, or sakurai added cause it the newest fighting style of ganondorf... keep up with me, while they were doin the game of the trailer were ganon and link fought, tough they feared the game would be to similair to OoT, thus they cancel the project and started a new one, thus WW was born, what I mean with all this since theyre adding characters based on there most recent appearance, ganondorf will surely have the sword of sages...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, he didn't have a sword in OoT. That sword was only in that single victory pose and that tech demo from the Zelda that eventually became TWW. So that sword never really existed. In TWW, he had duel swords that were pretty cool and he could use one at a time. So it'll probably be between the swords he actually used which are the TWW ones or the TP one.

And Zelda's super smash should be Sheik. There, everyone's happy.

Stryks

Smash Hero
If ganondorf would transform into OoT ganon, it would work, but I just dont c TP ganon in brawl, it just wouldnt fit, and less in a small stage like Battlefield...

Dyce dude u just gotta use edit button, they'll give u some bad points if u keep doing that...

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol well u tought wrong XD...

anyway so we can pretyt much all agree that:
Ganondorf will have the sword of sages, being his main weapon of choice in TP and is part of ganondorfs most recent new look, the blade will have massive reach, hell maybe a tad more than marth, now hang on yes it will be too long, still if they can make him a tad slow when using it, unlike marth who uses the sword to **** fast, then he'll be pretty balanced...

Also like I said b4 and like (which I just found out a few hours ago) the guy of IGN mentioned, zelda has used the light arrows in 2 games now, and will probably continue in future games, thus she should use the light arrows in SSBB, and maybe some attacks she does when shes possesed in TP... Great minds think alike XD...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
everyone from melee is in except low tier trust me ...i kno lots dont believe me if u want but yea xPP...if u wanna kno more let me kno i can fill u in with a lot of things
Who cares about SSBM tiers? SSBB is a completely diffrent game. SSB 64 and SSBM tiers are completely diffrent. So SSBM and SSBB could be completely diffrent for all we know. Tiers can be changed easily. Link in SSB 64 was mid-low or low tier, and in SSBM he was mid-high tier. I could go on giving far more examples, but I think you get the point, SSBM tiers don't count in SSBB, completely new game!

Now for Ganondorf, his sword in OOT and TP are basically the same, but the TP one is shinnier and he stole it from the sages. The look exactly the same, except for that cool glow. They would do the same thing, but TP Ganondorf is newer and better, so ya let's go with that one. Ganondorf decloned, stronger, with a sword=yipee, or something like that! :laugh:

Too bad Shiek will most likely not return, because she owned. If she does though, she might be her own slot, and I love how tons of ppl want her out, lol. I think that is because she isn't mastered to the fullest by many, and the few who do own=ya (got beat by a psycho using Sheik once, lol).

Now for Zelda, expect the sword to be in, and her moveset to be totally changed. Maybe she'll have a bow with the light arrows, or normal arrows, maybe not. If she has the light arrows, hopefully it takes a while to charge, sorta like Link's bow, but instead it can't fire short range, or at least something like that. She seriously needs some changes if they take the Shiek transformation out of her movest, and make her revolve around that sword. :)

Wrath`

Smash Master
It would be cool if thoses who have a weapon could put it away for a diffrent move set then when they had it.Like i it was X you press it and marth ect....draws his sword.You press it again and he puts it away

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Nah, nothing has been said about Pichu.

Now for Ganondorf, his sword in OOT and TP are basically the same, but the TP one is shinnier and he stole it from the sages. The look exactly the same, except for that cool glow. They would do the same thing, but TP Ganondorf is newer and better, so ya let's go with that one. Ganondorf decloned, stronger, with a sword=yipee, or something like that! :laugh:
Wait, what? He didn't have a sword in OoT. If you mean the sword he had in that one demo and in his victory pose, then no, it doesn't look similar to his TP blade. What are you talking about?

EDIT: Mm. I assume you're talking about the picture in Stryks' post in which it appears to have a large tip. But the sword is just sheathed in that picture and the shape of the sword is a bit different from the sheath for some reason.

Stryks

Smash Hero
No doubt it, I mean ganondorf is now like the official bad guy of zelda (b4 was ganon, but I think ganonDORF is the new one), it aint gonna happen, BUT I say zant in brawl would be great, bringing a wacky evil new bad guy in brawl is just what smash needs...

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I don't realy care what they do with Ganondorf or Zelda but adding sword to them would seem pretty cool and make me actually want to play as them.

I just want my Falco with a couple new moves the same shine and blaster change his forward-b change his up-b. his forward-b could be to pull out that RPG from Assault and shoot a missle sorta like Samus' forward-b.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I think DK has a good chance of coming back. He's had so many of his own games and he's a pretty popular nintendo character. I'm no too sure about falco though...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
any news about ness?

and, since snake is making an appearance, is he going to know martial arts?
in the trailer, I've seen him use a RL.
by the way, does waluigi have a chance? I mean, from my knowledge, he doesn't have his own game yet.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Nope. All confirmed characters are listed on the first page on the confirmed character thread. It's sadly quite a small list at the moment.

As for Snake, probably, though I can't say what we saw of him was terribly martial arts like. But it looks like he'll be using a lot of explosives in his moves.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
by the way, does waluigi have a chance? I mean, from my knowledge, he doesn't have his own game yet.
I don't know about the chances of him coming but it dosen't matter if he stars in his own game or not cause

1. In the origonal, Luigi was in it before Luigi Mansoin was realesed
2. Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo do not star in the poke'mon games and there in Melee
3. Falco has never stared in a game
4. Bowsers never starred in a game
5. Peach was in Melee before starring in Super Princess Peach
6. Zeldas never had her own game
7. Metakinght has never had his own game

There you go, 9 characters never starring in a game before there debeut in Smash.

Stryks

Smash Hero
man U have it all wrong, a character doesnt have to start in his/her own game to be in smash, the character has to be important to the series and/or have his own game, look at wario hes added cause hes become way more original than just an anti-mario...

Bowser is the main enemy of mario, peach is the dassel (sp?) in distress, their important to the mario series, zelda is the same as peach in the zelda series, metaknight is the riavl of kirby and importatn to the kirby series u get the point...

Waluigi not only is he not original, he aint important in the mario series, created as a filler and only apeparing in party and sports games, but also lacks his own game, unlike wario, I say waluigi in brawl = not going to happen...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Thats what I meant... Waluigi was never a star or important in any game so I was trying to confirm that to whoever put him as one of their pic's for Brawl.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1) @ Stryks: it's spelt "damsel" :D

2) Waluigi has no chance of making it nor does he deserve to. If Waluigi DOES make the cut... I will be very disappointed and look down upon Sakurai with much disgust.
Wat if Sakurai makes Waluigi good, would that be good? Nothing could be worse than Pichu, and as much as I like Waluigi, he really would be a hard character to create a original moveset for. Still, if there are characters idc about done very well vs. characters I like done awfully, I'll go with characters idc about anyday.

As for Waluigi's chances, unbaised I put him not even at 20% best. Then again, you never know what crazy move Sakurai will do next (hence: G&W).

Wrath`

Smash Master
I don't know about the chances of him coming but it dosen't matter if he stars in his own game or not cause

1. In the origonal, Luigi was in it before Luigi Mansoin was realesed
2. Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo do not star in the poke'mon games and there in Melee
3. Falco has never stared in a game
4. Bowsers never starred in a game
5. Peach was in Melee before starring in Super Princess Peach
6. Zeldas never had her own game
7. Metakinght has never had his own game

There you go, 9 characters never starring in a game before there debeut in Smash.

1.luigi is the co main in the mario brothers.
2.in that era of time pichu,m2 and jpuff were the most popular pokemon
3.Once again co main with fox
4.Bowser is the MAIN antaginist in the mario franchise
5.peach is the main female protagonist in the mario franchise
6.Zelda is the same as peach
7.Meta night is wierd but cool

1) @ Stryks: it's spelt "damsel" :D

2) Waluigi has no chance of making it nor does he deserve to. If Waluigi DOES make the cut... I will be very disappointed and look down upon Sakurai with much disgust.
Mario and luigi made it in the first game of ssb
so when wario made it to brawl,based on patterns waluigi has a high chance. this could make him more than a flat character.Plus a freeFA with the 4 caped peeps from mario would be sweet,

WALUIGI ROCKS!!!

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
If Waluigi's fun and original it might be alright. I don't want 6 characters from the same franchise though. 7 if you count DK since he's in all of the Mario Kart games.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
There could be more confirmed characters we don't know about... They never told about the secert characters in Melee maybe evryoneelse from Melee and someother people are just secert.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Mario and luigi made it in the first game of ssb
so when wario made it to brawl,based on patterns waluigi has a high chance. this could make him more than a flat character.Plus a freeFA with the 4 caped peeps from mario would be sweet,

I REALLY don't see Waluigi having any sort of chance. And what do Mario and Luigi have to do with Waluigi being in this? Mario and Luigi have more credit to their name on their overall buttons than Wally has on his whole body. He just isn't going to make it because:
A) He's only been in SPIN-OFFS
B) He's not technically a Nintendo character, some 3rd party company made him up just to give Wario a "sidekick" type companion to counter Mario's Luigi and so Wario could play doubles in tennis or something stupid like that.
C) There's too many "plumbers from Mario games" already. He would most likely be something of a clone anyway.
D) There are so many more Mario characters that deserve a spot over him.

X) Just because you think it's cool, doesn't mean it will happen.

Rolf JT

Smash Cadet
Well, I haven't read the whole tread, but I will tell my thoughts.

These will probably not return (but they may):

Roy
Pichu
Young Link
Doc (althoug I want him too stay)

These will probably have a new moveset (or dramatically changed comared too the others):

Falco
Ganondorf (I really hope we will see him using the Sword he's using in Twillight Princess).

Rolf JT

Smash Cadet
Wow, your opinions have opened my eyes. It's like you havn't said something that's already been said countless times on the entire forum.
Bahh.. That didn't supprise me, but I haven't been here for that long, and read it all over again like you obviously have. You can see it as an agreeement.

About the Waluigi-thing -> Wrong thread (My (ORIGINAL AND EXITING :p :p) opinion: I don't want him, if they don't make up something good of him. Had been something if they made a whole new game for Waluigi and future-released him in Brawl, but that isn't going to happen).

Top Bottom