• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

tappy

Smash Ace
i've got a question. my brothers friend said that he read in a review that marth and ganondorf will not be in brawl, does anyone know if this is true?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Let's all make a blood pact, from here on until Sakurai HIMSELF makes any announcements:

WE WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT ANYONE ELSE HAS SAID WITHOUT PROPPER PROOF AND SOURCE, NOR WILL WE SPREAD SLANDEROUS LIES AMONGST OUR SUPER SMASH BROS. ADDICTED AND BRAWL NEWS UPDATE STARVED BRETHERIN.

I mean ferrizzle... people and their stories are starting to confuse me too...

Stryks

Smash Hero
But its common sense, if someone says "X character is in brawl!" and it aint on IGN, Smashbros.com or any reliable source then its probably false...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Obviously it's not what we've all been doing since these lies have been coming up constantly.
^^^ Exactly on spot! I think that has become a big issue. Needless to say, it is safe to assume that the possibility of cuts is good. The possibility of cutting more than 4 in my opinion is next to none, but that is an opinion, not fact. We will all see how the facts end out.

I have heard sooooooo many rumors of who would be cut! All of which these fools say is either from Sakurai himself, a magazine (someone told me SSBB will be released June 1st, when at earliest I expect it to come in MY OPINION ,it is it will come out last quarter 07), a SSBB designer, people working at Nintendo, etc. So many stupid rumors made just simply to lie to people.

I've heard the craziest lies from some of my biggest Nintendo fan friends. It is like they went looking for SSBB rumors, and believed every rumor, lol! Thank god for this site, otherwise I would believe half the roster from SSBM was cut! You would think I was crazy for saying Fox was cut (someone told me he was cut 3 days before the release of the 2nd SSBB trailer, lol) , and even dumber stuff has been claimed then that.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

O, and Falco and Fox are own, probably close to equal. I'm better with Fox a little more than I am with Falco, but that is just me. I tend to switch a lot between my high, mid-high, and some mid tier characters, but I tend to use Fox and Falco a lot (hence:they are my 4th and 5th favs). Fox+Falco=ownage, o ya!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
But its common sense, if someone says "X character is in brawl!" and it aint on IGN, Smashbros.com or any reliable source then its probably false...
But nobody ever gives source anyway so who are we to know if they're right or wrong. Sakurai does most of his interviews in untranslated Japanese, I can't decipher Japanese, so who really knows what's legit and what's just a rumor.

mincemeat

Smash Rookie
really i'd be supprised if ALL the old charicters that havent been ofically confermed won't make it in. the creaters just probbly want to add suspence to who's going to be in it [ so more people buy the game].

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
ok 1. fox n falco r not equal. fox is faster but weeker. his reflecter is opposite andhis up B is longer. 2. falco is stronger and his reflecter goes down his up B is shorter. 3. fox is a FOX. 4. Falco is a FALCO!!!! their moves r the same thats it

KokiriEmblem

Smash Cadet
^^^ Exactly on spot! I think that has become a big issue. Needless to say, it is safe to assume that the possibility of cuts is good. The possibility of cutting more than 4 in my opinion is next to none, but that is an opinion, not fact. We will all see how the facts end out.
I agree. Not many people should be cut. :link:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
really i'd be supprised if ALL the old charicters that havent been ofically confermed won't make it in. the creaters just probbly want to add suspence to who's going to be in it [ so more people buy the game].
No that's definitely not going to happen. I would still buy the game and I'm sure everyone else probably would, even the rebels who would try to boycott it at first for not putting their main character in but then buy it anyway because they would be missing out on a great game. However, if Sakurai chose to take all the remaining Melee characters and dump them, people would lose so much respect and trust in Sakurai. He is not one to dissappoint, nor is he one to make a stupid move like that so it's definitely safe to say that MOST of the remaining Melee cast will be here for a comeback in Brawl.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No that's definitely not going to happen. I would still buy the game and I'm sure everyone else probably would, even the rebels who would try to boycott it at first for not putting their main character in but then buy it anyway because they would be missing out on a great game. However, if Sakurai chose to take all the remaining Melee characters and dump them, people would lose so much respect and trust in Sakurai. He is not one to dissappoint, nor is he one to make a stupid move like that so it's definitely safe to say that MOST of the remaining Melee cast will be here for a comeback in Brawl.
If that were to happen, all the characters from SSBM who aren't in the two trailers don't return, then Nintendo would have fanbase troubles forever! Needless to say, that won't happen, and the only character removals that could spark major fanbase issues are Luigi, Bowser, DK, Zelda, Ganondorf, and to a much lesser extent Samus and Capt. Falcon. It is most likely that all those characters will return.

The only characters in any danger are (in order from greatest danger to least danger): Doc, Pichu, Shiek, Roy, IC, YLink, G&W, Ness, Falco, and Marth. Everyone else )in my opinion) is 100% guarenteed to return.

Now for Ness I read a article that was liable that said Nintendo planned on replacing Ness with Lucas in SSBM, but Mother 3 hadn't been completed yet, and was held back another few years. IC have a good, but not great chance of returning, and have a great shot being the only duo characters, as well as pure originals.

G&W would be hard for Nintendo to shake off, because he is a classic, and Nintendo heavily respects their (and many other) classics. YLink, well let's not get into that (Go the Wind Waker Link).

Falco has a very small chance of not making it (barely any for that matter), because Star Fox might only get 3 spots, and Wolf and Krysyal are heavily wanted. With that said, he might be the only charcter to be saved by tier, but his popularity is defintely up there. Go Falco, he owns, o ya!

Marth is really a odd question. I put Roy at barely below 1/2 chance of returning, but Marth is a diffrent story. Many FE fans want other and new FE characters, and Nintendo hates dumping classics like Marth. He is one of the only two characters in FE to ever be a Fire Lord twice (Ike is the other). His chances of removal are very low, considering he is a classic, his chances of removal are low.

Overall 4 at most, if evn that many characters will be cut at most (opinion still). I expect either 2 or 3, though I would prefer none, and just give the ones who were going to be cut tweaked more than the average returning character. With my opinion stated, I guess all we can do is wait and see. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to see the characters!

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
About wich pkmn would return IMO:

If we think, it is like this:

YES

-Pikachu returned 'cause he's main in the cartoon, and "supposedly", the favorite of all.

NO

-Pichu!?!? Kakuna would kick Pichu's *** with only using harden.

WITH NEWER MOVESET

-Mewtwo, the most powerful pokemon in Red/Blue/Yellow, With new psychic moves would totally rock (also he has to be faster). His smash would be awesome too.

DO YOU WANT IT?

-Jigglypuff... well, if more than 20 ppl (of Smash boards) want it, then he has to be in Brawl.

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
I don't get why people are saying falco should be removed seeing as he's just as good as fox with the exception of a garbage recovery. and I would hate to see ganon have a new moveset, his moves in melee pwn. and also, peach is a good character/a big name in nintendo, so taking her out would be completely stupid. Pichu, doc, and roy shouldn't really stay, now don't get me wrong, I love roy, but he kinda sucks in ssbm, and anyhow there are more fire emblem characters who kick ***. HECTOR FOR BRAWL.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Gannon should get his sword but keep most of his air moves like up and down air,Falco dosnt need to change as much if fox has already movesetwise.

Luigi333

Smash Journeyman
I personally believe that they only should cut 5 or less characters from Melee. I think the original 12 should return, plus 8 of the 13 characters introduced in Melee should also make a comeback. That will allow enough characters from Melee to return, and still allow for 12 to 20 new characters to be introduced into the game.

Here's who I think will definitely return in Brawl:
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Zelda(Shiek may be removed though if they decide to use the TP version of Zelda)
Ganondorf

Characters that have a chance of not returning, but most likely will. At most, only 2 of these characters will not return:
-Jigglypuff-Could be removed for a newer Pokemon, though hopefully since she was one of the original 12 she won't be
-Ness-Could be replaced with Lucas, but hopefully now that he's been in 2 Smash games he won't be.
-Ice Climbers-Could be removed for a different classic character. The fact that they were one of the starters in Melee tells me that they'll be back for Brawl, though they'll probably end up being a secret character if they do.
-Mewtwo-Could be removed for a newer Pokemon, plus his moves weren't all that great in Melee. He was originally planned for the original Smash Bros. though, so I think he'll get a new move set and stay in the game.
-Marth-Could be replaced with another Fire Emblem character, though I think that he'll be back since he was the one of the series first characters and was in 2 games.
-Falco-Could be replaced if both Wolf and Krystal get in. I think that the original Star Fox team deserves to have 2 members playable in Brawl though, so he'll stay.

As for who's not returning:
-Mr. Game and Watch-I'd like him to return, but I don't see both him and the Ice Climbers returning. Since the Ice Climbers were a starting character and were used to promote Melee, and G&W was a secret character, I think he'll be removed.
-Roy-will be replaced with a more popular Fire Emblem character
-Young Link-Could be replaced with WW Link(though I personally hope not)
-Pichu-Will be replaced with a different Pokemon
-Dr. Mario-Go ahead and make him a costume of Mario, but take him out as a completly separate character.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Wich is the most popular FE character that could take Marth/Roy's place?

I like Ike the best.

Also since i love to use counter,i hope marth/roy (if they are still in) have it

KokiriEmblem

Smash Cadet
I second Koarin's statement and add that the
counter should be a bit better, damagewise.
I doubt, unfortunately, that Shiek will return.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
This thread realy has alot of pages. Only now have i realy realised that there are two hundred and ten pages worth of posts. IMO no matter what , Falco should return.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This thread realy has alot of pages. Only now have i realy realised that there are two hundred and ten pages worth of posts. IMO no matter what , Falco should return.
^^^ agreed, but IMO everyone should return! Falco needs a few more original moves (A up smash, neutral A), and he will be better than ever! He better be somewhat Luigified, without making him worse, but still feeling like good ol' Falco! Plus he should be even better, as should everyone who returns! That would be awsome if eveeryone was better, though I think that isn't that likely.

Characters that have a chance of not returning, but most likely will. At most, only 2 of these characters will not return:
-Jigglypuff-Could be removed for a newer Pokemon, though hopefully since she was one of the original 12 she won't be
-Ness-Could be replaced with Lucas, but hopefully now that he's been in 2 Smash games he won't be.
-Ice Climbers-Could be removed for a different classic character. The fact that they were one of the starters in Melee tells me that they'll be back for Brawl, though they'll probably end up being a secret character if they do.
-Mewtwo-Could be removed for a newer Pokemon, plus his moves weren't all that great in Melee. He was originally planned for the original Smash Bros. though, so I think he'll get a new move set and stay in the game.
-Marth-Could be replaced with another Fire Emblem character, though I think that he'll be back since he was the one of the series first characters and was in 2 games.
-Falco-Could be replaced if both Wolf and Krystal get in. I think that the original Star Fox team deserves to have 2 members playable in Brawl though, so he'll stay.

As for who's not returning:
-Mr. Game and Watch-I'd like him to return, but I don't see both him and the Ice Climbers returning. Since the Ice Climbers were a starting character and were used to promote Melee, and G&W was a secret character, I think he'll be removed.
-Roy-will be replaced with a more popular Fire Emblem character
-Young Link-Could be replaced with WW Link(though I personally hope not)
-Pichu-Will be replaced with a different Pokemon
-Dr. Mario-Go ahead and make him a costume of Mario, but take him out as a completly separate character.
If Pichu goes it won't be that big of a deal to me or most people for that matter. Pichu I doubt will return, but if Pichu does, it simply needs to stop killing itself like a idiot and get a original moveset. C'mon, who wants to hurt themself with any other character? Sure the hurt yourself thing was original like the tag team IC, but self damage needs to be dropped!

Doc I care about a little more than that, but it won't be a big deal (especially if his strengths go to Mario). Also Doc would be a great costume for Mario. Also, maybe if they gave the Doc Mario costume to Mario, his Fireballs become Vaccine pills, but do the exact same thing. That way Doc still feels sorta in SSBB? That way all who liked him can still sorta play as him!

G&W I am pretty sure he will return, because Nintendo loves the classics, and he has actually quite a bit of popularity. IC are original and should remain as the ONLY (because who wants 5 tag team characters?) tag team characters.

Ness is far more popular than Lucas, and Lucas is only in Mother 3 (Ness=Mother 1 & 2), plus he is simply very much appreciated for originality by most. The only thing I can complain about him is he is suppose to be 12, and he looks like he's 8 (make him taller!). I think Lucas could be a new character (represent Mother!), but replacing Ness would be a mistake!

I do hope YLink become the Wind Waker Link, that way he can actually be a pure original (YLink disappoints me in SSBM as a almost total clone). Hopefully with a similar Spin Attack, considering I love it, does tons of damage, and hopefully Mario Tornado is much more like it and not near useless.

Roy needs some more originality, and maybe needs new attacks. I'm sure Marth is in SSBB, but if both Marth and Roy are in SSBB, one needs major changes, or both need to be changed a little.

I don't mind Roy and Marth both having their current B down, B up, and neutral B, but every other move is almost the same. I give him a little less than half chance of reuturning, and I have absolutely no idea which way he will go, and I don't even know what his chances exactly are. Then again, noone really knows (unless they are making SSBB, lol!).

Now for Mewtwo, I think it would be plain flat out stupid to remove him. He is the most powerful Pokemon, has his own movie (2 in fact), and Pickachu is probably the only Pokemon more popular than him.

Who cares about tiers in SSBM, because as far as we know, in SSBB Falco could be lowest tier, and Pichu (as unlikely as Pichu's reappearance is) could be top tier. Not saying that is gonna happen, just showing how little we know about how the characters play. So cross out the SSBM tiers, because we have no idea how SSBB will turn out, and SSBB tiers could be totally diffrent.

Jigglypuff=no chance. Pure original. I think we all love pure originals! Same with Shiek, except Shiek actually has a chance of being dropped. Sadly, I think Shiek is probably gone, but if she returns she could be her own slot. Too bad she could be gone, considering she was unlike any character before her.

Zelda I expect a new moveset, with some of the old attacks. I think this means she will have a sword. I swear to god, if Ganondorf doesn't have his sword and keeps taunting us by showing it off, I might go crazy! He should keep some of his old moves, but revolve around his sword!

Luigi=more Luigified, but this time a lot better. I got to be honest, I like Luigi more than Mario (except for SSB series), as crazy as most people think that is. If you think he is not in SSBB, expect to be humiliated!

Nintendo not having Luigi in SSBB=huge fanbase issues. Removing DK, Luigi, and Bowser could seriously give Nintendo fanbase issues! So those three are in easily, end of disscussion, no questions asked! Plus they are all awsome=o ya!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The easiest way to change Roy would be to give him a much larger sword, to go with his speed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I realy want Mewtwo to return. He is the most fun character to play with(besides falco).
Even though I'm not realy good with him , I still want him there.
Heck yes ^^^! Then again, I have fun with basically every character. He needs more work than most others, but again he has 2 best selling movies. Heck, I even think the 1st pokemon movie was the top selling movie that year, or one of them at least. He has about the chance of leaving as Fox (and Fox is alrdy confirmed).

The easiest way to change Roy would be to give him a much larger sword, to go with his speed.
^^^ I actually like this idea. A bigger sword (without it being Sephiroth long) could make him a lot better. Good idea there Red Exodus!

I heard the Ice Climbers were coming back on IGN
Ya that probably isn't true, especially if you looked it up on Sunday=April Fool's Day. Noone is confirmed until Sakurai, Nintnendo, or Miyamoto says so. There are simply too many irrelavant sources that are unaccurate. They have a good shot at returning, but that aren't instantly in.

Don't trust a source unless it is all over Nintendo forums, on the SSBB official website, or all over this site. You probably were lied to, or given a bad source of information. Noone but who is in the two trailers is confirmed to be a SSBB returning or newcomer character.

Yoshi might be the biggest acception, since he has a course shown in the trailers. Expect most everyone from SSB 64 (probably everyone), and SSBM (most at least) will return. Then again, that isn't true (except the Yoshi part), it is just most likely, and my opinion. Samus (normal Suit Samus) is confirmed by the official site, probably as a seperate character slot. Eveeryone else is jsut a opinion or educated guess.

offcell

Smash Apprentice
I read somewhere that G&W, Ice Climbers and Young Link aren't returning. Young Link isn't going to be on Brawl because I read that they might be adding the "Celda" Link to it.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Guys like Pichu,Dr.Mario,and Young link will probably be leaving unless the programmers change their movesets.(that was one of the sew thing I didn't like about Melee, too many clones!) and as much as I loved the Ice Climbers and Mr.Game and Watch(my favorite character!) I have a feeling their won't be returning(and the rumor I keep hearing Sakurai getting rid of them doesn't help me either)

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
ice clibers is out squirtle is in ...all low tier from melee is out all other chars r in....i no alot bout brawl dont believe me if u want but u want to learne more let me kno ....

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I read somewhere that G&W, Ice Climbers and Young Link aren't returning. Young Link isn't going to be on Brawl because I read that they might be adding the "Celda" Link to it.
You are probably right, with YLink becoming the Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link. G&W will most likely return in my opinion, and same with IC, but with a bit less chance of returning.

Pichu and Dr. Mario are the only characters who noone should expect to return. Doc is just Mario, but heavier, stronger, and uses vaccine pills instead of fireballs (no offense, I love him), and Pichu kills itself, is the lightest character, and does little Pickachu can't do.

Shiek is next on the least likely to return list, followed by Roy at about below half chance to return. Everyone else should return most likely, but then again this is just my opinion. Again, never believe what you read, because most of the time it is opinion or lies.

Noone has been announced to be dropped/added to the series, and the only confirmed characters obviously are: Mario, Link, Kirby, Pickachu, MK, Pit, Zamus, Samus, Wario, Snake, and Fox. Don't believe something unless it is all over this sites character discussion board. I personally expect 2 or 3 removals, with a slight chance of 4. cel-shaded Link owns! :) :) :)

O and noone cares about SSBM tiers, that is not what they are going by, it is simply popularity and originality! Squirtle in (as much as I like it, one of the few Pokemon I like)=not going to happen until hell freezes over other than a Pokeball Pokemon. The tiers can simply be changed, and IC are actually low-mid tier!

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
I felt it was pretty strongly implied that "Under certain conditions" = Zelda/Sheik transformation. I could be wrong though.

I want both IC and G&W to stay. If your looking at 30+ characters then there's going to be repetition of some sort in move sets. IC and G&W should stay for their originality.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Zelda might come back but I dont think Shiek will, because if there using the TP Link there probably gona use the TP Zelda (who now has a sword w00p) wich dosent have Shiek. Maybe Link can transform into Wolf Link and there will be an annoying Imp on his back telling his oppnets off.

Top Bottom