• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
idk if i even wanna c waluigi in brawl...i mean look how bad wario looks...
Wat are you talking about, Wario looks awsome! I want at least these new Mario characters to be considered: Waluigi, Bwoser Jr/Shadow Mario, Daisy, Toad & Toadette, and Paper Mario!

WTF? MasterGary are you crazy? OOT=awsome, TWW= .000001% worse! Even though TP owns all OOT and ALTTP get second tied, and TWW and MM tie for 4th. How can you hate OOT, it friggen wat video games, and a return of a legend is all about (the evil 5 year LOZ drought)! OOT=ownage! They both exellent, but OOT barely wins!

I'm not applying this to anyone, but if anyone even argues which LOZ is the worse, the only LOZ games that should be mentioned=3 Cd-i Phillips garbage! Link the faces of evil, Zelda's Adventure, and Wand of Gameleon= evil!

SSBB seriously needs to have the Link/Zelda from those games be the punching bag in SSBB! All anyone will ever do is the homerun contest, lol we won't need anymore video games! It will make everyone hit them harder than the Punching Bag in the Home Run Contest, because they are evil, and we're afraid of their uglyness! EOW! CD-i Link/Zelda as Home Run Conest Punching Bags= most fun ever! Die posers!:laugh:

How would that not be fun, if not funny???...

Sensai

Smash Master
^^

Good reasoning. :-/

I'm just saying that DK has some actually decent moves, but he's never played due to the fact that he's too slow. Diddy could be the fast Donkey.

DoT_c0m

Smash Rookie
If Falco doesnt return i think i will go out and blow up Nintendo! tahts about it. and also, alothough everyone i know is really pumped for snake, i think im gonna try focusing on meta knight and pitt

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm gonna try pit, wario, & snake a ton. I'll also use MK, just cause he owns, but not as much as most, because I wanna try diffrent charcters 1st. If none of the clones return the game is gonna suck. I hope for the returning clones they become originals (even falco, ganondorf, and luigi). I don't mind if they have 1-4 attacks in common, but c'mon Ganondorf is just a stronger Capt. Falcon with one new move, Doc is just a stronger version of Mario, and Pichu is just a self-damaging version of Pickachu.

If any clone is to return it needs to be completely diffrent. Otherwise the character it is cloned off needs to be changed, or both changed a little, to make them a lot less like each other. I want most, if not all clones to return, yet I don't want them to return as clones, but as pure originals! No new clones for SSBB! Keep Falco, YLink, & Ganondorf, and I'm happy!

Diddy=no clone of DK. If he's in SSBB I prefer Diddy & Dixie to be their own characters, & they are nothing like DK throughout the series! Diddy isn't going to have many attacks in common with DK. A question I have is what would Diddy's 3rd jump look like?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
whats with all the smash noobs with meta knight avatars?
Eea- *refrains from describing the complex phychology behind it.*

I guess Rhyme, Stryks and Ipsy are dead or missing. That or they are having boat sex. [I forget who brought this up, I think it was Sensai. Cheers :laugh:]
It was Sensai who brought it up in the "Samus' Villain's Discussion" a while back. I'll go ahead and answer for all of us, ERAHEM! *clears throat* We're all on a yatt in the carribean getting to know eachother a little better.:laugh: Just playin'...I don't know about Stryks or Ipsy, but don't expect ME to be around very often.

We agree to disagree.

Diddy and Dixie are awsome! K Rool's musket will most likely be used (still gotta beat him to finally beat DK 64). Holy....Diddy Kong Racing DS sold more than TP...well that shows how popular he is (god, I still on the last boss in Didy Kong Racing 64). I would prefer they be their own character, but if they are like the IC, I wouldn't mind. I'd expect Toad and Toadette to be like that if they possibly make it.
*Waits to see how long this uneasy armistice lasts.*

The only characters I can think of who should be paired like IC's were is Diddy and Dixie and, however unlikely, Baby Mario/Luigi. Diddy probably stands a better chance as his own seperate character, while the babbies don't have a good chance at all.

Not to carry on old arguments, but Baby Mario/Luigi have appeared in several sports games, Double Dash, Partners in Time...while they are not particularly important, they do continue to appear which gives them a chance, no matter how small.

^^^

Disagree. If clones are kept in the game, I want to see Diddy be a quicker, less powerful DK.
Right. But, I'm hoping that clones are removed completely, and Diddy ends up with similar movement mechanics but different attacks.

That is the stupidest idea I ever heard. There's no way Diddy Kong could be a clone of Donkey Kong!
Again, not to bring up old arguments, but he very easily COULD be a clone. Obviously there is no reason he should be, but he could.

I still want gannons air moves and wizard foot
Ganon owned the edge with his vulture kick, that was my favorite move he had. If Ganon gets a sword as part of his makeover, then he will probably use it for his ariels instead of copying Falcon's ariels, since they were very similar.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
I want Daisy, Wolf and Diddy in Brawl... I think Diddy can be a great character because he has a decent strenght (mario power tennis) and a decent speed... so... strenght and speed together make a great character! maybe he lacks in defense ( a little floaty )

Scooternew

Smash Rookie
It wouldn't be Super Smash without Ness. He was unbelievable in the original. The problem in Melee is his slowed speed and delayed reaction time, especially while down smashing in the air - that was such an awesome move in Smash, but in Melee, it sucks. Also, his standing down smash - that **** yoyo - just sucks. If he is improved, he should definitely stay.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i don't think dr. mario will make the crossover either, maybe as an alternate costume if they can figure those out. if they do i hope they can also give us Wario's classic costume.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah maybe, but theyre never gonna keep Dr mario and not mario, what they'll probably do, its get the pros od dr. and combine the pros of mario to make a powerful new mario, c mario AFA, it has both mario and dr mario effects...

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Ah I see, so your the person Shade keeps talkin about. Rhyme huh, not a bad username & profile.

But anyway, Stryks is right. They will take Mario and Dr.Mario's strong attributes about them to create a God Marion of awesome power. Here's hoping that Nintendo tickles our fancy with this change son.

blackmagicmoe

Smash Rookie
I want Daisy, Wolf and Diddy in Brawl... I think Diddy can be a great character because he has a decent strenght (mario power tennis) and a decent speed... so... strenght and speed together make a great character! maybe he lacks in defense ( a little floaty )
i wanted to agree to that .. yes diddy most deffinitely deserves a spot.. but i hated in melee when they had only one character from a certain game. whereas the mario franchize had like 6 characters... i understand how it is the biggest of nintendos franchizes but still... i dont know if your gonna give one franchize 8 diff characters then might as well give more then one character slot to another franchize. I hope they do that in brawl. I can see how zelda series had ganon zelda and link because they are the 3 triforce dudes... but young link was a character in many games so he got a spot as well..

Im sorry if im going off a bit but all im saying is you cant just give only one character slot for one game when others have like 10 its completely unfair.

Diddy and dixie i thought would make a decent tag team.. but someone brought to my attention that they arent the same like ice climbers were.. but i think diddy should be able to change to dixie via b button down like zelda and sheik... Its kinda like that one feature on of the diddy game boy games were you could change from diddy to dixie.

anyone agree?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
i wanted to agree to that .. yes diddy most deffinitely deserves a spot.. but i hated in melee when they had only one character from a certain game. whereas the mario franchize had like 6 characters... i understand how it is the biggest of nintendos franchizes but still... i dont know if your gonna give one franchize 8 diff characters then might as well give more then one character slot to another franchize. I hope they do that in brawl. I can see how zelda series had ganon zelda and link because they are the 3 triforce dudes... but young link was a character in many games so he got a spot as well..
You mean you are stating that characters like Captain Falcon, Samus, and Ness need some company from there respected franchise? Well of course they do. It's unfair that the Fire Emblem franchise had 2 representatives from there game and yet Capt. Falcon got zlitch. Not fair at all.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
If Falco doesnt return i think i will go out and blow up Nintendo! tahts about it. and also, alothough everyone i know is really pumped for snake, i think im gonna try focusing on meta knight and pitt
I'll be right there beside assisting you by putting dynamite on Nintendo's public property. Then we will give Sakurai an ultimatium: Add Falco or you'll have to start over from scratch.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Add Peach to the list, please ~_~

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
[I would hope that they at least change his move set apart from Mario's if he did make it to SSBB/QUOTE]

Exactly, Mario's and Doc's moveset need to change a lot, or just change Doc completely. Sharing some moves (Ex:Fireball and Vaccine) won't hurt, but every move! C'mon Sakurai, if Doc stays give him his own kick but moveset. Otherwise, I don't want a SSBM clone repeat, and I'd dump him enitrely, or at least as a outfit. Still, he deserves his own original moveset, as does every clone (especially Pichu).

I'll be right there beside assisting you by putting dynamite on Nintendo's public property. Then we will give Sakurai an ultimatium: Add Falco or you'll have to start over from scratch.
Agreed. I hope Falco or Fox change, but it is not as drastically as other clones needs to be changed, except for balancing characters out possibly. Despite this, Falco needs to be done from scratch, though I doubt he'll be removed from his amazing popular he deserved, and which will continue to grow throughout the growth of the Star Fox and SSB series.

You mean you are stating that characters like Captain Falcon, Samus, and Ness need some company from there respected franchise? Well of course they do. It's unfair that the Fire Emblem franchise had 2 representatives from there game and yet Capt. Falcon got zlitch. Not fair at all.
Yeah, and apparently Sakurai must have got the memo. Zamus is confirmed, Dark Samus and Ridley have good chances, but we need results on DK, F-Zero, Mother, and somewat even Fire Emblem. Mother could have a Mother 3 character, and maybe another Mother 1 or 2 character, wereas 1 or 2 F-Zero characters, preferably Samurai Goroh, Blood Falcon, and Black Shadow, should be considered as newcomers.

DK Series would definitely need Diddy, Dixie, possibly K Rool or DK Jr. Fire Emblem at least has Ike and Marth as likely canadites, maybe one or two Fire Emblem characters more. I wonder if Birdo was to make the cut, would Birdo be a Mario or Yoshi character? :confused:

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i dont think mewtwo will make it i mean cmon he is lowest of low tear for a reason. and the average person was never good with him/it...? anyways yea...i vote for toad to b in and mew2 out...:)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
As mentioned many times in this thread, performance in SSBM has little bearing on a characters chances at return. They could bump up a few of Mewtwo's stats and he'd be a perfectly viable fighter. Heck, it's been said that all the returning characters will be remade on a significant scale so the tier lists for SSBM could be completely useless in judging the SSBB roster.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, it did sort of scream "tacked-on handicap character"; though, its taunt did involve it getting rather highphy. :/

Also, Dr. Mario's inclusion probably went something like, "Wow, that's a good song...BAM! JUSTIFIED!"...hopefully this helps with Wolf's inclusion. I think he deserves it for reasons other than that song but...c'mon! It's the Star Wolf theme. :/

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Personally, I like Doc, but I don't want him in Brawl there is such a thing as being too alike. If there was another Mario, it should be one that is different in functionality like Paper Mario, who has a better known branch of games (well, I like to think so), and would fight far differently to the real one. Doc was cool but his time is up.

Yesssss, the Star Wolf theme!!!

Top Bottom