• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yes wolf for brawl,but he's not in yo' sig buddy925987273754939

I actualy like y link,but i hope they git rid off him.

I also hope they keep roy,I do good (and im getting better)against fox with him.Counter it!!!!!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Roy is ok, but he needs a different sword. YL is pretty much gone.

I'd love to see Wolf in Brawl.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dixie over Diddy? No way! Sure she's a female, but there are ALOT of other factors for choosing a character like importance and populairity and Diddy is better in both than Dixie! Just please... Being a female character shouldn't give Dixie priority over Diddy, that just doesn't makes sence. =/

And why should Young Link return? I've explained before that it wasn't neccencarly Young Link in the games before Ocarina of Time. In Melee Young Link's thropy said that Link's apperance has changed over and over again so I say it's a whole other Link all togheter. Also if they really thought Young Link was the real Link then why did Adult Link made the apperance on SSB64??

Waluigi, I don't want him... -_- He's not even deserving it. Princess Daisy a good shot? She's just as Waluigi an unoriginal filler character. You want Brawl full of just filler characters or good characters who are more well known and unique? You say it.

Also just to make sure, Miyamoto isn't making the game. Heck Nintendo doesn't even makes this game! Miyamoto sure is the supervisor and checks if the development is going good once in a while but other then that he has nothing to do with Brawl, nor the characters.
I say if Diddy's in, Dixie's in, and if Dixie's in, Diddy's in. It's just that simple; not having either of them would be a mistake, and Nintendo's not going to have one without another.

As for YLink not being in SSB 64, Link was far more popular more popular because of Ocarina's amazing success. Plus, the N64 catridges had far more limited memory space than the GC disks. Link is usually 13 or 14 in the LOZ=YLink. Sure, in Zelda II he's 16, OOT he's 12 and 19, and Twilight Princess he's 17, but all the other he's 13 or 14. Play the series, and check the YLink trophy in Melee.

Waluigi and Daisy can be originals if made right. Just give it a chance. You still can't disprove that there are going to be more than 6 Mario characters (including Wario and Waluigi), considering it the #1 selling series of all time! Expect more Mario characters, easily.

As for the Miyamoto thing, how do you know he's not gonna help Sakurai, considering he helped form the Brawl development team. Miyamoto could also might give Sakurai idea, idk, but do any of us know what they are doin or planning? NO! With a need fir more female characters, expect at 3-5 new female characters. On top of that, if you haven't noticed the out-of-the box ideas is what Sakurai specializes in.

Sakurai's ideas are extremely out of the ordinary, and is what he is most well-known for. Hint: SSB is out-of-the box thinking, and is a pure original. Plus, Snake and Pit in Brawl, as well as G&W, Ice Climbers, and Ness (even though he's in SSB 64) are out of the ordinary characters. Expect nothing and be surprised. He is known for doing things people never thoguht of, but like and that is what Sakurai is good at, and is probably going to continue to do

O, and master gary, i a, not giving up! I don't care if I have to own everyone of you noobs who want the "clones" out without changing them to become pure originals, but if YLink not in Brawl I gonna be mad as hell! Plus anyone here ever played LOZ?

A link to the past? Link's Awakening? OOT? Majora's Mask? OoS? OoA? The Wind Waker? Four Swords? Four Swords Adventures? Minish Cap? Phantom Hourglass? Geez, anyone else her played all the LOZ games but me? Why boot him out when you can remake him?! God, am I the only person who has played all the LOZ games?

Why everyone hates YLink? What about Falco? Sure Falco's my 5th favorite, but he's also a clone. They both are clones, but why is one loved, one hated? I want them both in Brawl, but as pure originals. Getting rid of him would make fans of LOZ mad, and Nintendo would lose money dumping him, compared to keeping him. Last I checked, Nintendo was about ALL the fans, and doing that would lose many fans, including me.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
It still seems that you still think that Y.Link will make it. He is just a clone of Link that will have the same moves as Link and isn't diffrent enough from Link to deserve his own moveset so he will just be dropped. When you look at a "clone" like Falco , in Melee he is already less of a clone than Y.Link and he is far more popular and is easier to make an original moveset for.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I say if Diddy's in, Dixie's in, and if Dixie's in, Diddy's in. It's just that simple; not having either of them would be a mistake, and Nintendo's not going to have one without another.

As for YLink not being in SSB 64, Link was far more popular more popular because of Ocarina's amazing success. Plus, the N64 catridges had far more limited memory space than the GC disks. Link is usually 13 or 14 in the LOZ=YLink. Sure, in Zelda II he's 16, OOT he's 12 and 19, and Twilight Princess he's 17, but all the other he's 13 or 14. Play the series, and check the YLink trophy in Melee.

Waluigi and Daisy can be originals if made right. Just give it a chance. You still can't disprove that there are going to be more than 6 Mario characters (including Wario and Waluigi), considering it the #1 selling series of all time! Expect more Mario characters, easily.

As for the Miyamoto thing, how do you know he's not gonna help Sakurai, considering he helped form the Brawl development team. Miyamoto could also might give Sakurai idea, idk, but do any of us know what they are doin or planning? NO! With a need fir more female characters, expect at 3-5 new female characters. On top of that, if you haven't noticed the out-of-the box ideas is what Sakurai specializes in.

Sakurai's ideas are extremely out of the ordinary, and is what he is most well-known for. Hint: SSB is out-of-the box thinking, and is a pure original. Plus, Snake and Pit in Brawl, as well as G&W, Ice Climbers, and Ness (even though he's in SSB 64) are out of the ordinary characters. Expect nothing and be surprised. He is known for doing things people never thoguht of, but like and that is what Sakurai is good at, and is probably going to continue to do.:)
Man how WRONG u are...

Ok just because iddy is in, doesnt mean dixie is in, its like saying if they add falco, peppy, krystal and slippy are in, wolfs in? alright leaon and panther are in too! That just being ********...

Snake was in cause kojima asked for him to be in melee, he couldnt so he added him in brawl, Pit was actualyl VERY wanted to be in brawl, one of the highest I believe, and being retro like the ICs, its was innevitable IMO, but waluigi aint original, doesnt have any good role in any game, he aint retro, and he aint wanted, there are mroe deserving mario characters to be in brawl, like bowser kr/shadow mario, geno and toad, so:

Mario+peach+luigi+bowser+bowser jr/shadow mario+toad+geno = 7 characters (8 if u count shadow m.), I think that will do for mario characters wouldnt u say? I wouldnt mind daisy being in brawl, I mean shes a tomboy, a totally diferent personality than peach, she can be a faster and stronger peach, but lack recovery or something, waluigi is just a wario-luigi ripoff, and wario alone is a rip off of mario, but wario IS unique, he has his own series, and thus has many of his own games, waluigi doesnt, and only apepars in party/sports games...

Waluigi is a NO for brawl...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It Nintendo with Sakurai, need I say more? G&W wasn't expected, now was he? 7 would do it for me, but then again I'm not making the game now am I? I would prefer they make 3 DK characters at least, but hey that's just me.

Those Star Fox characters were just all the main characters I know, in order of chance. I doubt more than 4 Star Fox characters are in Brawl. Sakurai said he going to add more female characters, period. That means Dixie and Krystal have exellent shots, becuase of that alone, and Krystal is Fox's love intrest!

How is YLink not gonna make it when he is main character of LOZ? Check my list above, and the Wind Waker moveset would be an original new moveset! YLink owns! Why don't you all play all the LOZ series games, and then try to convince me YLink isn't the main character. And Waluigi would be a neat experiment...I wonder how he would play. If he in Brawl, I don't want another clone. Go cel-shaded Link!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Thats Bowser.

@ Johnnight .....Your dilusional. GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD THAT Y.LINK IS GONE. THAT IS NOT THE TRUE LINK AND HE IS JUST A CLONE OF BIG LINK. FACE IT HE'S GONE.
He was kidding about the Bowser/Koopa thing, take it easy.

And leave Johny alone, Y. Link has a chance. I'm not going to declare publically how good it is, but his being a clone doesn't automatically exclude him, be fair about it.

Exactly! Young Link is a clone, and they must leave.
Ganon and Falco are clones yet they will surely return.

EDIT: Meep! I should have stayed out of this. Even if I lose credibility on this site, I will stick up for what I believe in.

Rhyme come convince this johnnight guy that Y.Link won't make it. Your word seems to be law.
Sorry, but I'm not truely convinced that Y. Link deserves to get the boot. I'll agree that he's not a particularly important character, however, he does play a role to some extent. Like it has been said before by the likes of other "smart" individuals, there is no definative "Adult Link" or "Young Link", these are just frames for relative age. Only 1 or 2 Zelda games had either Young or Adult Link, every other contained some version in-between.

So, given that Nintendo has clearly selected the oldest version of Link that they could have as the new Brawl design, I'd say that it would be fairly difficult to combine the two into one character. Young Link might end up his own seperate character.

In all actuality, Y/A are the same Link so there is no real reason to have both of them. I'll just say this, "While Young Link's chances aren't great, you shouldn't count him out just because he's a clone."

Finally, my word doesn't equal law. Power is not commanded by the likes of one, it is delegated by the masses, when they choose to relinquish the power they contain as individuals. Instead of following my order, start taking your own arguments and ideas and work with those. Just because I try to act smart doesn't make me right ALL of the time.

elbryan

Smash Cadet
Yeah i gotta say Mastergary you are really biased about the whole get rid of y link thing but get rid of falco. Both have the potential in the next game to be changed a lot...personally i think y link should be cel shaded link. Just because a character is a clone does not make them automatically out.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I never said Ylink wouldnt make it in, I believe he will be in brawl, but as WW link, I see far mroe potential in WW link to be added than any other link (seeing how TP is already in), he can have the deku leaf as his recovery, the skull hammer, and other weapons (havent played WW in a while)

Krystal, yes she has a very high chance in appearing, but doub dixie will be in, u want 3 dk characters? ok: DK, diddy and k. rool, happy? not? oh well

U c its like this, if they add dixie, theres no reason in not adding Toadette, no reason in not adding birdo, and no reason in not adding mallow, believe me we do not need these characters...

Anything else u wanna add so I can absh it? XD

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pure Evidence YLink is in Brawl

Rhyme come convince this johnnight guy that Y.Link won't make it. Your word seems to be law.
He is the main character of LOZ, above and beyond adult link. Taking him out would be a huge mistake by Sakurai and Nintendo. You forgot Nintendo's funding the project, and they can add a character they want. That would be bad for Nintendo, dumping him.

Again he's in LOZ, A link to the Past, Link's AAwakening, Ocarina Of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracles of Seasons, The Wind Waker, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap, and the upcoming Phantom Hourglass. Doubt any of you are right. Adult Link is only in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, and Zelda II if you consider 16 adult Link. Again anyone else here played all the LOZ game (with the expcetion of those unofficial CD-I Phillips crap)?

YLink=cel-shaded Link, that how it gonna end up. I love cel-shaded Link, he's hilarious! And those Birdo, Toad, Toadette (maybe Toad and Toadette like Ice Climbers), etc. were just ideas! I just want YLink in it, and Ganondorf to have a sword! Then I happy!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
U c its like this, if they add dixie, theres no reason in not adding Toadette, no reason in not adding birdo, and no reason in not adding mallow, believe me we do not need these characters...

Anything else u wanna add so I can absh it? XD
They would add Geno way before Mallow, so I would hope, he was much cooler. That's a bold proclimation, I'm gonna sit back and watch this one.;) (Unless I get bored. XP)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All I know about either of them is theri both from Super Mario RPG (i hope they put that game on Wii Virtual Console, I've been refered to it so many times!). I also know what was explained in a brief summary on Wikepedia about them, and I've seen a picture of both of them.

They both look cool, but Geno looks more fit for Brawl, though you can't count Mallow out! Then again, I don't know much about them and they both look like two characters I would love to see how they play in Brawl. I doubt both of them in Brawl, but hey my new quote of myself says this: "It's Sakurai, and he's unpredictable!" I with Ryhme on this one, sit back and watch what happens. Can't wait to see another Brawl trailer.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok U just want yLink and ganondorf w/ sword?

U will be happy, WW link will probably be in brawl, he can be quite unique, having diferent weapons from TP link, and ganondorf will most surely have the sword of sages, the sword he uses as his primary weapon in TP, seeing how he was a clone, developers will probably add him his kick *** sword to not only declone him, but to make him almost exactly like he is in TP...

but the fact is:
Waluigi and dixie are a no for brawl...

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Wolf, as long as he's NOT a Fox/Falco clone. Roy, IMO, should be replaced by Sothe or Ike.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Cel-Shaded Link would own in Brawl! Just don't be a clone!

Ok U just want yLink and ganondorf w/ sword?

U will be happy, WW link will probably be in brawl, he can be quite unique, having diferent weapons from TP link, and ganondorf will most surely have the sword of sages, the sword he uses as his primary weapon in TP, seeing how he was a clone, developers will probably add him his kick *** sword to not only declone him, but to make him almost exactly like he is in TP...

but the fact is:
Waluigi and dixie are a no for brawl...
Dixie is almost eminent, she could be completely unique. Waluigi I'd say needs ti stay out of being Wario, Mario, and especially Luigi. If he' in it I want him to be unlike any character in most perspectives. TWW Link owns! He's most likely going to be the Brawl YLink, maybe with the sword he Phantom Hourglass (remember Phantom Hourglass is The Wind Waker's sequal). He'd be a hilarious addition to Brawl, and would be changed for good of things.

I vote Wolf, just as long as he isn't a Star Fox clone. If Wolf, Fox, Falco, and if Krystal is in Brawl, I want them to have only a few moves the same at most. If one of those 4 would be a Star Fox clone, I'd rather have Roy. But i want both in Brawl, even though Roy has like a 2 to 3 chance at best, & Wolf has around 4 to 1 chance at best, or so I'm just guessing.:cool:

Wrath`

Smash Master
This vote is unfair for 2 reasons.
1.Wolf and roy are from diffrent franchises
2.Roy is a poteintial return char. and wolf a wanted chara.
So it is unfair.

New pole,

WOLF or KRYSTAL?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I wasn't completely aware that it was a poll. I thought that we were being asked for our opinions on the two characters, more or less. I included what I thought of each, and which of the two I'd rather see, just in case.

As for the other topic at hand, I would prefer to have Wolf over Krystal. No offense to anyone who's a huge fan of the Starfox series, I don't know an aweful lot about these characters, but I do know that there NEED to be more villains in Brawl. Both Smash 64 and Melee have been at a significant loss for villains, even though the respective hero was featured. Krystal is still one of my most desired characters to have in Brawl, and I don't think that Nintendo could rightfully exclude her this time, but if I had to choose between the two, Wolf O'Donnel has greater priority and importance.

EDIT:
How is voting for what newcomer u want to see in brawl fits in the whose going to return topic??
It doesn't.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ofcoarse Diddy can make it to Brawl without Dixie! Heck, lately DK and Diddy only appeared in games... Mario Power Tennis, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, DK: King of Swing (the solo adventure had Diddy as the only unlockable character) and Donkey Konga all had only DK and Diddy playable. Dixie only appeared WITH DK and Diddy in games as Mario Baseball, Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Donkey Konga 2 and 3 (3 being Japan only). Not to mentoin that the DK and Diddy only trend probarly continues with Super Mario Strikers 2 and DK: King of Swing DS. Sure Dixie could be tagged up with Diddy, but frankly that's the only change she has of appearing in Brawl. Diddy would make an excelent solo character...

Still, the Link called "Link" in SSB was always the adult one am I right? That means that he's the real Link. And as I said before, Link in the older games was always in between Young and Adult Link so those Links are a whole other Link altogher. I do agree that it was Young Link in games as the Minish Cap and 4 Swords Adventures though.

Still they are lame and unoriginal characters and there are far more deserving Mario characters. What about Toad? Bowser Jr? Geno? Kamek (also counts for a Yoshi character)? Or Paper Mario perhaps? All should be considered above filler characters as Waluigi and Daisy.

Because he said many times that it was Sora, and not Nintendo who is making the game? As for female characters, I think they could easly exclude Dixie and Krystal. Captain Sirup, Mona, Midna, Lip, Micaiah and Sami (Advance Wars) are all good character choices.

Sakurai's ideas are extremely out of the ordinary, and is what he is most well-known for. Hint: SSB is out-of-the box thinking, and is a pure original. Plus, Snake and Pit in Brawl, as well as G&W, Ice Climbers, and Ness (even though he's in SSB 64) are out of the ordinary characters. Expect nothing and be surprised. He is known for doing things people never thoguht of, but like and that is what Sakurai is good at, and is probably going to continue to do
Yeah he is, and he probarly will. The only thing I really expect from Brawl is it being a good game.

O, and master gary, i a, not giving up! I don't care if I have to own everyone of you noobs who want the "clones" out without changing them to become pure originals, but if YLink not in Brawl I gonna be mad as hell! Plus anyone here ever played LOZ?

A link to the past? Link's Awakening? OOT? Majora's Mask? OoS? OoA? The Wind Waker? Four Swords? Four Swords Adventures? Minish Cap? Phantom Hourglass? Geez, anyone else her played all the LOZ games but me? Why boot him out when you can remake him?! God, am I the only person who has played all the LOZ games?
Ofcoarse we have played LOZ. But that doesn't mean that Young Link will be completly original, since no mather what Zelda game you play, you'll always end up having a Bow, a Boomerang and Bombs as items aswell as a Sword and the Spin Attack technique. These features also represent Young Link well, so why wouldn't he be a clone of Link again?

Why everyone hates YLink? What about Falco? Sure Falco's my 5th favorite, but he's also a clone. They both are clones, but why is one loved, one hated? I want them both in Brawl, but as pure originals. Getting rid of him would make fans of LOZ mad, and Nintendo would lose money dumping him, compared to keeping him. Last I checked, Nintendo was about ALL the fans, and doing that would lose many fans, including me.
Cause Falco is a whole other character than Fox? Cause Falco is one of the few worthy StarFox characters? And I don't think Nintendo would lose money dumping Young Link, cause that would make room for another and more deserving Zelda character. Not that dumping ANY character as minor as Young Link is gonna hurt SSB. Many characters can easly be dumped, except for the mayor All Star characters as Mario, Link, Fox, Donkey Kong, Pikachu and Kirby. Any character that isn't an All Star or populair can easly be dumped, and seeing as the mayority here wants Young Link to go you can assume he's not very populair.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
No more polls please, they suck for discussion and eventually we will run out of people [to vote], plus it would encourage people to spam [dam, I sound like a wanna-be mod now].

Anyway, I prefer Wolf because he has better character and plays a better role in the SF games, I know that will only give him an average chance of getting in [since it doesn't totally depend on what the character in the game does] but it's worth something.

EDIT: Diddy summed up that post nicely, GJ.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i wanna see krystal and wolf in. i dont like wolf in assault though. he discourages people to pick difrent characters. after u unlock wolf for multiplayer whats the point of the other characters?

Wrath`

Smash Master
i wanna see krystal and wolf in. i dont like wolf in assault though. he discourages people to pick difrent characters. after u unlock wolf for multiplayer whats the point of the other characters?
Yhea i know what you mean,he's the only one who dosn't go down with one reg snipe shot.Thats why i call the demon snipe "wolfsbane".
But i always use falco.

My friend buddy is a wolf user

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Yhea i know what you mean,he's the only one who dosn't go down with one reg snipe shot.Thats why i call the demon snipe "wolfsbane".
But i always use falco.

My friend buddy is a wolf user
usualy when there are like 3 wolfs i am the only falco. he is my favoruite and he's just cool. he shud hav his assault outfit in brawl. assualt falco looks alot better than that ds falco

Top Bottom