• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

len1

Smash Journeyman
Soras nintendo games = 1 SONIC = 9+
Sonic has had more games on nintendo and hes the most requested so lets have him

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
5 StarFox characters?! There was a discussion about 5 Fire Emblem characters which everyone agreed was an outragerous number, and the series are around just as long as StarFox. And really, besides Wolf and Krystal I can't see any serious character worth adding... =/

If Sheik and Young Link are leaving, I think they should add atleast Midna and another Zelda character, don't really care who. 5 Characters is alot! Dr.Mario IS leaving, so that leaves Mario with 4 characters too... Maybe they get another one but 6 is even too much for Mario I think.

DK and Metroid should only get one new character, namely Diddy Kong and Ridley. More DK characters would ALWAYS be appreciated my be, SURE! ;) But realisticly, I don't expect more to come. However, those two are a MUST!
YLink isn't leaving! You should know by now he is the center piece of the Zelda series, though you can expect him to become cel-shaded. Considering YLink is in 11 or 12 LOZ games, and adult Link is in 2 or 3, that kinda makes him more important to the series.

Also DK is gonna have Dixie over Diddy, though both are almost eminent, soly becuase Sakurai wants more female chacters. Metroid expect one, or little chance of two new characters, probablly Dark Samus, or less likely SA-X (god Samus has too many of clones).

I pretty sure Shiek is gone, which is sad considering she is a complete original character, though not that much of a center piece of the LOZ series as YLink. I bet Wolf Link w/t Midna has a solid chance, & i wonder if they could add Zant or Ganon. Lots of options from every single series, so little choices.

For Mario 6 is to be expected, if you include Wario, Waluigi. Even Princess Daisy has a good shot. Paper Mario, as well as Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario have good chances as well, which adds characters. Birdo also might have some chance, though it unlikely. Mario could go around 8 characters. How is 6 too much for the #1 selling video game series of all time? How is 6 enough?, is more like it.

All the still going series, which are: Mario, Yoshi, Metroid, DK, LOZ, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, deserve at least 3 slots each, with the obvious exception of Yoshi. F-Zero might not follow through, maybe even Fire Emblem but other than that this should be expected. Say i'm crazy, and I'll laugh when your wrong!

YLink leaving, hell that's not gonna happen, ditching Nintendo's main man in green. Remember, adult Link only in 2 or 3 LOZ games. 0 chance of dumping him! Got a better chance of ditching almost any other character over that. He is that much of a center piece of Nintendo and it's history. No doubt he's in Brawl. I'll either laugh when I'm right, or cry if I'm wrong, but I 100% certain. Trust me, if there's anything I'm certain upon, its that.

5 Star Fox characters isn't that outrageous! I expect 3, probablly 4 Star Fox characters. This is Sakurai and Miyamoto we are talking about! They are both brilliant, best known for their unusual ideals and success. It is sorta what Sakurai did with the whole SSB series! Expect anything, hint Solid Snake, or maybe Mr. Game and Watch got your attention? Think outside the box like they do, and you will see few ideas are totally stupid. Think about it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie over Diddy? No way! Sure she's a female, but there are ALOT of other factors for choosing a character like importance and populairity and Diddy is better in both than Dixie! Just please... Being a female character shouldn't give Dixie priority over Diddy, that just doesn't makes sence. =/

And why should Young Link return? I've explained before that it wasn't neccencarly Young Link in the games before Ocarina of Time. In Melee Young Link's thropy said that Link's apperance has changed over and over again so I say it's a whole other Link all togheter. Also if they really thought Young Link was the real Link then why did Adult Link made the apperance on SSB64??

Waluigi, I don't want him... -_- He's not even deserving it. Princess Daisy a good shot? She's just as Waluigi an unoriginal filler character. You want Brawl full of just filler characters or good characters who are more well known and unique? You say it.

Also just to make sure, Miyamoto isn't making the game. Heck Nintendo doesn't even makes this game! Miyamoto sure is the supervisor and checks if the development is going good once in a while but other then that he has nothing to do with Brawl, nor the characters.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I don't realy like shiek,and i hate whien friend beats me with her,But she should still stay.She had her own moveset,so you can't say she was cloney

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Shiek was an original character, I'll give her that, but her originality doesn't make her any more important to the Zelda series. Therefore, I still believe she should be cut.

I'd also have to agree that Diddy is more important than Dixie. Diddy Kong Racing, come on that was obvious who had greater priority. The way I see it, Dixie will only make it into Brawl if she and Diddy fight as a pair, which isn't an entirely outlandish idea.

As for the Mushroom Kingdom, I say Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Wario MUST be in, Baby Bowser/Shadow Mario SHOULD be in but might not make it, and anyone else is a toss-up. Other Mario themed characters which have been suggested are nice, but not important enough to take up a spot on the roster as long as Nintendo has other ideas. Trust me, there are at least 2 other Mario varients I wouldn't mind seeing.

Tell me if I forgot someone important, otherwise I'm done here.:cool:

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Dry Bones is VERY popular in Mario Kart DS, do you think he has any chance of appearing in Brawl?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dry Bones is VERY popular in Mario Kart DS, do you think he has any chance of appearing in Brawl?
Low, very low to be centrain. I can go further if you want to... Besides, how can't Dry Bones be populair when he has the best Acceleration of MKDS? Ohh and snaking. -_-

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No I'm pretty sure R.O.B had the best stats but people always seem to prefer the lighter but faster characters over the heavy but powerful ones. In this case, people like acceleration and low weight above high top speed and high weight... Probarly won't change for a long time, unlike some random company makes the most kickass powerhouse fatso character where almost every game character is gonna be based off.

Daymn I need to stop writing all these nonsence things. o.o;

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Low acceleration normally causes people to lose races 'cuz they get nailed by attacks often, if you know how to avoid that stuff they become good to race with.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
But players aren't stupid, they'll use the character with the stats that help them win, which is Dry Bones in this case. A character probably doesn't have the BEST stats if the majority of competitive players use another character. The best stats belong to the most widely used character, which in this case happens to be Dry Bones. At least that's the way I look at it.

It's like saying Marth has the best stats in Melee because he outranges every other character, that doesn't mean everyone uses him. Sure, it's hard to catch the fast carts, but pass 'em and they just lost. In Melee, Marth's amazing if you can outrange your opponent. Let a good Fox/Falco get in close and you're pretty much done for.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well, unless you run the theory that there is a specific Koopa or Shy Guy who continues to make apperances, then it would be possible for one of them to make it. I'd very much enjoy Koopa in Brawl, though I seriously doubt the chances of him making it.

This is much like, even though there are hundreds of Yoshii, one specific Yoshi continues to appear in all the Mario games.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Well, unless you run the theory that there is a specific Koopa or Shy Guy who continues to make apperances, then it would be possible for one of them to make it. I'd very much enjoy Koopa in Brawl, though I seriously doubt the chances of him making it.

This is much like, even though there are hundreds of Yoshii, one specific Yoshi continues to appear in all the Mario games.
You know, I once heard about a Koopa that Koopa was an unloackable character in Melee, though it wasn't as popular as the Sonic and Tails and Toad rumors.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt we'll c Shy guy, koopa troopa, dry bones or any one of those generic characters any time soon in Brawl...

Yoshi is in cause, well, he had his own game, and is very famous among the important mario series characters, yes I know there are like hundreds of yoshis, but there are few characters out there that are generic, but at the same time have a big role in their respected series, just like toad...

blackmagicmoe

Smash Rookie
dry bones wouldnt be cool.... if you add him you might as well keep all the other characters...
Although i do use him in mario kart ds

Someone make me a sig with donkey kong!!

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Thats Bowser.

@ Johnnight .....Your dilusional. GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD THAT Y.LINK IS GONE. THAT IS NOT THE TRUE LINK AND HE IS JUST A CLONE OF BIG LINK. FACE IT HE'S GONE.
Exactly! Young Link is a clone, and they must leave.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Then agian if y.link leaves cause of being a clone.................thatmight apply to others such as mine and many othersa favorites like falco and gannon

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
Then agian if y.link leaves cause of being a clone.................thatmight apply to others such as mine and many othersa favorites like falco and gannon
Why does there need to be a Young link if there is link?

Falco shouldn't go because he is good. His moveset might be similar but the speed techniques are far different

Gannondorf, they should just have a new moveset. gannon is nothing like C.F. yet they have similiar move sets. Give gannon new moves and keep him in.

WOLF FOR BRAWL!

Top Bottom