• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Oh, jeeze...we've gone over this before.

Gun as in a firearm that resembles something that may be readily available to any ******* little kid playing this game. Showing an almost accurately proportioned human male firing a handgun that a little kid may see everyday or may know where something similar is hidden in their daddy's drawer is bad news. Kids probably don't have access to RPGs and grenades but it is a high enough probability that they could to a pistol.
You made a good point. But there are also little kids who play GTA.

Stryks

Smash Hero
well the GRENADE in the rocket propelled GRENADE launcher is an EXPLOSIVE, so technically sakurai hasnt acutally implemented a gun yet, he added an EXPLOSIVE...

MasterGary

Smash Ace
well the GRENADE in the rocket propelled GRENADE launcher is an EXPLOSIVE, so technically sakurai hasnt acutally implemented a gun yet, he added an EXPLOSIVE...
Ok we understand you (well at least i do). But there are still things already in the game that are pretty close to guns. (fox and falco's blaster samuses missel launcher snakes rpg)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
But GTA is aimed towards adults and if children play then it is the fault of the parents. SSB is supposed to be for everyone from 13 and up but doesn't contain anything that would shoot it up to being 17 and up so it is still okay for kids younger than 13. A common handgun that is usually involved in a good deal of domestic crime would bump the violence level to high for the game to be rated low enough for the target audience.

Also, bows use ammunition.

Stryks

Smash Hero
samus's canon and fox's/falco's blasters arent from the real world, sakurai stated he didnt want real world weapons, and so far I havent seen any woman with a canon in her arm firing missiles or blaster that fire purple lasers...

Wrath`

Smash Master
samus's canon and fox's/falco's blasters arent from the real world, sakurai stated he didnt want real world weapons, and so far I havent seen any woman with a canon in her arm firing missiles or blaster that fire purple lasers...
Well actualy...............................*quits whiel he's ahead*

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman

Not to mention he has one at all times. :p

I'd just keep with my old idea of just making the Dr. Mario of SSBM into the Mario of SSBB. Just give him more dynamic sweetspots like with his aerial forward A move in the trailer.

This seems to be the general consensus. I do believe the Doc bit's been discussed plenty so we'll move on to another topic in a sec (also because this "gun" debate is kind of moot).

Nah, that was a comic in Nintendo Power, I believe.
Crap. I stand corrected then.

I got some questions:

1) Ispline, since when did this become YOUR thread?
2) What happened to that guy with a cool name?
3) If Mario is a plumber why doesn't he ever use a plunger or wrench or something?
1) Since I said so.
2) He's too cool for us.
3) He found it easier to jump on the little ****s he found in the pipes.

You made a good point. But there are also little kids who play GTA.
Note: There was never a GTA game released for any Nintendo system ever. Reason why? Nintendo has, until very recently, had a family-friendly stance that drove off most 3rd party developers. Not to meantion that those little kids shouldn't be playing GTA in the first place. Thus making that kind of irrelivant to the topic.

And to continue on with this thing, seeing as how this "homgz gunz!" topic will surely die soon, let's start talking about the next character on the list.

Let's go to Bowser. I'm skipping Mario and Luigi for obvious reasons, and if you have to ask you shouldn't be here anyway. I don't recall hearing anyone against Bowser returning, so why not discuss what possible changes you'd like to see in Bowser; or anything Bowser-related in SSBB for that matter. This shouldn't be too long, so we'll change character in page 165 somewhere.

Poopy D

Smash Rookie
I hope that all the character's return. We live in an age where the size of games keeps increasing so there should be enough memory to hold all the old characters plus the new ones. As for the clones Brawl could just do what soul Calibur 3 did and well unclone them.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I hope that all the character's return. We live in an age where the size of games keeps increasing so there should be enough memory to hold all the old characters plus the new ones. As for the clones Brawl could just do what soul Calibur 3 did and well unclone them.
Nice first post on the boards, though could I get some sort of opinion on Bowser's return? I've seen some pretty kick-*** Bowsers out there, I'd like to know what some of you think should change to make him better; at least enough to compete with any revamped returning characters.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I think if bowser didnt had so much lag in all of his moves he can be a way better character, attacks like the fire breath, koopa claw, bowser bomb and other have way too much lag, and u can easily dodge them with WD and then Fsmash him to oblivion...

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I think if bowser didnt had so much lag in all of his moves he can be a way better character, attacks like the fire breath, koopa claw, bowser bomb and other have way too much lag, and u can easily dodge them with WD and then Fsmash him to oblivion...
All-in-all, I agree with you. Even though his lag is a part of his character, it's too much of an extreme. It would be nice if they changed his up-b to be a little less predictable though. It's a nice attack in general, but is way too predictable as a recovery.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Why did we skip Luigi?

I do think Bowser will return since he's the main antagonist to the main protagonist of the Mario series. I agree that some of his balances were made too extreme (or some weren't made extreme enough) like most other balances in the game.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Why did we skip Luigi?
Let's go to Bowser. I'm skipping Mario and Luigi for obvious reasons, and if you have to ask you shouldn't be here anyway.
C'mon big D... you're disappointing me...

;p don't worry about it, I guess I was bound to explain anyways. Seeing as how Mario and Luigi are guarunteed a spot in Brawl, it's really not worth discussing. If you guys object, though, feel free to explain why. I may seem like an ignorant hick, but honestly I can be rather open minded.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Eh...I just don't think he's that guaranteed. He is kind of like Mario's Ken but...I dunno. I've always loved Luigi (usually being my second character to Link in both games) I just can't really imagine him being in this game. It's just this weird feeling I have. I dunno, though. He probably is in there, just forget all of this.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

I do think Bowser will return since he's the main antagonist to the main protagonist of the Mario series. I agree that some of his balances were made too extreme (or some weren't made extreme enough) like most other balances in the game.
But of course. In fact, I can't believe that he wasn't in Smash 64 since Bowser and Mario are well.....inseprable! Oh yeah, Bowser will return in Brawl with some soul & swagger!

Poopy D

Smash Rookie
Sorry Ipsline. I didn't think people would reply to my post. Lets see a way to make Bowser better... hmm thats tough. I guess they could speed him up a little bit giving him a better up and B move so he could get back in the fight a little more often maybe give him some sort of projectile fire ball ala Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 to give him more range to counteract his slowness.

KenKen

Smash Rookie
if i could chose any characters to get rid of ness would definatly be one of them and inexchange in his place i would like to see ike from fire emblem path of radiance or sonic maybe shadow

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
It'd be cool if they made a Bowser lvl. Maybe the bridge where you verse him in the 2D games. It'd be like Mushroom Kingdom except more flat like FD. The music would be the original castle music.

BTW, I agree with everyone, Bowser did have to much lag time. Plus he had no long range attacks and was slow. Try playing 3 lvl9 Bowser's and see how easy it is compared to 3 lvl9 fox's. There is a major differance. CPU's are not as hard as real people but lvl9 Bowser's are to easy to beat. If he had that much lag time, they should have made him way stronger.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Why bowser will be in brawl.
1.He is a villian,and we are trying to have more of them not take them out.
2.Bowser is one of the most recegnizible nintendo villians there are
3.One of the few heavywieghts
4.He breaths fire end of story

Rhyme

Smash Lord
3. A stage would be difficult to come up with, though I'd be interested in what they'd come up with. Any ideas for a Doc stage?

For this portion of the thread let's try to stay on-topic...
I have nothing more that hasn't already been said to add onto the Dr. Mario discussion.

As for a stage, on the off chance that he is in Brawl, I would say something contained in his pill bottle, kind of like G&W's stage but with a few changes. You cannot fall off the sides, only out of the top. Virus blocks are scattered about the board to provide surfaces to tech off of and jump on. More fall from the ceiling and block your access through the level for a period of time before disappearing. They push you out of the way if you are hit. Actually, forget what I just wrote. I'll leave it because it parallels a previous concept, but thinking of a theme level is hard.:(

Dammit, I need to stop being so long winded u_u; Rhyme needs to come in soon and ***** about how I suck at explaining myself.
^_^

OFF TOPIC AND ON TOPIC AT THE SAME TIME:Everone knows capn' fslcon has a gun.Why dosnt he use it?
Because he would rather pummel you with his own knee?

Well actualy...............................*quits whiel he's ahead*
That would be a page ago.;)

[/color]
1) Since I said so.
2) He's too cool for us.
3) He found it easier to jump on the little ****s he found in the pipes.

Let's go to Bowser. I'm skipping Mario and Luigi for obvious reasons, and if you have to ask you shouldn't be here anyway.
I didn't realize you could claim a thread. *cough*egotistical*cough*

Why skip Luigi? :cry:

could I get some sort of opinion on Bowser's return? I've seen some pretty kick-*** Bowsers out there, I'd like to know what some of you think should change to make him better; at least enough to compete with any revamped returning characters.
I would say we need to make his range slightly longer and increase lateral movement and DI of his upB. No other changes should be necessary to Bowser. I didn't think there would be so much of a question as to whether or not he should stay. :ohwell:

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
In response to the Grand Theft Auto comment...

Grand Theft Auto Advance is a Gameboy Advanced game, so A GTA game has appeared on a Nintendo system. R* is also backing up the Wii with Manhunt 2, so I wouldn't say that Nintendo pushed developers away by targetting a family audience.

As much as I'd like to see Mike, the protagonist or antagonist (depending how you look at it) of GTA:Advance in SSBB, I just don't think it's feasible. Not because Nintendo pushed away developers, but because of the overall amount of violence and controversy involved in the GTA series. MGS is rated M, and Snake still made the cut, but I believe that's because his moveset doesn't use any realistic guns, only explosives. It'd be hard to make a GTA character be able to fight without using guns while avoiding the controversy of their inclusion in the game.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Bowser huh? Well I think he needs more weight, which means at 100% damage he shouldn't be as easy to knockback as Mario at 100%. He needs stronger throws and more range. A lot of his moves seem redundant so he needs different moves with different effects like most characters have.

Maybe he should get another fire attack? Maybe a few fire based moves. Maybe he could put out randomly coloured shells with B move much like Peach's down B.

It'd be funny if he had a move that poops of koopas, but in the end I think Bowser was done wrong Melee.

Rash

Smash Ace
Ugh. Don't even mention Pichu. That thing's an abomination to Smash. It's the only one of the "clones" that has absolutely nothing going for it, at all.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
In response to the Grand Theft Auto comment...

Grand Theft Auto Advance is a Gameboy Advanced game, so A GTA game has appeared on a Nintendo system. R* is also backing up the Wii with Manhunt 2, so I wouldn't say that Nintendo pushed developers away by targetting a family audience.

As much as I'd like to see Mike, the protagonist or antagonist (depending how you look at it) of GTA:Advance in SSBB, I just don't think it's feasible. Not because Nintendo pushed away developers, but because of the overall amount of violence and controversy involved in the GTA series. MGS is rated M, and Snake still made the cut, but I believe that's because his moveset doesn't use any realistic guns, only explosives. It'd be hard to make a GTA character be able to fight without using guns while avoiding the controversy of their inclusion in the game.
No one said anything about charachters from GTA being in brawl. Just thought I'd let you know.

yoshii

Smash Ace
Sorry Ipsline. I didn't think people would reply to my post. Lets see a way to make Bowser better... hmm thats tough. I guess they could speed him up a little bit giving him a better up and B move so he could get back in the fight a little more often maybe give him some sort of projectile fire ball ala Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 to give him more range to counteract his slowness.
Bowser's up B is like his main move, thats all hes got, the fortress! The best way to make bowser better is to just take him out of the game;) Or maybe give him a shine.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Okay, seems as if I just stirred up a bunch of crap. For one thing: I don't claim to own the thread. Though you could think of it as something like the stock market. I've had more experience in a thread (i.e. I own more shares in this thread) than, say, someone who just made their first post... and in terms of the stock market, I would own more of this thread than they do.

This is a ****ty, ****ty analogy. Bare with me (pun intended ^_~)

*sigh* Enough being stupid for me. I didn't even know about GTA on the GBA; I stand corrected there. Though the onslaught of games directed towards a more mature audience on Nintendo systems is relatively new. That's why I said they were family oriented until very recently.

To address this "Why'd we skip Luigi..." issue...

Luigi is practically guarunteed a returning spot. I'm going over the characters that have a chance of not reappearing. Yes, there's a chance--however small--that Bowser wont be back. Though the fact that he's logically assured a spot in Brawl made me direct the conversation towards Luigification of Bowser.

And I hate to burst your bubble MasterGary... but Peach's turnips kind of suck. a) They're easy to catch. b) Peach's turnips are stopped by just about any attack, as long as they're timed right. and c) Young/Link's shield will stop even a pissy turnip.

Which brings us to the next character.... PEACH (or Daisy if you're so inclined). DISCUSS.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I now post in elephant gray!!!

Peach is the female part of the mario selection and the main female character in the mario series most of the time.So she will stay.It's really fun to ko somebody with a pan.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
She needs a skin tight suit like ZSS

Peach was pretty well done, I can't think of anything for her.

*Thinks to self* Dam Toad is lucky, he gets to live between a pair of boobs, where does he get that green stuff from anyway? Maybe he has a flatulence problem.

Top Bottom