• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not true, I once saw this kangaroo totally kicking someones ***, the guy barely made it out alive, and sometimes theres this circus with a boxing kangaroo, its awesome [/offtopic],,,

Devastlian

Smash Lord
To be fair, the only not yet confirmed characters who have absolutely no chance of being cut are Yoshi, DK, and Luigi. Any other character has at least some chance.
Assuming SSBB keeps up the tradition that a stage can't exist without a corresponding character, Yoshi is guaranteed. Donkey Kong and Luigi have no evidence supporting guaranteedness.

As quoted from SP's translation thread: "Sorry. I'm not very smart but I can't tell a lie so I'm just going to write it.//As for the previous game's characters, some of them will disappear. Definitely." Objectively speaking, this means that six (seven assuming we should assume Yoshi is guaranteed) to twenty-four (counting Sheik as a seperate character, 'some' implies that more than one will be cut) characters will be returning from SSBM. There's been nothing revealed to narrow that number down. Which leads to:
That's exactly what I do when someone states right at the beginning of their post "this is just my opinion". I try to leave opinions out of my post for that exact reason, I know people will just skip what I had written. Of course, there are times when my opinion is neccessary so I try to make sure I inform people before they waste their time reading.
I'd rather hear everyone's opinions rather than watching them try to adhere to the utter lie that is objectiveness.

Also, let's do a poll thingy using the knowledge of the game we have. First, state how may returning characters you want there to be. Your options are 6 to 24. Just a number; no names.

Then, and this was taken from a post of mine a few pages back that was ignored:
Alright, I've been thinking about this for awhile. Let's play a game. Let's assume we're all idiots (some may not have to try too hard) and think that, since we've only seen two characters confirmed so far in SSBB that have the same symbol--IE Kirby and Meta Knight sharing the star symbol--pick one character you want to return that shared a symbol with another of the returning characters in SSBM and say why you pick said character over the others that bore said symbol.

For example: I say Ganondorf since I believe that a hero/villain type dealie would be better represented in SSBB than...beating on your woman. I've always like Ganondorf's design, especially his voice, and just believe he fits better in the overall scheme of teh SSBBzorz.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
xD Don't worry about it... I'm the one who's supposed to be coming off as a jerk. Don't be trying to take my glory ;p

So far I've seen the majority of arguments for why each character should stay or go. I've seen good arguments and I've seen horribley, stupid, n00b-*** comments that would make even the most level-headed Smasher cringe and implode by the sheer force of ignorance exuding from said n00b.

Just keep in mind that almost all aspects of characters have been discussed, and SO FAR there is not a single shred of evidence that ANYONE is getting booted. I agree with these guys I quoted here, and I prupose that we just simply ignore any run-of-the-mill nub who makes a stupid comment. I know it sounds like I'm making an obvious proposal, but let's take this statement as an example:

"Hey guyz yunglink is so not gunna be smasher he's 2 gey to character."

I can tell you right now there will be several arguments going on just because of this one *******. You have the pro-Young Link smashers demanding evidence to support his claim. You've got the grammar freaks who wont stop *****ing until this guy posts normally (waste of time, ain't gonna happen); and you've got the anti-homophobe and realist groups trying to argue whether or not Young Link is really gay. I would never think of such an argument even being an issue; but I'm sure you guys recall the recent conflict over Pit's sexuality?

So, in short, those of us who are getting annoyed, just relax and wait for a worthwhile comment to acknowledge. Complaining and flaming wont get us anywhere.

And if you really need something to talk about, come up with a topic you think is worthy. Besides, if it's your topic, you've got all the right in the world to flame nubs ^_^
Okay, I'll sit back and watch from the shadows to see if anyone posts anything worth commenting on. Hopefully, we get some updates from Sakurai soon. I'm so, so, bored. Zzzzzzzzzz

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Devastlian, I think your Maths a bit off. There are 6 fully confirmed returning characters not counting Yoshi (who is practically only waiting official confirmation).

Wrath`

Smash Master
I like your new sig buddy9246:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

Who thinks gigabowser should be a fully playible charecter on ssbb without action replay.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
Clearly flamebaiting deliberately. Ignore.
Yeah I know, I was just guessing... but in all honesty... The creator of Super Smash brothers has quoted in many of his speeches that he is going to rid of ice climbers and G&W for certain.. look around official nintendo websites with his quotes in them.

I also believe there is an article about it on wikipedia.

I am just guessing Roy, Pichu and Young Link are leaving purely because they are going to be netoriously difficult to get rid of their "clone" attacks. Oh and theyre characters arent very popular in the super smash brothers melee game according to many polls in Japan

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know, I was just guessing... but in all honesty... The creator of Super Smash brothers has quoted in many of his speeches that he is going to rid of ice climbers and G&W for certain.. look around official nintendo websites with his quotes in them.

I am just guessing Roy, Pichu and Young Link are leaving purely because they are going to be netoriously difficult to get rid of their "clone" attacks. Oh and theyre characters arent very popular in the super smash brothers melee game according to many polls in Japan

And I cant stress enough.. I mean the character "Young Link" was found to be unpopular in super smash brothers Melee & that is all i meant :p

I am not trying to flamebait btw, I have accumulated as much information from so many sites I could.. and am just giving my educated guess on who i think will go.. of course you are liable to argue with support.

Sorry if i upset anyone :p

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It would be fun to play as him without a action replay, even if he is a clone of Bowser. But he's also better than Bowser, like how the Crazy Hand is better than the Master Hand. Can't you play as the Master Hand or Crazy Hand with a action replay? You can do some crazy stuff with those things...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U36x_SwDLw&eurl=
*Thinks about 4 Gigabowsers on a stage like Yoshi Story [the one with the attack-able shy guys] in Giant Brawl with Super Mushrooms* *drools*

Devastlian

Smash Lord

That info is on no official sites and has been dismissed as an unconfirmable rumor.
What polls? I'm not just trying to be an *** asking for a source, either, I'm really curious about what people in Japan think. Like if they have a Japanese equivilent to SmashBoards.

Also, I thought Giga Bowser was supposed to be terrible. Like, Bowser is way heavier and the only thing Giga Bowser has going for him is his ungrabbability.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Okay this thread needs to get some sort of substance until more information is released. Sadly the Confirmed Character Disc. thread is doomed to remain dormant until such a time; but that doesn't mean this thread has to join it.

I propose we analyze each character's chances of returning starting with the top left of the Character Select Screen, and moving along to the right.

Which, I'm afraid to say, brings us to Doc.

I personally support his return, though would understand if they decided to boot him upon one or more of the following conditions: a) Mario would acquire a Doc skin to don; b) Mario's original moveset would be slightly melded with SSBM's Doc's moveset (cape, fsmash, upB); and/or c) Mario's general mechanics would be tweaked to be just slightly more floaty, with the ability to more quickly recover from aerial lag.

Otherwise, if they were seperate characters in Brawl, I would appreciate it if they did the exact opposite to Mario, in an attempt to make the two more different. I personally like Doc the way he is, though if they chose to change him instead of Mario (the more likely of the two scenario's I suppose) I would approve. Whether or not I like a character, I still appreciate being given the choice to use him; as long as he's not taking the place of better posibilities.

If Nintendo pulls this off right, that wont need to happen.

So, anyone else on Doc? I'm sure I've heard your opinions at some point, but lets get them in now. Just try to respect other people's opinions, and don't try to force what you think onto other people. To set a limit to Doc discussion, we should dedicate pages 162-163. After that, feel free to start with Mario (which honestly shouldn't even take more than a page).

OHMYFXCKINGGOD I need to stop typing now.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Things to do with doc.

1.give mario the better atrabutes of doc
2.make doc mario a special costume
3.if he is in it give him a stage related to his game
4in my Onion, ditch him
5.Waluigi>wario>luigi>mario>doc

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I think that Doc was slightly better than Mario. The only clear advantage that I would say that Mario had over the Doc is his speed. Like many people already said all they should do is kick him out and give Mario the ability to put on a Doc skin.

(offtopic) Am I the only person that thinks Krystal deserves a spot? I personaly like the space animal franchise , so I would vote for Krystal with her staff and Wolf O'Donnel aka StarWolf.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Things to do with doc.

1.give mario the better atrabutes of doc
2.make doc mario a special costume
3.if he is in it give him a stage related to his game
4in my Onion, ditch him
5.Waluigi>wario>luigi>mario>doc
1-2. Agreed.
3. A stage would be difficult to come up with, though I'd be interested in what they'd come up with. Any ideas for a Doc stage?
4. Onion?
5. I really dislike the fact that Waluigi even exists; even more-so that there's a distinct possibility of his appearance.

I think that Doc was slightly better than Mario. The only clear advantage that I would say that Mario had over the Doc is his speed. Like many people already said all they should do is kick him out and give Mario the ability to put on a Doc skin.
I entirely agree that Doc was better. It seems most people don't want him around because of the lack of popularity and that he was a less "Luigified" clone.

(offtopic) Am I the only person that thinks Krystal deserves a spot? I personaly like the space animal franchise , so I would vote for Krystal with her staff and Wolf O'Donnel aka StarWolf.
For this portion of the thread let's try to stay on-topic... but for now, I'd say Krystal has a better chance than Wolf. If anything, though, try taking this to the CCD thread. It's almost dead and could use a good topic or two.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Doc being a less Luigified clone? I'm sorry, but I don't think you exactly know what Luigifying means... It means that if a character was a clone in the previous game, it'd have his moveset and overall style tweaked so you can hardly call the character a clone anymore...

Dr.Mario and Mario are almost exact clones. I daresay they differ even less than Mario and Luigi did in the original SSB... So no, it's not that Doc isn't Luigified enough it's the fact that he's almost an exact clone with no potential of being Luigified... Since he and Mario are exactly the same person...

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
Dr.Mario stage

My idea for his stage is that you'd be in the bottle from his game. Every once and a while a pill would fall from the top. If you got smashed by it you'd tak10-20% damage and once it hit the ground you could walk on it. If the match was long enough it could get to where it's like a whole new stage. If the pills reach the top all the pills would disapear same if there's a match in color of pills.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Doc being a less Luigified clone? I'm sorry, but I don't think you exactly know what Luigifying means... It means that if a character was a clone in the previous game, it'd have his moveset and overall style tweaked so you can hardly call the character a clone anymore...
In the context of Melee, Luigified can mean just the differences between clones and their original counterparts.

Dr.Mario and Mario are almost exact clones. I daresay they differ even less than Mario and Luigi did in the original SSB... So no, it's not that Doc isn't Luigified enough it's the fact that he's almost an exact clone with no potential of being Luigified... Since he and Mario are exactly the same person...
If Luigi could've been changed, than Doc could to. Either way, I agree that Doc is currently the most similar to his respective original; but he's still a better character than Mario. That's why I propose that the two are melded, and a Doc skin added as a sort of tribute.

My idea for his stage is that you'd be in the bottle from his game. Every once and a while a pill would fall from the top. If you got smashed by it you'd tak10-20% damage and once it hit the ground you could walk on it. If the match was long enough it could get to where it's like a whole new stage. If the pills reach the top all the pills would disapear same if there's a match in color of pills.
Hm. I don't think taking damage from the falling pills would go over too well with most Smashers. If anything, have them just act as solid objects as they're falling. No damage inccurred, just freakin annoying if you're trying to knock someone out (but not so much as Hyrule). The only thing I can think of that would be nearly like this concept is Green Greens, with the falling blocks on either side of the stage.

Wrath`

Smash Master
first of all i think that all the people who have the exact same attacks as the originals should leave. Like Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Falco and Young Link.

second i think that roy and marth wont be in the next one even though i like them. because i think nintendo wants to make room for newcomers
Um dude these next two pages are for doc mario ONLY.Wait for other day to post about other people.

Show Ippy,sensi,me,others who are on topic some respect.

FALCO AND GANNONDARF ROCK YOUR BALLS

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Luigi could've been changed, than Doc could to. Either way, I agree that Doc is currently the most similar to his respective original; but he's still a better character than Mario. That's why I propose that the two are melded, and a Doc skin added as a sort of tribute.
No, Luigi is a whole diffrent character from Mario in the Mario franchise. Ever since the beginning he's not just simply Mario-but-Green he always had his own features has high jumps and nervous movements. Dr.Mario IS just Mario, but in a doctors costume...

Yes, Tier-wise Doc is better than Mario and yeah I agree that Dr.Mario would be a nice costume for Mario... So I also hope they fuse the two characters and give Mario a doctor's custome, so everyone is happy in the end.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well if u check on the 2nd trailer, u can se that marios AFA has the original effect and also sends oponents upwards, so they kinda like fused the 2 AFAs, if u hit the guy directly he goes down, but if u barely hit the guy he'll go upward, Ibelieve thats how it works...

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
i dont think dr. mario should be in the game because he is just like mario.
Ignore TwoK, he's a n00b.

And speaking of n00bs, try to be more clear on your point. Yeah, he's very similar to Mario; but anything you'd like changed to compensate? Or would rather there be no Doc than have him as a nuisance sitting there on the Character Select Screen? ;p

No, Luigi is a whole diffrent character from Mario in the Mario franchise. Ever since the beginning he's not just simply Mario-but-Green he always had his own features has high jumps and nervous movements. Dr.Mario IS just Mario, but in a doctors costume...
I try not to take into account relations of characters outside of SSB. People have given the same argment about Pichu and Pikachu, yet Pichu's playstyle is rather different from Pikachu... I'll save that discussion for when we get around to it.

My point is that in Smash, they're to be considered different characters; though I suppose you have a point in that they're almost the same because they are the same.

I guess it comes down to Doc being a novelty character. Of all the characters on the list I suppose he'd be the first to go. The only reason I even try to defend him is that I'd like to see all the characters stay just for an increased variety.

Dammit, I need to stop being so long winded u_u; Rhyme needs to come in soon and ***** about how I suck at explaining myself.

Well if u check on the 2nd trailer, u can se that marios AFA has the original effect and also sends oponents upwards, so they kinda like fused the 2 AFAs, if u hit the guy directly he goes down, but if u barely hit the guy he'll go upward, Ibelieve thats how it works...
That's pretty much what had sparked the theory of Doc and Mario being fused together; but we really wouldn't know until we got more definite gameplay footage or until we could see for ourselves.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Doc needs some more doc stuff. A thingamagjigscope, a clipboard, a sexy nurse in a tight outfi- opps did I say that out loud?

Um, so yeah, more doc stuff. Maybe he should be slower than Mario but a tid bit faster than ganondorf. His weight should be higher than Mario's.

Sorry if this all sounds dumb but I can't think of anything good for doc, well, at least there's that nurse...

Oh and boat sex [waits for Sensai to read this]

Orion Ray

Smash Rookie
The male sammus!. I just remembered that they had a comic of a guy wearing a sammus suit but in dark purple

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Doc needs some more doc stuff. A thingamagjigscope, a clipboard, a sexy nurse in a tight outfi- opps did I say that out loud?

Um, so yeah, more doc stuff. Maybe he should be slower than Mario but a tid bit faster than ganondorf. His weight should be higher than Mario's.

Sorry if this all sounds dumb but I can't think of anything good for doc, well, at least there's that nurse...

Oh and boat sex [waits for Sensai to read this]
I agree. Doc+Sexy Nurse combo kind of like the Ice Climbers xD The clipboard and stethoscope could work as well. Not to meantion, he has one in his vicotry pose.

I could see the clip-board being similar to Game&Watch's d-smash maybe? (or is that his d-tilt?) I'm thinking the floor boards here. Beh, that might just look ackward. I'm not too good with the whole moveset creation bit.

Heh, I'd be amused by a stethoscope grapple though xD

I would have to argue about your suggestion for Doc's mechanics. As it is, Doc is a little faster than Mario and a tad more floaty. Lag is also quite a bit less on his aerials. And wouldn't you expect a doctor to be more fit/in-shape than a plumber?

The male sammus!. I just remembered that they had a comic of a guy wearing a sammus suit but in dark purple
You've obviously been reading too much doujinshi hentai or some ****. gtfo my thread D:<

(hehehe, i'm a possessive, elitist little ****er)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Not to meantion, he has one in his vicotry pose.
Not to mention he has one at all times. :p

I'd just keep with my old idea of just making the Dr. Mario of SSBM into the Mario of SSBB. Just give him more dynamic sweetspots like with his aerial forward A move in the trailer.
You've obviously been reading too much doujinshi hentai or some ****. gtfo my thread D:<

(hehehe, i'm a possessive, elitist little ****er)
Nah, that was a comic in Nintendo Power, I believe.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I got some questions:

1) Ispline, since when did this become YOUR thread?
2) What happened to that guy with a cool name?
3) If Mario is a plumber why doesn't he ever use a plunger or wrench or something?

Stryks

Smash Hero
The rocket launcher (known as an RPG [rocket propelled grenade]) isnt a gun, guns use bullets, unless that giant grenade missile is a bullet then im wrong, last I check grenades are explosives, and sakurai said he hwas gonna use explosives to substitute his guns and his knife... so ur wrong XD...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Oh, jeeze...we've gone over this before.

Gun as in a firearm that resembles something that may be readily available to any ******* little kid playing this game. Showing an almost accurately proportioned human male firing a handgun that a little kid may see everyday or may know where something similar is hidden in their daddy's drawer is bad news. Kids probably don't have access to RPGs and grenades but it is a high enough probability that they could to a pistol.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
The rocket launcher (known as an RPG [rocket propelled grenade]) isnt a gun, guns use bullets, unless that giant grenade missile is a bullet then im wrong, last I check grenades are explosives, and sakurai said he hwas gonna use explosives to substitute his guns and his knife... so ur wrong XD...
In my book once something uses amunition its called a "gun".

Top Bottom