• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Poopy D

Smash Rookie
Bowser's up B is like his main move, thats all hes got, the fortress! The best way to make bowser better is to just take him out of the game;) Or maybe give him a shine.
I guess what I'm saying is tweak the move so that he has a greater chance of getting back to a ledge when he's using it. Remember how ****ty Link's Up + B move was in the first smash when he used it to get back, but in Melee they changed it so it went up in the air more? I hope they give Bowser the same treatment in Brawl

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Toad is right up inbetween Peach's legs... not that it's any worse than your suggestion ;p

Though if anyone's getting a skin-tight suit, it should be Zelda. And I don't mean Sheik, I mean Zelda. What can I say? She's the sexiest from SSBM. (Is there a thread to debate this yet? If not I believe I shall create it).

Riotbooboo

Smash Rookie
Im hoping nobody gets removed... just revamped. Make the sucky characters better and the overpowered ones more balanced. I do here that the ICs and G&W are getting removed though

Critical Mass

Smash Rookie
Im hoping nobody gets removed... just revamped. Make the sucky characters better and the overpowered ones more balanced. I do here that the ICs and G&W are getting removed though
Yea, IC have to be getting removed because of that freeze glitch and if they just fix em' I really do't think there worth it anyways...G&W is useless. :chuckle:

Rash

Smash Ace
Who wants to place bets on Ness's return as a playable character?
I'm going to say that Ness' return is a guarantee. He's a great character from an often overlooked game (Earthbound, which has become more of a niche title than anything). He's also an effective fighter who just happens to have more of a learning curve than some of the others; all the better.

That, and he was from the previous two games. No characters from the previous two games are going to be removed. And, there's no logical way to say otherwise.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yea, IC have to be getting removed because of that freeze glitch and if they just fix em' I really do't think there worth it anyways...G&W is useless. :chuckle:
were did u get dat thing with link goin cazy
We are curently talking about peach fools:newbie: :newbie: .Game n' watch was nintendo's first handheld character,so he will not leav

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Toad is right up inbetween Peach's legs... not that it's any worse than your suggestion ;p

Though if anyone's getting a skin-tight suit, it should be Zelda. And I don't mean Sheik, I mean Zelda. What can I say? She's the sexiest from SSBM. (Is there a thread to debate this yet? If not I believe I shall create it).
I hope there's a skin tight suit cheat in Brawl, AR or otherwise. I'd p00n my friends with Luigi in a skin coloured skin-tight suit. It would be art in motion :laugh: :luigi:

Any one still willingly to comment on Peach for Brawl [as in, whether she should be altered in stats or moveset]?

I'll wait for someone to move to the character in line, which, I believe, is :yoshi:.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
No characters from the previous two games are going to be removed. And, there's no logical way to say otherwise.
auctually, theres no logical way to say that every character from the last 2 games will return.
Sakurai confirmed that not every character will return.
opinion=/=fact

of course, the chances are that only a low number of undeserving characters from melee wont return. i'd presume that the playable's from SSB are all shoe ins. chances are that the minimum will be that pichu and dr mario won't return (and roys chances arent very high either)

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to say that Ness' return is a guarantee. He's a great character from an often overlooked game (Earthbound, which has become more of a niche title than anything). He's also an effective fighter who just happens to have more of a learning curve than some of the others; all the better.

That, and he was from the previous two games. No characters from the previous two games are going to be removed. And, there's no logical way to say otherwise.
Ness was originally going to be replaced by the hero of Mother 3 in Melee, but ended up not happening due to Mother 3 being cancelled (at the time). Now that Mother 3 is actually released, seems rather inevitable to me.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0717/index.html

Rash

Smash Ace
auctually, theres no logical way to say that every character from the last 2 games will return.
Sakurai confirmed that not every character will return.
opinion=/=fact

of course, the chances are that only a low number of undeserving characters from melee wont return. i'd presume that the playable's from SSB are all shoe ins. chances are that the minimum will be that pichu and dr mario won't return (and roys chances arent very high either)
Woops. My bad. I wasn't clear.

I meant that characters included in both games, not one or the other, should not be removed. Essentially, I'm saying that none of the SSB64 roster should ever be replaced in Brawl.

That said, I'm all for Mother 3 character(s) in the game. But I'm not exactly sure if, at this point, Ness should be taken out in order to compensate.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I agree with you on Ness, but it has already been confirmed that some characters from the previous two games will be cutted... I'm not saying this because of Ness, because I want and believe he'll stay.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
When I said that Bowser's upb is 1 of the few moves that stop Peach's turnips, I meant that it's 1 of the few upb's that Peach's turnips can't stop. I know that they are easy to catch and what not. But if your trying to get back to the stage with your upb, there is a high chance that it will just knock you out of your move and kill you. But Bowser's upb just goes right through.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Remember how ****ty Link's Up + B move was in the first smash when he used it to get back, but in Melee they changed it so it went up in the air more?
I remember that very clearly. His third jump was so pathetic. I'm so glad that they changed that move around in Melee as well as giving him another alternative to come back on the stage.....his hookshot.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I hate when if your to close and you use the hookshot it fails.

I like when i play link to "hook punch" as i call it.Just jump in the air and give them a good punch with you hook.

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
My computers slower than Stevan Hawking in a snow storm, so it's taking awhile to load. From what I saw, there is a Yoshi leval (meaning Yoshi has to return) and a Mario Kart leval.

0:37 after 2 minutes, faster than usual.

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... Yoshi was confirmed, I think DK's returning as well since he's been in the first 2 and he has 3 levals in SSBM made after him. Should we skip him and Yoshi, or just Yoshi?

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... Yoshi was confirmed, I think DK's returning as well since he's been in the first 2 and he has 3 levals in SSBM made after him. Should we skip him and Yoshi, or just

Edit: Whoops... posted the same thing twice... ignore this.

Lumpy

Smash Rookie
Honestly the Whole Zelda group should return with the exception of young link G&W should return because he is like the father of gaming; you cant give him the boot; Im okl with Roy and Pichu leaving, Ice Climbers should definately stay because they were a big impact in SSBM, Dr Mario i think opened some eyes also in the previous games but not Mewtwo; there was no point with him.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
AUGH too many nubs. Well, the Peach discussion kind of faultered, but I guess that doesn't matter. I wasn't neccessarily planning on skipping DK and Yoshi... Though I have to ask, doesn't Captain Falcon have the same chances of returning as DK and Yoshi?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
CF probably does have the same odds and :yoshi: and :dk:. Since they were all in the first and second game. I think Nintendo will at least keep the original 8 [or 10, I can't remember how many that one had] that were in SSB.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi has too may of his own games to not be in brawl. anyway Yoshi rules and will never go away his awsomeness is just to great

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I think it'd be awesome if Yoshi got his juice spitting move from SMS. Just the idea of vomitting acid juice on people again gets me excited.

Also, for the sake of the integrity and balance in SSBB, they should just take out Falco, Sheik, Captain Falcon, and Peach.
Just kidding.
Actually, I'm dying to see more redesigns...like if Captain Falcon gets melded between his comic (maybe not so much the comic), GX, and the anime. Any updates to the Ice Climbers or Ness (give him a neck!) or Luigi or...anybody...they're just so pretty...

Wrath`

Smash Master
Has anyone relized we are getting to worried about who is getting cut?I mean when we here cut we're assuming that 3-4 characters are geting cut.All it takes is one character to get to make not all characters will return true.They could just delete dr.mario and keep everbody else and the statmant would still be true.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
C'mon on bro. For the most part, just about every character will return. At least, here's hoping. *Gulp*

I just read the Game Informers's review on Brawl and I got to say what they had to say was so stupid. This really pissed me off!! They are just telling us stuff that we already know & well aware of. I know Sakurai hasn't given anymore information out to the public, but if they had nothing new to give then they should have just kept there dumb mouthes shut! I think they are on some serious drugs or something.

turner

Smash Cadet
You guys do realise that no-one is going to get the boot. Because if they do then thats just going to p*ss off to many people its not worth it. Which is good couse ever character is awsome if used right its just some people have a closed off mind to characters such as pichu ylink etc.

If they do get rid of ylink pichu then they might aswell get rid of dr mario falco ganodorf one of marth or roy you see its just not worth elimanating characters from the roster.

Top Bottom