• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
I really and truely hope that everyone does not return. I hate most of the clones. Of course, I believe it goes without saying that Peach, Bowser, DK, Ness, Yoshi, Luigi, Zelda Jigglypuff and Capt. Falcon are going to return. However, what about the clones and NEW secret characters? Here's a list of which of the clones/unlockables from Melee I think SHOULD return and why:

Ganondorf:

He is my absolute #1 choice for who should MOST definitely return from the last game. Why? Because since Sakurai has announced that some of the clones were being reworked while other were getting the boot everyone knew Ganondrof if probably one of the characters being reworked. Hell, he even had his wrod in Melee, they just probably did not have enoguht time to incorporate it into his moveset, but now, there's time. He should take his Twilight Princess form (as pictured above) and should use his twin swords from Wind Waker as his primary weapon in the game. And of course, Brawl needs as many villians as it can get! The more, the drearier!

Mewtwo:

I think this is really a no-brainer, but many people would argue with me. Mewtwo just NEEDS to be in Brawl. He could be reworked by becoming a little quicker but other than that, I belive he would be good if he stayed relatively the same. The only thing I would suggest for his character would be his "Brawl Move"- He would surround himself in a powerful psychic aura and blast it around himself for massive damage (It's in the picture).

Falco:

Ah yes, Falco. I'm pretty confident he'll be returning so that's good. I mean he's a top-tier for god's sakes and people LOVE him. He has an enormous fanbase. He should look in his Command form (pictured above) with his silver flight jacket and red jumpsuit. He also wears a pair of silver boots. Also, I think Falco will be reworked quite a bit for Brawl. Knowing Sakurai, he'll probably try and focus more on aerial moves (Falco is a bird after all) and I think he might add multiple jumps (like Pit and Metaknight), but we'll see.

Marth:

My final choice and I have nothing to say. Marth needs to come back, end of story. He has the biggest fanbase of any FE character, he's a top-tier and is now loved around the world by many casual and professional Smash Bros. players. End of story, he's coming back, whether you like it or not...

Well that's it for now, this is who I think is going to return. As for who is going to get cut:

Young Link- Hello, Wind Waker Link! Bye, Young Link!
Dr. Mario- Can you say alternate costumes?
Pichu- A clone with no-reworking. Bye-bye.
Roy- Was basically an advertisment, he can go.
Mr. G+W: Melee's joke character, he doesn't need to come back.
Ice Climbers- Pit is now representing the NES so there's no real need for them to come back.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I just say why not keep them all in there. Why worry about taking anyout?im sure the Wii will have good enough specs to handle it. As for Third-Party Characters, id rather see sonic then snake. I mean, snake is more of a modern kind of guy, 'realistic'. As for sonic, hes more 'believable' in the SSB universe cause hes caroonish like everyone else. I dont say "lets take someone out!" i say, "lets keep them all and add more!" has nintendo said that theyre removing people, no. SO then why are people saying it?
this is a pretty stupid reason for u not wanting snake in there. from what i can see link, c.falcon ganondorf and a cuppel other are pretty "realistic" but there still there. so whats rong with snake?

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
I agree with you.But roy needs to stay.Only flame swordsman we've got.

Ice climbers will probably stay.
No, you're right, Ice Climbers will probably stay. But Roy, really? I am 99% sure he will be out. I mean Ike will probably take his place. And technically, if you've ever played a Kirby game, Metakngiht is a flame swordsman.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Was Metaknight really a flame swordsman? That never would have occured to me. Also, representing the importance of Flame Swordsmen is a lame reason for wanting a character IMO. There should be more to it than that.

I read it just fine, and there's nothing to which I need to reply. Devastlian elaborated on what I said perfectly, and you still don't get it?
It would seem not. Some people...

So what exactly do you think Tails could do if he were in Brawl?

but yellow makes it look like u want to make are eyes fall out.
*Our, not are.

Little off topic there....
This thread is off topic more than it is on topic recently...much more.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
:ness: and ICs should stay, they are pretty cool retro characters and ICs are completely original since no other characters have their tag team finese [sp?]

P.S. I just realized I spelt 'agresssive' incorrectly further up, my bad.

You know what happens when I mess up don't you? :ouch:

I really wish that there are no more 3rd party representatives.The ideals and lack of imagination in this topic saddens me..

Knucks over Sonic because he can fight?No...

Has anyone ever played a gamed called Sonic Battle?

And i'm positive that they can create a moveset for sonic with ease...

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
So what exactly do you think Tails could do if he were in Brawl?
I dunno. Propeller flight for B^ (like DK's?) and some tail attacks, but for the most part I have no idea.

I didn't say that he'd be the second Sonic character because I want him to be (though he and Shadow are my two favorite characters); rather, I said that he'd be the second Sonic character because he is the secondary Sonic character, so if two Sonic characters were added, Sonic and Tails would be the two.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ganondorf:

Falco:

Ah yes, Falco. I'm pretty confident he'll be returning so that's good. I mean he's a top-tier for god's sakes and people LOVE him. He has an enormous fanbase. He should look in his Command form (pictured above) with his silver flight jacket and red jumpsuit. He also wears a pair of silver boots. Also, I think Falco will be reworked quite a bit for Brawl. Knowing Sakurai, he'll probably try and focus more on aerial moves (Falco is a bird after all) and I think he might add multiple jumps (like Pit and Metaknight), but we'll see.

Marth:

My final choice and I have nothing to say. Marth needs to come back, end of story. He has the biggest fanbase of any FE character, he's a top-tier and is now loved around the world by many casual and professional Smash Bros. players. End of story, he's coming back, whether you like it or not...

Well that's it for now, this is who I think is going to return. As for who is going to get cut:

Ice Climbers- Pit is now representing the NES so there's no real need for them to come back.
Whoa, that's an awesome picture of Falco from Starfox Command right?

Well, I agree with you on everything except Roy, Game & Watch, & the Ice Climbers. Seeing how that they earned everybody's respect in Melee (well almost everybody) and how tournament competition would be a little altered if they were exiled, I think they have a chance to make the Brawl rosters cut. I'm thinkin they have a 52% chance of making a comeback.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well, one can assume that since they took both of Fox's looks from Command & Assuault & combined them into one look, then when Falco makes the cut that they will do the exact same thing. Let's hope that Falco's outfit doesn't look anything at all with Fox's terrible outfit.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I really wish that there are no more 3rd party representatives.The ideals and lack of imagination in this topic saddens me..

Knucks over Sonic because he can fight?No...

Has anyone ever played a gamed called Sonic Battle?

And i'm positive that they can create a moveset for sonic with ease...
ME ME I have! :estatic: :joyful::bluejump:

Oops I almost forgot to actually postsomething more meaningful :blush: Anyway they could use a lot of moves from Sonic Battle, they would probably work if Sonic makes in Brawl.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hey guys, I have a great idea! Let's make Falco a clone of Snake!!! ♥♥♥

[/sarcasm]
C'mon Isplne, Falco's gonna have similar moves to somebody (coughcoughFoxcoughcough) either way you slice it, not necesarily Snake.

As far as weaponry goes, why not have two people with bazookas or rocket launchers?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
ok if u dont want him to hav the rocket launcher ispline. why not use sum other weapon from assault?. or he cud just not hav a weapon at all. and his brawl special move cud b sumthing like an arwing coming and he jumps into it and start blasting evrywun. sins it a known fact that he is the best arwing pilot there is.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I either want the Rocket Launcher or the Gatling Gun from Assault. Then again, maybe it would be one of those items that you pick up on the ground.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I either want the Rocket Launcher or the Gatling Gun from Assault. Then again, maybe it would be one of those items that you pick up on the ground.
why not just giv him the blaster from assault. and giv it the ability to charge like in the game. that way it wud look difrent form fox's blaster and hav a difrent efect.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Oh okay, I don't see why not, but I don't want him to have the blaster out at all times like Fox.

Hmmm....maybe Wolf can get the Gatling Guns?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Only two posts away shadunex.

If falco had the charge blaster some people would say it imatated samuses charge cannon.We just need the homing launcher.

Cool thought for item.Jet pack from assault.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
On another topic, I would love for Link to have his "Golden Gauntlets" (Ocarina of Time) as a pick up item. I guess it could modify the user's strengh tremendously.

Finally, 1000 posts! Holla!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ganondorf:

He is my absolute #1 choice for who should MOST definitely return from the last game. Why? Because since Sakurai has announced that some of the clones were being reworked while other were getting the boot everyone knew Ganondrof if probably one of the characters being reworked. Hell, he even had his wrod in Melee, they just probably did not have enoguht time to incorporate it into his moveset, but now, there's time. He should take his Twilight Princess form (as pictured above) and should use his twin swords from Wind Waker as his primary weapon in the game. And of course, Brawl needs as many villians as it can get! The more, the drearier!

Mewtwo:

I think this is really a no-brainer, but many people would argue with me. Mewtwo just NEEDS to be in Brawl. He could be reworked by becoming a little quicker but other than that, I belive he would be good if he stayed relatively the same. The only thing I would suggest for his character would be his "Brawl Move"- He would surround himself in a powerful psychic aura and blast it around himself for massive damage (It's in the picture).

Falco:

Marth:

Ganondorf:
Agree this guy deserves a new moveset more than anyone, but he should have the sword of ages, instead of the twin sword he had in WW...

Mewtwo:
Agree, its sad he was so lame in melee, he need to be redone, less lag, more speed, more power and more weight FTW!!

Falco:
Yep agree again, falco deserves a new moveset, he should not be a fast faller, and have a totally diferen moveset from fox, a few similair moves, but thats it...

Marth:
Nope dont agree with this one, yes marth is popular and is top tier, but not only is he broken, but will probably be replaced by Ike, seeing how Ike is freakin popular both here and japan, and seeing how the new FE game for the wii is coming put, they will probably add one character for the game, marth will PROBABLY leave, same with roy, so I wouldnt get ur hopes up...

Y.L.:
Agree

Dr.:
Yep

Pichu:
Yep

Roy:
Cya

GaW:
Maybe he'll make a comeback but doubt it...

ICs:
I too were like u, I tought ICs were not gonna return, but seeing how unique they are, they'll probably return, but just because pit is in, doesnt mean balloon fighter, ICs, mach rider, bubbles, duck hunt dog and others wont be in brawl, sakurai loves retros, so many more retros will make an appearance, im sure of it...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ganondorf:
Agree this guy deserves a new moveset more than anyone, but he should have the sword of ages, instead of the twin sword he had in WW...

Mewtwo:
Agree, its sad he was so lame in melee, he need to be redone, less lag, more speed, more power and more weight FTW!!

Falco:
Yep agree again, falco deserves a new moveset, he should not be a fast faller, and have a totally diferen moveset from fox, a few similair moves, but thats it...
Yes, Yes, & well Yes! I agree with everything you said bro except for some of the stuff that I erased.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I resign from the above topics, mainly because I can't read what the hell MasterGray is trying to say.

(Or I'm not bothering to interpret because I'm lazy and an elitist ;p )

Wrath`

Smash Master
Roy has a chance of staying.

Dont you guys think he's kick azz.

Unless there is another flame swordsman in fire emble we need to stick with roy.

Roy's our boy and the crowd goes wild.

Stryks

Smash Hero
so just because hes a flame swordsman, he deserves to stay? dude we dont NEED a flameswordsmen, the game can continue without him, believe me, roy was an advertisament for FE7, so with that game already released, whats the point of him staying if he was only a advertisament??...

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Ipslne, don't go abandoning us because you have misguided feelings of superiority. Your no better than we are.:p
Hey now, I wouldn't abandon those who leave supported opinions (or at least... supported opinions with clerical ability {which I assume would define the elitism I was earlier poking fun at ;p })OMGBRACKETS.[][]})()}{(}[9][9})[09]0[9)}9[0()}{()}{90][90](}){9)}

No. I am not doing crack. ¬_¬

But really, I had just fallen a few pages behind and got frustrated and lazy :D

Top Bottom