• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Why the crap do so many people want to remove Ness and Jigglypuff? Ness is a classic character from one of the greatest RPGs ever created; Jigglypuff is an iconic Pokemon, seconded only by Pikachu.

Arthvader

Smash Cadet
Of course I'm a big fan of using Ness and i don't want him to be removed, i mean come on, he's an original character in ssb. Ness has to stay on for Brawl and it's future releases

len1

Smash Journeyman
If jiggs leaves i'll be up S**T creek without a paddle

Luigifing roy is a good idea

I dont see it happening for pichu there are better pokemon in every aspect for his character slot (if not a pokemon give it to sonic)

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
If jiggs leaves i'll be up S**T creek without a paddle

Luigifing roy is a good idea

I dont see it happening for pichu there are better pokemon in every aspect for his character slot (if not a pokemon give it to sonic)
Yes, Sonic is definitly a nicer choice.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Intead of sonic I'd rather have shadow,amy or silver.

ON TOPIC:Falco should return.He is popular and all they need to do is make his moves more original or" luigifi" as you guys say it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Luigify, and I believe Falco will have totally new moveset in brawl, and why in the world would u prefer shadow, silver and amy over the original hedhehog Sonic??...

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i personaly wud prefer knuckles over sonic. knuckles can actully fight. and he has more potential for moves. so if they put in sonic and another sonic character it wud most likely b shadow or knuckles. i dont agree with that guy and amy. AMY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
I was under the impression that there wouldn't be any "luigified" characters in brawl, and that luigi would get some moves from Luigi's Mansion, and Mario would get some moves from Super Mario Sunshine, and they wouldn't really have that much in common anymore.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Relax about the pic, guys. I saw this pic back when the Wii was going to be called the Nintendo Revolution, so that's probably why I can't find it on the internet. IT'S OLD.

Maybe I'll be able to scan it sometime.

Wrath`

Smash Master
i personaly wud prefer knuckles over sonic. knuckles can actully fight. and he has more potential for moves. so if they put in sonic and another sonic character it wud most likely b shadow or knuckles. i dont agree with that guy and amy. AMY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy dosnt suck.

And i agree knuckles is better than sonic.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Who the frick is Silver? Some new Sonic character?

Ugh, Sonic has been rotting in its grave ever since Sonic Heroes killed the franchise...

Wrath`

Smash Master
Silver is the newest character in the new sonic game for ps3,x box 360,wii.

Look him up in wikipedia and see why he should be in brawl.(though he will prabaly have no chance,he still kicks azz.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Who the frick is Silver? Some new Sonic character?

Ugh, Sonic has been rotting in its grave ever since Sonic Heroes killed the franchise...
Not to interrupt the important discussion currently in progression, but it would appear that we have a Sonic fan on our hands. If anyone recalls, Brawl is turning into more of a popularity contest than it rightfully should be, so we might as well consider the opinion of a knowledgable Sonic fan with some importance.

Sir/Mame, which Sonic character do YOU think would make a good fighter in Brawl?

I would also like to voice my slightly less important opinion. Sonic first, the next Sonic character should be either Knuckles for his would-be-kickass moveset or Shadow for his importance, assuming he is important.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Silver if you know who he is.Is better than sonic.He's got psychic abilitys and super speed.What else could you ask for?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously, adding a secondary character, and not the primary character of the series is just nonsense, its like we add luig and peach, but not mario, zelda and ganondorf, but not link, Sonic will be in brawl, and no other sonic character wil lget in, there are only 2 slots left, and if we give 1 to konami (Snake) and 2 to sega, it wouldnt be fair to konami...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Shadenexus, I would add that Sonic pwns Mario due to the mezmorizing blur Sonic would create.:grin: In Brawl, though, it's a toss-up.

Stryks, I added the part about Sonic going first as a disclaimer. That way I wouldn't get any annoying messages saying "Why do you want Knuckles over Sonic?"

WroK, I thought Krystal used a Magic Rod. Wouldn't Silver just be Krystal minus ranged weapon?

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Not to interrupt the important discussion currently in progression, but it would appear that we have a Sonic fan on our hands. If anyone recalls, Brawl is turning into more of a popularity contest than it rightfully should be, so we might as well consider the opinion of a knowledgable Sonic fan with some importance.

Sir/Mame, which Sonic character do YOU think would make a good fighter in Brawl?

I would also like to voice my slightly less important opinion. Sonic first, the next Sonic character should be either Knuckles for his would-be-kickass moveset or Shadow for his importance, assuming he is important.
I'm not a Sonic series fan, per se, as I did not really enjoy most of the 2D games in addition to the 3D games Sonic Heroes and beyond; but I was very into Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, especially the GameCube remakes. I never really liked 2D games in general (I don't see what all the fuss is about Super Mario Bros., 2D Zeldas, 2D Sonics, etc.), and the 3D Sonic games have had horrible stories and pretty ugly graphics (the characters' mouths were moved to the sides of their faces, and they looked way too shiny) ever since Heroes.

I don't think any Sonic character, or Snake, or any third-party character for that matter should be in Brawl. Smash is a series based around "Nintendo's All-Stars", not "Most Popular Video Game Characters". However, I would like third-party characters in Brawl, as they would be fun-filled additions.

And in that sense, I would like Sonic as a character in Brawl, albeit my favorite character from the series is Shadow (minus his experiences with guns and other weapons, i.e. the way he was in SA2 and Heroes (which was the sole thing I like about Heroes)). But I think Shadow should not be in Brawl, as there will be only one or two, if any, Sonic series characters, and those characters will be Sonic and, if there are two, Tails.

len1

Smash Journeyman
Why No Snake? the original metal gear game was on the Nes (or was it the 2nd?)
Sonic has had the most games for nintendo consoles (Excluding sega consoles) than any other
And snake had a Gamecube game and Hideo Kojima actually asked Nintendo to put Snake in Melee but Melee was Too far in development to put him in so they threw Snake in the mix this time around

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well GotACoolName, I made a false assumption on the grounds that your avatar is Tails. Mine is Dark Samus, hence the un-waivering support of DS. I actually hadn't thought about including Tails for the sole reason that I could not imagine him fighting. I had tried watching an animated Sonic show, and from what I could see, Knuckles looked like the best fighter and Shadow was the main villain aiding Dr. Eggman or whatever. Also, I used to have a Sonic sidescroller for a Sega Handheld a while back which didn't even think to feature Shadow. All the fuss was about Knuckles as the main villain, so I figured he had earned his rightful place. Tails was with Sonic way before that, though, so I guess maybe he is more deserving? I still can't imagine him fighting.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i hate tails' voice in sonic adventur 2 for the GC. and from what i know. almost evry sonic game had bad camera angles and just wusint very good in general (besides the chaos. they rule :p) but i still think knuckles would b more suited for brawl than tails. and iv herd rumors about klonoa or whatever his name is being in brawl also. can anywun clarify this or prove me rong?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
If I were you, I wouldn't worry to much about that rumor. Find a reliable gaming website to watch and pay attention to new topics started in various sections from the home page. If something new really did come out, chances are you would find a new thread from a reputable user or information on GameFAQS/IGN/Gamespot etc. But whatever you do, don't start a 'French Radio Talk Show v2.0!

Wrath`

Smash Master
I'm not a Sonic series fan, per se, as I did not really enjoy most of the 2D games in addition to the 3D games Sonic Heroes and beyond; but I was very into Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, especially the GameCube remakes. I never really liked 2D games in general (I don't see what all the fuss is about Super Mario Bros., 2D Zeldas, 2D Sonics, etc.), and the 3D Sonic games have had horrible stories and pretty ugly graphics (the characters' mouths were moved to the sides of their faces, and they looked way too shiny) ever since Heroes.

I don't think any Sonic character, or Snake, or any third-party character for that matter should be in Brawl. Smash is a series based around "Nintendo's All-Stars", not "Most Popular Video Game Characters". However, I would like third-party characters in Brawl, as they would be fun-filled additions.

And in that sense, I would like Sonic as a character in Brawl, albeit my favorite character from the series is Shadow (minus his experiences with guns and other weapons, i.e. the way he was in SA2 and Heroes (which was the sole thing I like about Heroes)). But I think Shadow should not be in Brawl, as there will be only one or two, if any, Sonic series characters, and those characters will be Sonic and, if there are two, Tails.
Once a fool always a fool.

Third party characters make the game interesting.

Sonic vs mario.Who would win.*coughfalcocough* most likly sonic.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Once a fool always a fool.
Says another victim of I-can't-read-that-guy's-post-correctly syndrome. Fine. I will emphasize the point that you missed...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
GotACoolName is saying that, while third party characters are awesome and could be enjoyable assets to SSBB as a game in general, SSB has always been "Nintendo's All-Stars" and making "Nintendo's All-Stars and guests" goes against it's pure fanserviceness and more into general video game history fandom. SSB and SSBM were tributes to what made Nintendo what it is today; it's creators, it's artists, it's composers. By opening the door for other companies who have come and gone or who are former enemies turned into friends, this game that served as a sort of reflection into a companies history is now looking at the history of the industry it helped to build and is allowing other companies to take part in patting themselves on the back and bringing everything together in one of the funnest games ever. So, while Snake and the others that come may add to game part of SSBB, they still aren't Nintendo. Snake took part in boosting someone else's console to greatness and Sonic held on to his own for as long as he could but they aren't part of the magic that has held Nintendo fans for so long.

So really, we can find third-party characters elsewhere but Nintendo characters are only on Nintendo systems and, while that might seem obvious, some people are saddened that this exclusive fan club that are the Smash Brothers is now so un-exclusive. And, I guess I sort of went off on a wild tangent on my feelings on the matter and probably didn't even come close to what GotACoolName was trying to say and it probably didn't make any sense at all.

I love MGS and am definately looking forward to playing as Snake. But...he's just not Nintendo.

Oh well.

Astro25

Smash Rookie
I just say why not keep them all in there. Why worry about taking anyout?im sure the Wii will have good enough specs to handle it. As for Third-Party Characters, id rather see sonic then snake. I mean, snake is more of a modern kind of guy, 'realistic'. As for sonic, hes more 'believable' in the SSB universe cause hes caroonish like everyone else. I dont say "lets take someone out!" i say, "lets keep them all and add more!" has nintendo said that theyre removing people, no. SO then why are people saying it?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Actually, that's exactly what I meant. Thank you for that.
Sure.

has nintendo said that theyre removing people,
yes.

Alright, I've been thinking about this for awhile. Let's play a game. Let's assume we're all idiots (some may not have to try too hard) and think that, since we've only seen two characters confirmed so far in SSBB that have the same symbol--IE Kirby and Meta Knight sharing the star symbol--pick one character you want to return that shared a symbol with another of the returning characters in SSBM and say why you pick said character over the others that bore said symbol.

IE I say Ganondorf since I believe that a hero/villain type dealie would be better represented in SSBB than...beating on your woman. I've always like Ganondorf's design, especially his voice, and just believe he fits better in the overall scheme of teh SSBBzorz.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Says another victim of I-can't-read-that-guy's-post-correctly syndrome.

If you cant read my post your* coughillittaritecough*

I think the only preson they are going to throw out is pichu
.Why,because he does damage to himself and hes lost popularity and no one realy uses him.

Top Bottom