• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Stryks

Smash Hero
Skies of arcadia??... No... replace Marth and roy with character from the gba game, PoR, and the new wii game coming out...

Offtopic I know, wanted 2 make that clear...

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
I thought it would be cool if instead of Roy or Marth they put in an Axe or Spear wielding char, maybe a magic guy. Imagine Hector, Boyd, or Soren in smash O.O

Also, what if they made an option to play as your Mii?

Just two thoughts.

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
Being able to play as your mii would be quite interesting.

I also wouldn't mind seeing an axe wielding character or a magician. There are just one too many sword users in Melee.

Yoshi's definitely going to be in Brawl.

Can you give me a reason why he wouldn't?

Yaiba Odoriko

Smash Rookie
Skies of arcadia??... No... replace Marth and roy with character from the gba game, PoR, and the new wii game coming out...

Offtopic I know, wanted 2 make that clear...
I don't know about you, but clones make me sick. I think they could replace them with rami, and add either Hector or Lyn. It's just an idea because Ramirez seems like his fighting style could be very similar to Marth. It's mainly because smash needs fanbases to sell well (well...not anymore, it has it's own fan baseses.) and Roy/Marth had almost none before Melee.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
ok i noticed that nobody listened to my post about not making ut posts into stories. so im gonna let that die. u think its even alowed by nintendo to have a smash game WITHOUT MARIO?

J-Red

Smash Cadet
What the heck, I didn't even mention Snake.
Roy and Marth both have low potential if you go by the games, because they have like 5-6 attacks, and many of them are similar. All they can do is sword stuff, and Counter. Going by SMASH, however, Marth has more potential, being a better character. Being a better character= more popularity= more chance for Brawl. Think about it. Would Peach and Jiggz be that popular if they weren't above average tiered? And how many people would want to play ICs without their crazy chaingrabbing? Better characters do have a higher chance for Brawl because they are more popular, which is a huge factor. Roy is not only a bad character, he is a clone. The better clones, like Falco or Gdorf, have good playstyles on their own, despite being clones. Roy has an individual playstye from Marth, true, but... it's really bad.
Just because some characters will be redone does not mean Melee performance is irrelevant. It is, due to popularity and the fact that who knows which or how much characters will be changed.

Just because a character wasn't popular to smashers here doesnt mean they arent popular to the millions of little kids who actually play this game for fun rather than sport. I remember back in the day before I was competetive when everyone worshipped Roy rather than Marth simply bc he looked cooler. The designers aren't making this game strictly for nerds like us.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
You know I dont see why you guys dont think Nintendo just cant keep all the characters from the original and all the characters from melee. I could see them redoing the moves of the clones (AT LEAST their special moves), or maybe even all of their moves, but if Nintendo just kept every single character, they could keep all the fans happy.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
It's not that they can't. It's that they won't. Instead of just *********ting around and releasing some halfassed SSBM: And Then Some they are looking to make a game that's better and more polished than SSBM. If some random, extra characters they managed to slip in last time at the last minute that only a minority of a minority of the prequel's fans enjoyed get cut from this new game to make the game better and more balanced then, Goddammit, cut away Nintendo.

Wrath`

Smash Master
You know I dont see why you guys dont think Nintendo just cant keep all the characters from the original and all the characters from melee. I could see them redoing the moves of the clones (AT LEAST their special moves), or maybe even all of their moves, but if Nintendo just kept every single character, they could keep all the fans happy.
I think thats what it should be.They kept all the ssb charecters in ssbm,so why cant they do the same.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
If it was upto me, I'd keep all the characters from previous games and just declonize them. It would be a most awesome suprise if it turned out that they are keeping all the characters (although it has been "said" they aren't) for Brawl.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
If it was upto me, I'd keep all the characters from previous games and just declonize them. It would be a most awesome suprise if it turned out that they are keeping all the characters (although it has been "said" they aren't) for Brawl.
too bad its not up to u. but its up to the dude named sakurai.

len1

Smash Journeyman
hopefully the solid clones like Roy Dr mario (even though hes my 3rd char) and pichu get cut

Falco and Ganon have different play styles to their faster moveset sharers so they should stay....maybe change their move sets a bit

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
hopefully the solid clones like Roy Dr mario (even though hes my 3rd char) and pichu get cut

Falco and Ganon have different play styles to their faster moveset sharers so they should stay....maybe change their move sets a bit
If Ganon does come back, then he better have that BMFS (Big-Mother-****ing-Sword) that they teased us with (even though I don't play him, i think it would be cool).

If everyone came back then, yes, all the fans would be happy, but Nintendo is trying to reach even farther to create an even huger fan-base for the game. How many MGS (Metal Gear Solid for all you OMG I DONT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT 'enter game here' fans out there) fans do you think are saying "OMG... Snake... Must buy..." well, wheather you admit it or not they're out there, and Nintendo knows it, they know that all of you are going to buy the game regardless (don't lye we all know you are, otherwise you wouldn't be here), and they want to get more people to buy the game, and what's the best way to do that? MORE CHARATERS that people want to play as//are diehard fans of. And if Nintendo has to cut some charaters to put those in, then they'll do it, and are smart for it.

That's my theory on why Nintendo is doing the smart thing (buisiness-wise, and they are a buisiness).

Discuss if you want :)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
What is it with the lack of love for Mr. Game & Watch? He was such an awesome character. Why would they axe him?

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
In my opinion every one needs to come back except for Game & Watch, Pichu an thats it. Everyone wants Roy gone, but Roy owns too **** much.
Considering that G&W has his own move set, I see no need to remove him, I don't think Nintendo has anything to lose by putting him in. His simple design has to be the easiest to animate, all he really needs is a couple of buffs on his moves, which all-in-all, fit the char perfectly. Pichu, yes I see him going, Nintendo seems to have heard our call for "No more clones" and Pichu isn't really that popular a charater, I don't think there is anyway that Nintendo will put time into changing him/her moves so that they differ from Pikachu's. Sadly, I feel that Roy falls in that same basket, but we'll have to see, he has greater popularity than a lot of the clones (only second to Falco and Ganondorf, and right above doc imo). I really don't think if he does get in he'll have luigified moves, I don't even think Luigi will... I be he'll have moves from Luigi's mansion in place of some Mario originating moves. Only other thing I have to say, is we'll just have to wait and see, I'm just trying to make the best educated guesses I can by putting myself in Nintendo's shoes.

sin_the_warrior

Smash Rookie
according to a friend who has a confirmed character list he got from a family member inside nintendo, Marth is in, Roy is out but they are instead putting in Ike. Mario is back(DUH! it wouldnt be a nintendo game otherwise) also Samus is back and for all you pkmn fans Pikachu is back, along with newcomers Blaziken and Deoxys

If i am being lied to i am going to kill because i have a reputation of getting info before everyone else i will post back when i know more and if i can get the full list offa my friend

Smash On!

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
i knew roy was going to get cut, but at least they replaced him with ike. Deoxys and blaziken? that would be neat to see.

hope this stuff is true

Wrath`

Smash Master
according to a friend who has a confirmed character list he got from a family member inside nintendo, Marth is in, Roy is out but they are instead putting in Ike. Mario is back(DUH! it wouldnt be a nintendo game otherwise) also Samus is back and for all you pkmn fans Pikachu is back, along with newcomers Blaziken and Deoxys

If i am being lied to i am going to kill because i have a reputation of getting info before everyone else i will post back when i know more and if i can get the full list offa my friend

Smash On!
OK what about falco? Wich form of deoxys? Roy cut?He's my best swordsman

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
New info... Let me get my serious face on :lick: wait, that's not it... :dizzy: one more try...:smoke: k there we go. So (considering your facts are for real) we are getting two more Pokemon? Is this as playable characters or as new items? Not surprized on the Roy part, and Marth did have a bigger fanbase, but do you have any idea if thier move sets will differ? Two Anime-like-sword-guys = similar.

I know you probably don't know much more, I'm just trying to get all the info out of you that I can :)

Stryks

Smash Hero
@ sin_the_warrior:
Dude the uncle of the mother, of the girl whose boyfriend's dad of the cousin of my friend says Shadow is in brawl!!11!1 OMG RLY WTF?? rly is da tru...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Smash On!
I think your friend is lying. Seriously, Nintendo isn't watching over the development of the game, only Sakurai (I think). Therefore only Sakurai and his team know who's in or not. Even if I was wrong, I doubt Nintendo would reveal this information to other people working for them that's not even part of the development of the game.

Mario, Pikachu, and Samus had been revealed long ago anyways, and I doubt Blaziken and Deoxys will show up as playable characters together.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I don't see why they don't want to leave all the original characters in Brawl. They could at least either make the character frames smaller on the selection screen, or make two pages, or maybe even a scroll bar. Just because they're putting better and more popular characters in doesn't mean they have to replace the others. Even better, like everyone else has said, they could get new movesets for the clones.

Oh well.

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
to me new movsets for the clones would be the best solution for this situation. i know everyone is saying it would be really hard for them to make a different moveset for roy, but if you really think about it, it isn't. there are so many different types of swords styles and techniques that the possibilites should be endless. thats my opinion about this

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
i hope so, but the odds are slim due to the fact that there are so many new characters to pick from. like for example lyn, hector, ike. Even these three chars have a better chance tham roy and marth because they are more up to date characters. I can say marth has a higher chance since he is more popular than roy, but there are still fans out there that really wants roy to stay. i know i do:( .

Shieldkrusher

Smash Cadet
I hope Roy returns, he is my favorite character, and I don't care if he is "Low Tier" With Roy, I have literally destroyed very good players who use "Higher/Top Tier" characters like Fox and Falco or Sheik.

Plus Roy's Double-Edge Dance combos are wicked:)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Some tiers have to be wrong because roy isn't low tier quality.They say he is just because his sword play is slower than marths.

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
yeah ive beaten people who played high tier characters, like fox, falco, and marths aswell. although not all of them were skilled some of them actully were like this guy i played named xion. his marth was pretty good from my prespective, and it didn't really take much to beat him.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Roy's probably in low tier just because you dont see many of the top players playing with him. At least none that ive seen.

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Sorry to sound a little mean, but it doesn't really matter what you've done with roy, but how he does generally in tournaments as far as the tier system goes. I mean, I main Ness and I've beaten top tier chars facing people of the approximate same skill as I... I'm sure Gimpyfish (just throwing our the only good Bowzer player I know) would aggree he has too with his Boozer. Besides, this isn't a tier discussion thread, the tier system should have NOTHING to do with the people returning, as Sakurai (did I spell that right?) said, he is aiming for balance this time around. I'm guessing this means no more shine comboing?

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
Whoa whoa... you guys dont know what low tier or high tier mean do you ? Ill fill you in. High or low tier means the amount of tournaments people have one won with that specfic character. Its not based on how good or bad a character is. ALOT of people still remain oblivious to that fact.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
No buddy i dont think you know what high or low tier is. Hear this

TIER PROVING LIST FOR SSBM

1. TIERS ARE BASED UPON FACTS AND STRATEGIES: Tiers are based on statistics and strategies, along with Tournament results. Marth is very fast in attack speed and running speed, has insane range and priority, and is very strong with the tip of his sword. Mr. Game and Watch is slow in attack speed, fairly weak, average running speed, and is very light. Therefore Marth > Mr. Game and Watch. Strategies and combos are also taken into account. Fox has an infinite combo. Bowser has nearly no combos or strategies and of those few they are very short. Therefore Fox is better than Bowser. Luigi becomes MUCH better with wave dashing. Jigglypuff is a mediocre character without the wall of pain. The discovery of new strategies is one of the main reasons why the tier list changes at all. Also note that some lower characters counter other higher characters slightly. But in the big picture, the higher the tiered characters, the more people it does well against.

(http://www.freewebs.com/xiffer/tiers.html)

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
...?

Whatever. Um yeah, I hope that Ganonloaf returns, because he's cool. Hopefully, since they have more time now with Melee characters, mabye they can de-clone him and make him use some sword/energy ball moves.

I really don't see any reasoning behind why anybody would want to actually TAKE OUT a character, I mean, it's not like a character could do any wrong just by being there, and if you don't like em, then don't use em. But anyways

G&W for brawl!

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
No buddy i dont think you know what high or low tier is. Hear this

TIER PROVING LIST FOR SSBM

1. TIERS ARE BASED UPON FACTS AND STRATEGIES: Tiers are based on statistics and strategies, along with Tournament results. Marth is very fast in attack speed and running speed, has insane range and priority, and is very strong with the tip of his sword. Mr. Game and Watch is slow in attack speed, fairly weak, average running speed, and is very light. Therefore Marth > Mr. Game and Watch. Strategies and combos are also taken into account. Fox has an infinite combo. Bowser has nearly no combos or strategies and of those few they are very short. Therefore Fox is better than Bowser. Luigi becomes MUCH better with wave dashing. Jigglypuff is a mediocre character without the wall of pain. The discovery of new strategies is one of the main reasons why the tier list changes at all. Also note that some lower characters counter other higher characters slightly. But in the big picture, the higher the tiered characters, the more people it does well against.

(http://www.freewebs.com/xiffer/tiers.html)
Okay.... its based on facts and strategies ? Ok now carefully look at my post. Did I post anywhere that it wasnt ? And if you think that what its mostly about... then you wrong. 90% about tournament results. 10% Other. Read the first 13 post of this. >.> And it will prove you wrong, Character poteniol matters. I respect your opinon n all just going by whats posted here.

Top Bottom