• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Seriously, why bother posting in this topic if you're going off topic? If you're going to argue with someone, do it over private messaging. If you're going to talk about something else, make a new topic somewhere else. If this topic did get old and boring, let it die.

Anyways, I want Pichu to return along with Mewtwo. I can't be bothered listing a whole bunch of reasons why they should stay XP.

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^ Tough some of his attacks had too much lag, in both starting the attack, and when the attack finishes... better stats + less lag = Uber pwnage Mewtwo...

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
mewtwo was a really awesome addition and needs to stay... he just needs to stop sucking...

i really dont care if pichu is out... as much as i love him...

doc can go too...

everyone else needs to stay...

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i only gonna giv my opinion on the clones.
Falco MOST stay.
Doc can go.
Roy can go.
Ganon shud stay.
Pichu MOST go.
Y.Link can stay

sum people that need to b redun:
Mewtwo
Ganon
Falco
Young Link

those are just the clones that i see potential in

T-major

Smash Champion
Falco MOST stay.
Doc can go.
Roy can go.
Ganon shud stay.
Pichu MOST go.
Y.Link can stay

Mewtwo
Ganon
Falco
Young Link

why the hell does every think Falco is so deserving? seriously, the only reason I've ever heard is "he's my main, so he should stay". which is just friggin' stupid! I wan't falco supporters to give me a solid reason as to why he's deserving enough to be in, in terms of what he's done for the StarFox games.

sorry for getting pissed off like that, but peoples lack of common sense angers me.

also, how the hell can you not see potential Roy!?

Zink

Smash Champion
Roy= Marth rip off to advertise his game. I see no potential.
Falco is the second most popular Starfox character in the series. He's the logical choice for the #2 Starfox rep.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
why the hell does every think Falco is so deserving? seriously, the only reason I've ever heard is "he's my main, so he should stay". which is just friggin' stupid! I wan't falco supporters to give me a solid reason as to why he's deserving enough to be in, in terms of what he's done for the StarFox games.

sorry for getting pissed off like that, but peoples lack of common sense angers me.

also, how the hell can you not see potential Roy!?
1 reason is. falco is my main but that doesint realy count.and he is the coolest character in the star fox series. and he's a falcon. who doesint think that falcons are cool?

T-major

Smash Champion
Roy= Marth rip off to advertise his game. I see no potential.
Falco is the second most popular Starfox character in the series. He's the logical choice for the #2 Starfox rep.
no potential my @$$! you've obviously never played FE6. because if you had. you would know that Roy uses a two handed sword thats pretty much the same size as him (which Marth dosn't use) has a ranged attack in the form of a firey explosion (which Marth also dosn't have), and a compleatly different personality from Marth. he's not even close to being a rip off of Marth. do some reaserch first...

and what the hell does popularity accomplish in terms of the StarFox games? Falco has left like, 9 times thought out the series. which proves that the game can get a long just fine without him. the only thing he has going for him is popularity, but since he isn't deserving in any way he shouldn't be in. also, the logical choice for a second StarFox rep would be the main villian, not the second most popular character...

MasterGary said:
1 reason is. falco is my main but that doesint realy count.and he is the coolest character in the star fox series. and he's a falcon. who doesint think that falcons are cool?
I hate Falcons. I hate every kind of bird. since when has "every body like falcons" been a fact? since when has Falco been stated to be "the coolest character in Starfox"? your just taking your opinions and labeling them as facts. which dosn't count for anything.

still waiting for a reason.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Falco MOST stay.
Doc can go.
Roy can go.
Ganon shud stay.
Pichu MOST go.
Y.Link can stay

Mewtwo
Ganon
Falco
Young Link

Roy should stay and falco shouldnt be redone that :lick: much

Zink

Smash Champion
Woohoo, Roy has a big sword that explodes with fire, sounds like a good B-move... oh wait...
He was put in to advertise his game. If they'd been serious, they would have dedicated more time and effort to him and given him a real moveset.
And your Falco logic is silly. How are you going to put in a giant brain? Popularity does play a huge part in who makes it- if people see someone they like, they'll buy the game. Lots of Starfox fans like Falco. He's also fun and good in Smash. Roy is one of the worst.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Woohoo, Roy has a big sword that explodes with fire, sounds like a good B-move... oh wait...
He was put in to advertise his game. If they'd been serious, they would have dedicated more time and effort to him and given him a real moveset.
And your Falco logic is silly. How are you going to put in a giant brain? Popularity does play a huge part in who makes it- if people see someone they like, they'll buy the game. Lots of Starfox fans like Falco. He's also fun and good in Smash. Roy is one of the worst.
Broken logic. Melee was rushed. You can't say that they just didn't care about him therefore he became a sub-par clone. Hell, that's what happened with Gannondorf. I agree that Roy isn't returning since he wasn't even a super-special character anyway, but I still think he deserves another shot.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
still waiting for a reason.
Wow T, you're either being very *****y or have obtained a new level of annoyedness the likes of which has never been seen.;)

A reason to include Falco, you say? Well, every hero needs their sidekick to get them through hard times. The reason the hero always succedes is due to the undying support of their partner. DuH, in real life it's the players skill, but think about it. That sidekick is part of the game.

Falco is a crazy cool character. Nintendo obviously did a good job of presenting Falco to the player. I have had several people tell me that they would much rather play as Falco than Fox in Starfox. If they like Falco better, couldn't that be considered as Falco being their favorite? Granted, I havn't asked for public opinion on the internet, but I'm sure that there are plenty more people like my friends in the world who were very happy that Falco was put into Melee after they got accustomed to seeing only Fox. If Falco has fans because several people like him better than Fox, plus he was already fully designed in Melee, why cut him out of Brawl?

Falco's personality(sorry this argument came up again, but it does help me make my points:)) makes him more likeable to a certain percentage of gamers. Given this and the fact that Falco is necessary for the storyline of Starfox, I see no logical reason to exclude him from the final Brawl roster.

[Caution:OffTopic]Also, I know everyone says that this is not a popularity contest, but here is the truth. From an online survey off a Myspace Smash group, this poll from over 3600 responses asked Smashers who their favorite character was...*cough*pichu was the lowest besides Crazy Hand(AR)*cough*. Just in case anyone is looking for numbers to back up their argument.

T-major

Smash Champion
He's also fun and good in Smash. Roy is one of the worst.
*sigh* looks like I'm going to have to explain this again... *ahem*... MELEE PERFORMANCE DOSN'T MATTER!!! I don't know how many times I've said this. it should be common sense, seeing as Sakurai even officaly said that they would be redoing characters. you can't say "Roy was bad in Melee, so he would be bad in Brawl" well guess what. your wrong! if Roy gets in Brawl (which he should), he will be better then he was in Melee. and he will be original, because he isn't anything close to Marth in his game. you can tell by watching these videos:

Marth's attacks in FE3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC_qrOJRTP8

Roy's attacks in FE6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei0V5QVuSfI

as you can cleary see, they fight completly differently. now you can't say "Roy has no potentail" because that clearly a load of crap.

Stryks

Smash Hero
still dude take the fact that roy was just in melee to promote FE7 (fe7 rite??), yes he is awesome, his attacks are more interesting, yet after PoR and the other fe game on the gba (forgot name), arrived here, many prefer Ike, the black knight, lyn, hector, and these character have a good shot, with th epopularity and all, im not sayin just because theyre popular they'll be in brawl, im sayin it has to be taken noticed, anyway, theres a new FE game comin for the wii, who knows it might actually be more popular than other FE games, to me, what sakurai may do, is add 6 FE characters, 2 from the GBA game, 2 from PoR, and 2 from the upcoming game, and my pics IMO should be, lyn, hector, ike, BK, and the guy and girl with white hair that appear in a really short FE trailer of the upcoming game, those ar emy pics IMO... it seems more reasonable, that way every game that arrived in america (these games obviously appeard in japan, so that represents both parts of the world) would be represented...

and now to falco... why he should stay? Why shouldnt he? the SF series has few characters that would work in brawl, slippy and peppy are just not fighters, so I gotta say fox, falco, wolf and krystal, im sure more than half of the boards will agree with me here... why u ask? lets look at each character:

Fox: hes already confirmed so nothin I say will change that, hes the main character and has to be in brawl... which he is...
Falco: He was a clone in melee yes, but this guy is the 2nd most popular of the SF team, (maybe 3rd thanx to krystal, still..) many, like rhyme said, would prefer to use falco for his attitude and behaviour in SF, and shes right I agree with her, me being one of them, in sf64, and in SF assault, i prefered to use falco over fox anytime i could, hell i wanted to main falco in melee, but my bud saber got to him 1st, and I wouldnt like for us to use the same character, would look like I copied him... anyway the guy is popular, and u must take that in consideration, either if ur some average player, or sakurai himself... many were upset that falco was a clone, myself included, and how he was a fast faller, being a bird and all (wtf with that anyway?), falco must return with a new moveset, so he can make up from melee, every point that rhyme gave about falco, hes the sidekick, SF best pilot, and has a good attitude, not to mention being fox's best friend (IMO), sure these arent well argument points, but of all the clones, I believe ganondorf and falco will return, call it a hunch, meh, im sure he'll be back...
Wolf: SF... no EVERY series need a villain, that includes smash, we need more villains, and wolf is the way to go, not just some "evil fox" character, this guy is a mercyless pilot, and has the attitude to cover it, bowserlick says andross, well i gotta say no, many want wolf, being the best villain candidate from the sf series, this guy can have a unique moveset, if the game developers put their minds to it, not to mention being incredibly popular...
krystal: pretty much the same argument above, tough instad of villains, females... we need more female character, and krystal is one of the best candidates, with her staff, shell have the most unique moveset of the SF team, thus im hopin she wont have the ugly DS krystal look...

there u have it, the wolf and krystal thing seemed pointless and offtopic... just wanted to make things clear...

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I want to contribute something intelligent to this whole argument... but chances are, it'll be me, Rhyme and T going at it after some new guy gives the same opinion the last one did.

Can't we just get along or something? Get a little YL-Falco action goin on? ;p

K, yeah that sounded awful. How about whoever posts after me gives a GOOD explaination of why they want a character to go (I could care less who you want to stay... imo everyone should stay just to give more variety).

So far all I've heard is (and I'm going to paraphrase):

a) They suck.

b) They are bad.

c) They are clones.

d) They aren't popular.

e) I don't play them.

Anyone want to give me something that involves actual reason?! (Other than Rhyme and T... you guys give me plenty of **** to read ^.^ Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it, but two people can't hold this thread up on their own).

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Fine, I'll say Doctor Mario should go. The only thing he can contribute to the game is his theme song, throwing pills, and somehow using the viruses. I don't see why he would be using viruses as an attack if they were his enemy in the puzzle game. It would be difficult to come up with a very good yet original moveset that sets him apart from Mario.

I'll admit he doesn't suck in Melee and he's quite popular. I played him on several occasions and his moves do act kind of different. However, they could implement his positive sides in Mario in Brawl.

The best he could contribute would probably be an alternate costume and if possible, make his attacks look somewhat different if he is wearing that costume while still not being separate characters. It would be a lot more difficult to give an entirely different moveset compared to Pichu, who could use attacks he could learn as egg moves or TMs from the Pokémon games.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
So, in short, you suggest a sort of assimilation with Mario's character when he dons a certain outfit?

As much as I hate to see change from the Melee I've grown to love, I can agree with that. For a while I've been thinking, "The more characters, the better." However, with Doc I can see how he has very little originalty going for him.

If they could do as you suggested, I would be okay with that. Doc is slightly different, and as long as he's there, and Brawl will have the capacity for him, I don't see why he should go entirely.

Anyone else feel like giving a nice thought-out responce? (or another character opinion from MEWTWOMASTER until we find something to argue about? I do enjoy looking for a good fight ;p )

Edit: Or Rhyme? Not T though. You seem like an angry person :(

Wrath`

Smash Master
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Falco will always be better than snake.

Zink

Smash Champion
What the heck, I didn't even mention Snake.
Roy and Marth both have low potential if you go by the games, because they have like 5-6 attacks, and many of them are similar. All they can do is sword stuff, and Counter. Going by SMASH, however, Marth has more potential, being a better character. Being a better character= more popularity= more chance for Brawl. Think about it. Would Peach and Jiggz be that popular if they weren't above average tiered? And how many people would want to play ICs without their crazy chaingrabbing? Better characters do have a higher chance for Brawl because they are more popular, which is a huge factor. Roy is not only a bad character, he is a clone. The better clones, like Falco or Gdorf, have good playstyles on their own, despite being clones. Roy has an individual playstye from Marth, true, but... it's really bad.
Just because some characters will be redone does not mean Melee performance is irrelevant. It is, due to popularity and the fact that who knows which or how much characters will be changed.

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
roy may be a bad character ( IF NOT PLAYED WELL ) but i think he still may have his potential for coming back. Acourse we all know marth is a better character and is more popular, but i still say he has his chances becuase thier are fans out there.

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
roy may be a bad character ( IF NOT PLAYED WELL ) but i think he still may have his potential for coming back. Acourse we all know marth is a better character and is more popular, but i still say he has his chances becuase thier are fans out there.
How mad would you be if they just replaced him with a character you liked from the same series, I was really mad when some people said Ness might hit the bucket at first, but then I thought of the awsomeness that would persue if Poo made it in the game (as long as you don't dwell on his name), I still hope Ness gets in, and I think he will, since he was in both the others, but if they replaced him with a different Earthbound char, then I wouldn't think twice about it... But that could be just me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People just pleaaase stop talking about how good a character is, we have the Melee Discussion for that. If they would be cutting the bad characters, we wouldn't see DK, Samus, or Link in Melee. I can almost gurantee you that Bowser is gonna return, and wasn't Kirby already confirmed in the first Brawl trailer?

So please stop saying that Mewtwo will be cutted because he's the worst character in Melee... Same goes for the Ice Climbers, but they're actually good in Melee... O_O; Both characters are very unique, especially the Ice Climbers.

And to tell you guys something funny, I really hope and expect Sheik to be cutted. Don't fear though because we already have a confirmed possible replacement: Zero Suit Samus! The main reason I think she'll be replaced is because of her absence in Twilight Princess, but there are more reasons... I'm just too lazy to post them atm. :)

Yaiba Odoriko

Smash Rookie
I think that Marth or Roy could easily be replaced by Ramirez from Skies of Arcadia. Past Samsh, those two really have no fan base in the states besides people who get FE games internationally.

Zink

Smash Champion
Diddy K., Melee ability is not the sole reason for returning. Simply that Melee ability leads to popularity which leads to returning.

Top Bottom