• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
I think CF's comeback is almost a certainty. If you check out Sakurai's site and the Samurai Goroh AT, you'll see Falcon's insignia.

I'm not assuming anything, but I think those insignia are almost hints for upcoming characers...maybe. There's the Animal Crossing one. It could possibly be hinting at a character from the franchise, but it could also be there simply because of the level.

And what could the symbol for Pictochat possibly be hinting at? Hm...

Sorry for going off-topic for a brief second. Basically, I think Falcon is probably going to make it back, and that insignia might be the reassurance fans are looking for.:)

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
I think CF's comeback is almost a certainty. If you check out Sakurai's site and the Samurai Goroh AT, you'll see Falcon's insignia.

I'm not assuming anything, but I think those insignia are almost hints for upcoming characers...maybe. There's the Animal Crossing one. It could possibly be hinting at a character from the franchise, but it could also be there simply because of the level.

And what could the symbol for Pictochat possibly be hinting at? Hm...

Sorry for going off-topic for a brief second. Basically, I think Falcon is probably going to make it back, and that insignia might be the reassurance fans are looking for.:)
the thing id samauri gora was one of the first updates way way back when and we havent seen or heard anything of capt falcon since then. Although the f-zero racer trophy in todays update reassured me once again.

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
Luigi and Falco i think must return and i really dont care if they come back with the same moveset because i know of alot of people who would like them to stay like that, even though Luigi is probably getting the vaccum but that should be it...

As for Ganon, he should come back with a new moveset, TP or something.....

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Or..., Knowing what update Sakurai is going to give next is like knowing where Waldo is.
But. . . I do know where Waldo is.

Am I a prophet?

The update tonight shall be. . . LUIGI'S MANSION STAGE.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
If everyone knows Captain Falcon will be in, why do you say he'll be a big update? It's like the SSE trailer last week ya'll were complaining that it was full of stuff we've already seen.

Cerulean_Charizard

Smash Cadet
The only two definately gone at the moment it seems are Pichu and Dr Mario, but I don't think Mewtwo will get cut out.

Sheik and Ness getting in over Mewtwo? I don't see that happening. There's still a possibility of all of them returning, but Mewtwo will get in before them, at least, I hope.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
The only ones who are real shoes out are Dr. Mario and Pichu.

Characters such as Falco, Sheik, Young Link, Roy and Jigglypuff are debatable of their return.

...In my oppinion, the ones who must return are: Ganondorf, Luigi, C. Falcon, Marth, Mewtwo, Game and Watch... Did I forgot anyone? (BTW, yes, I did not add Jigs to the "must return")

S.h.c.o.t.t.Y.1.0.8

Smash Cadet
if they were to bring back ness, he would have to have a complete move list change. For me, pichu, mr. G&W, Doctor mario, roy and jigglypuff should go. I'd keep a hold of falco as fox is the only starfox character in the game so far

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
if they were to bring back ness, he would have to have a complete move list change. For me, pichu, mr. G&W, Doctor mario, roy and jigglypuff should go. I'd keep a hold of falco as fox is the only starfox character in the game so far
I hate people who want characters with original movesets out. It doesn't make any sense to me.

S.h.c.o.t.t.Y.1.0.8

Smash Cadet
only reason im saying that ness would have to change is because sakurai said he didnt want 'clone characters', and lucas has already taken his move list. and anyway ness was rubbish so he should get kicked off the roster

Infinite Krullen

Smash Journeyman
Why do people like lucario that much, mewtwo would pwn his *** anywhere anytime.
So I think that M2 and Ganondorf will return and that mewtwo would be stronger and Ganon will not be a clone anymore :D, hew would have a ginormous sword from TP :D

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Ness has taken huge blows, Pichu and Dr. Mario are on death row.
Death row? I thought Pichu already got the chair for crimes against humanity?

I hate people who want characters with original movesets out. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Agreed, unless there is a more deserving recipient of their moveset. However, I can't think of a good example of that, so just agreed.

Regarding that whole rumor, I've yet to see any hard evidence that this individual actually predicted anything, since nobody can seem to find the original post where the prediction was actually made. Thus, we are forced to rely on someone's word that the 'prophet' (as they are calling him/her) said something before it happened.

Honestly, the whole Wolf issue is enough to make me question things. I find it very difficult to believe Wolf would get in over Krystal, and I find it equally hard to believe that Star Fox would get four representatives when several popular franchises are stuck in the 1-2 range.

However, my skepticism would be somewhat curbed if I were to find out that Wolf was meant as a Boss rather than a PC, which I suppose is entirely possible.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Replacing Mewtwo with Lucario is like replacing Marth with Ike. You'd be replacing the character with another character that is completely different o.o; And besides, Mewtwo will get in before Lucario anyday. Not only does Sakurai seem to go for First Generation pokemon, he's way more popular and known than Lucario.

But I still support Lucario, he'd be an awesome newcomer XD

Wrath`

Smash Master
Why do people think if Lucario got in, he would replace Mewtwo?! :mad:
I like mewtwo much better thatn lucario, but PT to me killed there being more than 4 reps with this 3-in-1 rep, so if lucario were to get in, being the movie pokemon he would replace the other movie pokemon.

but m2>lucario

N!co

Smash Rookie
Pichu was a smart character to add to the list for Melee but i think Brawl doesn't need him. He is an exact clone which is just going to take up another valuable character seat.

As for Lucario, If we don't see him as a Pokeball soon, I would personally confirm him in the character list.
But I think they should return every other Pokemon because they were all unique. As much as the majority of Smashers hate Jigglypuff, he is needed. The move set of Jigglypuff is very different to the rest of the characters.

One question though, Sonic is in Brawl and we could basically say hes a cross between Fox, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff. Would this make Jigglypuff an endangered species?

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
here is the most likely characters to come back!!

- Ganondorf (100%)
- Shiek (99%)
- Luigi (100%)
- Falco (50%)
- Mewtwo (70%)
- Mr. Games And Watch (30%)
- Ness (50%)
- Young Link (0%)
- Captain Falcon (99%)
- Pichu (25%)

the rest are in Brawl or are not going to BE IN BRAWL!!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Lol how you come up with this? On what do you base that sonic is a cross?
Sonic is floaty with a big back air, with Falcon land speed and...Fox? Don't know how that fits in. Maybe a G&W recovery haha

It's tough indeed. I don't know how pokemon could possibly have more Playable Reps than Mario, but lucario really would fit in well. I hope things work out so all the pokemon minus pichu are in :-P i don't mind losing jigs though.
YOU *******! haha jk
pichu has ben replaced with PT. The rest will stay because they are unique.

Pichu was a smart character to add to the list for Melee but i think Brawl doesn't need him. He is an exact clone which is just going to take up another valuable character seat.

As for Lucario, If we don't see him as a Pokeball soon, I would personally confirm him in the character list.
But I think they should return every other Pokemon because they were all unique. As much as the majority of Smashers hate Jigglypuff, he is needed. The move set of Jigglypuff is very different to the rest of the characters.

One question though, Sonic is in Brawl and we could basically say hes a cross between Fox, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff. Would this make Jigglypuff an endangered species?
Jiggs isn't endangered, Falcon should be endangered too then right? ;) Pichu is in Brawl...he stored his soul in the goggles and gave Pikachu his remaining strength (which wasn't enough to make Pika broken because Pichu nearly killed himself *facepalm*)

here is the most likely characters to come back!!

- Ganondorf (100%)
- Shiek (50%)
- Luigi (100%)
- Falco (75%)
- Mewtwo (100%)
- Mr. Games And Watch (100%)
- Ness (25%)
- Young Link (75%)
- Captain Falcon (100%)
- Pichu (0%)
- Marth (100%)
- Jiggs (100%)
- Roy (0%)
the rest are in Brawl or are not going to BE IN BRAWL!!
that's the way that should've looked ;)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
All Pokemon should return excluding Pichu.

Pikachu needs a slight buff.

Mewtwo needs a MAJOR buff.

Jigglypuff is actually fine as is.

Pokemon Trainer... I dunno... he's cool I guess. lolz

Lucario is the only Pokemon that I see to be a fighter both fitting and necessary for the roster.

Every other Pokemon can basically screw themselves.

Top Bottom