• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Will if any characters don't return, I at least want to see them as Assist Trophies. So we know Sakurai still loves them.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
After much consideration, I have decided to attempt the death-defying, in quote response. Please, stand back.

Edit: Thank you for recognizing your supporters. It wasn't just me who pointed that out though. Glad you're back on track again ;)
And the edit button worked, as I have just edited my post. I beleive it fears me after I ignored it to simply double post since recent encounters with problems. It wants attention, don't give it any? Maybe it works!

Always. Once things slow down here, and I can access each page without getting the 'timed out' message twelve times, I'll have a lot more to say. Good to know you've made the Edit button your *****, I've been working on it, too.

The way that their similarities out-match their differences among the many of them, there is nothing holding them back but that. I would like Midna, Ganon and maybe another Zelda character in Brawl before another Link but I would also feel like we would be getting "ripped-off" in a way. There are two Samus, they may be one character and are interchangable but none the less, two of the same character have been put in this elite cast. Two Links would be as diverse and visually unique just as well.

True, but the similarities between Doc and Mario and Pichu and Pikachu are what rule them out. And while you are right about the two Samus' they have the distinction of being very visually different. With any two Links the primary visual differences revolve around the animation style and age of the character, which could be said of Mario from SMB and Mario from SMG.

Thanks for listing the ages etc of the past Links, that actually clears some foggy corners up. I guess they should have a third Link because "the 14 year old Link is effectively synonymous with Teen Link." That could eliminate the argument on which Link was most often represented. Adult or Young has a thin line. I'm glad you brought up that the two terms (Young and Old) for the same character were made to sepperate the same Link and not just the characters various ages in general to the series. This is where the trouble arises. And I don't think there is an actual answer. :p

No prob. A few years back we had a topic in the Light House where we discussed these things to death, and someone had posted a list of quotes and in game information giving the ages of each Link. I wish it was still around, I could dig up more. Anyhow, I agree, my friend, there is no answer.

That and age differences aside, the fact that OoT Link is indeed tied to WW Link but is at the same time, ENTIRELY different in appearance and abilities, both in movement and equipment, that a CS version of a Link is required. Whether it be WW or HG, it would only be proper to have one more Link representing that side of the series while still, in a way, being connected to his counterpart. "Adult" TP Link is still a Link but again, other than him being the most recent version of Link,
rAt - "given the fact that whichever Link you insert here *inserting* (TP Link), he's going to effectively represent himself and only himself?"

But no, I don't know the answer either.

Good point. I suppose my arguements against CS Link aren't based on the fact that I think he'd be a poor represetative of the series, or Links in general, but given that we already have a Link, I can't seem to figure out why our Cell Shading representative needs to be Link.

Redundant is the key word in that quote. Having the various Links wouldn't taint the roster with clones or anything similar. But I see what you mean by having other characters first. As would almost anyone, but when the other characters are in, then the other Link would be the next character in line. And he would be just as unique as the last Challenger Approaching.
When it really comes down to it, having the two Links would either fit ingeniously into the Subspace Emissary or ruin it completely. I hope it all works out for the better. That means CSLinks in Brawl, and everyone is happy because no harm was done.
Bad reference. Robin? Oh my... ;)
By the way, I sigged one of your quotes. It was in a Zelda thread too.

That is another good point about SE. I can just imagine the two Links confronting each other with looks of "WTF??" And I'd say you hit the nail right on the head; I don't see Cell-shaded Link making the roster worse, there is just so much I'd personally want to see first. Now that Olimar is in, if Falco and G&W return, everything else is icing on the cake for me. While I won't ever be on the edge of my seat for CS Link, I will certainly be happy for his fans if he gets in.
After all, we Zelda fans gotta stick together. Except Sheik fanboys. :p

On a side note, feel free to quote me any time; especially my obscure Star Wars refernces. :cool:
here you have a fake Link
Touche.

In other topic, I think that Master hand and Crazy hand may be The Ancient Minister hands, if you realize that he is missings his hands (and there are two holes that can be the place for his hands, similar to rayman) and that the atmosphere in wich the halberd appear is similar to one of the backgrounds in the final destination stage
Yes, a friend of mine pointed that out he other day. Good eye. I think you're right. That makes me wonder how the final boss fight of SE will play out.

Sakurai is /trying/ to keep all the unlockables a secret, maybe it just makes sense from a storyline aspect to have some Vets as unlocks, hmm, thought of that?

and OMG Jigglypuff is confirmed! i have to admit, that'd be one monster mistake to make, he did meet the voice-actors 'hi, which character are you doing? i'm snake' 'i'm jigglypuff, i know, it's embarrasing' 'no, i just wish i could have the voice range like that, all i can do is snake' etc etc.
Two things;
One, in his Dec 7th post, Sakurai already talked about how because of internet circulation and online play he wasn't worrying too much about keeping those things under wraps. He went on to say "So, this time I'm moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters." So I doubt he's deliberately trying to hide returning veterans from us; I'd say he just hasn't gotten around to them yet. Also, there is the possibility that ALL returning veterans and newcomers besides Mario and Kirby are unlockable, in which case, it's somewhat of a moot point.
Two, Jiggly's VA doesn't confirm her. Sure, it makes her more likely, but they need VA's for Pokeball pokemon and AT's too. So, technically, all Snake's VA confirmed is that Jigglypuff will apear in some form in Brawl.

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
well, it turns out that all the people who've said 'just wait 'x' days' were wrong... lol.

hopefully this means more vet's will be returned. and more newb's

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
Well Shiek looks awesome! And Oh look 3 more character spots opened for the vets. Looks like we'll be getting alot of character up dates over the next 2 weeks. like it will mater after that. **** japan. Lol.
a) the delay just means the game will rule just that much more.

b) just 'cos the spots are there doesn't mean they'll fill. (g&w g&w g&w g&w)

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Well Shiek looks awesome! And Oh look 3 more character spots opened for the vets. Looks like we'll be getting alot of character up dates over the next 2 weeks. like it will mater after that. **** japan. Lol.
I was already assuming we'd get at least two more characters in two more weeks. Then, once the game is out in Japan, I'm sure we'll see all the unlockables start popping up on the Dojo.

Also, it's looking like it might be worthwhile to take a team of mercinaries to Japan, to capture an early copy of Brawl and some attractive Japanese women (for translating... and other things). Where are all my Doominators at? (Besides Dynamism and Dyce, of course)

Dynamism

Smash Lord
SiegK is a Doominator as well yes?
And i do beleive that the majority of the characters and other aspects on the site are indeed unlockable. And since we have the "Challenges" update, isn't that enough to be "not hung up on" that issue? Or do we need an "Approaches" update too?

Also! Sheik returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And looks better than I though SHE would!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fandangox

Smash Lord
After much consideration, I have decided to attempt the death-defying, in quote response. Please, stand back.

Touche.

Yes, a friend of mine pointed that out he other day. Good eye. I think you're right. That makes me wonder how the final boss fight of SE will play out.
Yeah, I was thinking that maybe after you beat The ancient monister you will have one last fight against Master Hand and Crazy hand in Final destination, but with the Ancient minister's face in the background (Like covering half of it)
good to see that sheik returned now is just Captain Falcon, Ganon, Falco, Ness, Luigi, Marth, and Doctor Mario (just so sieg dont will feel tempted to kill me)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I agree with you 100% rAt, and have actually been saying that around the boards for some time now.

Also, what's a Doominator, and when/how did I become one? (It's a good thing, right? I want to be that?)

Also, I'm not a fan of your new font. It's somewhat smooshed and feels blurry. I say find a new one, or knock up the size one more.

Good to see you back though. Always a fan of your returns from... wherever you go.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
Characters returning: Luigi, Ganondorf, G and W, Mewtwo, Jiggs, Falco.

Gone the way of Ness (Gone): Ness, Roy, Pichu, Doc Mario.
You forgot Marth! He must be back! I agree with your list entirily.:)

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
a) the delay just means the game will rule just that much more.

b) just 'cos the spots are there doesn't mean they'll fill. (g&w g&w g&w g&w)
Wait, just because the spots are there doesn't mean they'll fill??? That doesn't make sense :dizzy:

Also I'm saddened to say the delay might just be to for supply and demand purposes. But I'm sure we'll see the vets return.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
Rick88 said:
Wait, just because the spots are there doesn't mean they'll fill??? That doesn't make sense
Well he's right on something, The more you wait, the more you'll have fun with it.

Rick88 said:
Also I'm saddened to say the delay might just be to for supply and demand purposes. But I'm sure we'll the vets return.
Sounds like the most logical reason as the delay is too short to add much, If anything is done, it would be some glitch fixing or some grammar stuff. But I doubt it, Possibly Supply and Demand as you said.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Well he's right on something, The more you wait, the more you'll have fun with it.

Sounds like the most logical reason as the delay is too short to add much, If anything is done, it would be some glitch fixing or some grammar stuff. But I doubt it, Possibly Supply and Demand as you said.
Ah, I see what he meant now :p.

But yes supply and demand is likely. There are thousands of Wiis out there, I'm sure they'll want to have enough SSBB copies to go around. I've even heard rumors that Gamestop/EB game stores are going to start cutting off pre-orders.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
You have always been one Dyce, it is in your blood!!!
And yeah, it's a good thing.

Anywho...Kelowna has EBgames and they said one person has pre-ordered it. And it was a member of my crew! That's how small and useless this smash community is here. But what ever, online will eliminate travel for the rest of my challengers. LIKE ALL OF YOU hhahahaha!!!!

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
Ah, I see what he meant now :p.

But yes supply and demand is likely. There are thousands of Wiis out there, I'm sure they'll want to have enough SSBB copies to go around. I've even heard rumors that Gamestop/EB game stores are going to start cutting off pre-orders.
D&S is valid enough, i don't know about everywhere else, but the Wii went out of stock in Australia, it still is in a lot of places, same wiith the Wiimotes, so the price has actually gone UP from release, if they can do a similar deal with SSBB, they'll be able to stay $100 for ages.
brilliant.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what Mr. G&W's, if/when he returns, what his Final smash will be.

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
Whatever it is, it will probably have to do with one of his games.

I'm thinking it could be Octopus, where a gigantic black, blocky octopus appears in the background and attacks your opponents. Strangling them, beating them, throwing them... the works.
Good idea, plus it's like the only popular G&W game that isn't in his moveset already, maybe they left it out on purpose??? *puts on tinfoil conspiracy hat*

and also, this is an interesting topic to address, for any returnees, assuming they all are, which i hope is false, what could their moves be? just for conversation.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
i know im going to be beaten down for this but, I think there should be no Young Link OR Cel Shaded Link in Brawl. After all, no matter what way you look at it, they would still be just another Link, and not there own person.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
i know im going to be beaten down for this but, I think there should be no Young Link OR Cel Shaded Link in Brawl. After all, no matter what way you look at it, they would still be just another Link, and not there own person.
All the Link's I think are supposed to be different people just with the same name.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well that all depends on how they make Y/CS Link. He could just be another clone, and then yes, he would be another Link. But, if they gave him his own moveset there wouldn't be any kind of problem. With the amount of techniques and weapson that differ from game to game in the Zelda series, any number of Links could be different from one another. Sure they'd all share the title of "Link", but they don't necessarily have to be considered the same.

All the Link's I think are supposed to be different people just with the same name.
Yea, in most cases. There are the acceptions though, what with direct sequels.

OoT and MM Link are the same.
Zelda and ZeldaII Link are the same.
OoA and OoS Link are the same.
WW and PH Link are the same.

There are more, but those are just some examples. But I'm sure you already knew that.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well that all depends on how they make Y/CS Link. He could just be another clone, and then yes, he would be another Link. But, if they gave him his own moveset there wouldn't be any kind of problem. With the amount of techniques and weapson that differ from game to game in the Zelda series, any number of Links could be different from one another. Sure they'd all share the title of "Link", but they don't necessarily have to be considered the same.

Yea, in most cases. There are the acceptions though, what with direct sequels.

OoT and MM Link are the same.
Zelda and ZeldaII Link are the same.
OoA and OoS Link are the same.
WW and PH Link are the same.

There are more, but those are just some examples. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
wel this is just bloody great. Luigi's the only one who hasn't been confirmed out of the original 12 .The red alloy update pretty much confirming capt.falcon(red alloy was doing the falcon punch) and the pics from gamefaqs confirming Jigglypuff and Ness. So Luigi: get confirmed soon!

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
wel this is just bloody great. Luigi's the only one who hasn't been confirmed out of the original 12 .The red alloy update pretty much confirming capt.falcon(red alloy was doing the falcon punch) and the pics from gamefaqs confirming Jigglypuff and Ness. So Luigi: get confirmed soon!
if red alloy is cap fal, who on earth is the one with horns? seriously, dude, this proves nothing. at all. sorry.

Ryan Colby

Smash Cadet
Who I want to return I think it should be all the originals from ssb but also I think there should be alll the characters in super smash bros. melee since they have already put those characters in before. Why would you want to kick a character out just for memory on the disk or just because there not that good of a character or maby some other reasons but just because a lot of people don't want that character in anymore or dislikes it doesn't mean no one else does because I like young Link and the ice climbers and Mr.Game and whatch but mostly young Link so I think you should put in all the past characters and have a huge selection of character.What would also be cool if you had some plug in thing so 8 people could play at one time but that might be asking for to much.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
if red alloy is cap fal, who on earth is the one with horns? seriously, dude, this proves nothing. at all. sorry.
well, apparently, the yellow alloy has the same falling animation as Mario or something like that so maybe the yellow alloy is Mario? Either way capt. Falcon is still more confirmed then Luigi. At least that original 12 statment of all oif them returning is looking mighty good right now.

Top Bottom