• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

BrawlBrother

Smash Rookie
Hey. I dunno about Lucario coming into Brawl. I think that, while there have been many requests for him, he hasn't been around long enough. Nintendo uses their mascots, more than obscure characters. Of course, I'm probably not the first to say this, but I just wanted to voice my opinion.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Methinks that the characters that will make a return for sure are (as of the following ( in order to higher chance to lowest) (the line divides the ones that are in and out in mah opinion))

1. Ganondorf
2. Captain Falcon
3. Jiggly Puff
4. Luigi
5. Falco
6. Mr. G&W
7. Mewtwo
8. Shiek
9. Marth
13. Pichu
14. Dr. Mario

This is only my opinion so don't flame

Gaming24:7

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf must be in it he is a very cool and strong character also the fact that he used to be a clone of Captain Falcon in SSBM can only suggest two things if he makes a return.

Firstly if Captain Falcon is not in the new game he most probably will have the same moves as he used to have in SSBM (which is what we dont want - i at least as he is my favourite character)

Secondly if Captain Falcon is in the new game they must be really dump to make a clone again as they are pointless although ganon was slower and stronger than captain falcon he had the same moves therefore he will have a complete new set of moves

Thirdly pleaseeeeee bring Ganon back with his cool appearance from Twilight Princess and make him use the bloody sword! He is going to rock! And who knows his special move might be turning him into his favourite pig form! According to Eiji Aonuma creator of zelda he gave the designs of zelda link and ganon to the creator of SSBB so hopefully Ganon is going to be in it in some way hopefully as a playable character that is definately going to be a secret one!

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
It has probably been said quite a lot already, but Captain Falcon will most definetely return, it wouldn't be smash without the Capt.!
You know what I think? I think they are just having trouble finding a voice actor is all, either that or they have gone beck to the original style of making him a secret character.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I swear, the next person to enter this thread and bring up Captain Falcon will suffer a fate worse than death; pre-life. Then death.

A metaphorical cookie to anyone who knows what I just referenced.

Seriously, though, I really wish Sakurai would just bite the bullet and give us our Falcon so people will drop it. Except, then everyone would just move on to Luigi. Scratch that, I wish Sakurai would hurry up and release this game so I can play it instead of reading the same cycle of predictions.

On a side note, you haven't been into these knee-drugs of Falcon's have you, Sieg? :p

jbeeber95

Smash Apprentice
jigglypuff has to be in it :( i luv him and he was one of the best in the game :(

i went to my church with it and every one laughed at me with me being jigglypuff. after 2 matches, they were mad at me :D i really need jigglypuff back along with tons of others :D :(

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I swear, the next person to enter this thread and bring up Captain Falcon will suffer a fate worse than death; pre-life. Then death.

Seriously, though, I really wish Sakurai would just bite the bullet and give us our Falcon so people will drop it. Except, then everyone would just move on to Luigi. Scratch that, I wish Sakurai would hurry up and release this game so I can play it instead of reading the same cycle of predictions.

On a side note, you haven't been into these knee-drugs of Falcon's have you, Sieg? :p
you referenced: something

I WANT MY COOKIE!

Zuby

Smash Journeyman

You referenced Futurama... Teenage Mutant Leela's Hurdles. At least I think that's what it is.

Dynamism

Smash Lord

How about they just deconfirm him already ;)
jk jk jk

I love how people generally say things like
"I want Falcon to return!" and leave haha omg that's hilarious!
Like who doesn't other than Falcon himself? Like seriously? ;)
jk jk jk!!!
Crap, Falcon probably started sprinting from Missigan and was about to knee me for saying that. We all know Falcon loves beating the **** out of weird creatures!

he does right? :confused:

jigglypuff has to be in it :( i luv him and he was one of the best in the game :(

i went to my church with it and every one laughed at me with me being jigglypuff. after 2 matches, they were mad at me :D i really need jigglypuff back along with tons of others :D :(
**** n00bs not liking the colour pinkywhite(?) because that can't figure out how to time her DownB, dodge rollout, get around a wall of pain or are even concious of the fact that they could make one with one move called bair themselves!!!

haha jk, the Pichu is really where it's at! The n00bs supporting hatred that is. Oh wait! That's competitivers too isn't it? :confused:

You referenced Futurama... Teenage Mutant Leela's Hurdles. At least I think that's what it is.
ZIIIIIING! ZUBY ZA MAZTAH!

that/this is the first post where I actually didn't care what I was posting...MUHAHAHA
epiphany!
*why do I keep saying epiphany?* *wtf*

I really hope Captain Falcon returns. He was a good character with coolness and stuff, why would they even think about taking him out?! He better be back because he's fun to play as!!

Falcon FTW!!!

It's 2008...and good updates "should" be around the corner because the game is being released this month so....................................*unfinish sentence* *I'm so lazy at this moment haha*

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
When it comes to the returning characters the only 2 I know that have a high chance of returning is Shiek and Ganondorf, but this is only based on a rummer I heard of Sakuri obtaining sketches of a LoZ:TP versions of those characters. As for anther I think Marth will return because he was the first lord and he is important to the Fire Emblem series, and I've heard of a new Fire Emblem game where the main character looks a lot like him, but this is all speculations of things I've heard or read so I'm just giving these characters a 80% chance of returning.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Screw Falco. Pichu for brawl.

Falco is lame he won't return if you like him your a furry.

Pichu for brawl.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Methinks that the characters that will make a return for sure are (as of the following ( in order to higher chance to lowest) (the line divides the ones that are in and out in mah opinion))

1. Ganondorf
2. Captain Falcon
3. Jiggly Puff
4. Luigi
5. Falco
6. Mr. G&W
7. Mewtwo
8. Shiek
9. Marth
13. Pichu
14. Dr. Mario

This is only my opinion so don't flame
My list would look the same, except I think Luigi should be higher.

YellowPikmin

Smash Journeyman
Here's how I see things:

Pichu: No way. Just a weak clone of Pikachu that works up his own damage without anyone touching him.

Mewtwo: Possibly. He's got a unique moveset, but its tough. Technically Red is 3 pokemon characters already, which puts us at 4 with pikachu. I'd be sad to see him go, but it's a tough call

Jigglypuff: Again, tough. She's been in from the start, with a unique moveset, but you can hardly call her a major character. However, as with Mewtwo, its fairly plausible.

Luigi: Yes. From melee he became different from Mario, and he's been in the series from the start. As well he's a very major Mario character.

Dr. Mario: No way. He's way too similar to Mario. I could see him being included as a costume for Mario, but that's about it.

Falco: Probably not, but I could be wrong. He won't be as he was in melee if he is included. This could go either way. I think we can expect a Star Fox character(other than Fox), but I don't know if it will be Falco.

Ganondorf: Definitely. He was a clone, yes, but he's the main Zelda villain, so he's a must have. He's the only clone that I see a very real possibility of reappearing with a redone moveset.

Captain Falcon: Absolutely. He's been in from the start, not a clone, and they have an F-Zero assist trophy.

Ness: Nope. It's a shame, but I don't think there's any hope for him. Ness players need not grieve too much though; Lucas seems to be almost exactly the same. There may be another Mother character, but it won't be Ness.

Mr. Game and Watch: Hmm. He's one of the oldest characters, and a unique moveset. However, he's a very unusual character to include. Because of his nostalgic nature though, I'm going to have to say he's pretty likely, but I could be wrong.

Sheik: Yeah. There's not been any indication that Zelda is a whole lot different, and Sheik was a big part of Zelda. Additionally, as we've seen with Pokemon Trainer and Zero Suit Samus, Sakurai has no objections to transforming characters.

Young Link: I can't see it. People have talked about a Wind Waker style young link, I know. And there's definitely enough Zelda items out there to give him a unique moveset. However, the fact is that Link and Young Link are not different in terms of who they are. Yes, one could make a Wind waker link. But when it comes down to it, Link in twilight princess and link in wind waker are still the same person. They're both Link. It wouldn't be any more likely for them to include a Galaxy Mario and a Sunshine Mario seperately. I know that each Link in the respective Zelda games is supposed to be a different person. The fact still remains that they both fall under the category of "Link" as a character. Sorry, but the truth isn't any less true for being harsh.

Marth & Roy: Quite likely. As far as I understand, Ike has different special moves from Marth and Roy. Therefore, there's a high likelihood that Marth or Roy will be included. I can't see BOTH of them being in--unless of course one had a dramatically changed moveset. Barring that, though, I see Marth as more likely for inclusion than Roy. Ike is heavy and strong, while Marth is light and fast. It makes more sense to include a speedy character and a slow character from Fire Emblem rather than two slows. Additionally, Marth is played as quite a bit by "professional" players or whatever they're called. If Sakurai is at all concerned with public opinion(and he should be; he wants this game to be popular), this would be a deciding factor for him. Of course, neither of them may be included. They may be dropped for other Fire Emblem characters.

Smash Apprentice
My thoughts:

Dr. Mario: Too similar to Mario, not in.

Pichu: Rather insignificant. Not in.

Mewtwo: Unique moveset, important to Pokemon series. Possibly in., or possibly be replaced by Lucario.

Jigglypuff: Unique moveset. Not significant to Pokemon series, but who could replace her? Probably in.

Marth/Roy: Does Fire Emblem deserve 2 reps? If so, Marth would probably be in as opposed to Roy.

Young Link: Just another Link, only younger. Could get a unique moveset, but seems unlikely. Probably not in.

Ness: His moveset was taken by Lucas. Most likely not in.

Falco: Not sure. Starfox needs another rep, but not sure if Falco should be the 2nd rep.

All others not mentioned are most likely returning.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Yay! I'll play your game.

C. Falcon: Shoe-in. I don't have to explain why.

Ganondorf: Absolute shoe-in. Major villian of the Zelda series, and he can get an original moveset with no big problems.

Mr. Game and Watch: Debatable. Dunno why, maybe it's not quite popular?

Sheik: Debatable. I personally don't want Sheik in, but many fans claim that, and some rumor has confirmed Sheik, but I don't believe rumors.

Dr. Mario: Eh? No way. People does not need another Mario, the original is enough.

Pichu: Meh, it's has been deconfirmed. And it wouldn't make sense... I don't know what Pichu fans see in this little mouse.

Young Link: Hm... maybe he could return as the WW Link, I mean, many games with that kind of design were made, and were good, right?

Mewtwo: Likely, I mean, quite original, and stuff. The only bad thing is its power, I think Mewtwo should be a little stronger.

Jigglypuff: I doubt it. I mean, even if it got an original moveset, it's really weak (weaker than Pichu!) and it has lost quite a lot of it's popularity. YET, it got an original moveset, and is a veteran.

Ness: Replaced, Lucas stealed his moveset, changing his moveset for the last time? Bad idea.

Falco: Likely, quite popular, and it can get an original moveset. Star Fox could get 3 reps. Krystal being next.

Marth: Shoe-in. FE11 is about to be released, pretty popular, AND with an original moveset.

Roy: Debatable, was an advertisement for FE6, but his game made nice sales, and is quite popular in the world. Yet, he hasn't starred any FE game recently, but is a veteran... debatable yes.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I could stomache Young Link and Doctor Mario being removed.
Ness will be left out. Same with Falco, I'd imagine.
Roy shouldn't go, but will.
But everyone else, yeah, they'll stay.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Televition show

want to know who is returning?

then don't loose the next episode of SSBB some stupid boys are unbeliable

we shouldn really care to much about that, obvoius like Ganon and Captain Falcor are returning don't worry

amann78

Smash Rookie
The Doc and regular Mario are similar, but not so much that Doc should be excluded. They have had plenty of time to get rid of the "clone" aspect, so why not throw everyone from Melee back into the mix? It would be about the only way to make everybody truly happy.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Yay! I'll play your game.

C. Falcon: Shoe-in. I don't have to explain why.

Ganondorf: Absolute shoe-in. Major villian of the Zelda series, and he can get an original moveset with no big problems.

Mr. Game and Watch: Debatable. Dunno why, maybe it's not quite popular?

Sheik: Debatable. I personally don't want Sheik in, but many fans claim that, and some rumor has confirmed Sheik, but I don't believe rumors.

Dr. Mario: Eh? No way. People does not need another Mario, the original is enough.

Pichu: Meh, it's has been deconfirmed. And it wouldn't make sense... I don't know what Pichu fans see in this little mouse.

Young Link: Hm... maybe he could return as the WW Link, I mean, many games with that kind of design were made, and were good, right?

Mewtwo: Likely, I mean, quite original, and stuff. The only bad thing is its power, I think Mewtwo should be a little stronger.

Jigglypuff: I doubt it. I mean, even if it got an original moveset, it's really weak (weaker than Pichu!) and it has lost quite a lot of it's popularity. YET, it got an original moveset, and is a veteran.

Ness: Replaced, Lucas stealed his moveset, changing his moveset for the last time? Bad idea.

Falco: Likely, quite popular, and it can get an original moveset. Star Fox could get 3 reps. Krystal being next.

Marth: Shoe-in. FE11 is about to be released, pretty popular, AND with an original moveset.

Roy: Debatable, was an advertisement for FE6, but his game made nice sales, and is quite popular in the world. Yet, he hasn't starred any FE game recently, but is a veteran... debatable yes.
About Marth and Roy...Ike is in to replace them, I think Sakuria hinted something about that in the Ike Update...

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
About Marth and Roy...Ike is in to replace them, I think Sakuria hinted something about that in the Ike Update...
No where in the Ike page does it even mention another FE character at all. So no confirmation whatsoever that Ike replaces either of them.

I do think it was funny that the screen shots of Aether and Great Aether were both being used on Samus, poor girl.

Also Link's and Ike's FS are only single target, which is disappointing to say the least, but I can only hope they did this solely for balancing the characters. I wonder if all medieval fantsay sword fighters are gonna have this aspect.

Shadow25

Smash Rookie
Yes! Jigglypuff is extremely weak, completely terrible, and virtually unknown. how she got it in the first place, I'll never know.

Phred

Smash Journeyman

I'm sure there has to be a few more Newcomers... I don't really want anyone unique to be lost.
I mean, Ike has Roy at being the Newest Fire Emblem guy, but Marth is the first.
Marth and Ike can co-exist for sure, especially seeing how much different Ike is from Marth.
Lucas and Ness I'm not so sure about... I guess Lucas could be Ness' Luigi. Given the minor differences in some of their B moves. And Ness doesn't have a snake or Hexagonal attack effects. So you know. anythings possible.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Luigi: He's returning, due to Mario getting the Floody thing, Luigi gets a Vacuum (the polar opposite of a water cannon) further deviding them and strengthening his unique standing.

Jigglypuff: If any of the 64 cast is getting cut... its not Jigglypuff, I'm confident that this siren will sing for another game.

Captain ManlyMan: If you think he isn't returning, prepare for a FALCON... PUNCH!

Ness: Blame Lucas and his Stick (which is obviously to replace Ness's Bat Smash), good bye my psychic friend, my master of Baseball, Yo-Yo spinner, and all around okay kid.

Mewtwo: He's coming back, almost entirely sure. My theory is that no matter how things change, every series will either be par or +1 in reps from Melee to Brawl. if Mewtwo isn't coming back, its because some hot shot Steel/Fighter took his spot.

Mr. Game and Watch: Icon Theory says he returns, I ain't gunna argue with it as I want mah bacon back. He's too different to be replaced.

Princess Swordboy: Marth is coming back, he's getting a new game too, no point being rid of him now that he's both a Vet and a sales pitch (Like Roy was).

Doc Mario: ...No, you're leaving and Geno or Bowser Jr. is taking the spot!

Ganondorf: He's getting his own moveset and keeping the Balance of Zelda characters, it'd be wrong without the Triforce of Power.

Falco: Flip a Coin, Heads he gets a new Moveset, Tails he's gone. We can't tell from here. However his return and Krystal's additon wouldn't shock me.

Y. Link: Give him a Cel Shaded Look, he keeps the Zelda Cast par, he further adds to List credibility, and makes everyone happy.

Pichu: *Grabs the goggles and Spartan Kicks Pichu*

Roy: Is Roy our Boy anymore? No, no, sorry, I want him back, but not seeing it. Getting a different class of FE fighter to replace him would be good, however.

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
Luigi: as a clone, never (we're seeing evidence of the removal of the clones)

Jigglypuff: with another power-up, maybe, but it's been expendable from the start, he/she means nothing as a rep of the series

Captain Falcon: he's still the only one with his style of attack (quick, all melee, tall (following that Ganon isn't officially back)) so we'd all like to hope he comes back

Ness: no clones, the likelihood of him being a costume is better, and i'm sure we've all seen the boards 'proving' that wario is the only one with an alt. costume

Mewtwo: as nice as that would be, i'm doubting it, incidental character, poor fighter overall, i liiked him, but i only ever competed against friends.

Mr. Game and Watch: again, so unique it'd be a shame to see him go, i sincirely wish he'd return, but from a business standpoint, lot of 'new gamers' would never guess who he is.

Marth: unlikely, Ike has almost officially replaced our knife-y friends.

Doc Mario: unlikely, this time because he's a mimic, he plays different to mario, but he's still mario, it doesn't make much sense in a rostering perspective (plus he sucked)

Ganondorf: oh god please yes, but realistically, he was a heavy cap.fal. and he's expendable.

Falco: *whispers* just privately, i've heard enough praise for both him and Fox that i wouldn't have batted an eyelid at both of them going. But it's still possible

Y. Link: not much hope, he was a shrunken clone, also it doesn't mesh considering they're using the new Zelda series' as a base-point

Pichu: hmm, suicidal pikachu clone, i'll pass, and so will they, no thankyou

Roy: like i said for marth, byee

any of the returners may still return as unlocks, the SE format has changed the rules and they may be encuontered during the stories, you try scripting all the melee characters a full story mode.

P.S.(thankyou to Rakath for posting this format, made my job easier.

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf WILL return.
They can't have Zelda and Link, but not Ganondorf...does not make sense.
Sakurai will just alter his moveset.

amann78

Smash Rookie
Dr. Mario didn't suck. It took a special type of player to master him and use him to his full abilities.

Top Bottom