• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Wrath`

Smash Master
bad clone and extra characters go out and make room for more!,
1.Cpt.Falcon (we got snake screw this guy)
2.Ness(annoying and resembles a chinese kid trying to talk english)
3.Young Link(seriously a bad character! Wind waker link is much more better)
4.Dr.Mario(its just mario but a big excuse for the theme music
5.Ganondorf(sucks and a waste of unlocking)
6.Ice climbers(have the most annoying stage)
7.Marth(Ike is enough)
8.Roy(but he has that move that owns in cruel mode)
9.sheik(she sucks)

THESE CHARACTERS GOTA GO!
wow, this is worse reasoning than me.

hmm, my thoughts are with toad being deconferimmed,that leaves waluigi more space

Eevee4ssbb

Smash Journeyman
7.Marth(Ike is enough)
9.sheik(she sucks)

THESE CHARACTERS GOTA GO![/QUOTE

Dude these are opinions

sheik doesnt suck ganondorf is deadly
ness is originial why get rid of him
Marth or roy should leave (hopefully roy)
ice climbers original so stay
ylink get replced with wind waker link

Your answers are based on you not everyone else

selfish reasons to take out these ppl

monty06

Smash Ace
7.Marth(Ike is enough)
9.sheik(she sucks)

Dude these are opinions

i think his opinions suck like why would you drop ics cos of there stage thats stupid.

roy should go marth should say.

cpt falcon should stay.

sheik doesnt suck shes 3rd best character in the game.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
wow, this is worse reasoning than me.

hmm, my thoughts are with toad being deconferimmed,that leaves waluigi more space
You've got to be kidding me...

Sakurai would not put in Waluigi over Toad. Waluigi is a minute speck of dusk compared to Toad!

monty06

Smash Ace
7.Marth(Ike is enough)
9.sheik(she sucks)

Dude these are opinions

sheik doesnt suck wtf shes 3rd best character in the game
i agree ics should stay they are good but there level sucks
roy to go but marth should stay

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It will be tragic if Waluigi even made an appearance as an AT? I wouldn't mind it if it's creative, but I don't want to see Waluigi as playable.

But From what I've heard Sakurai openly admitted that Ness will be replaced with Lucas
He admitted that it was planned for Melee, but was scrapped due to the N64 version being cancelled. He also didn't plan on Jigglypuff returning in Melee, but Jigglypuff did because of lack of time to create a new one.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It will be tragic if Waluigi even made an appearance as an AT? I wouldn't mind it if it's creative, but I don't want to see Waluigi as playable.
I suppose an AT is alright, but I mostly meant in terms of being playable.

Though, even an AT wouldn't exactly excite me. Overall, there's nothing about Waluigi that draws me to him at all.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
To have Toad as a shield and Waluigi as an AT feels like injustice to me.

Maybe that's just me, though... I originally didn't care whether Waluigi was an AT or not, but when Toad is degraded below an AT, it changes things.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I have to say, this thread is almost exactly like the Confirmed Character Thread, except a few pages behind in the issues that are being discussed, and with more new folks. Crazy.

Alright, alright, alright...

This be a Mr. Game & Watch rant. You might remember that "How This Game Came to be Made" thingy on the old Dojo site where Mr. Sakurai says, something along the lines of, "Above all else this game is a tribute to the fans and the developers." Now, I'm sure you've all heard of the late Gunpei Yokoi who programmed Donkey Kong, created the Game Boy, Virtual Boy, and the Wonderswan, and acted as producer for the Metroid and Fire Emblem series as well as others. He also created the Game & Watch which sold 43 million units and lead into Nintendo entering the arcade and video game business.

Anyway, after his death, he became a sort of icon of gaming, having created the Game & Watch, Game Boy, and playing an integral part in the making of Donkey Kong, all of which were huge steps for Nintendo's success. So, because of all of this, I think Mr. Game & Watch was and still will be a sort-of standing tribute to this man that should continue to be in SSB.
Best post ever.

MEWTWOMASTER2002, I have one question for you; Source? If the Bowser Jr, fiasco from awhile back has taught me anything it is that if there's no source, then it's not true. Also, if there is a source, sometimes it's not true. If something is repeated enough around here, it is eventually accepted as fact, regardless of whether or not there is any real truth to it. Kinda makes me want to start a "fact" myself. :cool:

Anyhow, I agree with Circus; Sakurai has been nothing if not unpredictable as of late. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up at my door in a Yoshi costume, weilding a katana and yelling (in japanese) "All your base are belong to us!" For the record, though, I'd be okay with it if he brought a finished copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl with him.

ThelegendD-D

Smash Rookie
www.smashbrosrd.tk The best Site of RD

I am from Dominican republica here are many Good Super players but I am not agreement With mr.games that comes inside in ssbb better that they clear the clones and they actualizen those personages who do not serve, if they want but information as personages this news of the percentage who is coming www.SmashBrosRD.tk :laugh:

ThelegendD-D

Smash Rookie
www.smashbrosrd.tk The best Site of RD

:laugh::p:p:p:pI am from Dominican republica here are many Good Super players but I am not agreement With mr.games that comes inside in ssbb better that they clear the clones and they actualizen those personages who do not serve, if they want but information as personages this news of the percentage who is coming www.SmashBrosRD.tk :laugh: david_rodriguez_708@hotmail.com

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
MEWTWOMASTER2002, I have one question for you; Source? If the Bowser Jr, fiasco from awhile back has taught me anything it is that if there's no source, then it's not true. Also, if there is a source, sometimes it's not true. If something is repeated enough around here, it is eventually accepted as fact, regardless of whether or not there is any real truth to it. Kinda makes me want to start a "fact" myself. :cool:
First of all, I never said he was confirmed as an AT. I doubt he will be. I guess I worded my post wrong. Basically I was trying to ask whether Nothing Rhymes with Circus means tragic as in as playable only or as in any kind of appearance. Again, I never said Waluigi is going to make any appearance.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
First of all, I never said he was confirmed as an AT. I doubt he will be. I guess I worded my post wrong. Basically I was trying to ask whether Nothing Rhymes with Circus means tragic as in as playable only or as in any kind of appearance. Again, I never said Waluigi is going to make any appearance.
Lol, no that made perfect sense. I meant about Sakurai's comments on Lucas/Ness and Jigglypuff. I've been hearing both around quite a bit recently, but I realized I've never once seen a source for either.
My bad, I should have specified what I was talking about.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
According to Wikipedia this (Nintendo Japanese site) says that Ness was supposed to be replaced by Lucas.

I can't translate it, though. I don't usually believe Wikipedia either, but it cited that page, so I suppose translated it does say that.

Jigglypuff, I've never seen anything saying he/she wasn't going to be in Melee. Sometimes I wonder if it's just bias against Jigglypuff that drives people to start such rumors.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The Lucas and Ness thing was on Ness' profile on the SSBM website:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0717/index.html

Note the MOTHER 3 in the second paragraph. It pretty much just says that they had planned to have the hero of MOTHER 3 instead of Ness but had to cancel that plan for various reasons (like MOTHER 3 being cancelled).

The beginning of Jigglypuff's profile does sort of hint that they weren't really intending to include her again but, since her status of being the weakest character was passed to Pichu, they decided to keep her in as a easy to get, unique character that could compete. Or something...we should get a real translator to look at it. And the rest of the SSBM site...who knows what hints there could be in the interviews and descriptions and what not...

monty06

Smash Ace
i dont really mind who returns and who doesnt return as long as they dont have to many clones again. i would rather see toad over waluigi but i wouldnt mind if waluigi was in the game as long they dont pu him in over toad.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well right now i'm not home, but when i get back home tonight i gotta remember to put the link up but....Shiek and Ganon are confirmed.
The link you're referring to (if it's the one I'm thinking of, which I'm sure it is) has been posted on here several times. Don't bother.

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
I think all the originals should be included EXCEPT for the following
Dr. Mario, Pichu, Falco, and Young Link.
Also, they should give Ganondorf, Roy, and maybe Falco if they do keep him NEW MOVESETS! NO MORE CLONES! They should also probably change Jigglypuff, Ness, and Ice Climbers to make them a bit better so that somebody might actually want to play as them

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
I have a strong feeling Ice Climbers and Game and Watch will not be returning.

Yes they both had very original move sets, I know that.

It just seems like over all they are fairly uninteresting characters.

Game and Watch is just a black figure...not much creativity in his appearance. Yes I know they can't change from the original design. But they could ditch him and replace him with someone cooler and more diverse visually and as a fighter.

I like how the Ice Climbers were designed, but I just feel that many people did not like them or the idea of them. To be fair, I had never heard of the game till SSBM came out. But I know alot of people were the same way with Marth and Ness. So Yes, they could get away with it and become popular, but the thing is, Ice Climbers wern't that popular. And there has been aboslutly no hint toward them confirmation wise.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Just because you find them "disinteresting" doesn't mean everybody else does.

They both are incredibly unique, and your reasoning against them seems to be just your own opinion.

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
Yes they both had very original move sets, I know that.

It just seems like over all they are fairly uninteresting characters.

Game and Watch is just a black figure...not much creativity in his appearance. .

OK. you can't argue that. Its not an arguable opinion deal. Game and Watch is just a black, flat, stick figure. Nothing more.

I know he is original, but too much originality CAN be boring. Notice i use the qualifier CAN.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Can be boring to you, it doesn't justify him leaving, because there are several people out there who like him. Besides it's the CLONES that should leave, not him.

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
Can be boring to you, it doesn't justify him leaving, because there are several people out there who like him. Besides it's the CLONES that should leave, not him.

your right. just because I don't use him, doesn't mean he should leave. He is original, so there fore he could stay. I understand there are some GW fanboys so, ya, you've persuaded me.

But I don't think all clones should leave...just change a little.

Luigi has really never done much for me. He was to similar to Mario, and I have a difficult time seeing how they could change him alot...unless they gave him a vacuum. Then that could be neat.
Falco I like. He just looks awesome and is a bad ***. However, they should differenciate him from Fox more.

Pichu can go. They can't change him enough to make him different to Picachu.

Ganondorf, as is rumored, is returning. I am excited to see if he is given a sword or if he will be magic based.

Dr. Mario would make better for an alternate costume for Mario.

Between Roy and Marth I can't say.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
But I don't think all clones should leave...just change a little.
I agree, I'm meaning the clones they can't do much with, like Dr. Mario, Pichu, and the like.

Luigi has really never done much for me. He was to similar to Mario, and I have a difficult time seeing how they could change him alot...unless they gave him a vacuum. Then that could be neat.
He's not really a clone in the first place, he was in SSB64, but he plays very differently in Melee. Still, he could use a complete change from Mario. Like ALL of his B moves changing. We've discussed that in the Luigi topic a bit.

Falco I like. He just looks awesome and is a bad ***. However, they should differenciate him from Fox more.
Falco is one that should be changed. He's important to the Star Fox series, so he needs his own moveset.

Pichu can go. They can't change him enough to make him different to Picachu.
True that.

Ganondorf, as is rumored, is returning. I am excited to see if he is given a sword or if he will be magic based.
Yup, he should get his new TP look and get a whole new moveset.

Dr. Mario would make better for an alternate costume for Mario.
Agreed.

Between Roy and Marth I can't say.
I'd say Marth. From my knowledge of the Fire Emblem series, Marth was the original lord, while Roy wasn't as important and his game didn't even make it the USA.

I like Roy, but I say he needs to go, I'd also say the same for Link. Unless they could somehow make him WW Link and give him a whole new moveset, although I personally don't find that necessary.

ThelegendD-D

Smash Rookie
I am from Dominican republica here are many Good Super players but I am not agreement With mr.games all the clones that comes inside in ssbb better that they clear the clones and they actualizen those personages who do not serve, if they want but information as personages this news of the percentage who is coming www.SmashBrosRD.tk david_rodriguez_708@hotmail.com

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Pichu should return with a new moveset just because I want a really weak character to play as. I prefer if all the originals returned, but if one must go then I would say Jigglypuff. I want to see both Ness and Lucas in with different movesets that still represent the Mother series.

gamstog

Smash Rookie
I'm just gonna say that anyone who doesn't like mr. game and watch doesn't repect our roots he's from before NES you can't get rid of him yes his character design isn't the most origonal but super smash brothers has never been about wowing people with the graphics portion of the game its about game play and mr. game and watch on that aspect is
probably one of the more original characters and probably one of the more characters who's moves are based on the character.
take Capt. falcon for example there has yet to be a game (that i know of anyway) that you play as him outside his ship so where does this power (falcon punch) come from or any of his moves
I'm not saying take him out by any means but Mr. Game and Watch should not be put on the chopping block because his game came out before they were capable of making a detailed character

monty06

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna say that anyone who doesn't like mr. game and watch doesn't repect our roots he's from before NES you can't get rid of him yes his character design isn't the most origonal but super smash brothers has never been about wowing people with the graphics portion of the game its about game play and mr. game and watch on that aspect is
probably one of the more original characters and probably one of the more characters who's moves are based on the character.
take Capt. falcon for example there has yet to be a game (that i know of anyway) that you play as him outside his ship so where does this power (falcon punch) come from or any of his moves
I'm not saying take him out by any means but Mr. Game and Watch should not be put on the chopping block because his game came out before they were capable of making a detailed character

i agree game and watch is a reason how we ended with nintendo with out his games we would know what nintendo console was. i think he should return g&w ftw

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
What they need to do is just buff MrG&W. Read the thing about MrG&W on Smashbrawl, it's a very good expose and very relevent to this conversation. IMO, he just needs to be able to L-cancel his aerials like a normal person, he needs one or two rapid-fire attacks so he can juggle better, and his B moves need to be a bit less clunky. He wouldn't be hard to fix, and he isn't a bad character already. He has potential to be a phenominal character with some tweaking and he would be worth unlocking.

Mewtwo needs to be worth unlocking too. But that conversation is for another time.

gamstog

Smash Rookie
mewtwo it will take quite a bit of work to get that character worth playing with(no offense)
the idea is pretty sweet a what with the telekinesis/melee attacks but it just was too much for me with the flips and floating but your right that is quite a conversation starter

Top Bottom